La Banda Rooftop Hostel Reviews

C/Dos de Mayo 16, Seville, Spain

We loved our stay at La Banda! From the second we walked in the door we fell in love with the place. The decor, the vibes, the staff, the location, the facilities, everything was awesome. Breakfast included, and optional dinner every night. Only downside is there's not individual powerpoints per bed, and others in my dorm kept opening the window which made it super loud for me being right next to the window. Despite this, I'd definitely recommend it to friends!

I loved the staff and the friendly environment! The rooftop bar was fun and a great way to get to know everyone. I would definitely go back again!

• 13th Apr 2015

so cool- go there if you like to socialize, they are so good at not making you feel awkward

Very friendly staff. Very social atmosphere. They are great cooks and it has a great location.

• 11th Apr 2015

I went on a trip through Germany, Ireland, Spain, the Netherlands and Poland - my first international trip - April 1-12. This hostel was the best one I stayed at!!! The quality is like a hotel but the feel is like a hostel. They have a large rooftop deck where you can eat dinner and drink with other people at the hostel every night (they serve a different meal every night). The bathrooms were extremely clean, beds/sheets were super comfy and each had an outlet. I can't say enough good things!

Everyone there is concerned about how things work out for the guests. The accommodations were good for me. I would say... getting the right kind of ventilation in the rooms when the doors are closed and the windows are closed can be a problem. Also, during my travels I saw a yellow light fixture on motion detectors which might work inside the rooms for when someone comes in at night. Also, getting the showers just right so that no water leaks on floors is a definite must.

All the worker are very helpful. The location is very close to everything. you can pay little money to have dinner on the rooftop. They make very good food. I will come back if I visit Seville again. Highly recommend this place.

The atmosphere is the best, staff is great and its close to everything. hats off

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Norway

It was a really nice stay in La Banda. The place has it own uniqueness and the owners were very sympathetic. The only thing that annoyed me was the prohibition of drinking my own beer at night in the rooftop, because they have a bar there... Well, actually Ive been in another hostel that had a bar too but you could drink your own things in the same ambient as the others costumers... Its just a thing they could rethink. In the rest, I recommend very much this hostel! Thanks La Banda!

We had a great stay at La Banda. The hostel is very new and thus all the facilities are very nice. However, note that the first floor rooms have to use the bathroom on the second floor since there is not one on the first. The bathroom is just a short flight of stairs away so it's not really an issue,

Thank you La Banda for an amazing weekend. Couldn´t have been happier with my stay there over your birthday weekend! I love the personalised touch and the fact it was like a small community of like minded people.

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Sevilla! The staff are exceptional and actually take the time to get to know their guests. They create a wonderful atmosphere for travellers at such an affordable price. In a perfect location with fantastic breakfast, you can´t ask for anything more from a hostel!

Amazing stay. Staff was wonderful. Very clean. Great location. Group dinners are really nice. A must stay if you are in Sevilla.

• 12th Mar 2015

Best hostel I've stayed in in Spain so far. Free breakfast and dinners for cheap are a great chance to meet other travelers. The location couldn't be better. The roof terrace was awesome to put your feet up after walking around Seville. The only down fall is that unless you book ensuite, you bathroom is the hostel's easy access bathroom so it's very busy and it causes the awkward hostel shower juggle of all your clothes and toiletries. But that shouldn't deter you from this amazing place!

OMG, I loved this place so much! It is beautiful, hip and modern and the atmosphere everywhere was great! the people working there are exrtremely nice and will help you out with everything. the top terrace overlooking the cathedral is amazing!! and you can have a delicious dinner cooked by the staff up there. it is a wonderful place to meet other travellers and there a lot of organized activities. i super super super recomend it!!

La Banda was definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff were extremely welcoming & friendly as was everyone staying at the hostel. Location was very central. Bathrooms were great, clean with hot water every time. Excellent wifi. Would definitely recommend staying here if you're alone because that's what the hostel seems to be designed for. The meal areas are all positioned in a circle to meet/talk to others. Good breakfast & 6euro dinner ever night- homemade& delicious!

• 5th Mar 2015

Excellent hostel. The staff are very friendly and community dinners are really recommendable.

Can't stay enough good things about La Banda! Great social environment, central location & good wifi! Dinner was amazing and great group culture. Everyone staying there that I met felt the same way. Drinks at their bar are so tasty. Loved my stay and highly recommend everyone to stay here.

La Banda is my favorite hostel in all of Europe after my stay. Being from California, it was very comforting to be in an inviting atmosphere that very much felt like a San Francisco cafe. Everyone was very open and curious, which I loved. Keep doing the dinner for the whole hostel thing because that was an unreal meal with great company. I can't thank you guys enough, and let Andrei know that I'll beat him in a game of chess the next time I'm there.

• 4th Mar 2015

STOP LOOKING and BOOK LA BANDA. I wish I never had to leave. (AHH WHY AM I SITTING AT MY DESK BACK HOME) *bangs head off keyboard* La Banda is one of those life changing hostel experiences. As soon as we walked the entire staff made us feel at home.. Ollie, Sam, Tom, Richie, Chloe, Andy & Martin made our Seville experience one that we will never forget. The breakfast is incredible, family dinners on the rooftop were outstanding and the bar has some amazing cocktails..Stay as long as possible!

• 3rd Mar 2015