Kyoya Ryokan Reviews

2-11-4, Habashita, Nishi-ku, Nagoya, Japan

The public bath is just lovely! Cozy and relaxing! The hostel is well organized. It provides all necessities you needed like towel, toothbrush and so on.

Awesome ryokan experience for travellers on a budget. Only stayed one night stopping over in Nagoya but it was a very cool place to stay.

The actual room didnt have a lock so u had to put everything in a locker which was ok but annoying. I stayed here for the real japanese experience which is what i got, the onsen was amazing, i would stay here again just for that. the kitchen facilities were terrible, only a microwave and hot water. No real social area to relax in. staff friendly but didnt speck much english. Not really a travellers hostel more for families.

I'm glad that my first stop in Japan was Kyoya Ryokan. The place is clean and the people are ever polite and helpful. In-house onsen is really a treat, especially during cold weather. I stayed in a 4 pax mixed dorm and it was quite awkward as there is no partition for privacy and all my roommates were females. Overall, my 3-night stay was a really pleasant one and I would definitely return if I'm visiting Nagoya again!

Kyoya is the first Japanese style dorm room i even try , there are 6 futon on floor in an open area so u will see and sleep together with other people, but the place i like is because is quiet and osen provided with an beautiful Japanese garden in very good price , in Nagoya the dorm is not much and hotel price is bit expensive for solo traveler and this is a best place to rest and hang out with other people, i am glad i meet one HK girls together so both of us is really enjoy to stay there.

Everything is almost perfect. And the quality of my stay is very enjoyable as well. I especially appreciate the cleanliness and neatness of the hostel. The only reason that I put 'good' instead of 'excellent' on Security and Location part are because there is no lock to the hostel and at night everyone (including people could be entering the hostel and simply slide the door open. But it is a traditional ryokan and so I totally understand that. I would like to thank Hiro-san for the awesome stay.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

This was one of three hostels that I stayed in while visiting nagoya and it was the best. Traditional Japanese bed, the owner provided a towel, tooth brush, night gown. The shower area was super clean and the garden was spectacular.

• 19th Oct 2014

Very stylish spot in central Nagoya. Immaculately clean, well-run and very Japanese in its feel. Has a lovely garden which is a nice spot in which to relax; however I kept hitting my head painfully on the pergola (I am 6'4").

its more than a hostel.. amazing experience with jap culture and their traditional house!! clean room and nice location plus really good foods around!!!

Very good place to stay, recommend it! Beautiful garden they have

Very friendly staff with good English, simple yet well-kept interior, great onsen and beautiful Japanese garden to relax in. The dorm room is traditional, yet quite large, giving it a bit the atmosphere of a Japanese castle chamber - downside being that paper walls aren't really sound proof. The breakfast was great!

A nice affordable Ryokan. The small Onsen is so beautiful and the owner is extremly nice, although he doesn't speak that much english.

It's not as far from stations as i expected. Just take the metro to maru no uchi station . And many good food around the station too.

It was such a great accommodation with the cheep price. The atmosphere is amazing! But you can't imagine it from the outside. It is really classic traditional Japanese Ryokan inside, quite clean and new as well. I should've got back to the Ryokan earlier to spent time more there. The only things that I mention is ....it's so difficult to find that building. just be care full it's not on the main road.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Japan

1.5 km from Nagoya Stations. Japanese Inn for families. Good Japanese style bath. Small common space. Free bike.

I loved the onsen. I wish I could have used it more. The owners were quite friendly, and the rooms were great. I personally prefer tatami over bunkbeds, like many hostels prefer, so it was an excellent change from the rest of my trip. It was not as accessible as some places I stayed, but Nagoya is a much larger city in comparison to those, so it has more options for transportation. It is close to Nagoya Castle, so if you are sightseeing, stay here and start there.

The hostel provide great facility and help during the stay. Will sure come again. Love their onsen.

the position is a little bit far from the train station,and it's quite noisy when people having breakfast or dinner.The room is very nice though

It's so much cheap for what is offered. Real ryokan experience not far of Nagoya city center and station. The atmosphere was great, not very crowded and very friendly people. Onsen was great and yukata was included

This is the best hostel. The owners are really nice and helpful. The dormitory is clean (towels and yukata free to use). The bath (public) really nice. You can buy Japanese traditional supper (4 days in advance) or breakfast (the night before) for a good price. The breakfast is delicious. There are two bikes you can borrow. The wifi works well. Great hostel! If you go to Nagoya, you should go there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7