LSE Rosebery Hall Reviews

90 Rosebery Avenue, EC1R 4TY, London, England

Great neighborhood, clean, silent in the evening, we slept we the windows opened!!! Great breakfast.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Sweden
  • Couple, 41+

The rooms are quite basic, but comfortable and quiet. Shared toilets and showers were clean and available. I especially liked the breakfast offer, there is a European buffet selection with various breads and muesli, and you get to pick six items for a cooked English breakfast!

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Slept well. Friendly staff and good breakfast included.

• 15th Aug 2014

Expensive for what you receive but maybe Its all the same around london. The rooms have a "smell" so you have to leave you window open. The building is way too hot in summer.

Good breakfast, clean place, nice neighborhood

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Tell people to check if their card is working. Only the third entrance card I was given was working. Sunday morning there was no hot water for quite a bit.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Poland

I enjoyed the hostel. The room is comfortable, and the dinning room service is excellent. The staff is good, but I had a small problem at breakfest because I didn't see one of the signs about the times who clients could get food, and a woman unkind caught my attention in the middle of others clients. I was embarrassed and shamed. I think she would be more discrete and professional to clarify my mistake.

I was happy to receive insformation on how to get to the hostel from the airport but after all it wasn't very useful. I couldn't find bus 153 near Liverpool Station so it would be good if you add more detailed instructions on how to find 153 bus stop.

It was just like being back at university again, only much quieter. The loo and shower facilities were kept to a good clean standard and the breakfasts were good. Would definitely consider staying again.

• 21st Sep 2013

LSE Rosebery Hall is very close to the Angel station, thus it is very convenient for we the tourists. This hostel COULD BE BETTER IF: 1. Some of the reception staff are more friendly. 2. There are a hook and a lock in the shower cubicle, so that the visitors can hang the clothes and ensure privacy. 3. It is easier for tenants to tell the gender of the toilet and shower room. I saw a young lady entered the men's 'toilet & shower' (or it is actually "'men's toilet' & shower" ?)

• 16th Sep 2013
  • China

Will be best if you're alone with small money.

Good location, good room, nice breakfast. The shower could use an update and some of the reception staff were more confusing than helpful, but all in all good value for money.

There was no hot water.

You have to pay for the internet, the staff is not very helpful and not good attitude.

Good hostel for this price. Clean rooms and bathrooms. I recommend it!

• 12th Apr 2013
  • Poland

For one night, this hostel provided an adequate stay In London. For the price I could not have expected anymore. It was unfortunate that both Angel and Farringdon tube stations were shut on the Easter weekend but, having stayed in hostels previously, I believe the staff could have done more to offer alternate suggestions. In fact, the tube station they then directed us to was also shut requiring a further 25mim walk. Fortunately I knew London well but would have concerns for someone who didnt.

Everything was OK - the staff, the room and the red folder giving information about the nearest markets, restaurants, pubs, etc. Having a hot breakfast after a good sleep is all you want and you get it here. I will return to this hostel for sure.

• 26th Mar 2013
  • Latvia

I booked the room on line, and paid 10% at the same time. When I got to the LSE Rosebery Hall, I paid the remain money for the room by cash. However, the staff said that I did not pay for the room when I checked out. It is the most unpleasure thing for me to live in the hall.

• 31st Dec 2012
  • China

Rosebery Hall is an excellent value for the money paid. As an American visiting London for the first time, it was not too difficult to find and was located in a convenient and charming part of town. There are many stores and shops conveniently nearby and the packet that is left on the desk is very helpful. Overall, my experience at Rosebery was very good; the only improvements I would make is to include toothpaste in addition to the free soap, and to have free wifi.

• 30th Dec 2012

i liked this hostel. The room was small but clean, the staff was nice and the bathroom was way better than expected! Nice and clean, and even though it's shared with an entire floor it was only occupied once in 4 days. The only downside is that they don't have en security boxes in the room or anywhere else. That would have been helpful. All in all a very great stay and if i come to London again, i'll stay here!

• 19th Sep 2012