Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

It was such a great accommodation with the cheep price. The atmosphere is amazing! But you can't imagine it from the outside. It is really classic traditional Japanese Ryokan inside, quite clean and new as well. I should've got back to the Ryokan earlier to spent time more there. The only things that I mention is ....it's so difficult to find that building. just be care full it's not on the main road.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Japan

1.5 km from Nagoya Stations. Japanese Inn for families. Good Japanese style bath. Small common space. Free bike.

I loved the onsen. I wish I could have used it more. The owners were quite friendly, and the rooms were great. I personally prefer tatami over bunkbeds, like many hostels prefer, so it was an excellent change from the rest of my trip. It was not as accessible as some places I stayed, but Nagoya is a much larger city in comparison to those, so it has more options for transportation. It is close to Nagoya Castle, so if you are sightseeing, stay here and start there.

The hostel provide great facility and help during the stay. Will sure come again. Love their onsen.

the position is a little bit far from the train station,and it's quite noisy when people having breakfast or dinner.The room is very nice though

It's so much cheap for what is offered. Real ryokan experience not far of Nagoya city center and station. The atmosphere was great, not very crowded and very friendly people. Onsen was great and yukata was included

This is the best hostel. The owners are really nice and helpful. The dormitory is clean (towels and yukata free to use). The bath (public) really nice. You can buy Japanese traditional supper (4 days in advance) or breakfast (the night before) for a good price. The breakfast is delicious. There are two bikes you can borrow. The wifi works well. Great hostel! If you go to Nagoya, you should go there.

This is a great hostel to experience staying at a Japanese location. You sleep on a futon and, furthermore, the hostel has its own onsen and great Japanese style garden.

Beautiful stay for one night. Slightly far from the station but it was fine for a night. Loved the bath facilities and the staff were lovely!

• 23rd Jul 2014

While it's a little bit further away from the nearest subway, this place is very very clean and the facilities (bathhouse, common room, wireless, etc.) are great. The staff also speaks pretty okay English and is very eager to help out with anything.

This is a beautiful guest house in traditional style. I was surprised by how nice the place is. The garden is gorgeous and the hot spring bath is also quite nice. The ryokan provides a face and bath towel and a yukata. These are changed out every morning for fresh ones. There's nice shampoo and conditioner in the bath and clean socks too! The price is a little steep for a dorm, but the value is definitely worth it. I also appreciated the big lockers next to the room where I could store my stuff.

No TV! I wouldn't usually care but it was the world cup final, which I missed.... Other than that, amazing place, super friendly staff, lovely bath, nice Japanese style dormitories. Can definitely recommend it!

• 13th Jul 2014

2nd time there. I love this place even though the location is a bit hard to find.

• 4th Jul 2014

I had never seen this kind of hostel before. It was like a traditional hotel. Very nice to have hot bath all night. Everything looked really clean. I loved the garden so much. If I have a chance to visit Nagoya again, I would definitely stay in Kyoya Ryokan again!

Kyoya Ryokan was really nice. At a hostel price, it is a proper Ryokan. The Japanese bath was a treat. The hostel was a 15-20 minute walk from the train station, but was close to Nagoya Castle and the downtown nightlife area.

Beautiful garden, a kind and friendly owner, and a nice room. Overall a very peaceful and restful experience.

Amazing and wonderful! Great place to rest and relax!

• 8th Jun 2014

Staying in Kyoya Ryokan was definitely a nice experience. Mr Hiroshi was super friendly and helpful. The tatami bed was good and clean. The hot spring was nice. I have ordered a Japanese breakfast with an additional 1380 yen and the breakfast was traditional and nice to me. The bike was lent for free. Totally a very good experience!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Relaxing atmosphere. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful (always greeted us with a wide, sincere smile). Tatami mat rooms, futons on the ground, onsen, garden, and yukata were all a plus. It is well-situated in the city, about 15 minutes away from a JR station and close to Nagoya castle. Started off my trip with lots of travel/walking, so it was very nice to kick back and relax. Kyoya also keeps listings of local festivals, so we took advantage of that and attended the Atsuta festival.

This place is a bargain! You only pay around USD34.00/night for a traditional Japanese ryokan that comes with a bath! The place is quite difficult to find, as there are no landmarks to help you. I am not sure if you can meet many foreign or Japanese friends there as well, because this place is marketed as a youth hostel here, but a Japanese ryokan in Japan, and the place is more like an inn than a hostel. So you will end up staying with many Japanese salaryman.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7