LPQ Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Wat That street. Ban Wat That. Luang prabang. Laos, Luang Prabang, Laos

The hotel staff are extremely rude not even remotely polite once during my stay, they are also extremely strict here about the aircon which is turned off bang on time was even once told to go to bed around 11ish as they are extremely strict about any noise whatsoever. The beds are so hard you might as well sleep on the floor! Also extremely noisy due to the lockers underneath the beds. One move and its Rolf Harris playing a steel wobble board! Rooms are tiny. No room for your bags!

• 12th Jul 2015

This is the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Spend your money on comparably priced places elsewhere. I'm used to bad hostels but this one is something else. Tiniest dorms I've ever seen with a mattress that feels like sleeping on the floor. Nazis about the air con, even when it's 40 degrees. Staff are incredibly rude - not one kind word was said to guests. The 3 cleaners come in at 9:45am and start lifting mattresses and talking even though everyone is still sleeping. Stay anywhere but here.

Noisy metal beds and I destroyed my backpack in the locker because of the floor and the metal bars sticking out everywhere. Other than that it was a nice place.

LPQ Backpackers has a nice location close to the center of town. The dorm I stayed in was ok, nothing special. The staff was nice and helpful, even though many other travelers have given them negative feedback. When I went to see the monks early in the morning they opened the gate for me without any trouble at all. LPQ is a good place to stay in Luang Prabang.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels