LG Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Bayangol district, Teeverchdiin Street, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

In the one shower (first floor, the left one) I got an electric shock each time i touched the tap (while standing barefeet on the wet ground). You might wanna look into that! Otherwise I enjoyed my stay at your place!

Do not recommend

Good bang for a buck, but no atmosphere at all. Even the plants look sad. Sometimes very noisy from a next door karaoke .

With an early morning train, this hostel is ideally located within a 10-minute walk of the station. We also walked up to Gandan Khiid, which was about 20 minutes away. It's about 10+ minutes up to Peace Avenue, so although it seems out of the way, it isn't really. Everything else was very good except the lack of either aircon or a fan. We opened the door which meant the noise from the disco came into Room 3-1.

Easy walking from train station. But written and map directions were missing from hostel world web. Manageress very helpful and excellent English good as my Mongolian poor. I had room with patio and view over Ulan baator.

Clean, well organised hostel with friendly staff. Even gave us a discount by moving us to a smaller dorm for the same price. Only downside was the fact that the hostel (hostel A) is located directly next to a nightclub. This bothered one of us, although the other happily slept through it, and preferred the hostel to many others due to the proximity to the train station and the cleanliness. Not ideal for UB Centre, although there is a second building for that.

Awesome friendly staff, security was great made me feel safe. I stayed here before in 2010 and for a month in 2013 and will stay here every time I go. They are very helpful and do anything possible to make your stay pleasant. The tours are great and exciting and he is a great cook and funny :) Lots of diversity here as many guests from many different countries. Pick up service and very close to train station, easy accessible and close to everything you need. Great place! Love the people.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Very close to the railwaystation and free pick-up! Rooms at the front are noisy. Clean place, good shower! Laundry service is expensive; over 3 kg they charge 3 US dollars for 1 kg.

• 28th Jul 2014

our group has 12 people and we stayed in a 8-bed dorm and one room of 4 beds. The 4 bed-room has a bathroom and a toilet inside. The room is clean, the staff is friendly though their English is just so so and not very informative The breakfast is quite plain with 1 boiled egg and some slides of bread with Jam but it is okay for the price.

Nice hostel, though location is out of the centre (though good for the train station). Staff are helpful, though not all speak good english. Nice and clean rooms, lacks some atmosphere though, probably due to the large size. Overall good stay

Hostel is located extremely close to the train station and they do offer free pick up but it is about 30-40 min walk away from the city center and main attractions. Wifi was sometimes not functioning over the four days spent there. The main manager during the day (Tsegii?) was very great and helpful for booking cars, tickets, etc. Did not feel pressured to take their tours as I did in other hostels in UB. Would be a good hostel for short stays during a TransSiberian journey.

Good hostel near train station, but a twenty minutes walk away from the center of UB. Not everyone speaks English, but they are all willing to help you.

Picked up a staff member of hostel who took us to ATM where we had problems and she tried to translate as best you could which took some time. Manager Tsengii (i think is the name) and another senior male staff member very helpful giving good advice in English. Filtered water and wi-fi supplied free. Reception has cameras on for security. Saw the Mongolian dance and music show tickets they sold and it was one of the best we have seen.Intersting shower that looked like a capsule. Hot water ok.

• 26th Jun 2014

Make use of the free pick up service because the directions aren't very clear. When we were visiting there was a lot of deconstruction happening in the area (giant holes in the ground etc) so it was difficult to enter the hostel. They didn't give us a key/card and the restaurant wasn't open so it was left up to another tourist to buzz us in the backdoor as the staff were not always at reception and couldn't hear the door. Limited hot water. Pretty blankets.

very close to the railway station - handy for transsiberian travellers. staff very nice (they kept our bag for one day when we went to terelj park even though we were checking in only the night after). very spacious and comfortable room. nice fridge to store up food for the train!

The location was perfect for our needs; namely, needing to be near the train station. We had a double room, which was nice, roomy, and clean. It was a little loud the night we were there; partly due to traffic on the road outside, and partly due to some other guests. All in all, we would recommend a stay at LG.

For 2-3days TransSiberian traveller, this hostel can be considered perfect location. Around 10 min walking distance from the station. If you book any tour with them, just make sure there will be English speaking travel guide with it. Everything in this hostel is just nice and comfy.

The staff speak english well and the they provided a good tour to the natioal park. They can help you to keep things safely when you getting out.

I felt unsafe walking in this area at night. It's a bit far from the centre for me, and I ended up switching hostels for the rest of my stay because I didn't want to walk 15 minutes to and from the centre through an area that made me feel unsafe. The rooms were clean and the shower was amazing. I'd definitely stay here if I was just in UB for a train stop over. Internet didn't work well. No social area, I met 2 guys at the bar who were staying here and we'd never seen each other at the hostel.

We had a lovely stay wih LG. The room was very clean and bathroom was great. Wifi worked well, restuarant downstairs was very affordable and tasty. They arranged a tour for us which was brilliant and they were amazing at helping me with my gluten free diet. Location of the hostel relative to UB centre is a 15min walk but it's super close to train station so depends what you prefer.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5