Kool Backpacker Hostel Reviews

31 Bangla Road. T. Patong A Kathu, Phuket, Thailand

This hostel is good for meeting people an going out to have a good time, but if you're after a quiet nights sleep this is not the best place to be! Definitely recommend staying here!

• 16th Nov 2014

Bathrooms and rooms were regularly cleaned. The lobby is very comfortable. You could just lay down there with there bean bags to eat/sleep/talk to strangers/watch a movie/surf the net or whatever. All of the parameters were excellent except for security because the atmosphere could go crazy, meaning drunk people could be banging at your door for mistake. But I don't mind that because I also drink too much some times. HEHE

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

A chilled clean hostel. Most people hang out there before going out so easy to meet people. Rum is an awesome guy wand hangs out in the evening. No windows in rooms so can be disorientating at first wake. It's on the main party street but you don't get the noise...just a little base. Definitely recommend this place but know what you're in for in Patong before arriving!

Really enjoyed in the hostel , the lobby was great area to meet the other people, and very clean and good hot shower. The staff guy ( Mey ?) the reception he was very kind and very helpfull, The location Bangla road is so close to Patong Beach and Jungceylon.

Thanks bro for helping with my questions on beachs, transport etc. :) really helpful staff!

I like the place, it was clean and just right next to the Beach. The only I am not so happy about was the bed, It was nice and everything, but really movable, so every move make a lot of noise.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Very friendly staff, always willing to help, I have to thank them for all the tips and help I got! Very clean hostel, no shoes inside! A bit hard to find, when you walk down Bangla Road, right in front of the Tiger Bar you'll see a very tiny alley with a supermarket at the end. Go it there and you'll see the signs.

• 16th Oct 2014

stayed for 1 nite..1st its kinda hard to find this hostel coz located behind the bar...cheap..but at nite its hard to sleep coz too noisy..but the bed and bathroom are good

Great hostel! Great if you're a backpacker easy to make loads of friends, also right in the strip I would stay again.

• 13th Oct 2014

This was such a clean hostel! The facilities were great! The staff was 50/50, they were all very nice, but a couple of the workers could not speak any english! Which caused a few issues. It is in a very party focused area, if that is what you are looking for. Very nice, clean, and right in the middle of everything.

Location in the walking street, so it's a good place to enjoying night life, others?don't except too much.

BEDBUGS! I stayed here one night and I've been itching since then, pretty sure I got bedbugs from there as it started the next day and I stayed in my previous hostel 7 days so it definitely isn't from there. Otherwise I was pretty happy about this hostel, really nice and clean and staff answered all my questions. Lots of showers and toilets. Not very secure though as anyone can walk in and out.

I really liked Kool Backpacker because of the service they gave and the hospitality they showed. The people there are very helpful and even helped me find a ticket that i had lost in the hostel. The place has lockers where you buy your own lock and put the belongings. The bathrooms and dorms are super clean and are maintained everyday. The lounge area is also nice also has a pool table. Overall a great place to stay with very little to spend.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • India

Great place to stay. Right in the middle of all the bars and clubs. Not too far from the beach. Staff all very helpful and friendly!

Kool decor. Some French chick stole my bed sheet. I like Rum (the manager. That is all.

good hostel

Its fine hostel & located good place near Patong Beach. And cleanliness is also enough good. But its little bit inconvenient there is not personal locker in the room. We can use one next to reception, but its better to put it in each room too.

Location is excellent for alone travels. Atmosphere was great.

The best thing about the hostel was a receptionist guy who was very kind and helpful. And it was located in the most hottest road in Phuket.

Really great time. All the staff, especially the manager Rum, are super helpful and helped me get my bag from the airline. The only con is that it's noisy during the day so just make sure you drink lots the night before. Would definitely recommend

« first « Prev 1 2 3