LPQ Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Wat That street. Ban Wat That. Luang prabang. Laos, Luang Prabang, Laos

Staff rude and unhelpful. Were told off for being on phone in reception at 10pm and have to wake someone up to get in after about 11 and they make you feel like it's a problem

Staff are extremely unhelpful and rude. Aircon is turned off at ten am on the dot

• 7th Sep 2014

Nice place to stay for what you pay considering breakfast is included. Close to all the food stalls and a supermarket. Bit quiet when I was there but could be good in high season.

The staff were rude, and made you feel unwelcome. The lockout was supposed to be 2am but the door was shut at 10:30pm with no way to get in other than waking the receptionist. Getting ordered to go to bed at midnight also didn't impress me. The hostel rooms weren't locked and the a/c was only set to the ridiculously high temperature that the staff determined. Beds were okay, showers and toilets were clean enough. Location was good for night markets and pubs. Good tour guides to the waterfalls

Located West of the city center, but Luang Prabang is a small city so you can easily go around by walking. Common areas and atmosphere were rather good, although the staff was not helpful or nice at all. Market price (keeping in mind Laos, and especially Luang Prabang, is expensive).

Good hostel for Luang Prabang. Dorms were ok and clean. Nice atmosphere. Breakfast is eggs and toast and coffee, not bad. After 10 you can't make noise so if you are having a good time with other travellers you have to go somewhere else. But they were very nice when we arrived at 12:30 am and checked us in after a very long trip.

By 9pm there were asking us to leave the lobby, and if you got back to the hostel after 11 they had already locked the gate so that you had to wake someone up to let you in. The staff were unfriendly and unhelpful

Never experienced such rude and unfriendly staff in all my months of travelling. Never once smiled or looked you in the eye . Answers to questions often 'I don't know'. Felt like a child with strict curfews for bed, the pool table closing at 9, being told to leave if we want to chat, air conditioning turned off early when all still asleep. Seriously they need to sort it out, so many people there agreed it was a joke. Lockers so noisey so you wake up and beds painfully hard.

Pros: Location, Breakfast (you can choose between 3 options), Price Cons: Staff not very friendly and helpfull, very small room (I stayed in 8 bed dorm), uncomfofortable beds, during night the main gate was locked (we got up early to see the monks, but couldn't get out! I wonder whats happens in case of a fire??!)

Good hostel and good location. Mixed staff... Night porter is quite unfriendly but understandable! Thy say curfew is 2am but they lock up at 12 ! Movie room is very good but some staff just turn it down without asking. 2 great staff members, sorry I don't know your name !!

thats a good hostel to stay in. there is a pool and cinema room with aircon. its clean and despite of shower and toilet are shared, there are many of them.

the location was great and we had a great time there but the staff kind of made us feel like we weren't wanted. The curfew of 2 and the early morning cleanings definitely gets in the way.

The hostel is fine otherwise I wouldnt have stayed here a week. Good breakfast for free. The beds are terrible but after a couple of nights your back gets used to it. The showers are ok. They only have 3 toilets to share among the dorms and only one works fine, the second one is just gross. The staff is not too helpful but they occasionally smile. Don't take your laundry to the place right next, they mix your clothes with someone else's. There's an amazing restaurant close from it: Delilah's.

The staff at LPQ Hostel were great! My night bus from Vang Vieng arrived very early so I was dropped at the hostel at 3:30am. Night staff woke up in the middle of the night, gave me a dorm bed to sleep in and didn't even charge me for the night which was very kind! The hostel has a really nice location and the breakfast is fantastic. The only negative thing I could say is that the dormroom had an awful musty smell and the bathrooms smelt quite bad as well. Aside from that, great place!!

Stay there for over one week nice staff and good hostel

I hate leaving bad reviews so it really pains me to do this but here goes: Staff were unbelievably unhelpful to the point of being rude. They didn't seem to have a clue about getting around/recommending good places to go. Breakfast was a bit naff, rooms were very cramped and they cleaned the bathrooms/bedrooms at really inconvenient times. Tried to go to the toilet at 8am to find that I wasn't allowed because all 3 were being cleaned! Much nicer places closer to town for comparable prices!

Great location, rooms were perfectly fine, breakfast was ok. However, the staff were unhelpful almost to the point of unfriendliness, which is not great when you're a solo traveller just arrived in the country. I suspect language and natural shyness may have played a part, but you run a guesthouse, you need to help the guests out! Stay here for the convenient location and value for money, but don't expect much more than that.

A good functional hostel to stay for a couple of nights. Close to the city centre, night markets, bars and restaurants. The beds were comfy and air-conned during the night but the rooms (I stayed in an 8-person dorm) were tiny so that it was quite tricky to get anything out of the bag when you were alone. Impossible with seven other people in the room.

Staff were friendly. The beds are horrible, you can hear ever move. You can't lock the door to the dorm. It was a average hostel.

I didn't like that the dorm room where never locked and that the sinks never had soap, the beds are hard but the location and aircon was good. I would stay here again :-)

View all Luang Prabang Hostels