L'Auberge Espagnole Reviews

156, avenue de Frais Vallon, Marseille, France

The"Hostel" is not easy to find abd you have to walk 15-20 min from the train station. When we made it we were irritated because the "hostel" was in Sebastiens private flat. Had to pay 3€ p.P. more becaue we arrived at night. There was just a room with 4 other guys where we slept. The flat was dirty, the "breakfast" really bad and I had to pay 250€ Security guarentee with my credit card which I didnt know. He told me that I receive the money back. Definetely I do not recommand to stay there!

• 29th Jul 2014

Didn't end up staying here because we realised how far out of Marseilles it was. Sebastian was kind enough not to charge us though even though we missed the cancellation deadline. Thanks.

Oh wow, too many negative things about this hostel. 1)Location. Absolutely terrible. You will NEVER find it on your own. 2)Property. Basically he is just renting out part of his tiny home. This is NOT a hostel. Everything has a fee to it. 3)Security. No lockers. A fellow roommate can easily take your valuables. 4)Staff. Friendly but does not speak English, very inconvenient. 5)Breakfast. Included... but its some old bread, jam, leftover cereals... 6)Value. NOT worth it.

Sébastien is a really friendly person and I was charmed by the space. However there was no mention that he had a cat and I'm not a cat person. Also the directions to the hostel are not very clear. Once he changes them, the money is worth the stay. I also had to clean the shower on my first day. We had dinner and breakfast together which gave it a more familial feeling. Great views from the windows and good info about the town, even though you are not in the centre. I enjoyed my stay there.