La Albahaca Hostel Reviews

Padilla entre Ambrosetti y Sarmiento, Pueblo Nuevo, Tilcara, Argentina

Nice hostel, the staff was really friendly and helpful. They were kind enough to wake up earlier to prepare me a breakfast because I had to take the bus early. My only complaint would be that there are only two bathrooms/showers for all the rooms, which is not really practical. And the hostel is situated a little out of the center.

Great staff!we received all information needed.Comfortable!

staff is absolutely lovely and helpful!we had a pizza dinner with all the hostel and another hostel(same owner)and it was great,good people great vibes food and music!the hostel is nice,had clean bathrooms,24h hot shower,and room of 4 is confortable,with safe lockers. breakfast has coffee milk and tea,and bread with jam

We cannot confirm all the positive results. Our room was ok, so the overall value for money was indeed ok. But the shared bathroom was not cleaned once in the 4 days we stayed there. In front of our room there was a very disgusting smell all the time - not sure where it came from. The breakfast: we had definitely better ones in other hostels, but I won‘t complain too much, regarding the cheap price. The staff does not speak any English, so this is definitely a problem if you don't speak Spanish.

This hostel is a magic place!!at the beggining i had to stay only three days, at the end i stayed one week!! The stuff is so welcome and they try always to help you. I felt as if I was at home!It s so clean and they give you the key of the door and of the box so it s really safe. The only negative thing is that I had to leave this place, but I will return, it s a promise!:)

There were some noise issues the first night however we spoke to the manager and he apologised on behalf of the incredibly rude people. The free breakfast is simple but it's very very nice compared to other places.

Be careful: this is not an hostel. This is a family. It could happen like it happened to me: you reserve one night and you end up passing an entire week here. The staff is amazing: shared dinners, interesting talks, suggestions, good music. The place is clean, with a big sunny terrace in the middle of colored hills and stonemade houses. You have your room keys and lockers, a good breakfast served with a smile, hot water guaranteed, just one cigarette away from the main street. I'll come back.

Had a great time staying at Albahaca Hostel. I originally booked for one night and ended up staying for three. Pablo was an amazing host, and upon my arrival sat down with me to help me figure out how to best spend my 3 days in the region. He's also a fabulous musician! Great breakfast, good company and great value for the money.

I loved this hostel! Wonderful, helpful staff, a great breakfast, and some really cute dogs. Definitely stay here; it is a great value.

• 12th Nov 2014