Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

I loved my stay here! I wish I could have stayed longer! Beautiful garden, very friendly host, comfy beds, and a wonderful bath. I also tried the breakfast and I highly recommend it. Overall my stay here was one of my favorite stops on my month long trip!

I stayed here overnight for my time in Nagoya. I think I had a little more of a skewed experience as I was the only guest that night, making things as a solo female traveler a little scary. The beds on the tatami mats were very clean and so comfortable! The place is kept very clean as well! It was just a little eerie to be there alone with the music playing on repeat.

A very unique experience of traditional Japanese hotel (ryokan), only for a very affordable price! Japanese-style room (shared with others): spacious, beautiful. Yukata provided (free for use during stay), Japanese garden, Japanese style bathroom. Nice and helpful staff, limited command of English but enough for basic communication. Very good for lone traveller to experience Japanese culture at the price of only 3880 yen. Only shortcoming: far away from JR Station: 25-min walk (or by bus)

It's possible to walk to several attractions from here. The staff are really nice and polite when you have anything to ask, but otherwise they just leave you alone. The Japanese feel was really there and we thoroughly enjoyed the bath and the garden (where we took plenty of photos in the provided yukatas). The rooms are clean and the futons are impossibly soft. It's peaceful too: even though we visited around the New Year's period, the place was quiet and only had a few guests.

I stayed in the 6 bed dorm, which was partitioned into 4-2 the night I stayed. The room was big and clean, and the futon comfortable and warm to sleep in. 2 hangers and a low table were provided per bed. Lockers were available outside the room to store valuables, as the ryokan is not locked. The neighbourhood was quiet and felt safe at night though. The owner Hiro-san gave a good overview of the facilities in English. Free lockers were also available for multi-day use.

• 5th Jan 2015