L' Imbarcadero Reviews

Santa Croce, 1268, Calle Zen, Venice, Italy

Was surprised at lack of security into dorm rooms (anyone could enter and did), wifi was basically nonexistent (we asked about it and the receptionist had no suggestions), breakfast was basic (think white bread, packaged croissants), only two bathrooms for a large amount of people. However, the location was great and it was easy to find. We could walk to all major attractions from here so it's a good base. Just basic.

A cozy hostel, where the staff makes you feel right at home. Kitchen and free breakfast is a bonus. Only two bathrooms can be an issue if both were in use and no additional toilets. Beds I found were uncomfortable and no locks to the bedrooms. However, I found the lockers were a good size to lock any valuables. Overall we had a nice stay.

Great location nearby grand canal. Everything is perfect in this hostel. Great value for money. Tatiana was very helpful and knowledgeable. If I should return to Venice. I would definitely go back to the hostel.

This was a very nice little hostel - very close to the train station and within short walking distance of the main square. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly. The free breakfast is always a great addition too! My only complaint is about the layout of the hostel. There are only 2 bathrooms for the entire place. It makes it pretty difficult in the morning when everyone is trying to get up and out for the day! They could definitely use more because it just isn't enough!

• 2nd Nov 2014

The best hostel I've stayed in thus far! Close to the train station, easy to find, clean, safe, and overlooked the Grand Canal. Tatiana at the front desk was the sweetest, most helpful, interesting person. Of course the people always affect your experience, but we felt like this hostel had a great sense of community. Everyone had breakfast at the table together in the sun and we all stayed and talked well after it was over (and they had drip coffee!! Which I personally haven't seen in 3 months).

Tatiana is a really Nice lady. Funny and helpful. Very easy to find, considering it's Venice. Close to bus and train station. Internet doesn't work well in the back room. Good breakfast included.

Excellent place to stay in Venice, it's well located, near to the train station. 20min walk to the Cathedral. Lots of places to eat near by. A supermarket is really close! And the staff is super cool! Thanks Tatiana for being so great!

Hostel is in a great location close to train station and looks right over the Grand Canal. Place is a little pricey but it's to be expected in Venice. The facilities and rooms are kept tidy and the provided breakfast was great.

Nice staff :) I have an early check-out on the last day and they reserve a bag of biscuits and jam as breakfast for me nearby my bed - that's so considerate. The location is nice if you want to stay near the train station - but it's a bit far away from the attractions like San Marco, etc. Some tools are provided out of my expectations like locks and hair dryer. That's nice!

Venice is an expensive city, and I was glad I came across this Hostel because you can't do better for value. The location is excellent as well. I arrived into venice after 9pm and was concerned that I wouldn't find the place before last check in, but the directions that are offered are really good and apart from one wrong turning I found it in no time. It is a clean,well run and welcoming hostel. Tattianna, the beautiful woman who runs the hostel is a delight. ;)

The hostel is very nice and quiet and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My only problem was that is was a little bit difficult to find but in Venice you have a 100% chance of getting lost :)

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts