Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

Thank-you so much for a wonderful stay it was our first time at a ryokan and our first time using a bath house and we absolutely loved it and wished we could have stayed longer. Also the yakitori place you recommended was fantastic, we loved the food and the friendly service there much that we went back on the second night of our stay.

• 14th Apr 2014

Very Comfortable, friendly, safe and clean - truly amazing the service provided even though it was at a low cost. I needed to leave my bags there earlier than the check in time with no notice and the staff were amazing to let me leave it there. Also they had kindly organised a taxi for me in the morning to the train station to get to the airport on time. Would strongly recommend the place and will definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Nagoya.

Absolutely lovely - I had a terrible time making myself leave at the end of my stay!

• 4th Apr 2014

I loved this ryokan! Such an amazing atmosphere I felt like I was in real Japan and so relaxing listening to the birds singing in the mornings. Breakfast was absolutely delicious I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Nagoya.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Very nice hostel, nice owner and great facilities.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Brilliant! Loved my stay here, especially the garden and the bath house. If anyone plans to go to Nagoya I would definitely recommend they stay here.

After a big disappointment this is and was the best stay of my 3 month trip .

The beautiful fotographs dont lie. When we came to the "hostel", we found out it was a real Japanese Ryokan (traditional hotel) in the middle of Nagoya city. An oasis, and a cheap one at that. The dorm room for 6 was roomy and very clean as the rest of the buildings and facilities and the futon the fluffiest I ever slept in! The host speaks English but was greatful for our Japanese. They provide you with tips and you can walk to Nagoya castle in only 15 min.

It is reeeeeaaly nice place to stay Don't hesitate to book I'm gonna stay there again if i go to nagoya

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • South Korea

location was not good enough for me. a map I got from staff was wrong : one of the izakaya-bar was already replaced to another one. inside of the garden was awesome

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Japan

I loved every part of my stay - especially the 24 hour spa!

Japanese style with clean room and small public bathroom, staff is nice and can speak little English. It's quite far from station, but I have to say if you want to get it with low price, you must give up something.

Great hostel. Biggest negative is it is a bit far from transport. However, it is in walking distance to pretty much everything you want to do in Nagoya. Positives: clean, traditional (well seems traditional) style. Gorgeous Japanese garden. On site bath (awesome) and spacious sleeping area. Stay here. Say Hi to Hiro!

This is a "five star" hostel. Rooms were nice, clean and warm during cold winter days. Location good and quiet. Higly recommended.

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Finland

I think I was the only guest there that night and the owner gave me a private room for 2 - best experience ever. Connected to a small but clean and nice spa in the middle of the little garden.

Really great place would definitely stay again.

The atmosphere is GREAT! You will certainly enjoy the traditional Japanese facilities, especially the bathroom and the garden. Though it's a bit far away from the station but I think it's acceptable.

possible have a TV in a common room for relaxing!

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Hong Kong

Brand new room, everything clean, nice CEO. Feel like home, I love the tatami so much which a real Japanese style.

The ideal please if you wanted to stay in a traditional Japanese ryokan but on a hostel budget. Good sized shared rooms, traditional bedding, Japanese gowns provided and they have a communal bath and shower as well as a garden to chill out in. Location is average tho - about 10 minutes walk to nearest metro, 20 minute walk (or 1000 yen cab) to main station and not really near any solid restaurants (closest is 10-15 min walk). Recommended on the experience, but stay elsewhere to be closer to town