Kuldeep Friends Hostel

Fabulous 498 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 25-30
29th Mar 2017
7.4

I was "upgraded" to a private room, though I later heard the staff quoting my price as the price for a standard private room. All the same though. As I had one of the only two rooms on the roof, I had to go down 3 floors if I wanted to use a real shower, as opposed to bathing with a bucket. The common room aka foyer isn't really populated, only by the staff. The rest was standard India. My room was good value for a budget traveller. Would go back.

• Italy, Male, 18-24
26th Mar 2017

I arrived at night in delhi and a the man from the reception was waiting for me on the street and that was very nice. The people are very nice and there are backpackers from all over the world. I super raccomand this place.

25th Mar 2017

Was sceptical about this place when going there but it exceeded our expectation. The place is completely different from inside as compared to the tiny dodgy street it's located in but it's a pretty safe area actually and gives you a taste of real india in a way. Actually loved the main street, plenty going around there. The room itself was basic, they could work on cleanliness but the people were friendly and out stay was very pleasant.

22nd Mar 2017

good value for money, funky neighborhood, cheap twin room

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
21st Mar 2017
7.7

I recommend taking the airport transport. We're experienced int'l travelers and decided to take the metro into town and walk to the hostel. We were stopped at a police check point and told that the market was closed due to election riots. We got in a rickshaw with someone who told us they would bring us to the hostel but ultimately wound up at a tourism office in a random part of town in the middle of the night. We were scammed, but Vicky (hostel owner) was able to get ~75% of our $ back. Thx!

• India, Male, 25-30
16th Mar 2017
8.0

Locality of the hotel is good but surrounding are not clean. Staffs are really good, very helpful and coperative. If they can clean surroundings then they may get more business.

• England, Couple, 25-30
14th Mar 2017

It had everything needed, on first approach comes across dodgy, and it's actually new king hostel, so they have two different names on here for same hostel, which worried me arriving at 4am new to India

• England, Female, 31-40
13th Mar 2017

When I got to Delhi I met scammers. Lying about the area being closed so I couldn't get to the hostel. I couldn't check so ended up handing over a lot of money. The hostel messaged me to check if I was ok and why I didn't turn up. I then realised what had happened. The hostel advised me on what I need to do to get my money back. They helped me with a lot. This is a hostel that takes care of people. One tip! When they offer airport pickup, take it! It will save you a lot of time and money 😀

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
12th Mar 2017
6.9

They don't seem to clean the rooms at all. I originally got the "deluxe" double room with the shower over the toilet which was filthy. After complaining they gave me a triple room which was a bit cleaner. Some of the staff are fantastic. They are missing the opportunity to put on social events etc - there are lots of cool people staying there but it's hard to meet them due to the layout. Could be quite tricky to find the place if you don't use their taxi service.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

I loved it here. I think they did not put me in Kuldeep directly but in another hostel around the corner. I got a single room with bathroom and the price was great for that. I felt very safe and the greatest thing was the cute dog they have downstairs. :) Staff was giving us chai all the time downstairs and were generally so helpful and nice. There is an area to hang out with other travellers downstairs. Liked the location too, busy main bazaar around with many food places & shopping around.