LG Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Bayangol district, Teeverchdiin Street, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Very close to the railwaystation and free pick-up! Rooms at the front are noisy. Clean place, good shower! Laundry service is expensive; over 3 kg they charge 3 US dollars for 1 kg.

• 28th Jul 2014

our group has 12 people and we stayed in a 8-bed dorm and one room of 4 beds. The 4 bed-room has a bathroom and a toilet inside. The room is clean, the staff is friendly though their English is just so so and not very informative The breakfast is quite plain with 1 boiled egg and some slides of bread with Jam but it is okay for the price.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Vietnam

Nice hostel, though location is out of the centre (though good for the train station). Staff are helpful, though not all speak good english. Nice and clean rooms, lacks some atmosphere though, probably due to the large size. Overall good stay

Hostel is located extremely close to the train station and they do offer free pick up but it is about 30-40 min walk away from the city center and main attractions. Wifi was sometimes not functioning over the four days spent there. The main manager during the day (Tsegii?) was very great and helpful for booking cars, tickets, etc. Did not feel pressured to take their tours as I did in other hostels in UB. Would be a good hostel for short stays during a TransSiberian journey.

Good hostel near train station, but a twenty minutes walk away from the center of UB. Not everyone speaks English, but they are all willing to help you.

Picked up a staff member of hostel who took us to ATM where we had problems and she tried to translate as best you could which took some time. Manager Tsengii (i think is the name) and another senior male staff member very helpful giving good advice in English. Filtered water and wi-fi supplied free. Reception has cameras on for security. Saw the Mongolian dance and music show tickets they sold and it was one of the best we have seen.Intersting shower that looked like a capsule. Hot water ok.

• 26th Jun 2014

Make use of the free pick up service because the directions aren't very clear. When we were visiting there was a lot of deconstruction happening in the area (giant holes in the ground etc) so it was difficult to enter the hostel. They didn't give us a key/card and the restaurant wasn't open so it was left up to another tourist to buzz us in the backdoor as the staff were not always at reception and couldn't hear the door. Limited hot water. Pretty blankets.

very close to the railway station - handy for transsiberian travellers. staff very nice (they kept our bag for one day when we went to terelj park even though we were checking in only the night after). very spacious and comfortable room. nice fridge to store up food for the train!

The location was perfect for our needs; namely, needing to be near the train station. We had a double room, which was nice, roomy, and clean. It was a little loud the night we were there; partly due to traffic on the road outside, and partly due to some other guests. All in all, we would recommend a stay at LG.

For 2-3days TransSiberian traveller, this hostel can be considered perfect location. Around 10 min walking distance from the station. If you book any tour with them, just make sure there will be English speaking travel guide with it. Everything in this hostel is just nice and comfy.

The staff speak english well and the they provided a good tour to the natioal park. They can help you to keep things safely when you getting out.

I felt unsafe walking in this area at night. It's a bit far from the centre for me, and I ended up switching hostels for the rest of my stay because I didn't want to walk 15 minutes to and from the centre through an area that made me feel unsafe. The rooms were clean and the shower was amazing. I'd definitely stay here if I was just in UB for a train stop over. Internet didn't work well. No social area, I met 2 guys at the bar who were staying here and we'd never seen each other at the hostel.

We had a lovely stay wih LG. The room was very clean and bathroom was great. Wifi worked well, restuarant downstairs was very affordable and tasty. They arranged a tour for us which was brilliant and they were amazing at helping me with my gluten free diet. Location of the hostel relative to UB centre is a 15min walk but it's super close to train station so depends what you prefer.

We stayed in House #2 near the State Department Store. Very convenient.

The staff at the hostel were very nice and helpful and collected and dropped us off at the airport and railway station. They arranged a trip to the Terelj National Park and offer other tours too. They happily stored our valuables in the safe in reception and they had lockers available too. The only complaint I have is that on the last morning the taxi was nearly half an hour late and then stopped three times to get petrol on the way to the airport!

Very helpful staff - great at organising tours with good English-speaking guide and safe driver.

• 12th Sep 2013

A good nights sleep, good mattress. Nice common room, good wifi. Good staff. Right next to the train station but a long walk from downtown! Decent breakfast at the restaurant downstairs but not if you're leaving early.

Pretty good hostel near the train station with helpful staff and breakfast in the morning (small one if you have to leave early !)

super friendly and clean. location isn't great but for a short stay it's perfect. It's in front of Transiberian train station,

This hostel is an easy 15mns walk away from the centre of Ulaanbaatar. It is close to the railway station, a market, many souvenir and grocery shops. The staff is very kind and most helpful. The hostel is kept clean at all times. LG kept my valuables in the safe and my luggage while I went on tour, free of charge. The food in the restaurant is good and the service excellent. A fabulous place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5