LSE Bankside House Reviews

24 Sumner Street, SE1 9JA, London, England

Hostel was busy but the quiet after 11pm rule was observed. Breakfast was excellent. I had a good view of the Shard.

The staff were very friendly and offered some guidance about travelling through London. The breakfast was amazing.

• 19th Aug 2014

Really pleased with our stay. Wifi ( free) was the best I have received at a hotel for a long time. Location was perfect for our sightseeing holiday. Very convenient for buses and local M & S convenience store.

• 13th Aug 2014

Location: A 10 minute walk to Southwark tube station, right across the street from Tate modern, Tesco Express and a Sainsbury's about a 3 minute walk away. Room: Very large and kept very, very clean. I shared a bathroom with one other room, it was great. Only complaint is that there was no mirror in my room. Other: Kitchen's were locked for the summer while I was under the impression I would have access. Breakfast was large, wifi was good. Summary: I'd stay here again

I only stayed for one night but was very happy with it. I booked a single room with shared bathroom. The room was clean and a good size and the bed was comfortable. I also had a great view of The Shard out the window. The bathroom was only shared with 1 other room, which was nice, though it meant it was right next to my room, so I got woken up by my neighbour having a shower. The shower seemed unusually loud. Minor issue though. The location's ideal for the southbank and tube stations.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Excellent location, great value for money. Big en-suite room, with free wifi, towels and tea/coffee facilities. Quite student-y (as you'd expect) so not ideal for romantic weekends away, but great for somewhere central to stay in London with friends.

It's almost perfect, except the room for shower is too small!

The hotel was very noisy because of the students from summer camp (I guess). They talked loudly in the alley at midnight. The staff at the reception is not so friendly.

very good value for money, good central location, 10 minutes from london bridge tube, would definately use again

• 12th Oct 2013

Due to the terrible plumbing and the noise when someone flushes his of her toilet was so loud, it became impossible for me to sleep. I'll hope never to sleep in that room ever again. The room, the bed and breakfast were ok, but that noise was really unacceptable.

• 26th Sep 2013
  • Belgium

Great location near the Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe, St Paul's. Nearest tube station a 5-10 minutes walk but not a problem. Excellent English breakfast. Staff were friendly and rooms cleaned each day. M&S Simply Food nearby (handy for buying foodstuff). I booked a twin bed en suite room and was able to access free wifi from there. Overall a lovely experience and I'd love to return here on my next London trip.

Great location just behind the TATE Modern art gallery...easy walk to St Pauls...clean and comfortable. Plenty hot water and towels provided. ..excellent breakfast. .reasonable prices for London. .All you need really. ..

Good value for money. Excellent breakfast. Location was wonderful. Easy access to a lot of tourist spots. Friendly and helpful staff. Only complaint was no wifi access despite the claim on your website that access was available only in the lobby, not in rooms. Lobby access was apparently only for students. That should be made clearer.

• 13th Sep 2013

The room was very spacious and warm. My only comment was the bed; it was extremely uncomfortable and there was only one pillow provided. I was not informed by staff of how to request extra pillows. Apart from this, I found the hostel very satisfactory

for a weekend break with your friends its fine.. got that group-hostel-vibe.. but its definitely nothing for a lovely weekend with your partner :)

The room is clean and spacious. It is over my expectation. Undoubtedly, I will recommend it to my friends.

• 11th Sep 2013

The room was as advertised, nice and clean. Housekeeping , however, was erratic. When I dared to say something about the missing tea / coffee / soap in my room on the second day there, I had someone hoovering outside my door at 30 mins past midnight. Since the housekeeping staff are all male from what I noticed, that was a scary experience, which made me feel quite unsafe there.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Switzerland

The Wifi was not available. There are two common PCs in the lobby, but they were almost monopolised by a crowd of German teenagers on a school trip....

No wify isn't convenience. It is like student's house.

• 9th Sep 2013
  • Taiwan

The facilities at this hostel/B&B are excellent. I had a private room with en-suite and I had everything I would need for my stay including towels, soap, shampoo and a TV (that worked)! The bed was comfortable with a clean duvet and plenty of space for luggage including a wardrobe. The only problem I have with this hostel/B&B is the location; it is excellent if you are exploring the South Bank, the Tate Modern and The Globe Theatre but please note it is not close to the West End.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5