LSE Bankside House Reviews

24 Sumner Street, SE1 9JA, London, England

very good value for money, good central location, 10 minutes from london bridge tube, would definately use again

• 12th Oct 2013

Due to the terrible plumbing and the noise when someone flushes his of her toilet was so loud, it became impossible for me to sleep. I'll hope never to sleep in that room ever again. The room, the bed and breakfast were ok, but that noise was really unacceptable.

• 26th Sep 2013
  • Belgium

Great location near the Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe, St Paul's. Nearest tube station a 5-10 minutes walk but not a problem. Excellent English breakfast. Staff were friendly and rooms cleaned each day. M&S Simply Food nearby (handy for buying foodstuff). I booked a twin bed en suite room and was able to access free wifi from there. Overall a lovely experience and I'd love to return here on my next London trip.

Great location just behind the TATE Modern art gallery...easy walk to St Pauls...clean and comfortable. Plenty hot water and towels provided. ..excellent breakfast. .reasonable prices for London. .All you need really. ..

Good value for money. Excellent breakfast. Location was wonderful. Easy access to a lot of tourist spots. Friendly and helpful staff. Only complaint was no wifi access despite the claim on your website that access was available only in the lobby, not in rooms. Lobby access was apparently only for students. That should be made clearer.

• 13th Sep 2013

The room was very spacious and warm. My only comment was the bed; it was extremely uncomfortable and there was only one pillow provided. I was not informed by staff of how to request extra pillows. Apart from this, I found the hostel very satisfactory

for a weekend break with your friends its fine.. got that group-hostel-vibe.. but its definitely nothing for a lovely weekend with your partner :)

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Switzerland

The room is clean and spacious. It is over my expectation. Undoubtedly, I will recommend it to my friends.

• 11th Sep 2013

The room was as advertised, nice and clean. Housekeeping , however, was erratic. When I dared to say something about the missing tea / coffee / soap in my room on the second day there, I had someone hoovering outside my door at 30 mins past midnight. Since the housekeeping staff are all male from what I noticed, that was a scary experience, which made me feel quite unsafe there.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Switzerland

The Wifi was not available. There are two common PCs in the lobby, but they were almost monopolised by a crowd of German teenagers on a school trip....

No wify isn't convenience. It is like student's house.

• 9th Sep 2013
  • Taiwan

The facilities at this hostel/B&B are excellent. I had a private room with en-suite and I had everything I would need for my stay including towels, soap, shampoo and a TV (that worked)! The bed was comfortable with a clean duvet and plenty of space for luggage including a wardrobe. The only problem I have with this hostel/B&B is the location; it is excellent if you are exploring the South Bank, the Tate Modern and The Globe Theatre but please note it is not close to the West End.

Nice hostel: very clean, housekeeping comes in every day to make the bed, change towels, clean the bathroom, etc. I had a private single room and it had a desk, wardrobe, dresser, shelving, and single bed with a window. location is good, nearest tube station is about a 10-15min walk away (blackfriars or london bridge). The only downside is that there is no wifi in the building, which was frustrating. There are cafes nearby which offer free wifi, but would have been nice to have in the hostel.

Everything is GOOD except the shower room, which is a little bit small

Good. Room was just like my dorm back at school which was just fine by me. Wonderful location and pretty helpful staff. Not the best facilities, but great value for your money.

• 17th Aug 2013

Lack of Wi-Fi

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

extremely long wait/queue for breakfast

The Staff were amazing. Helpful and pleasant with any questions or requests I had. The room was big and clean and quiet and the breakfast had more choices than I expected. The entire operation was very efficient and great value. The security they talked about when I checked in didn't really exist. Nobody wanted to see my registration card when i came back in. If they hadn't told me about the security I wouldn't have noticed it was missing.

• 14th Aug 2013

Exactly what I needed it for, great breakfast, great location. shame it's not available during term time!

I know that left luggage is offered as a complimentary service, but I was mortified to return to the hostel and find the door to the closest wide open and they told me to just go in and fetch my bag myself. This is in downtown London. Anyone off the street could have walked in and took my bag.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4