Kuldeep Friends Hostel Reviews

T-279,Ram Dwara Road , General Market,Main Bazar, New Delhi, India

DO NOT STAY HERE! We were expecting a little bit of dirt due to how cheap it is, but this hostel is awful! The location is terrifying, the owner is extremely rude and patronising. The sheets were filthy, and there are holes in the wall of the bedrooms. It took us an hour to check out, and there was 0 communication. Would not want my worst enemy to stay here. Also if you stay here dont expect to be able to shower because they dont work and are filthy. We were also given wrong transport info.

In India some cheap hotels such as this one call themselves hostels to attract foreigners. This hotel is in a pretty sketchy area with rooms that quickly take you put of the picture on the site. Taxi driver they suggest scammed big time, bathroom was sink leaked and sprayed onto toilet. Wifi didn't work and staff had comical service. If this is your first time in India DO NOT CONE HERE. Spend the extra bucks for a baseline decent place to stay.

I had a good time in that place. The people the facilities is very good and they help me a lot That's for all

• 17th Jun 2015

A basic place to stay the night - would definitely recommend to budget travellers. Around £13 for my own room for 4 nights with en suite (albeit without functioning sink). Though I had my own room, there was no safe etc so I had to carry my laptop and valuables around as the place was in a bit of a dodgy area. The alley is littered with guys loitering around which could be a bit intimidating for solo female travellers. In general reasonably clean though could use a duster! Staff quite helpful.

Cheap, clean, great location. Ohhh and amazing rooftop!!

The pictures on the internet are false. The staff is very unfriendly and they don,t help. The localization is very bad. I have traveled all around the world and its my second time in india. I have stayed in different kind of hostels with different prices and i dont look for luxury just a good atmosphere and this hostel is the worst hostel i have ever seen. The price is exvesive for the services they are offering. I wouldnt pay more than 100 rupies for this disgasting place.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Spain

The location is in the middle of the central market, which is not that clean, unfortunately. Vicky, the hostel manager is a very kind and honest man, and also very helping minded. He is the most valuable asset of this hostel.

Dificult to find but still great location. The manager is really nice but a bit distant, so with the staff. Booked a dorm but got a private for some reason. The room were really dirty and seemed like it hadn't been cleaned proper for a while. If you are in a transit this is a good value for the money but I wouldn't recommend staying here for a longer period. Unless you don't mind the dirt and loudness (thin walls).

The hostel is situated in a very ugly place, but it's close to everything, the staff is always there trying to help you.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Chile

Functional hostel on a quiet and good spot (once you find it from the small streets). Staff was lovely and helpful. As a cherry on the top they had two dogs hanging out in the reception!

Nice place and friendly staff. Robin is fun and give you good advices !

Very friendly owner... the sheets and pillows were dirty and old. It's located in a little street and it's hard to find at first. you reach everything pretty good from the hostel. No shower, just a basket.

• 2nd Apr 2015

In a nutshell: It's a cheap place. If you are looking for a comfortable hostel where you can safely go out at night, this might not be your first choice. For us it was fine, though.

• 31st Mar 2015

Nice, centrally located hostel. It's in a small back alley, 20m away from the main bazar, but this is not a problem at all. Staff was friendly to us. Pick up from the airport was good as well.

Very welcoming, providing chai and water when I first arrived after a very long train journey. The room was clean and the water hot so nothing to complain about !

• 27th Mar 2015

Hi, I stayed at the hostel before catching a flight to Europe and had no complains. The location is very good; near both the New Delhi Railway Station and the Airport(Metro). Being located amidst a busy marketplace favored by a ton of foreign tourists you will not get bored ! The rooms are secure and quite clean with clean bathrooms and as for facilities you simply can't do better at this price point....

• 18th Mar 2015
  • India

Specific place but very interesting one. If you don't really care about the place and want to feel India, this is good place for you.

amazing place to stay, good location and great value for money. at £1 you can't ask for much but here you get a room bed and private bathroom the staff couldn't be more helpful and accommodating. we had actually booked 4 nights here and only stayed 2 and the staff had no issue with us leaving and still only charged for the nights we had stayed. they help in anyway possible! The location is good and it puts u in the heart of real delhi - once you get used to the craziness its brilliant. very good

The place is so good, and in a good region too, is near de famous market and from the train station, we can do everything by walking here, have some restaurants near too. The staffs is so helpfull, Robin amazing

• 5th Mar 2015

When I first arrived in Main Bazaar, Pahar Ganj, Delhi, it's been quite easy to find this hotel. Many people help us to find the direction. When we first arrived, the hotel staff guide me to the other building, then they dropped us to the other hotel which was Yes Boss Hotel (about 100 meters from this hotel). Actually, it was okay for us when they sent us to the other hotel, it means responsible.