Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

This place is a bargain! You only pay around USD34.00/night for a traditional Japanese ryokan that comes with a bath! The place is quite difficult to find, as there are no landmarks to help you. I am not sure if you can meet many foreign or Japanese friends there as well, because this place is marketed as a youth hostel here, but a Japanese ryokan in Japan, and the place is more like an inn than a hostel. So you will end up staying with many Japanese salaryman.

For ¥3300 this gorgeous haven in an otherwise busy Nagoya is a steal. The staff here were amazing and made every minute a timebubble from the busy world outside. I stayed here and used as a centre to get out to Kyoto, Nara, etc.

• 31st May 2014

I've been traveling to Malaysia, Korea, New Zealand and Japan.So far, Kyoya Ryokan is the best hostel i've ever stayed!!! So cozy and homy. Mr. Hiro was so nice, the staffs also. Besides so-fast-free-wifi, they even provide free towel (body and face towel) and yukata which the staff change them every day with the clean one!! free socks and razors which always available in the shower room. Oh! The shower room is soo nice and included free onsen!! I just love Kyoya Ryokan! Thank youu Hiroshi-San!!

• 20th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Very relaxing atmosphere, and the owner was very friendly.

Only complaint would be the distance from the main train station, had a bit of trouble finding the ryokan as I arrived at night. Once I was there though, everything was excellent, English speaking staff, clean facilities, good wifi and a generally nice atmosphere

• 3rd May 2014

It was a great place to stay. I loved it.

• 3rd May 2014

This was definitely the best hostel during our stay! Price of a hostel, but the comfort of a ryokan: Yukata, Tatami, Futon and an original Japanese bath which we used 5 times in 2 days.

I had a great experience during my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the place was really nice. Was a little bit of a walk to the station and the castle but not too bad. Would definitely stay there again!

• 28th Apr 2014

A bit tricky to find but once you get there it's heaven in a hotel! you think it's expensive compare to ones close to the station? it is more but what you'll get for a little bit more is sooooooooo great! Onsen, Japanese garden, Kimono, New towels every day, beer machine ... will definitely go back there if passing by Nagoya! ps: and super close to the castle, handy!

Thank-you so much for a wonderful stay it was our first time at a ryokan and our first time using a bath house and we absolutely loved it and wished we could have stayed longer. Also the yakitori place you recommended was fantastic, we loved the food and the friendly service there much that we went back on the second night of our stay.

• 14th Apr 2014

Very Comfortable, friendly, safe and clean - truly amazing the service provided even though it was at a low cost. I needed to leave my bags there earlier than the check in time with no notice and the staff were amazing to let me leave it there. Also they had kindly organised a taxi for me in the morning to the train station to get to the airport on time. Would strongly recommend the place and will definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Nagoya.

Absolutely lovely - I had a terrible time making myself leave at the end of my stay!

• 4th Apr 2014

I loved this ryokan! Such an amazing atmosphere I felt like I was in real Japan and so relaxing listening to the birds singing in the mornings. Breakfast was absolutely delicious I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Nagoya.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Very nice hostel, nice owner and great facilities.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Brilliant! Loved my stay here, especially the garden and the bath house. If anyone plans to go to Nagoya I would definitely recommend they stay here.

After a big disappointment this is and was the best stay of my 3 month trip .

The beautiful fotographs dont lie. When we came to the "hostel", we found out it was a real Japanese Ryokan (traditional hotel) in the middle of Nagoya city. An oasis, and a cheap one at that. The dorm room for 6 was roomy and very clean as the rest of the buildings and facilities and the futon the fluffiest I ever slept in! The host speaks English but was greatful for our Japanese. They provide you with tips and you can walk to Nagoya castle in only 15 min.

It is reeeeeaaly nice place to stay Don't hesitate to book I'm gonna stay there again if i go to nagoya

location was not good enough for me. a map I got from staff was wrong : one of the izakaya-bar was already replaced to another one. inside of the garden was awesome

• 23rd Mar 2014