La Banda Rooftop Hostel Reviews

C/Dos de Mayo 16, Seville, Spain

Really great stay! Awesome staff, so welcoming and accessible.

• 19th May 2015

May be the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Great location, everything is new and clean, GREAT people running it (Ollie is the most awesome dude ever), yummy dinner served on the rooftop bar that overlooks the cathedral, really hard to find anything to complain about. Met lots of fun new people while hanging out on the roof drinking some beers (only 2 euros a piece). I have no idea when my next trip to Seville will be, but I know I will be staying at La Banda!!!

Great hostel & lovely staff. The room on the top floor is cramped & noisy as a result of the rooftop bar.

The best hostel I have been to over the years. A unique atmosphere in which the staff make sure everyone is having a good time. You wouldn't believe that it is only two years old and it is certainly the ideal place to stay in Seville for anyone looking to meet fellow travellers.

• 15th May 2015

This is the most fantastic hostel that I've stayed in on my journeys abroad. From the location, to the food for the communal meals, to the staff, to the overall atmosphere of La Banda - it was all incredible. Super clean, chill, great place to meet new people. I only stayed for three days but now I wish I definitely stayed longer. Thanks for making me feel "at home" away from home. This is definitely the place to be in Seville and the place I'll rave about to my friends!

• 11th May 2015

This was a solid hostel to stay at. That rooftop terrace is the spot to be chilling at. The staff was friendly.

Very clean, and really felt like a home. Good, family-type setting.

This place is fantastic! Friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, air conditioning, large lockers, an amazing rooftop terraza with a good breakfast included. Very nice!!

• 7th May 2015

We really enjoyed the stay at the hostel especially the decor, comfy beds and free breakfast. Two things we would like improved are the air conditioning -it needs to be better for of people in dorm and also it would be great if guests could have controls and not have to ask staff to turn it on and off. Also our dorm (2) had one bunk too many for the size of the room making it difficult to open storage drawers when others were in room.

Absolutely enjoyed my time at this hostel. I would definitely recommened it to friends and family.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Mexico

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! If you are visiting seville this is the only place you should stay! The hostel was really clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The dinner in the evening is the best food you will eat. The atmosphere they create is just perfect. The rooftop with the view of the cathedral are a perfect setting. Can't recommend this place enough!

• 1st May 2015

Best hostel we've ever stayed at. I don't say this lightly. The staff here are amazing, Sam is the nicest guy in the world, Richie is the drinksmaster, Chloe is one of the funniest people I've ever met and the eggs for breakfast were some of the best we've ever had. The hostel is clean, facilities are great, rooftop atmosphere in the evening is incredible and it is in an amazing location. Was actually sad leaving.

La Banda was amazing! Dinners on the rooftop were delicious and also a great way to meet travelers, and the drinks from the bar were delicious. All of the staff is extremely helpful. The best hostel I've stayed at, I wish I could have stayed longer! The only weird thing was the walking tour guide (who does not work at the hostel). He kept making fun of Sevilla natives, which came off a little disrespectful.

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooftop has an amazing view and is a great place to hang out, plus that's where the DELICIOUS 6€ dinners and free breakfasts are served as well as a bar with plenty of creative drink options. Richie and Georgia make the effort to learn everyone's name and really make you feel at home. Great place to meet people, quickly access the sights, and just enjoy your time in Sevilla.

There isn't much I can say that other people haven't said. All I will tell you is this: STAY AT THIS HOSTEL. DO IT. Every aspect is fantastic. The community is unbelievable. The reason is because of the owners and their absolute dedication to creating a positive hostel experience. If you can stay at this hostel, I recommend it 100%.

Loved it here. Great atmosphere, amazing meals on the rooftop, super comfy beds, always clean, best location. Staff was friendly and always around to help. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. Has everything and more that you could ask for in a hostel. Would recommend to everyone!

I absolutely loved La Banda. The hostel is owned by 4 friends and they run the place along with some additional staff, but it feels very professionally run, and the personal time and care investment by the friend-owners makes the place feel more... personal! My favorite thing was that they make a homemade meal in the evenings and when I was there it seemed like everyone bought the meal and ate together at the table. I made most of my friends in Seville from the dinners and from the bar at night!

A very nice-clean-well organized-friendly staff hostel. I've had great days at La Banda. Great staff and rooftop bar. If I go to Sevilla again, I will be at La Banda. I mentione also the very good and informative free-walking-tour that I did with Filippo, that explain us a lot of Sevillan history.

The hostel is very well located, the city is safe and you can walk almost everywhere. Its a three store building, has a grwat rooftop overlooking the cathedral. They usually have family dinners where u get to know the staff and travelers, and make good friends. The guys were so nice, so helpfull and always available. I had such an awesome time that i'd rather sleep in a couch than change hostels.

I've been traveling through Europe for almost two months now and this was easily the best hostel I've stayed at! Excellent service, and an amazing atmosphere. Definitely make sure you try the home-cooked dinners, they're fantastic!

• 21st Apr 2015