LSE Bankside House Reviews

24 Sumner Street, SE1 9JA, London, England

Mixed. There was no drinking water available - tap in room said not to drink and notice said drinking water in kitchen yet kitchen was locked and staff too busy to help! Some staff, including two breakfast servers, were surly and rude while others, such as the young girl who checked me in, smiling and friendly even though under pressure from large groups checking in. Very noisy around 2.30am yelling between room and banging on a door but generally quiet and comfortable.

• 20th Sep 2014

Hostel was busy but the quiet after 11pm rule was observed. Breakfast was excellent. I had a good view of the Shard.

The staff were very friendly and offered some guidance about travelling through London. The breakfast was amazing.

• 19th Aug 2014

Really pleased with our stay. Wifi ( free) was the best I have received at a hotel for a long time. Location was perfect for our sightseeing holiday. Very convenient for buses and local M & S convenience store.

• 13th Aug 2014

Location: A 10 minute walk to Southwark tube station, right across the street from Tate modern, Tesco Express and a Sainsbury's about a 3 minute walk away. Room: Very large and kept very, very clean. I shared a bathroom with one other room, it was great. Only complaint is that there was no mirror in my room. Other: Kitchen's were locked for the summer while I was under the impression I would have access. Breakfast was large, wifi was good. Summary: I'd stay here again

I only stayed for one night but was very happy with it. I booked a single room with shared bathroom. The room was clean and a good size and the bed was comfortable. I also had a great view of The Shard out the window. The bathroom was only shared with 1 other room, which was nice, though it meant it was right next to my room, so I got woken up by my neighbour having a shower. The shower seemed unusually loud. Minor issue though. The location's ideal for the southbank and tube stations.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Excellent location, great value for money. Big en-suite room, with free wifi, towels and tea/coffee facilities. Quite student-y (as you'd expect) so not ideal for romantic weekends away, but great for somewhere central to stay in London with friends.

It's almost perfect, except the room for shower is too small!

The hotel was very noisy because of the students from summer camp (I guess). They talked loudly in the alley at midnight. The staff at the reception is not so friendly.