La Banda Rooftop Hostel Reviews

C/Dos de Mayo 16, Seville, Spain

An absolute gem! This hostel was a wonderful place to chill out, with delicious dinners (accommodating different dietary requirements) and a laid back bar. The staff namely Ollie, Sam, Tom and Matt were very knowledgeable and passionate. They have taken the best bits of every hostel and more and made it their own. Such a fantastic place I am sure I will be back.

Staff are just awesome. Genuine travellers who actually care about sending you to the best places in the city and cultivating a great hostel atmosphere. Bunks in the dorm I stayed in were more basic than the wooden ones in the pictures but they were fine. Expensive and breakfast is just cereal with toast and jam (no rolls or ham or anything like that) but it's a nice place to stay.

Amazing. Great vibe. Really welcoming and friendly staff. Awesome roof top with excellent cocktails, 1 euro beers, and the best hostel dinners every night for only 6 euro. The best hostel I have stayed at. Thanks!

Great big comfortable bunk beds, good wifi, great location, great kitchen, and aircon - essential. Rooftop dinners were delicious and well worth the money! As were the cocktails. Had a lovely view of the cathedral as well. Couldn't have asked for a better hostel!!!

This was the first hostel I have stayed at so far that I didn't want to leave due to the staff being champions. Starting off with Sam checking you in whilst playing tunes off vinyl, Ricki and Tom cooking you a feast and then Matt up at the bar tossing the coin well past happy hour! In all seriousness the hostel has an amazing vibe and I loved the fact they cook a great dinner for everyone who wants to join, easy to make friends. Also great view from the roof! I want to go back!!

• 22nd Aug 2014

This place was a fun hostel. The rooftop bar gives it sort of a party vibe. Though they provide everything that you need to stay comfortably. They even have cheap dinners (6 euros) and provide free walking tours with ecstatic guides (definitely worth it). The hosts are from the UK and I'm not sure if that has swayed many guest but everyone was almost exclusively an English speaker when I stayed. I didn't really speak any Spanish while there (good or bad depending on your preference).

Awesome hostel... Cannot speak highly enough of it. Great location, very friendly guys running it and great people staying there. Thoroughly recommended.

Stay at this hostel. The rooftop diners are tasty and a great way to meet other travellers. Really nice atmosphere. My only complaint is the lack of female only dorms.

The best staff ever!! They're nice to everyone not just the hot chicks. They add great at cooking. It's a great place to stay and make friends. The walking tour picked us up from the hostel. So great!!!!!!

We wish we had more time there!

• 14th Aug 2014

This is definitely the best hostel I stayed at in Spain! It is amazing what you guys have done in just one year! The atmosphere is so laid-back and makes it a great place to meet other travellers. The rooftop terrace is the perfect place to enjoy the the amazing views of the cathedral and delicious dinners prepared in the hostel . The staff were really friendly and helpful and there were tons of activities available. The free walking tour with Medi and the nights at the Bilindo were excellent!

This is one of the cosiest places I ever stayed! From the moment I walked in I felt that I could live there. The location is excellent, close to the cathedral, the city centre and the main bus station.The hostel is very clean, the rooms aren't very large but they're very quiet and you can have a good night of sleep. Plus, the staff is incredibly helpful, friendly and they care about their guests. They want to get to know you and help having a great travel experience. I absolutely reccomend it!

La Banda is an amazing hostel. The boys really put all of their energy and love into this hostel and that really shows. La Banda feels like home in this world of transient living. Gemma is an absolute gem. They really got lucky with her. She was so sweet and accommodating, she even spent the day riding bicycles with us on her time off. And Sam - not only is he such a cool person, but he's a total babe, too. Would totally date. ;) Overall - it was a really great experience; I'd highly recommend.

The nightly dinner was a great way to meet all the other people staying in the hostel. Staff very friendly and helpful

BEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT. The family dinners are delicious and a great way to bond with fellow travelers. The walking tours with Medi and Felippo are outstanding and all of the staff was super helpful!

• 8th Aug 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in during my whole four month tour of Europe. Staff is friendly and helpful as soon as you walk in the door. Good security - must be buzzed in each time you arrive and there is always someone at reception. AIR CONDITIONING is fantastic in the common area and rooms. OK Wifi except on the roof which doesn't matter cuz you're socialising. Fantastic dinners every night for 6 euro (totally worth it) and basic bread and cereal breakfast. Good bathrooms and kitchen

Amazing hostel met some great people and the staff were really helpful. The family dinners were amazing and super cheap. 100% best hostel in seville and probs in spain!

I really loved this hostel, I stayed here for 6 nights and it was awesome! Loved the family dinners at the rooftop, the food was awesome! It is a good place to meet a lot of awesome people. The location is also great. I did the free walking tour in the morning that was a lot of fun! Would really recommend it, but for the next time it would be nice if there is a break in between the 3 hrs. Also did the free walking tour in the afternoon with phillipo, that was also nice. Pub crawl was ok.

Staying at La Banda is like making love to a beautiful lady while riding a unicorn through a black hole. Except, instead of getting ripped to pieces and potentially being blasted into a parallel universe, you enjoy a very comfortable stay and delightful rooftop dinners. La Banda has been the best hostel I have stayed in during my 2+ months in Europe. Samuel, Ollie, Tom and Richie are all legends and made my stay unforgettable. So good that I'm back again a week later! Four thumbs up.

• 6th Aug 2014

Great place to stay. You can really tell it was made by people who have traveled and they put together a great hostel. View from the rooftop is amazing durring dinner and it's a great place to meet people and have a few drinks-try the oreo thing, it's amazing. It was a great stay, highly reccommend. The staff is great!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7