L' Imbarcadero Reviews

Santa Croce, 1268, Calle Zen, Venice, Italy

Toilets need to be refurbished. Beds were clean. Location was central. Breakfast was good.

The location is excellent. A few minutes walk from train station and there is a ferry station next to the hostel. One thing to improve is the the WiFi is quite slow. Anyway, i have good time in this hostel.

Overall far too expensive for what it is. I live in an archipelago so I know what it's like to have most things imported from the mainland. I know Venice is expensive but still... On the plus side: the location is ideal for the train station and Cannaregio. The breakfast is good and we get a lot on our plate. No curfew. On the Minus side: no individual bed lamps, shower and sink regularly blocked, just two sockets and not close to the beds... Overall not bad, but very expensive.

This place was great in every way with the exception that after we left I realized my son had bites all over him that were distinctly different from mosquito bites. We don't think it was bed bug because we didn't find any when we had to do the overhaul cleaning & the bites healed quicker then bed bug are said to. We made an assumption it was fleas but treated for both & did not have any additional concerns.

Hello, Thank you for your nice comment. I can assure you that they were mosquitoes. They can get very bad in Venice. And I don't know if you remember but it was anomaly hot the days you were in Venice and I remember that mosquitoes were terrible those days. Anyway trust me if they were bed bugs your son would have been awake by night crying... Kindest Regards, L'Imbarcadero.

I felt very welcome and safe! Stephanie knew who I was right when I walked in and it was very easy to get settled. The location is also perfect for travelers since it is right by the train station!

This is a lovely little hostel. There are few frills, but it's right on the Grand Canal and within a 10 minute walk from the train station. The staff were excellent--very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I make it back to Venice in the future.

A small amount of investment especially in thebathrooms would be welcome. The girl with long blonde hair was the best staff member. Friendly and welcoming.

Great location and friendly staff.

Good location, close to the train and really not that far from the main areas. I would say it's a good base to explore Venice and the staff were very friendly however it lacked atmosphere and was difficult to meet other travellers

This was a lovely hostel, I thought it was well set out, clean and good Wi-Fi. My only issue is that breakfast wasn't until 8:30am which I felt was quite late, especially for tourists who want to get up and make the most of the day.

Nothing special, but the location is great. The room was clean and comfortable. It was too expensive for what you get, but cheap for Venice. I'd stay there again.

Great place to stay. It has a large bar downstairs which is very social. They also have a small food menu which makes eating in Nice cheaper. Bathroom was a bit run down. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great activities. Just a bit expensive on some nights.

The hostel is in a very good location,good view of my room, and the staff is a very nice Brazilian girl. Thank you for your tips about the city.

Great location. Lacks a common area

We had to wait outside for 15mins until the staff turned up to let us in. The rooms were very spacious but very hot at night without aircon and because it backed into an alley you were woken at 6am by the screaming locals. WIFI was unpredictable but breakfast was ok. This would be a good hostel if you don't plan on staying in the heat of summer. The location was excellent. I did not find the communal area that was advertised?

Really great location nearby the train station. The staff was very nice and we were lucky to get some new friends at the hostel. The breakfast was good too! Thank you! :-)

• 4th Aug 2015

This was a quiet hostel. Wifi didn't work in our room but it did work in the sitting room Outside the room. Staff were really nice here and it was nice to sit down at breakfast with everyone. Breakfast is pretty average hostel breakfast, but the fruit and coffee were very welcomed. Venice is expensive so we were happy with our hostel even though it was overpriced. It is a nice hostel to stay at.

Maybe it was just bad luck for me, but I have to say that the location was the only good thing about this hostel. I was suppose to stay two night but due to some personal traveling issues I was only able to make one night. I was still charged both nights even though I called and left a message multiple times (which by the way the reception doesn't even have a phone its a personal number) and emailed prior to the 24hrs. When I got there the guy in charge was rude about the situation. Good luck!

• 3rd Aug 2015

The staff was cool, somewhat helpful getting me places. They were unorganized though, scrambling to put things together. Breakfast is always a plus at a hostel, it wasnt too hot for not having AC. Hardly a common area to meet people. Somewhat difficult to find but its doable. A pretty average hostel, really. Its venice though so everything is expensive

The lockers could be improved, they don't seem that secure, and one receptionist didn't speak English. Other than that my stay was perfect! The view from my room overlooked the grand canal but was quiet at night. It has a great breakfast and good kitchen/common room, I'm a solo traveller and was always meeting people! Great vibe. It's easy to get to, clean and the guy who was on reception most of the time was really helpful when I asked for advice.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts