Kyoto Guesthouse Roujiya Reviews

22-58, Ikenouchi-cho, Nishinokyo, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I stayed five nights in the mixed dorm. I would highly recommend this guesthouse. The facilities are super clean and new, the location is excellent (5 min from Nijo station) and the staff is friendly and helpful. The guesthouse offers bike rentals, which are highly recommended - biking Kyoto is such an adventure. The electric bikes are fun as hell, but a bit expensive (1500JPY). They also have fancy Japanese toilets as well. I plan on staying at Roujiya again if I return to Kyoto.

I can only recommend this place from the bottom of my heart. Very nice, clean, very helpful staff (thanks for the recommendation of that outdoor-onsen in Shirahama. I loved it!) Go there!

• 14th May 2014
  • Austria

It was very very nice!! :)

Great laid-back hostel in in a stylish modern house in a quiet area of Kyoto. The lovely owners are expert travelers who can help you with anything you need, including giving Japanese cooking lessons. One of the best hostels I visited in my time in Japan.