La Albahaca Hostel Reviews

Padilla entre Ambrosetti y Sarmiento, Pueblo Nuevo, Tilcara, Argentina

This hostel is a magic place!!at the beggining i had to stay only three days, at the end i stayed one week!! The stuff is so welcome and they try always to help you. I felt as if I was at home!It s so clean and they give you the key of the door and of the box so it s really safe. The only negative thing is that I had to leave this place, but I will return, it s a promise!:)

There were some noise issues the first night however we spoke to the manager and he apologised on behalf of the incredibly rude people. The free breakfast is simple but it's very very nice compared to other places.

Be careful: this is not an hostel. This is a family. It could happen like it happened to me: you reserve one night and you end up passing an entire week here. The staff is amazing: shared dinners, interesting talks, suggestions, good music. The place is clean, with a big sunny terrace in the middle of colored hills and stonemade houses. You have your room keys and lockers, a good breakfast served with a smile, hot water guaranteed, just one cigarette away from the main street. I'll come back.

Had a great time staying at Albahaca Hostel. I originally booked for one night and ended up staying for three. Pablo was an amazing host, and upon my arrival sat down with me to help me figure out how to best spend my 3 days in the region. He's also a fabulous musician! Great breakfast, good company and great value for the money.

I loved this hostel! Wonderful, helpful staff, a great breakfast, and some really cute dogs. Definitely stay here; it is a great value.

• 12th Nov 2014

Nice roof terrace for breakfast with a great view. Wonderful staff - the check in was the most comprehensive information I have ever been given at a hostel with info about all the things in the area to do and see.

They should do something against the many flies in the rooms.

• 21st Sep 2014

Really lovely hostel. The space was beautiful, the rooms were clean, and there was a balcony with an amazing view and good places to sit. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The staff was helpful and nice to talk. They just could be more assertive about the hostel rules with one (exceptional) guest that was making too much noise after midnight. I recommend this hostel.

I was made to feel very welcome at this hostel and there is heating in the rooms. Breakfast was fine and the location is good as it's on the way to the hike up to La Garganta del Diablo or Pucara. Good lockers in the rooms and you're given your own key to the rooms. Piping hot water was available too. I'd recommend this hostel.

I had an amazing time at this hostel. Thanks Pablo and Gonzalez

Very nice relaxed atmosphere

I arrived at 4:00 am and the guy working there didn't let me in because the comunity area was "closed", so I had to walk all the way back through the whole (it was freezing cold) village to kill time at a gas station shop drinking coffee until 7:00 am. Bad experience. But that aside, my stay was pretty plesant, Particularly the Breakfast was good.