LOKI Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Cuesta Santa Ana #601, Cusco, Peru

Great atmosphere! Great events! Good deals for food and drinks! Confortable beds and geart staff!

Wifi mostly did not work, and it is important to consider that room areas are not covered by the wire. The police entered our room during the night to investigate if there were drugs inside!! Never seen that before on a hostel. Yet, if you want to meet people, that's the place. Parties everynight and loud people and music. In an overall view, I enjoyed it, but if you are looking for some rest, especially after inca trail or salkantay trail, better think about it. Travel agency is really good.

I start with, I thibk LOKI id a great hostel, there is amazing food, bed are soft with 2 pillows, and it's priced reasonably. BUT!! Loaction is a bit far, the dorms have hardly any windows(room 418) , and when we stayed there, for 5 nights from April 1st until April 6th, there was an ABNOXIOS bartender I think he was Israeli!!

Overall: This is a party hostel! Like, "looks like a frat house and had a toga party while we were there" hostel. Fun, but come ready to party (though Wild Rover is apparently the new "rage your face off" hostel). 5-7 min walk to main square. || Rooms: We had a spacious 6 bed ensuite. Bathroom was clean, getting hot water wasn't an issue.|| Security: No keys to room doors. Padlock rollboxes under beds for luggage. Smaller padlock lockers in reception area. || Internet: Not very reliable wifi.

Wifi is not working when there are too many people, which is most of the time..

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Israel

Be careful if you book a double room. Room 13 and those next door have windows opening on to a neighbouring yard with roosters and chickens so you will not sleep after 5am (or before the bar quietens down at night either). Staff pretended they had no idea about the issue and couldn't move us to a better room so we had to leave early

I stayed at both Loki and Milhouse hostels during my stay in Cusco (both in Private rooms). Both are very professional operations but ultimately I think Loki is a better bar than it is a hostel. The basic double at Loki was cheaper but not as nice, the wifi at Loki barely works, and the breakfast at Loki was not as good. There was also a shortage of power outlets in my room but I was able to borrow an extension cord from reception. Basically, Loki lives up to its reputation as a party hostel.

Good place to hang at the bar. Hot shoers

Not really a party animal, but Loki is a very big and clean hostel. The staff always seem to be cleaning. Dont stay if you don't like to party.

Very loud hostel, there is no chillout zone to hang out without getting music at max volume hammered in. Checkout staff was not really well prepared for the job.

super fun party hostel. fun activity nights and hostel organized walk tours. if your looking for somewhere fun to meet people and party this is it. only down side is a hill to get there from town center

a clean and friendly place with comfortable beds. we could leave our baggage there without a problem when we went to machu picchu. food is very good :) the bar is always full of people and a good place to have fun.

For my was it at the afternoon to much Partylocation at the bar. I coulndt enjoy it to hang out in the Hostel. But the Partys in the evening are awsome! The Food is great and also the staff! Great Job Loki!!!

They should put the guest that want to party back in the party area and those who want to sleep at the front, just ask when checking in because when you do want to sleep and in the bar area gets quite loud.

A great place to stay and have fun. Very nice owners and staff. We stayed for Christmas and New Year and felt part of a big family. Beds have 2PILLOWS :) WiFi a little slow but lots of people using it usually the problem. Excellent prices for Machu Picchu and you can book day before is cheapest and equal quality with any other in Cusco.

I am grateful to have shared good experiences in the hostel, luckily I my expectations were surpassed, was at Christmas dinner and New Year and it was definitely the best. If you like to party and meet people loki awaits you.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Venezuela

Private room was like a hotel, with towels, kettle, and en suite. Cleaned daily. Lots going on in the bar, breakfast was generous, great atmosphere. Good place to meet people and have a few drinks.

Great hostel! Amazing food, large clean rooms, comfortable beds (with big warm blanket and TWO pillows)!! It's a great hostel if you want to party, but the rooms are away from the bar if you want to relax as well. Really social hostel with organised events every night, a great way to meet other travellers. The only negative I have was the long walk up the hill which taxis neglect to drive up!

Good party hostel. Fun in the bar every night with cool activities planned every day. Nice beds and quiet dorms from my experience. Food is cheap and really good. Not really any quiet common areas at night. In house tour agency is expensive. No wifi in rooms which is understandable in 500 year old fortress. Stay fit walking up the hill.

We stay at the deluxe private room and it was amazing, the view and the decoration was awesome. I will definetely come back to that room. It is quiet and the bed is the biggest i have ever seen.

• 4th Nov 2013