Kumoji-So Hostel Reviews

3-23-10-6F Kumoji, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan

The Hostel is pretty old and the atmosphere is cold. Just saw staff when I check in. My room had no real door and was more like a loft, what makes it very noisy. I was there during off-season, so I had a room for my own. All in all I would say it is a bid overprized for what you get.

I paid for 2 night but only stayed 1! The hostel is very poor in all aspects...there is no staff, it was cold, no atmosphere and one latrine instead of a toilette with a sign to use the bar toilette on second floor if normal toilette was required! I am sorry been to far too many hostels around the world to call this a hostel...also the room had the cheapest furniture and was not clean at all! The bed was so unconfortable and pillow almost non existant...is a big NO for me!

The female toilet is too small, cannot sit properly ,the knees touch the door when using it. And it is outside the hostel,felt insecure especially at night. It was very noisy at night,the room is very close to each other,you can hear someone talking ,walking and opening the door,cannot sleep well throughout the night. At last day,my friend found that 40000Yen disappeared in the hostel,when we ask the staff for help,their attitude was too rude.Finally we just go to police station reported it.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

I stayed at the Kumoji So Hostel for it's location, close to Kokusai Dori and the monorail (public transportation in Okinawa is difficult), and I had a really great stay. I found the staff to be highly available and helpful. They have posted hours, which they adhere to, and even let me check in early and leave my bags for a few hours after I checked out. Met really cool locals and foreigners. Some tenants were loud, but ended up buying me habu sake and beer from the bar downstairs, so all's well

• 7th Nov 2014