Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

My stay at Kyoya was absolutely wonderful. It was one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in (especially for the affordable price!) Recommend using the bath as it is very relaxing. The owner was kind and helpful. We stayed in the dormitory room and each bunk had a curtain for privacy plus there was a fridge and sink which was convenient. Nagoya Castle and Nagoya Station were only a short walk (or even shorter bus) away!

A wonderful stay, the staff was really helpful and very very nice. They made me feel at home. Thank very much for making this stay a wonderful time. The by circle was a great help I probably wouldn't have been able to visit the Nagoya Aquarium, the Shirotori garden and the Asuta Temple in one day without it. Letting me borrow it even when I had checked out was a wonderful surprise and made for a delightful visit of Nagoya castle. Thank you very much

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Awesome!.....but I was the only person in a dorm room, which is good and bad.

The first impression I had entering in the room was: "wow". The most complete and "posh" dormitory room I've ever seen: kitchen, fridge, sofa, toothbrush, new towel and pyjamas everyday, enough space for 6 people, lockers and balcony. The hostel has also a Japanese bath inside and a nice garden and 3 bicycles you can use with no fees. The staff is kind and helpful, but they give more the idea of a hotel staff than a hostel one.

Wonderfully clean with good facilities! Highly recommended.

Loved this guest house! The dormitory was clean and spacious, with a personal kitchen, toilet, shower room and lockers! The bath was really nice too and they had a fantastic garden, which you walk through to go to the bathroom. Free tea's and water were available. The staff were very friendly!! They have FREE bike rentals, which made me really happy :) I also had a traditional japanese ryokan breakfast there, which was absolutely gorgeous! I would love to come again xD!!!!

Excellent place to stay. I was there 10 days and the staff were great, the other people in the hostel were great, and it really had a nice relaxing atmosphere.

Tutto assolutamente perfetto, disponibilità e prezzi compresi!

• 19th Jul 2015

Fantastic value Ryokan. I'd definitely recommend staying here to anyone!

best hosted I've done do far

A very relaxing and traditional experience. The nature-sound music playing, gorgeous traditional Japanese garden and public bath all contribute to a great atmosphere. Our bags were very secure with large lockers in our dorm to fit a hiker`s bag and free lockers to hold bags after check out. I would prefer Futons than bunk beds in the dorms to feel more traditional but they were comfortable. Book the optional breakfast set as it felt very traditional and delicious. Great staff, very pampering.

Only stayed here for one night, but really enjoyed it! It was really cool to be able to stay at a Ryokan for a reasonable price. The man who runs it (presumably) was lovely and although we were there a lot earlier than check-in, was very accommodating and welcoming! Only recommendation would be to provide the address of the Hotel/Hostel in Japanese, as the easiest way to get there is by taxi and my Japanese pronunciation is awful! Great hostel, 100%.

kyoya ryokan LOCATION it's about three bus stops away from the nagoya station, where the hustle and bustle is. i was feeling stingy and didn't want to take a cab. so through the help of local japanese who couldn't speak english, i found my way to the bus stop that takes me there. i got on the bus stop on the left side of takashimaya, where there is an ongoing construction. i got off at the correct bus stop, and then google led me to the correct place. first corner turn left and just a few ste

This was one part dorm one part 3 star resort. With a full kitchen available. Highly wonderful.

it will take around 15mins by walk to get here from Nagoya station, the most great part is they hav free bicycle u can lent. Nagoya castle is near hostel, also u can ride the bicycle around the city~ room is very clean n comfortable, this is my best experience~

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Kyoya Ryokan is the best hostel I have stayed. The room was beautiful and clean. It had shower and toilet inside. The hostel provides yukatas, toothbrushes etc for free. The owner was very kind and helpful. If I go back to Nagoya I definitely would stay there again.

Wonderful place! I was actually a bit surprised to see it actually was a ryokan in that it had a nice atmospheric bath and full yukata set for guests (I thought it would have been a normal public bathroom with a big bathtub). The manager was very nice and the hostel offered English translations of menus of some local joints - pretty handy! Too bad we didn't stay longer!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful! Free bikes worked great and so did the city recomendation papers. The bath was wonderful. Everything was very clean and well kept. The other guests were very nice as well. I would definitely recommend to friends and those looking for a nice place to stay in Nagoya.

• 29th May 2015

Wonderful place!! If you're a backpacker and need some time out from the hostel scene, I strongly encourage you to stay here and enjoy the garden and tranquility of the whole property. One night here and I was completely recharged! It's also conveniently 15 mins walk from the nagoya station.

Stayed 3 nights on 2 occasions. Very good for the price, safe, clean, cosy, very helpful and hospitable, great Japanese dinner and breakfast, helpful with all logistic things. Lovely garden and really nice bath which I had all to myself. Very much recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7