Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

Wonderful place!! If you're a backpacker and need some time out from the hostel scene, I strongly encourage you to stay here and enjoy the garden and tranquility of the whole property. One night here and I was completely recharged! It's also conveniently 15 mins walk from the nagoya station.

Stayed 3 nights on 2 occasions. Very good for the price, safe, clean, cosy, very helpful and hospitable, great Japanese dinner and breakfast, helpful with all logistic things. Lovely garden and really nice bath which I had all to myself. Very much recommend.

Great staff, beatiful rooms and lot of extra services like free bike for the guest! Great location, 10 min of walk from the station, restaurants and supermarket nearby. Dormitory with big lockers in the room, kitchen, and everything you need. Really good price!

Very lovely Ryokan in the middle of Nagoya. In walking distance to Nagoya castle. It is clean and the garden is so pretty. I even tried out the public bath, it was really nice. Actually it was even better than I expected. It is a wonderful place to rest during a long stay in Japan.

Love this Ryokan with a nice garden and a bath. So relaxing. Thanks host for lending me the bike, so that I can take it to see the castle. Will definately stay here again next time if i go nagoya.

Lovely place! Beautiful and affordable Ryokan located well in Nagoya. Great public bath facilites. Also provided with a very nice bed outfit. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Owner also gave me a small gift when leaving, was very nice of him!

I was very happy with my stay here. I felt like I was very valued despite only staying in a dormitory room. This is a top-class ryokan and if in the Nagoya area, I highly recommend it.

You will not regret it. It is amazing.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

The ryokan was absolutely wonderful and not far from the castle which had cherry blossoms in full bloom, the bunk bed was really comfortable too and the public bath was very comfortable, loved it!

We loved everything about this hostel. It's an easy 15-minute walk to Nagoya station and Nagoya castle, plus they have bikes that you can use for free to take you to other attractions like the Nagoya tower. Restaurants are also within walking distance. But what we loved most was staff service and its onsen! Absolutely the best! Recommended to everyone staying in Nagoya.

Not many people stay here every night - and it's all the better for it. Quiet, relaxing - with an amazing onsen. The breakfast was an gourmet experience. Hiro was so friendly and helpful too. The free bikes outside - a bonus!

Friendly staff, extremely clean (which is common in Japan...), great location, free bikes. Great ryokan.

I stayed in a futon dorm which was comfy. The room doesn't lock but they supply you with a large locker. The shower area and is spacious and clean and the bath large enough for a few people. I think you can reserve the bath if you want but I found no need to. The garden is lovely and provides a set up camera for photos. They even had a few parasols for props. Breakfast was nice, and large. Selection of many different things. It was my first Japanese breaky so some of it was new but fun to try.

• 24th Mar 2015

This is one of my best stays in Japan. I highly recommend any foreign traveler to come to this hostel. They will give you the traditional ryokan experiences for very little price. The garden and also onsen style bath in the back of the courtyard gives it a great atmosphere. 10/10!

Lovely traditional Japanese style. Only downside is if you stay in the dorm no access to private showers, shared public bath only! Very comfy beds and helpful staff. Good location.

If you want a quiet place to stay and experience the Japanese style of living, it is a perfect place.

Incredible ryokan in Nagoya. location is a little off the beaten path, but totally worth it

I loved my stay here! I wish I could have stayed longer! Beautiful garden, very friendly host, comfy beds, and a wonderful bath. I also tried the breakfast and I highly recommend it. Overall my stay here was one of my favorite stops on my month long trip!

I stayed here overnight for my time in Nagoya. I think I had a little more of a skewed experience as I was the only guest that night, making things as a solo female traveler a little scary. The beds on the tatami mats were very clean and so comfortable! The place is kept very clean as well! It was just a little eerie to be there alone with the music playing on repeat.

A very unique experience of traditional Japanese hotel (ryokan), only for a very affordable price! Japanese-style room (shared with others): spacious, beautiful. Yukata provided (free for use during stay), Japanese garden, Japanese style bathroom. Nice and helpful staff, limited command of English but enough for basic communication. Very good for lone traveller to experience Japanese culture at the price of only 3880 yen. Only shortcoming: far away from JR Station: 25-min walk (or by bus)