Kookaburra Inn Reviews

41 Phillips Street, Spring Hill, Downtown, Brisbane, Australia

Brilliantly friendly, clean, tidy, organised hostel. Planning to stay again on our return back south to Sydney it was that good. Only down sides were a very small kitchen with limited utensils (although this was sufficient for us during our short stay as there did not appear to be too many other people staying there) as well as there being only one shower (we think) on the ground floor between (possibly) 8 double/twin rooms. Otherwise highly recommended!

Very nice place in a very pleasant Australian city. We really liked the owners and the peaceful atmosphere. Rooms were clean and simple, all we needed for the price we paid.

I had a pleasant short stay at the Kookaburra. The room was clean and I considered it great value for money. I'll be sure to check in again next time I am in town. Thanks guys!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Wendy the owner was an absolute gem, she was always on.hand to help and was very welcoming and friendly.

Good location, great value for money. No complaints.

This was a nice, clean to stay. Like fact have big Alsation.

• 1st May 2015

Very pleasant stay and appreciate the hospitality. I will definitely stay there next time. Very close to central train station.

A lovely small hostel. More like a small hot with self catering facilities. Perfect for travellers of all ages but probably better for the older traveller. It's not a party hostel. Kitchen is well stocked with crockery cutlery and pans if a little small. Wendy and Ron are fab hosts. Can't do enough to help. Good location 10 minutes from CBD. Twin rooms max shared or private. No bunks or dorms. Great TV room and free wifi is AWESOME.

The rooms are decent sized, some with A/C, others without. Very clean and well managed. The kitchen area and bathroom are well-maintained and clean. There is an outdoor patio area and tv room to relax. Owners are extremely helpful and friendly, and gave me the option to shower even before and after my booking. They were knowledgeable and very kind. Highly recommended if you are looking for a relaxing, chill time, and not a party atmosphere. 15 min walk to central, 5 min walk to grocery store.

Very good and affordable accommodation near the centre on Brisbane. Friendly staff. Cosy rooms with fans and small sinks. Clean bathrooms, kitchen and TV room.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Finland

The Kookaburra Inn suited my needs perfectly, there are no dorm style bunk rooms in the building so the atmosphere isn't juvenile like a lot of places. There was never any problem with the shared bathrooms, there are plenty available and they were always clean. For the price and location you couldn't do better.