La Albahaca Hostel Reviews

Padilla entre Ambrosetti y Sarmiento, Pueblo Nuevo, Tilcara, Argentina

Nice roof terrace for breakfast with a great view. Wonderful staff - the check in was the most comprehensive information I have ever been given at a hostel with info about all the things in the area to do and see.

They should do something against the many flies in the rooms.

• 21st Sep 2014

Really lovely hostel. The space was beautiful, the rooms were clean, and there was a balcony with an amazing view and good places to sit. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The staff was helpful and nice to talk. They just could be more assertive about the hostel rules with one (exceptional) guest that was making too much noise after midnight. I recommend this hostel.

I was made to feel very welcome at this hostel and there is heating in the rooms. Breakfast was fine and the location is good as it's on the way to the hike up to La Garganta del Diablo or Pucara. Good lockers in the rooms and you're given your own key to the rooms. Piping hot water was available too. I'd recommend this hostel.

I had an amazing time at this hostel. Thanks Pablo and Gonzalez

Very nice relaxed atmosphere

I arrived at 4:00 am and the guy working there didn't let me in because the comunity area was "closed", so I had to walk all the way back through the whole (it was freezing cold) village to kill time at a gas station shop drinking coffee until 7:00 am. Bad experience. But that aside, my stay was pretty plesant, Particularly the Breakfast was good.

was the best hostel of our trip

• 15th Jun 2014

Amazing and extremely friendly staff. Went to two parillas during my 3 days there! The best part of this hostel is the balcony upstairs, with a surrounding view of the mountains. Clean bedrooms and bathrooms. Just a few blocks from the plaza. 15 min walk to bus station. The kitchen is very tiny, with few utensils, so it's not the best space for cooking. Wifi is decent. No couches for comfortable lounging. But overall, I had a great time at this hostel and would definitely recommend it!