L'Auberge Espagnole Reviews

156, avenue de Frais Vallon, Marseille, France

This 'hostel' is not a business. It is someone's appartment. There isn't a sign, and they don't have any business info. When my fiancé and I arrived, they informed us that we were going to be sleeping on their couch, (they had over booked because they are also listed on air b&b and couchsurfer.com) which was ok, we aren't too picky, but it HAD taken us a very long time to find the place because it is nowhere near city center.

I don't think this is a place of accommodation business. Bad location more than 20 minutes metro away from city center. Literally ZERO indication for visitors to find this "secret flat", among some local community buildings. Took more than 2 hours asking people for its exact location. All locks in the flat not working, including bathroom and toilet. Beds look clean but I got flea/bug bites after sleeping 2 nights here. Most unenjoyable experience in my long travel.

There is no hostel there. No sign, no legal paper. When we arrived, the owner of the flat told us " there is no room for us" we insisted that we had a confirmation and we paid the deposit. However he was very rude and we had to be back off. It was very a dissappointing experience. I travel around the world with usibg hostelworld.com and I had'nt had a awful experence before. You have to be carefull.