LOKI Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Cuesta Santa Ana #601, Cusco, Peru

Very skeptical of going to a Loki but was pleasantly suprised. Yes its a party hostel, yes people will keep you up all night but the food is good, drinks are good and happy hour frequent. Staff are friendly. Only thing i would say is it lacks a quiet/chilled common area for down time . Manager gave me free world cup shirt and it was my friends birthday so they let me climb on the bar and drunkenly sing to him. Good times :)

A party hostel done well. Building was really nice, spread over several courtyards one of which was the bar area. Bathrooms were always in a good state, think they were cleaned more than once a day. Really comfortae beds. Obviously if you choose to stay somewhere like this you are at the mercy of your fellow guests, e.g. if you are in a dorm near the bar then early nights are probably not an option. But if you are looking to enjoy a few drinks (maybe a lot) then this is a good place.

I definitely enjoyed that they had different activities each night. Clean spaces and lots of space to separate noise from the bar area.

Slow wifi, gym has some broken machines, can be loud at night because of all the partying but staff is friendly and is a great place to meet new people. Offers very good food at affordable prices.

Party hostel thru and thru.. Be prepared to drink even if you don't want too b/c the atmosphere is so much fun! Beds were clean and bathrooms were well maintained. Only downside which is a small one is walking up the hill back to the hostel after shopping or visiting the main square. Would definitely stay there again if I were in South America. Young crowd and can get loud at night however. Bring ear plugs if you want to sleep.

This hostel has no wifi. No one ever had wifi as their system is so poor. The permanent staff are so miserable and rude and overwhelmed on reception due to lack of staff. The best thing about Loki is the food and bar. The internet and rude staff would put me off staying. Wild rover is probably the better hostel from what I have heard.

Apparently this is a party hostel? I spent an hour at reception waiting to be checked in - this is normal because the staff are slow, they're computers are slower and they spend most of their time dealing with drunk gringos moaning the wifi doesn't work (it never works). You will also meet the drunk gringos - one guy told me about his trip to Queenstown where he and his mate had a joint. It was a good joint. I was fascinated. If you're as interesting as this guy, you should stay at Loki.

The hostel was pretty nice. It seemed like a hacienda so most of the common space was outside. The main issue we ran into was the staff. The staff was great -- there just wasn't enough of them! We needed to checkout before 7 one morning because we were going on a Loki tour (so there was a large-ish group of us who needed to check out) and I seriously waited 30 minutes. When we checked back in (after our Loki Tour) it took about 45 minutes. They just didn't have enough staff.

Very, very good.

Really fun place to stay, great atmosphere good people and clean facilities

Pros: travel agency is really good, layout is very sociable even for solo travellers. Cons: poor WiFi, poor WiFi, poor WiFi

super crazy party hostel! be prepared for wild times every night, but also take precautions... I got my digital camera, towel, and all my bathroom stuff stolen while i was sleeping

• 10th May 2014

If you are looking for a trip to enjoy Cusco during the day and have fun tonigh meeting people, LoKi is the right place.

The atmosphere is great, lots of people from all around the world. The food at the bar is wonderful, it is surely one of the best restaurants in Cusco. Rooms& toilets are very clean and organised. The bad thing about the Loki is the reception. Not only they are terribly slow, and it takes 40 minutes just to check in, they are also not very nice. They should put more manpower there. The location is also not very good, as you have to climb a shitload of steps to get there.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Israel

The hostel is located on a hill in the center of cusco. although it is not far away, you have to climb this hostel if you are not intersted in taking a taxi.. this is awful! Besides, it is a good place to stay. Good facilities, clean all day long, good atmosphere and great resturant as well as the other LOKIs!

Great atmosphere! Great events! Good deals for food and drinks! Confortable beds and geart staff!

Wifi mostly did not work, and it is important to consider that room areas are not covered by the wire. The police entered our room during the night to investigate if there were drugs inside!! Never seen that before on a hostel. Yet, if you want to meet people, that's the place. Parties everynight and loud people and music. In an overall view, I enjoyed it, but if you are looking for some rest, especially after inca trail or salkantay trail, better think about it. Travel agency is really good.

I start with, I thibk LOKI id a great hostel, there is amazing food, bed are soft with 2 pillows, and it's priced reasonably. BUT!! Loaction is a bit far, the dorms have hardly any windows(room 418) , and when we stayed there, for 5 nights from April 1st until April 6th, there was an ABNOXIOS bartender I think he was Israeli!!

Overall: This is a party hostel! Like, "looks like a frat house and had a toga party while we were there" hostel. Fun, but come ready to party (though Wild Rover is apparently the new "rage your face off" hostel). 5-7 min walk to main square. || Rooms: We had a spacious 6 bed ensuite. Bathroom was clean, getting hot water wasn't an issue.|| Security: No keys to room doors. Padlock rollboxes under beds for luggage. Smaller padlock lockers in reception area. || Internet: Not very reliable wifi.

Wifi is not working when there are too many people, which is most of the time..

• 8th Mar 2014