Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

We loved everything about this hostel. It's an easy 15-minute walk to Nagoya station and Nagoya castle, plus they have bikes that you can use for free to take you to other attractions like the Nagoya tower. Restaurants are also within walking distance. But what we loved most was staff service and its onsen! Absolutely the best! Recommended to everyone staying in Nagoya.

Not many people stay here every night - and it's all the better for it. Quiet, relaxing - with an amazing onsen. The breakfast was an gourmet experience. Hiro was so friendly and helpful too. The free bikes outside - a bonus!

Friendly staff, extremely clean (which is common in Japan...), great location, free bikes. Great ryokan.

I stayed in a futon dorm which was comfy. The room doesn't lock but they supply you with a large locker. The shower area and is spacious and clean and the bath large enough for a few people. I think you can reserve the bath if you want but I found no need to. The garden is lovely and provides a set up camera for photos. They even had a few parasols for props. Breakfast was nice, and large. Selection of many different things. It was my first Japanese breaky so some of it was new but fun to try.

• 24th Mar 2015

This is one of my best stays in Japan. I highly recommend any foreign traveler to come to this hostel. They will give you the traditional ryokan experiences for very little price. The garden and also onsen style bath in the back of the courtyard gives it a great atmosphere. 10/10!

Lovely traditional Japanese style. Only downside is if you stay in the dorm no access to private showers, shared public bath only! Very comfy beds and helpful staff. Good location.

If you want a quiet place to stay and experience the Japanese style of living, it is a perfect place.

Incredible ryokan in Nagoya. location is a little off the beaten path, but totally worth it

I loved my stay here! I wish I could have stayed longer! Beautiful garden, very friendly host, comfy beds, and a wonderful bath. I also tried the breakfast and I highly recommend it. Overall my stay here was one of my favorite stops on my month long trip!

1 2 Next » last »