La Albahaca Hostel Reviews

Padilla entre Ambrosetti y Sarmiento, Pueblo Nuevo, Tilcara, Argentina

It's hard to know what to say about this hostel. It has great potential, for example a nice sunny terrace to sit on. However the kitchen was not useable, there is not really a common area and no where to sit after 11pm, bathroom was not cleaned often, the sheets and towels were handwashed in cold water a tiny sink on the terrace and hung there to dry, and they didn't feel that clean when we used them! Description of the hostel online does not match the reality.

• 13th May 2015

This hostel was great. It's well located on the way to hikes and the archeological site in the city. Best of all was the patio overlooking the city.

• 3rd May 2015

Albahaca Hostel was the perfect place to enjoy Tilcara. The staff is wonderful and helpful. They offer joint dinners with their sister hostel several nights a week for a good chance to meet fellow travelers. Don't miss the breakfast that includes homemade apple jam and fresh squeezed orange juice! You will quickly feel at home and part of the family here. Also - a great location, right between the town center and hiking trails to Garganta Del Diablo, Pucara and Cerro De La Cruz.

Nice hostel, the staff was really friendly and helpful. They were kind enough to wake up earlier to prepare me a breakfast because I had to take the bus early. My only complaint would be that there are only two bathrooms/showers for all the rooms, which is not really practical. And the hostel is situated a little out of the center.

Great staff!we received all information needed.Comfortable!

staff is absolutely lovely and helpful!we had a pizza dinner with all the hostel and another hostel(same owner)and it was great,good people great vibes food and music!the hostel is nice,had clean bathrooms,24h hot shower,and room of 4 is confortable,with safe lockers. breakfast has coffee milk and tea,and bread with jam

We cannot confirm all the positive results. Our room was ok, so the overall value for money was indeed ok. But the shared bathroom was not cleaned once in the 4 days we stayed there. In front of our room there was a very disgusting smell all the time - not sure where it came from. The breakfast: we had definitely better ones in other hostels, but I won‘t complain too much, regarding the cheap price. The staff does not speak any English, so this is definitely a problem if you don't speak Spanish.

This hostel is a magic place!!at the beggining i had to stay only three days, at the end i stayed one week!! The stuff is so welcome and they try always to help you. I felt as if I was at home!It s so clean and they give you the key of the door and of the box so it s really safe. The only negative thing is that I had to leave this place, but I will return, it s a promise!:)

There were some noise issues the first night however we spoke to the manager and he apologised on behalf of the incredibly rude people. The free breakfast is simple but it's very very nice compared to other places.