La Albahaca Hostel Reviews

Padilla entre Ambrosetti y Sarmiento, Pueblo Nuevo, Tilcara, Argentina

The staff was helpful and nice to talk. They just could be more assertive about the hostel rules with one (exceptional) guest that was making too much noise after midnight. I recommend this hostel.

I was made to feel very welcome at this hostel and there is heating in the rooms. Breakfast was fine and the location is good as it's on the way to the hike up to La Garganta del Diablo or Pucara. Good lockers in the rooms and you're given your own key to the rooms. Piping hot water was available too. I'd recommend this hostel.

I had an amazing time at this hostel. Thanks Pablo and Gonzalez

Very nice relaxed atmosphere

I arrived at 4:00 am and the guy working there didn't let me in because the comunity area was "closed", so I had to walk all the way back through the whole (it was freezing cold) village to kill time at a gas station shop drinking coffee until 7:00 am. Bad experience. But that aside, my stay was pretty plesant, Particularly the Breakfast was good.

was the best hostel of our trip

• 15th Jun 2014

Amazing and extremely friendly staff. Went to two parillas during my 3 days there! The best part of this hostel is the balcony upstairs, with a surrounding view of the mountains. Clean bedrooms and bathrooms. Just a few blocks from the plaza. 15 min walk to bus station. The kitchen is very tiny, with few utensils, so it's not the best space for cooking. Wifi is decent. No couches for comfortable lounging. But overall, I had a great time at this hostel and would definitely recommend it!

The staff is really what makes this place. They are all among the most friendly and knowledgable I have ever seen. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Our private room was an entire apartment, complete with balcony and views! The guys here are spectacularly helpful, they really go out of their way to make your stay a good one. Definitely recommend.

Amazing room, amazing view, amazing staff! The owner was nice enough to warm up our room before we arrived and we were fully stocked with warm blankets for the night. Breakfast included a homemade apple jam and the most breathtaking view over the mountains. Overall very hospitable and cozy. Would definitely stay here again.