• 22-58, Ikenouchi-cho, Nishinokyo, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

7.9
Very Good 142 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 142 Total Reviews
Kyoto Guesthouse Roujiya Located at 22-58, Ikenouchi-cho, Nishinokyo, Nakagyo-ku, , Kyoto.
Japan
Kyoto 604-8735 22-58, Ikenouchi-cho, Nishinokyo, Nakagyo-ku
79% 142
35.0092186 135.7453081
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Sep 2016
6.0

I cancelled the booking at Kyoto Roujiya 1 day before I arrive because I got sick. I would like to advise others on their cancellation policy! It's not under the Cancellation Policy Section- there's no 'Things to Note'. If you cancel 1-2 days before the booking, they charge you 70% of the room charges. Room Charges = Total Amount of the Days Booked. I got charged 70% of the 3 days that I was going to stay! It's not clear in the details and more expensive than any other hostels I've booked!

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2016
4.9

The hostel was not as nice or convenient as expected by the high ratings. The rooms were extremely extremely hot when we first arrived, and it took probably an hour for the AC to kick in. Nothing was secured during the day, and there is no one at the front desk in the middle of the day to either keep an eye on the rooms, or respond to any questions (in our case, to give back the key deposit of $1000 yen that was required to get a locker). The two shared showers were adequate but had mosquitos.

5th Jul 2016

great hosts/friendly atmosphere, superb facilities (shower/wifi/beds/etc), good location near public transit and handdrawn map of stuff nearby. be sure to try A D A C H I, a traditional japanese restaurant...there was even a small party put on by the hosts that I couldn't fully enjoy the night before I left

• mathieulamarche4216
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
28th Jun 2016
7.1

Cozy but hard to meet other people. No atmosphere. Don't look at the ceiling in the shower (mold).

19th Jun 2016

Wonderful place to stay! Very clean, quiet, professional, and enjoyed meeting the staff there!

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
14th Jun 2016
4.6

Unfortunately, I was pretty shocked that this place had previously been given positive reviews. Not particularly friendly or helpful staff, and security was lacking. No lock for the building, none for our room. We hired a four person room entirely, which was bombarded with other people's luggage. Other people were free to enter our room, and the four lockers in our room were rented to other people. We intentionally hired out our own room for security and privacy, so were very disappointed.

7th Jun 2016

This is a great hostel to stay at but I have 2 complaints. 1) They don't have a dryer and it rains like other day in Kyoto in the summer. There's not even much shelter from the rain if you wanted to leave it to dry, and the nearby coin laundry is a total ripoff with little English instruction so I had to pay $12 for a small load of laundry and my clothes didn't even dry! 2) No sink or sanitizer for 2nd floor BR, so you have to bring your own hand sanitizer. Don't why they can't buy.