LOKI Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Cuesta Santa Ana #601, Cusco, Peru

Although the center of town is not too far away, you have to walk uphill to get to the hostel, which after a long night or a hike at Machu picchu is brutal. most other hostels are in the center of town which is much more convenient. Also, there's no wifi anywhere except the bar, which is really inconvenient. Lack of chill couches and hang out facilities other than the bar.

The hostel is located at the top of stairs about 4 blocks back from the plaza de armas. I didn't like the walk up and all the feral dogs in that area. The reception staff are rude and don't go out of their way to help you. The hostel is a party hostel so music blaring until 2am. Don't stay here if you want to sleep! Otherwise the guys in the travel agent at really helpfull and its very clean.

Great friendly staff who certainly made up for the fact that there was a bit of a walk to the centre of town.

Loki is a fun party hostel. Don't go there if you need a good night sleep but if you want to party and a have a great time it's the place for you. Check-in and out take a very long time and at times seem very disorganised. This could stand to be improved however the rooms are cheap, the food is good and the bar is a lot of fun. We stayed in a dorm and a private both were good with good facilities and the dorm had huge lockers which roll under the bed.

I loved stay in Loki Cusco because of the atmosphere. The staff in the bar and reception were really cool! The restaurant/bar has a party every night and it's worthy too! A few cameras would be a good idea to keep the guests safer. I had my mobile stolen and if there were cameras, we could have a look. I had similar situation in another hostel in another country and it made the difference to find who had taken it.

• 6th Oct 2014

Great staff, great food, great value

• 5th Oct 2014

Loki has parties everynignt, showers are hot. Breakfast is standard, it's a pretty good hostel to stay at, so I recommend highly to other young people. Easy to meet people. Only down side to this place is the two Australian Bartenders, I think there brothers, I would order something and they would never return with the drink, they were stuck up and felt as if they didn't care about paying customer and more about having conversations with each other.

Party hostel, nuff said. Everything else was pretty good. Bar staff was awesome but one of the travel agents was pretty useless and the staff up front also could use some improvement or extra help.

In my personal opinion...too far from rest of hostel cluster. We were places in the dungeon rooms so super freezing and too loud from noise outside. Couple of the female staff were relly sweet but the other two were extremely rude for no reason especially upon checkout

Great staff, tons of fun. LOVE Loki!!!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Cons: No kitchen! Computers in the room never have internet and they are really slow. Also, they run on Linux. You have to walk up 70m of stairs to get to the hostel. Pro: Beautiful and huge place. Parties every night. From the rooms I stayed in (415

1. Don't go if you like sleep - unless it is sleep fuelled by alcohol. 2. Do go if 1. doesn't apply to you.

Really good hostel with a great vibe, good bar and food, in a great location, with helpful staff. The only thing I could comment on is the cold, there was an open door to the outside next to our room which was left open all night. They do offer extra blankets though, so I wasn't too cold for too long,

Even had a gym!

Its a party hostel, if you want to sleep dont book there. It´s clean and the staff is ok. Location is very bad. 10min walk from the center and the road is very step!! Hard walk.

Reception is soooooo slow. Everything else great. I mean really slow. Not the guys fault. Just to buy a place for one counter guy. They make him stand too which seems unfair.

Good hostel to meet people. Great food in the bar at very reasonable prices.

The best part of Loki is the atmosphere. Solid party hostel with a nice bar that attracts fun travelers. The facilities are good and well kept. Food is great (relatively speaking). The security could be better but its a safe place. Only real downside I found was the location. Everything good in Cusco happens out of the main square. Its about a 10 min walk going there (mostly downhill) and more coming back since its uphill. I was fine with it but some people prefer to be right in the square.

Very skeptical of going to a Loki but was pleasantly suprised. Yes its a party hostel, yes people will keep you up all night but the food is good, drinks are good and happy hour frequent. Staff are friendly. Only thing i would say is it lacks a quiet/chilled common area for down time . Manager gave me free world cup shirt and it was my friends birthday so they let me climb on the bar and drunkenly sing to him. Good times :)

Only stay here if you're looking for a party hostel. We were in the larger 15 person dorm, and people were very discourteous and kept stumbling in drunk, turning on the lights, and being loud. But what do you expect when the hostel bar is open until 2? In addition, the front desk people were EXTREMELY rude and there was only ever one person to handle check-in, check-out, directions, bag check etc. We won't stay with Loki again.