Kyoto Guesthouse Roujiya Reviews

22-58, Ikenouchi-cho, Nishinokyo, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

One of the best hostels I've been in Japan, if you can live with the closing from 11 to 4 and lights out at 11.

I stayed five nights in the mixed dorm. I would highly recommend this guesthouse. The facilities are super clean and new, the location is excellent (5 min from Nijo station) and the staff is friendly and helpful. The guesthouse offers bike rentals, which are highly recommended - biking Kyoto is such an adventure. The electric bikes are fun as hell, but a bit expensive (1500JPY). They also have fancy Japanese toilets as well. I plan on staying at Roujiya again if I return to Kyoto.