La Bague De Kenza Reviews

19 Derb El Mqaoues El Haffarine Hay Fendeq Lyho, Fez, Morocco

Not my faveourite place to stay in Fez, but still a very good choice. The staff is polite and welcoming, although as a girl I didn't feel 100% at ease with one of the guys working there and his constant attention. The place is very nice and well kept. We didn't have time to visit the Medina, but the location is good, I just wouldn't go around the narrow streets at night. It was a little hard to find, but they usually sedn someone to pick you up from the parking lot. Wifi only worked downstairs.

This was one of the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The location is great, the rooms very nice and comfortable, there is a superb roof terrace with a breathtaking view over the medina, and the staff is very kind and helpful. Highly recommended.

the first hotel i rate with 100%! fantastic location in the middle of fes medina, charming rooms and a calm and sunny terrasse that offers a spectacular view over fes medina. and MOHAMMED was one of the kindest, funniest and most helpful staff member I have ever encountered!!! and all this for 25$!

Our stay here was short, but good. The staff was really accomodating. Someone from the hotel fetched us outside of the medina to lead us to the hotel, and We were offered cookies and mint tea on arrival. The hotel itslf is lovely, with traditional Moroccan style decor, and a nice terrace over looking the city. It is rather difficult to find, and we couldn't locate it using my smartphone gps. They arranged for us to have a guided tour in the morning.

All round really good. I thought the food was expensive compared to other options in the area but otherwise this is a great place to stay and I would definitely recommend it to anybody visiting Fes.

In general very nice hotel in the old madina, but for the dorm maybe the price could be slightly lower when comparing it to the comfort of private rooms. Also, a better description of directions would definitely help. Otherwise no problems, clean bathroom, superb view from the terrace and friendly staff.

La Bague de Kenza is a beautifull riad. Great decoration, installation, sofa, pictures, TV, Air conditioner, terrace, view, etc.... But, I have to tell you that I don't recommend this place at all! Now they put in Hostelworl they don't accept credit cards, but when I made the reserve, they accepted! Rashid (the manager) only wanted CASH. Besides they left me locked at 6 am when I needeed to take a cab! (the reception is not 24 hs). There is no single computer to use there!!! (they say free acces

Sir, we left you the office computer when you asked for it. The Check in is after 12:00 and we let you enter to your room at 10am or 11am. In the morning the man who works here told me that he was awake at 5:30 am to accompany you to take a taxi, so I do not know if it was you who was sleeping or him. We apologize again if you had any problem.

The riad is a beautifully restored old home. Breathtaking views from the terrace, clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff and great facilities. Perfect location too. And the food - amazing! We ate dinner here every night, and it never failed to impress!

This isn't like any ordinary hostel, we stayed on the terrace and with the spectacular weather (coming from London) it was so nice having the sun beam through each morning. The staff, special mention to Rashid, were fantastic and the cooks - my goodness, delicious food - especially the kefta tagine! I would definitely recommend this place.

Beautiful hostel with lovely atmosphere, great roof-terrace and very nice staff!

We were the only people staying at this riad and were basically treated like royalty. They offered us pick up from the bus station, gave us a guide for the first day in fes and recommended a very good restaurant to eat at. The free breakfast was one of the best I've had while traveling and Rashid catered to our every whim during our stay. The terrace was beautiful to eat on and the wifi was also quite strong which is always a bonus!

Beautiful guest house in the medina. A nice walk from Bab Boujeloud and near a lot of sights. There's a nice terrace at the top. The staff was helpful and welcoming. Some of the services such as meals and chicha are a little spendier than normal, but no one was too pushy about it.

I loved this hostel, it really made me feel comfortable and was a great place to relax after a busy day. The staff were fantastic and very helpful.

The hostel overcharged us and when we asked why they said they hadn't updated hostelworld.com yet. Then sfter they had agreed to let us stay all day on the terrace as we had a night train, they told us we had to leave! By then not only were really really annoyed but we'd also missed the earlier train and had to lug our big bags around till 2am. The staff were unsympathetic and despite having only one other room at the time, unhelpful. It was beautifully decorated but i would not go again.

• 26th Mar 2012

La Bague de Kenza is a very nice place to stay. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly most of the time and you have a wonderful view over the Medina from the terrace of the hostel. The only disturbing things are the high additional fees (it seemed like they charge you 100 MAD for anything you need), if you want to eat something, wash your clothes or smoke a water pipe in the hostel.

The hosts were amazing! Such beautiful people and so helpful to us in the hectic medina.

• 2nd Mar 2012

Location on hostelworld map is WRONG. This riad in the heart of the Medina. Very difficult to find. The staff took us to the restaurant suggesting the variety of food and affordable prices, but then everything was for 200 dh! Absolute rip off :/

The hostel itself really matched the character of an imperial city. Unfortunately every hostel in Fez is unproportionately expensive to the rest of Morocco, but for the quality of this hostel, I was surprised it wasn't more expensive. They do have a walking tour of the city for 5 euro, but be warned, it's a SHOPPING tour under the guise of a walking tour. For 4 hours you will get led around to shops and have sales pitches thrown at you. Still a good way to see some cool stuff tho.

I need to mention that I didn't stay in this place in fact. So the rating may not be agreed by some others. However, this reason is that I had my booking for this place. The owner asked me for a higher price even though he knew that I had a booking, He didn't respect the booking and just want to made more money. He refused to let me stay there. It was crazy and terrible that never happened before. The only good happened is that the other staff helped me for another cheap accommodation.

i booked the domestry. when i arrived the staffs said fully booked and i and another girl need to sleep at the living room. the satffs tried to charge us the same pice and blamed it*s the mistakes of hostelworld. but another girl booked fr other website and i know three people have the same problem one night before. besides. i n another girl. two girls. stayed at the living room n a male staff keep asked us to let him in overnightas that room is staffs room. we refused as the sofas are connect

• 29th Dec 2011