KulturBerlin Sucre Reviews

Avaroa 326, Sucre, Bolivia

Perfectly located, really good hot shower when it works (sometimes in the morning it didnt), amazing breakfast! I would recomend to a friend :)

• 11th Aug 2015

Wifi is very poor and no hot water for showers

• 5th Aug 2015

Please do not forget Bolivia is a socialistic 3rd world country we try to provide the best wifi for our guests which is possible here. Usually the internet is ok but it always depends on the number of guests and what they are doing. Sorry I am also annoyed about this. We have a new water installation therefore we usually have hot water all the time. If there is any problem with hot water please tell us and we fix it immediately.

Nice place, very clean, hot showers, comfy beds and good breakfast. Only problem was that there isn't much to do there, there bar is expensive and they don't provide anything other than rooms for the hostel goers. But overall I would recommend it (needs a kitchen)

Thank you very much for your comment about breakfast, cleaness etc. There is infact a lot to do in our hostel. We have walking tours, different theme nights, football, spanish lessons, disco, salsa lessons, parties, tour offers, board games.... So I am extremely surprised about this part of your comment. Because of street blockades there weren`t a lot of guests, come back in normal times. I guarantee, you will have fun and there is realy no other place with so much action in Sucre.

Incredible party hostel, they offer a great city tour for just 10 bols, good entertainment with dance presentation, the bar is very good, the common area is very good for a party, we can make it a great dance floor. Good places around for eating, drinking, walking, and dancing. The staff was very helpfull with me when I got sick, offered me tea and fruit.

Wonderful breakfast! Conforta me beds and very hot shower. Every night is a party night and the dinner buffet is very delicious. Definitely the best place to stay in Sucre.

We were very pleased with the hostel. The rooms are spacious and clean, with hot showers. Whilst it was cold at night, we were given extra blankets which meant we were cosy and warm. The hostel itself has a lively atmosphere, which is in part due to having its own bar. Although the buffet breakfast has an excellent range of choice, on our second day, the staff did not replenish the food as often and there wasn't enough to go around.

• 4th Jul 2015

Great hostel, large but you don't feel it. Atmosphere is amazing and the breakfast is the best you can imagine: buffet with a lot of fruits, bread, scones, pancake, fresh fruits etc. Just awesome. Only wifi is pretty bad.

Nice hostel with a good mix of social and chill. Rooms surround the courtyard so it can be noisy at nights. Bar is good with good themed nights. Breakfast is excellent. Wi fi is terrible.

VERY loud at night, excessive. Wifi isnt as bad as other reviews say. Rooms beautiful, very clean, great hot water, beautiful gardens/patios/building.

Nice hostel if you want to party. Very big rooms with good facilities. However, way to many non spanish speaking tourists, and the fact that there is no kitchen to cook our food is very bad.

In depends often we have also a lot of native Spanish speaking guests (argentinos, chilenos, etc...), however all our employees are Bolivians and you can practice with them your Spanish. Yes we clearly tell everybody we do not have a kitchen, but our food prices are quite cheap e.g. our Bolivian speciality costs only 9 Bol.

A great place to stay. I loved Thursday's Bolivian dancing! The breakfast was fantastic with lots of choices.

Best hostel in Bolivia, by far. The good: - Owner Klaus genuinely cares about the guests and does everything he can to improve the hostel. - The rooms in the main area are the biggest I've ever been in. - The beds are very comfortable and the showers are hot. - All staff members are friendly and speak English The bad: - wifi can be very slow. But you can buy a cheap wifi stick or go to a cheap internet cafe

• 25th May 2015
  • Belgium

I´s a bit of a party hostel, as people are drinking in the patio every night. But its rather quiet at around 12-1, so no problem actually. Also, if you join in, you might meet some cool people. Apart from that, an all around perfect hostel: Super clean, comfortable beds; very helpful staff; very well located... Highly recommendable!

This hostel is great. The rooms and beds are huge, the showers always hot and the cleaners come round everyday to clean the bathrooms and make your bed! And yes, like the other comments, it has a great social scene. I'm a solo female traveller and instantly found friends. Friday night is particularly good with the free Bolivian dance show. And there's happy hour.. And it's the perfect distance from the main square where everything is. Just don't depend on the wifi.. You are in Bolivia after all!

This is definitely a party hostel despite the description. Good food, great location and a great nightlife as well, beware it is fairly noisy!

Issue with random people having access to your room, added to that the drugs and you now find randoms taking drugs in your room. Be prepared with ear plugs as the noise can be heard just about everywhere until early hours of the morning. The staff and food however are great. The place is keep very clean.

I was in Sucre this past May and I happened to be there when the entire city had run out of water. We were informed of this upon check in however the staff assured us the water would be back in that evening or early the next morning. Unfortunately they were wrong and the water didn't come back on for the 3 days we stayed here. This made for an unpleasant stay but the hostel tried dealing with it the best they could. Seems like s nice hostel otherwise!

Sorry about the water problem in Sucre. The whole city was without water for 5.5 days. It was the first and hopefully the last time that this happened. It was really horrible and exceptional we tried the best to make the situation as agradable as possible for our guests. We will never forget these days.

Really liked this place. Very cool vibe. Nice location near the centre. Big breakfast, but lacking in substantial foods a little. Rooms big and beds comfy.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in, with the best breakfast I had in Bolivia! Really helpful reception staff and the courtyard makes for an easy place to meet people.

Too noisy for oder travellers and the wifi is works only occasionaly, but the breakfast was really excellent.