L'Auberge Espagnole Reviews

156, avenue de Frais Vallon, Marseille, France

We tried to find the hostel but apparently it's in a flat and there's no signage, you have to call Sebastian. We called when we got there at our check-in time and he said he'd be there in two hours. Three hours and four unanswered calls later we decided to go elsewhere. No idea what amenities there are, but would not recommend. Hasn't answered our email about canceling either, but we've yet to be charged so at least that's a positive. He does speak English.

• 31st Mar 2015

Hostel isn't located "Close to Marseille city centre" as the description says, it's quite far from the center. It is very difficult to find and location is tricky. After 1 hour of searching and calling the reception twice I simply gave up. Stuff is not polite, lady that I talked with barely speaks English and wasn't able to give me directions how to get there, so finally I was without a place to stay in the evening in the not very safe neighborhood. Don't recommend that place.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Poland

This hostel is incredibly hard to find. I went to the right location and still wandered around for an hour trying to find the right place. You don't get a key to the building, instead there is a complicated mail box system. The "hostel" is just 4 beds in their spare bedroom. The included breakfast was just some cereal. The "hostel" is located way out of downtown, and the subway station is a little sketchy. I'm an experienced traveler who has been to many Hostels.

• 27th Mar 2015

The staff are really helpful. The location is in the centre of Barcelona and you can walk everywhere within 15-20 minutes. Cleanliness is okay. All rooms have safe box. The apartment didn't have elevator but they will have in a few months. So that you will be able to carry your luggage with elevator.