Krishna Hostel Reviews

3/47 Vibhav Nagar Near Vidhya Peeth School Agra, Agra, India

the place is filthy,the rooms have no windows outside and the sheets were very dirty.there are many power cuts in that area of the city and there is electricity only a few hours a day.during the night there is no electricity and no air conditioning at all.

Owner/staff was very helpful and accommodating. Location was perfect. It was away from the noisy main roads and yet still very close to the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. One can purchase meals there which was also convenient. Only complaint is the toilet in our room didn't flush.

• 18th Jun 2014

Don't book! I showed up at the hostel and it turns out there's new owners now, who will not acknowledge your reservation and tell you this is your problem with whoever the owner of Krishna hostel is.

The room was very spacious and I even got a double bed, wifi worked very well. The guy in the reception was young and was kind enough to help me book bus ticket for the next day. Only stayed here for one night, and it only seemed to be one more guest in the hotel. This is not really the place to meet fellow travellers, but I didn't really find any good places to stay for backpackers in Agra... Wouldn't recommend staying more than one night in Agra.

i arrived 10 hours late (because train from Delhi was delayed for 10 unbelievable hours due to heavy winter fog), but the hostel owner accommodated me well and even let me checkout whenever i was comfortable (despite of the usual 12:00 noon checkout time). Room are spacey, comfortable and 15mins walk to taj mahal. Located in residential area, so you will appreciate the calm neighbourhood.

Walking-distance from the Taj Mahal and some tasty restaurants. Staff were excellent. They served us dinner when we arrived late at night for a very reasonable price. They also worked hard to help us arrange transport out of the city on short notice. I would recommend this hostel.

The hostel (it's more like a guesthouse) is good. Even though it's arguably walking distance to Tah Mahal it's still far from other shops.It would be good if they serve meals with proper menu. The neighborhood seems pretty safe. I did have hot water problem in my room and thought it had been fixed but it wasn't the case. Wifi was good though.

The AC in our room seems to be broken (we don´t used it), because it creaked the whole night.

AC, hot water, wifi worked very well! staff was helpful and polite - owners's son (?) hit on me constantly although i told him several times that i am not interested!!! - not a good place to hang out with/meet other travellers - 15 min walk to center / rickshaw drivers have trouble finding it.

So so, nothing to shout about- my room was large and just about clean but this place is well out of the way and without enough redeeming features to make it worthwhile. There were constant power cuts and no generator. No Wifi and make sure you know what you're asking for if you want a rickshaw driver to take you back there.

Everything fine so far. Hostel is very small. Has not even a sign on the door. My tuk tuk driver had problems to find it. Seemed to be the only guest. Quite close to Taj Mahal. Some minutes away from the main street. You can still hear it, but it stops in the night. Staffs are h elpful. Price is unbeatable. Had some moskitos in my room, a little bit annoying.

Very kind and helpful staff, good proximity to the Taj and Red Fort, clean and secure environs, great value for the money.

Very helpful and friendly staff. The owner even gave us a lock for our backpacks for free.

I stayed at the guest house for two days, arrived early and checked out late - without any problem. Beautiful house, helpful staff, and the room was more that what was advertised. I booked a room with a shared bathroom and instead got a bath the size of a regular room in Moldova, just for myself! The house is located in a quiet neighborhood, close to several schools, and yet very close to the main arteries of the city, minutes away from the Taj by taxi/rickshaw. HIghly recommended!

A friend and I stayed at Krishna for 2 days and had a great time! The staff was very friendly and helpful and it was a wonderful break from the hustle and bustle of India.

Krishna Hostel is very clean for Indian standards. The staff is friendly and have good intentions. However, they are incompetent. Do not use any of the services they say they provide. If you need train, bus, or a tour booked, you are best going to a travel agent. If you want a tea, it's going to take them 30 minutes to make on a hot plate. There are too many times when I could not even find a staff member. The hostel is in a very nice neighbourhood and only 30 min walk max to the Taj Mahal.

The staff member on the front desk was helpful .The room was ok but the air conditioner plug and socket were hanging of the wall and sparked when you turned it of or on.I gave up because of the obvious risk.shower was hot and worked but the bathroom was rather grimey..No problem about reservation and for a little extra I had a late check out.No fault of the hostel but if you like wild dogs serenading you at night then this is the place for you!

Agra is a busy tourist city. Two of my friends and I booked at the Krishna for a 2-night stay by searching this website for reviews; this one received the highest for its price. Positives: Great internet access, good restaurant around the corner, and a host that was always available for assistance. Good breakfast. Negatives: There was a mouse in the room, no hot water, and the AC was broken.

The staffs were very helpful. The bathroom was very dirty. The location is far away from main road is you will have to arrange transportation to get to any place. A bunch of dogs start gather in area close to the hostel & start barking early in the morning.

• 9th Mar 2013
  • Qatar

This hostel would have been passable if they had not lied through their teeth regarding facilities and location. The hostel is nowhere near Fatehabad road, as our autorickshaw driver kindly informed us. They boasted a shop and onsite restaurant of which they had neither. The AC unit in the room was home to a bird, trapped in the vent. When we pointed this out we were met with a halfhearted attempt to kill the poor thing, a shrug and the phrase "sometimes that happens".

• 5th Mar 2013