Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

kyoya ryokan LOCATION it's about three bus stops away from the nagoya station, where the hustle and bustle is. i was feeling stingy and didn't want to take a cab. so through the help of local japanese who couldn't speak english, i found my way to the bus stop that takes me there. i got on the bus stop on the left side of takashimaya, where there is an ongoing construction. i got off at the correct bus stop, and then google led me to the correct place. first corner turn left and just a few ste

This was one part dorm one part 3 star resort. With a full kitchen available. Highly wonderful.

it will take around 15mins by walk to get here from Nagoya station, the most great part is they hav free bicycle u can lent. Nagoya castle is near hostel, also u can ride the bicycle around the city~ room is very clean n comfortable, this is my best experience~

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Kyoya Ryokan is the best hostel I have stayed. The room was beautiful and clean. It had shower and toilet inside. The hostel provides yukatas, toothbrushes etc for free. The owner was very kind and helpful. If I go back to Nagoya I definitely would stay there again.

Wonderful place! I was actually a bit surprised to see it actually was a ryokan in that it had a nice atmospheric bath and full yukata set for guests (I thought it would have been a normal public bathroom with a big bathtub). The manager was very nice and the hostel offered English translations of menus of some local joints - pretty handy! Too bad we didn't stay longer!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful! Free bikes worked great and so did the city recomendation papers. The bath was wonderful. Everything was very clean and well kept. The other guests were very nice as well. I would definitely recommend to friends and those looking for a nice place to stay in Nagoya.

• 29th May 2015

Wonderful place!! If you're a backpacker and need some time out from the hostel scene, I strongly encourage you to stay here and enjoy the garden and tranquility of the whole property. One night here and I was completely recharged! It's also conveniently 15 mins walk from the nagoya station.

Stayed 3 nights on 2 occasions. Very good for the price, safe, clean, cosy, very helpful and hospitable, great Japanese dinner and breakfast, helpful with all logistic things. Lovely garden and really nice bath which I had all to myself. Very much recommend.

Great staff, beatiful rooms and lot of extra services like free bike for the guest! Great location, 10 min of walk from the station, restaurants and supermarket nearby. Dormitory with big lockers in the room, kitchen, and everything you need. Really good price!

Very lovely Ryokan in the middle of Nagoya. In walking distance to Nagoya castle. It is clean and the garden is so pretty. I even tried out the public bath, it was really nice. Actually it was even better than I expected. It is a wonderful place to rest during a long stay in Japan.

Love this Ryokan with a nice garden and a bath. So relaxing. Thanks host for lending me the bike, so that I can take it to see the castle. Will definately stay here again next time if i go nagoya.

Lovely place! Beautiful and affordable Ryokan located well in Nagoya. Great public bath facilites. Also provided with a very nice bed outfit. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Owner also gave me a small gift when leaving, was very nice of him!

I was very happy with my stay here. I felt like I was very valued despite only staying in a dormitory room. This is a top-class ryokan and if in the Nagoya area, I highly recommend it.

You will not regret it. It is amazing.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

The ryokan was absolutely wonderful and not far from the castle which had cherry blossoms in full bloom, the bunk bed was really comfortable too and the public bath was very comfortable, loved it!

We loved everything about this hostel. It's an easy 15-minute walk to Nagoya station and Nagoya castle, plus they have bikes that you can use for free to take you to other attractions like the Nagoya tower. Restaurants are also within walking distance. But what we loved most was staff service and its onsen! Absolutely the best! Recommended to everyone staying in Nagoya.

Not many people stay here every night - and it's all the better for it. Quiet, relaxing - with an amazing onsen. The breakfast was an gourmet experience. Hiro was so friendly and helpful too. The free bikes outside - a bonus!

Friendly staff, extremely clean (which is common in Japan...), great location, free bikes. Great ryokan.

I stayed in a futon dorm which was comfy. The room doesn't lock but they supply you with a large locker. The shower area and is spacious and clean and the bath large enough for a few people. I think you can reserve the bath if you want but I found no need to. The garden is lovely and provides a set up camera for photos. They even had a few parasols for props. Breakfast was nice, and large. Selection of many different things. It was my first Japanese breaky so some of it was new but fun to try.

• 24th Mar 2015

This is one of my best stays in Japan. I highly recommend any foreign traveler to come to this hostel. They will give you the traditional ryokan experiences for very little price. The garden and also onsen style bath in the back of the courtyard gives it a great atmosphere. 10/10!