LOKI Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Cuesta Santa Ana #601, Cusco, Peru

Even had a gym!

Its a party hostel, if you want to sleep dont book there. It´s clean and the staff is ok. Location is very bad. 10min walk from the center and the road is very step!! Hard walk.

Reception is soooooo slow. Everything else great. I mean really slow. Not the guys fault. Just to buy a place for one counter guy. They make him stand too which seems unfair.

Good hostel to meet people. Great food in the bar at very reasonable prices.

The best part of Loki is the atmosphere. Solid party hostel with a nice bar that attracts fun travelers. The facilities are good and well kept. Food is great (relatively speaking). The security could be better but its a safe place. Only real downside I found was the location. Everything good in Cusco happens out of the main square. Its about a 10 min walk going there (mostly downhill) and more coming back since its uphill. I was fine with it but some people prefer to be right in the square.

Very skeptical of going to a Loki but was pleasantly suprised. Yes its a party hostel, yes people will keep you up all night but the food is good, drinks are good and happy hour frequent. Staff are friendly. Only thing i would say is it lacks a quiet/chilled common area for down time . Manager gave me free world cup shirt and it was my friends birthday so they let me climb on the bar and drunkenly sing to him. Good times :)

Only stay here if you're looking for a party hostel. We were in the larger 15 person dorm, and people were very discourteous and kept stumbling in drunk, turning on the lights, and being loud. But what do you expect when the hostel bar is open until 2? In addition, the front desk people were EXTREMELY rude and there was only ever one person to handle check-in, check-out, directions, bag check etc. We won't stay with Loki again.

A party hostel done well. Building was really nice, spread over several courtyards one of which was the bar area. Bathrooms were always in a good state, think they were cleaned more than once a day. Really comfortae beds. Obviously if you choose to stay somewhere like this you are at the mercy of your fellow guests, e.g. if you are in a dorm near the bar then early nights are probably not an option. But if you are looking to enjoy a few drinks (maybe a lot) then this is a good place.

I definitely enjoyed that they had different activities each night. Clean spaces and lots of space to separate noise from the bar area.

Slow wifi, gym has some broken machines, can be loud at night because of all the partying but staff is friendly and is a great place to meet new people. Offers very good food at affordable prices.

Party hostel thru and thru.. Be prepared to drink even if you don't want too b/c the atmosphere is so much fun! Beds were clean and bathrooms were well maintained. Only downside which is a small one is walking up the hill back to the hostel after shopping or visiting the main square. Would definitely stay there again if I were in South America. Young crowd and can get loud at night however. Bring ear plugs if you want to sleep.

This hostel has no wifi. No one ever had wifi as their system is so poor. The permanent staff are so miserable and rude and overwhelmed on reception due to lack of staff. The best thing about Loki is the food and bar. The internet and rude staff would put me off staying. Wild rover is probably the better hostel from what I have heard.

Apparently this is a party hostel? I spent an hour at reception waiting to be checked in - this is normal because the staff are slow, they're computers are slower and they spend most of their time dealing with drunk gringos moaning the wifi doesn't work (it never works). You will also meet the drunk gringos - one guy told me about his trip to Queenstown where he and his mate had a joint. It was a good joint. I was fascinated. If you're as interesting as this guy, you should stay at Loki.

The hostel was pretty nice. It seemed like a hacienda so most of the common space was outside. The main issue we ran into was the staff. The staff was great -- there just wasn't enough of them! We needed to checkout before 7 one morning because we were going on a Loki tour (so there was a large-ish group of us who needed to check out) and I seriously waited 30 minutes. When we checked back in (after our Loki Tour) it took about 45 minutes. They just didn't have enough staff.

Very, very good.

Really fun place to stay, great atmosphere good people and clean facilities

Pros: travel agency is really good, layout is very sociable even for solo travellers. Cons: poor WiFi, poor WiFi, poor WiFi

super crazy party hostel! be prepared for wild times every night, but also take precautions... I got my digital camera, towel, and all my bathroom stuff stolen while i was sleeping

• 10th May 2014

If you are looking for a trip to enjoy Cusco during the day and have fun tonigh meeting people, LoKi is the right place.

Lots of fun at Loki. Always a party! If youre looking to party and meet people its a great place with nice facilities.