L' Imbarcadero Reviews

Santa Croce, 1268, Calle Zen, Venice, Italy

Overall a fair price for a fair stay. Great location, great wifi, the room I had had a good view. It has a very quiet atmosphere and most people kept to themselves, which was fine with me. The only security was the front door, which anyone could accidentally leave unclosed.

The location is good because it is close to the train station, but the entrance and the facade of the hostel is little scary at night. The security is really deficient, the room's doors didn't had locks, and the main entrance door didn't look safe at all. Also for the lockers they gave you a little chain and lock that could easily be broken. The staff was nice and kind but they didn't knew much, they seem lost must of the time. Besides that, it is acceptable, comfy and clean enough.

Most expensive hostel we've ever booked but the accommodation is just average! Nevertheless we liked this because it was small and the location is really good, near the train station and you can see the Grand Canal from one of the dorms! On the other hand facility is really old (normal for Venice), so you can hear and feel the vibration because of boats. The bed sheets are a little old. There is no 24 hours reception, so if you want to check in more late, you have to make an appointment

Its a very nice and well located hostel near to Santa Lucia station. Recomended.

Very homey hostel where I was comfortable staying in for the night when I was done wandering Venice and exhausted from prior travels. Located nicely between the train station and St. Marco's square, and one of the rooms overlooks the Grand Canal, providing the unique experience of sleeping to the sounds of water activity. Included breakfast was a typical good hostel breakfast, and the hostel generally gave off a friendly but quiet vibe, in which most people were just doing their own thing.

I loved staying here, super nice little place and right across the river from the train station.

• 28th Nov 2015

Toilets need to be refurbished. Beds were clean. Location was central. Breakfast was good.

The location is excellent. A few minutes walk from train station and there is a ferry station next to the hostel. One thing to improve is the the WiFi is quite slow. Anyway, i have good time in this hostel.

Overall far too expensive for what it is. I live in an archipelago so I know what it's like to have most things imported from the mainland. I know Venice is expensive but still... On the plus side: the location is ideal for the train station and Cannaregio. The breakfast is good and we get a lot on our plate. No curfew. On the Minus side: no individual bed lamps, shower and sink regularly blocked, just two sockets and not close to the beds... Overall not bad, but very expensive.

Kind of expensive for 1 night in Venice. Spacious girls room however with connecting sink facilities. Remember being cold during my stay (in October). Wifi worked better in common areas

This place was great in every way with the exception that after we left I realized my son had bites all over him that were distinctly different from mosquito bites. We don't think it was bed bug because we didn't find any when we had to do the overhaul cleaning & the bites healed quicker then bed bug are said to. We made an assumption it was fleas but treated for both & did not have any additional concerns.

Hello, Thank you for your nice comment. I can assure you that they were mosquitoes. They can get very bad in Venice. And I don't know if you remember but it was anomaly hot the days you were in Venice and I remember that mosquitoes were terrible those days. Anyway trust me if they were bed bugs your son would have been awake by night crying... Kindest Regards, L'Imbarcadero.

I felt very welcome and safe! Stephanie knew who I was right when I walked in and it was very easy to get settled. The location is also perfect for travelers since it is right by the train station!

This is a lovely little hostel. There are few frills, but it's right on the Grand Canal and within a 10 minute walk from the train station. The staff were excellent--very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I make it back to Venice in the future.

A small amount of investment especially in thebathrooms would be welcome. The girl with long blonde hair was the best staff member. Friendly and welcoming.

Great location and friendly staff.

Good location, close to the train and really not that far from the main areas. I would say it's a good base to explore Venice and the staff were very friendly however it lacked atmosphere and was difficult to meet other travellers

This was a lovely hostel, I thought it was well set out, clean and good Wi-Fi. My only issue is that breakfast wasn't until 8:30am which I felt was quite late, especially for tourists who want to get up and make the most of the day.

Nothing special, but the location is great. The room was clean and comfortable. It was too expensive for what you get, but cheap for Venice. I'd stay there again.

Great place to stay. It has a large bar downstairs which is very social. They also have a small food menu which makes eating in Nice cheaper. Bathroom was a bit run down. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great activities. Just a bit expensive on some nights.

The hostel is in a very good location,good view of my room, and the staff is a very nice Brazilian girl. Thank you for your tips about the city.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts