L'Auberge Espagnole Reviews

156, avenue de Frais Vallon, Marseille, France

The"Hostel" is not easy to find abd you have to walk 15-20 min from the train station. When we made it we were irritated because the "hostel" was in Sebastiens private flat. Had to pay 3€ p.P. more becaue we arrived at night. There was just a room with 4 other guys where we slept. The flat was dirty, the "breakfast" really bad and I had to pay 250€ Security guarentee with my credit card which I didnt know. He told me that I receive the money back. Definetely I do not recommand to stay there!

• 29th Jul 2014

Didn't end up staying here because we realised how far out of Marseilles it was. Sebastian was kind enough not to charge us though even though we missed the cancellation deadline. Thanks.

Oh wow, too many negative things about this hostel. 1)Location. Absolutely terrible. You will NEVER find it on your own. 2)Property. Basically he is just renting out part of his tiny home. This is NOT a hostel. Everything has a fee to it. 3)Security. No lockers. A fellow roommate can easily take your valuables. 4)Staff. Friendly but does not speak English, very inconvenient. 5)Breakfast. Included... but its some old bread, jam, leftover cereals... 6)Value. NOT worth it.