Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

This is a beautiful guest house in traditional style. I was surprised by how nice the place is. The garden is gorgeous and the hot spring bath is also quite nice. The ryokan provides a face and bath towel and a yukata. These are changed out every morning for fresh ones. There's nice shampoo and conditioner in the bath and clean socks too! The price is a little steep for a dorm, but the value is definitely worth it. I also appreciated the big lockers next to the room where I could store my stuff.

No TV! I wouldn't usually care but it was the world cup final, which I missed.... Other than that, amazing place, super friendly staff, lovely bath, nice Japanese style dormitories. Can definitely recommend it!

• 13th Jul 2014

2nd time there. I love this place even though the location is a bit hard to find.

• 4th Jul 2014

I had never seen this kind of hostel before. It was like a traditional hotel. Very nice to have hot bath all night. Everything looked really clean. I loved the garden so much. If I have a chance to visit Nagoya again, I would definitely stay in Kyoya Ryokan again!

Kyoya Ryokan was really nice. At a hostel price, it is a proper Ryokan. The Japanese bath was a treat. The hostel was a 15-20 minute walk from the train station, but was close to Nagoya Castle and the downtown nightlife area.

Beautiful garden, a kind and friendly owner, and a nice room. Overall a very peaceful and restful experience.

Amazing and wonderful! Great place to rest and relax!

• 8th Jun 2014

Staying in Kyoya Ryokan was definitely a nice experience. Mr Hiroshi was super friendly and helpful. The tatami bed was good and clean. The hot spring was nice. I have ordered a Japanese breakfast with an additional 1380 yen and the breakfast was traditional and nice to me. The bike was lent for free. Totally a very good experience!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Relaxing atmosphere. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful (always greeted us with a wide, sincere smile). Tatami mat rooms, futons on the ground, onsen, garden, and yukata were all a plus. It is well-situated in the city, about 15 minutes away from a JR station and close to Nagoya castle. Started off my trip with lots of travel/walking, so it was very nice to kick back and relax. Kyoya also keeps listings of local festivals, so we took advantage of that and attended the Atsuta festival.

This place is a bargain! You only pay around USD34.00/night for a traditional Japanese ryokan that comes with a bath! The place is quite difficult to find, as there are no landmarks to help you. I am not sure if you can meet many foreign or Japanese friends there as well, because this place is marketed as a youth hostel here, but a Japanese ryokan in Japan, and the place is more like an inn than a hostel. So you will end up staying with many Japanese salaryman.

For ¥3300 this gorgeous haven in an otherwise busy Nagoya is a steal. The staff here were amazing and made every minute a timebubble from the busy world outside. I stayed here and used as a centre to get out to Kyoto, Nara, etc.

• 31st May 2014

I've been traveling to Malaysia, Korea, New Zealand and Japan.So far, Kyoya Ryokan is the best hostel i've ever stayed!!! So cozy and homy. Mr. Hiro was so nice, the staffs also. Besides so-fast-free-wifi, they even provide free towel (body and face towel) and yukata which the staff change them every day with the clean one!! free socks and razors which always available in the shower room. Oh! The shower room is soo nice and included free onsen!! I just love Kyoya Ryokan! Thank youu Hiroshi-San!!

• 20th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Very relaxing atmosphere, and the owner was very friendly.

Only complaint would be the distance from the main train station, had a bit of trouble finding the ryokan as I arrived at night. Once I was there though, everything was excellent, English speaking staff, clean facilities, good wifi and a generally nice atmosphere

• 3rd May 2014

It was a great place to stay. I loved it.

• 3rd May 2014

This was definitely the best hostel during our stay! Price of a hostel, but the comfort of a ryokan: Yukata, Tatami, Futon and an original Japanese bath which we used 5 times in 2 days.

I had a great experience during my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the place was really nice. Was a little bit of a walk to the station and the castle but not too bad. Would definitely stay there again!

• 28th Apr 2014

A bit tricky to find but once you get there it's heaven in a hotel! you think it's expensive compare to ones close to the station? it is more but what you'll get for a little bit more is sooooooooo great! Onsen, Japanese garden, Kimono, New towels every day, beer machine ... will definitely go back there if passing by Nagoya! ps: and super close to the castle, handy!

Thank-you so much for a wonderful stay it was our first time at a ryokan and our first time using a bath house and we absolutely loved it and wished we could have stayed longer. Also the yakitori place you recommended was fantastic, we loved the food and the friendly service there much that we went back on the second night of our stay.

• 14th Apr 2014

Very Comfortable, friendly, safe and clean - truly amazing the service provided even though it was at a low cost. I needed to leave my bags there earlier than the check in time with no notice and the staff were amazing to let me leave it there. Also they had kindly organised a taxi for me in the morning to the train station to get to the airport on time. Would strongly recommend the place and will definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Nagoya.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7