Kville Hotel Reviews

Kvilletorget 24, Gothenburg, Sweden

We would definitely use this hostel again.

• 30th Dec 2014

The owner is a very nice guy and he really tries to make you feel well. However, the place needs a serious clean-up and renovation. I had reserved a bed in a 4-bed dorm, but there was no key to the locker and the room was very dirty. Behind the bed there were old pills and other waste lying around. The piled up dust was not from yesterday. Since I was only going to stay for one night I laid in bed, but started to get an allergic reaction so I left instantly.

The owner of the hostel is a very nice person. So open and welcoming. We felt very good at his place

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Located too far out of the main city area to be convenient. Staff were so lovely when they were there, but it's worth knowing that reception is not manned throughout the day or night. Atmosphere lacked, although managed to meet some cool people. A few families etc staying in the bigger rooms, definitely not a backpacker vibe but ok. Bathrooms were clean and spacious, rooms also clean and spacious!

In comparison to other hostels where I had been, the Kville vandrarhem - which is linked to the Kville hotel - was a very good address to stay. The bunk beds are solid and clean, the same is to be said about the toilets, the floors and the sanitarian facilities. Free coffee and tea "dygnet runt", wifi and furthermore two desktop computers to use. There is also a nice couch to relax behind a corner at the end of the main floor. The hostel is good situated, directly across the Göta älv.

• 20th Sep 2014

The staff was really helpfull, being a girl travelling alone they take special care of my accommodation. The hotel is in a quiet location and really near the city center with the tram, with a market just in front of it. The breakfast was good, the rooms for 4 were not so big but well set up. It was a really nice place to stay.

Hotel is close to central station and the breakfast is excellent.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

I really enjoyed my stay at Kville Hotel! The staff were so accommodating and friendly, it really felt like home. Not to mention the cosiness of the place and the lovely breakfast spread prepared every morning. The staff were very helpful in giving tips for places to eat at and to visit in the area and all this was really appreciated. Would definitely return if I were to visit Gothenburg again in future! And recommend others to stay here as well :)

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

I've stayed at many budget hostels and its rare to find one that doesn't leave anything to be desired. I can't think of a single thing that was missing. Lockers, breakfast and tea/coffee were included in the price, which was refreshing, and there were no hidden charges whatsoever, unlike other cheap hostels in Sweden. Everything was clean and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Also the hostel had a relaxed, homely feel which was nice. I would definitely visit again. Thanks guys!

Rooms have no openable windows, ventilation is made by a machine.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

The staff was very nice and helpful, especially cause I needed help, because my backpack got lost on the airport... Breakfast was allright! As long as you didn't open the cupboards the rooms were alright. What was making us feeling very uncomfortable was that there were some people living in the hostel, who were drunken all the time and being loud in the chilling area, which was directly in front of our room...

the reception is only opened from 9am-6pm! it was a little strange as it closed before I arrived. Luckily someone let me in and called the guy running the place for me, otherwise I would've had to call their number and I did not have a local phone! Otherwise, the location is average, facilities are clean, and beds are big and comfortable. There was also a TV in the dorm room. Not really a backpackers' place because of the poor atmosphere, you only really get to know people in your room.

Great kitchen/decent breakfast Poor wifi but access computers Staff was very friendly

It was a really dirty Room, the Shower was broken, it was cold an d after a cold shower i took, the whole bathroom was full of water,they could not manage to repair it. It was only possible to open the window completly or not, so we could not sleep with fresh air. One man of the staff just ran around thewhole time bare foot and came into our wet shower with his dirty bare foot and left adirty floor because of this. The sheet of my bed was nlt renewed and was really dirty. Breakfast was bad.

• 4th Aug 2014

Dear Guest! This is not true at all. We will contact the bookingsite that you made the booking through,and ask why was it let in the air??Amazed staff???

Very friendly and helpful staff in this budget hotel/hostel. The place is a bit on the old side and could use some infrastructure improvements. It's also a bit further from the city centre. With diverse tram connections it takes about 10 minutes to get into the centre. So in general good, just not as a social party hostel.