KulturBerlin Sucre Reviews

Avaroa 326, Sucre, Bolivia

Great hostel, large but you don't feel it. Atmosphere is amazing and the breakfast is the best you can imagine: buffet with a lot of fruits, bread, scones, pancake, fresh fruits etc. Just awesome. Only wifi is pretty bad.

Nice hostel with a good mix of social and chill. Rooms surround the courtyard so it can be noisy at nights. Bar is good with good themed nights. Breakfast is excellent. Wi fi is terrible.

VERY loud at night, excessive. Wifi isnt as bad as other reviews say. Rooms beautiful, very clean, great hot water, beautiful gardens/patios/building.

• 13th Jun 2015

Nice hostel if you want to party. Very big rooms with good facilities. However, way to many non spanish speaking tourists, and the fact that there is no kitchen to cook our food is very bad.

In depends often we have also a lot of native Spanish speaking guests (argentinos, chilenos, etc...), however all our employees are Bolivians and you can practice with them your Spanish. Yes we clearly tell everybody we do not have a kitchen, but our food prices are quite cheap e.g. our Bolivian speciality costs only 9 Bol.

Best hostel in Bolivia, by far. The good: - Owner Klaus genuinely cares about the guests and does everything he can to improve the hostel. - The rooms in the main area are the biggest I've ever been in. - The beds are very comfortable and the showers are hot. - All staff members are friendly and speak English The bad: - wifi can be very slow. But you can buy a cheap wifi stick or go to a cheap internet cafe

• 25th May 2015
  • Belgium

I´s a bit of a party hostel, as people are drinking in the patio every night. But its rather quiet at around 12-1, so no problem actually. Also, if you join in, you might meet some cool people. Apart from that, an all around perfect hostel: Super clean, comfortable beds; very helpful staff; very well located... Highly recommendable!

This hostel is great. The rooms and beds are huge, the showers always hot and the cleaners come round everyday to clean the bathrooms and make your bed! And yes, like the other comments, it has a great social scene. I'm a solo female traveller and instantly found friends. Friday night is particularly good with the free Bolivian dance show. And there's happy hour.. And it's the perfect distance from the main square where everything is. Just don't depend on the wifi.. You are in Bolivia after all!

This is definitely a party hostel despite the description. Good food, great location and a great nightlife as well, beware it is fairly noisy!

Issue with random people having access to your room, added to that the drugs and you now find randoms taking drugs in your room. Be prepared with ear plugs as the noise can be heard just about everywhere until early hours of the morning. The staff and food however are great. The place is keep very clean.

We got there and we didn't stay because they double booked the room

I am extremely sorry if it was like you described that you had a reserved bed and we couldn't provide it to you. However it is extremely strange because we really respect hostelworld reservations and I couldn't reconstruct your case. I would have shared my apartment with you. Anyway sorry and thank you for letting us know.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in, with the best breakfast I had in Bolivia! Really helpful reception staff and the courtyard makes for an easy place to meet people.

Too noisy for oder travellers and the wifi is works only occasionaly, but the breakfast was really excellent.

Great hostel and worth it just for the amazing breakfast - one of the best I've had so far in South America. The 9 bed dorm was a decent size with plenty of space for luggage. Great atmosphere and very social. Would definitely stay here again.

This hostel was ok if you want to party. A little too big for my liking and when checking in, they didn't have new sheets on my bed. They stunk from the person before. Check your sheets.

I am extremely sorry. However we obviously always change the sheets. Be 100% sure about this! It never ever happened I am sure you confused somehow the bed. Anyway you should have told the reception and we would have changed immediately or would have indicated you the rigt bed.

Really nice hostel, great atmosphere and the rooms and staff were lovely

Nice hostel, in a good location, with a nice common area. Good to meet people. I booked the 5 beds room and the room was amazing! You could put 5 more beds inside it. Clean large bathroom too.

Cool place, huge place! Wild parties sometimes, quiet others. Good fun regardless & good brekkie

I stayed here on a weekend and both Fri & Sat they had blaring music until I have no clue what time. The hostel is turned into a huge night club literally. I didn't like that people can come and go through out the entire hostel without really knowing if they are staying there or not. You have no clue who is a guest of the bar or hostel. I did like that it is very very clean and it's in a great location. They could buy toilet paper holders for the tp though. The 5 bed dorm is amazing!!!

Thank you very much for your comment and we are very happy that you liked the dorm, location and cleaness. Yes, especially Friday and sometimes Saturday we have big parties and loud music until around 1 o`clock. A lot of outside people come to celebrate with us however non guests are really not allowed to enter the hostel area, only where the restaurant and bar is. In such events we have security personal and we watch carefully that nobody enters, only guests with the wristband can enter.

Beautiful building and we'll arrange hostel.

Great hostel. Really great atmosphere. Great courtyard for socialising, with organised social events including good food. Large, comfortable, en-suite rooms. I really enjoyed my stay here!