La Banda Rooftop Hostel Reviews

C/Dos de Mayo 16, Seville, Spain

An absolute gem! This hostel was a wonderful place to chill out, with delicious dinners (accommodating different dietary requirements) and a laid back bar. The staff namely Ollie, Sam, Tom and Matt were very knowledgeable and passionate. They have taken the best bits of every hostel and more and made it their own. Such a fantastic place I am sure I will be back.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel and would always come back.

• 27th Aug 2014

La Banda is probably the best hostel.I've stayed in and I don't have a single bad word to say against it. The rooms are nice, the rooftop bar has the most amazing view and everything is spotless. Most importantly the guys have created a perfectly relaxed and friendly atmosphere that seriously makes you never want to leave. Can't wait to go back!!

Staff are just awesome. Genuine travellers who actually care about sending you to the best places in the city and cultivating a great hostel atmosphere. Bunks in the dorm I stayed in were more basic than the wooden ones in the pictures but they were fine. Expensive and breakfast is just cereal with toast and jam (no rolls or ham or anything like that) but it's a nice place to stay.

One of my favorite hostels I have ever stayed in, the hosts were super friendly and the family dinners at night provided for a great opportunity to meet everyone else that was staying. Had I not already booked a flight for another country, I would have loved to stay In Sevilla - and at this hostel - for longer. Very clean facilities, great A/C, great food. Shout out to Medi, the tour guide! Everyone was exhausted due to the heat but he was so energetic and made the tour fun! :)

• 26th Aug 2014

La Banda was an awesome experience. The guys that own the place are incredibly nice, resourceful and all around great fun! As a solo traveler, their Family Dinner's were a great way to meet other people, it was also some of the most delicious food I've eaten on my trip!! The only "problem" I had with this hostel is the staff (excluding the owners), the barman and other girl working there seemed prideful and weren't very friendly. I would still 100% recommend this hostel!! You won't regret it!

Does it get better than La Banda in terms of hostel experience? I think it doesn't.

Amazing. Great vibe. Really welcoming and friendly staff. Awesome roof top with excellent cocktails, 1 euro beers, and the best hostel dinners every night for only 6 euro. The best hostel I have stayed at. Thanks!

La Banda is awesome. I have visited a few times now and wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting Seville. The hostel is clean, comfortable and secure which provides the perfect place to socialise, meet people and explore the beautiful city. The rooftop dinners are always tasty (highly recommended) and the bar on the roof in the evenings serves cold drinks at reasonable prices. If you want to make a bunch of new friends and have a great time while doing it then La Banda is for you.

Great big comfortable bunk beds, good wifi, great location, great kitchen, and aircon - essential. Rooftop dinners were delicious and well worth the money! As were the cocktails. Had a lovely view of the cathedral as well. Couldn't have asked for a better hostel!!!

This was the first hostel I have stayed at so far that I didn't want to leave due to the staff being champions. Starting off with Sam checking you in whilst playing tunes off vinyl, Ricki and Tom cooking you a feast and then Matt up at the bar tossing the coin well past happy hour! In all seriousness the hostel has an amazing vibe and I loved the fact they cook a great dinner for everyone who wants to join, easy to make friends. Also great view from the roof! I want to go back!!

• 22nd Aug 2014

This place was a fun hostel. The rooftop bar gives it sort of a party vibe. Though they provide everything that you need to stay comfortably. They even have cheap dinners (6 euros) and provide free walking tours with ecstatic guides (definitely worth it). The hosts are from the UK and I'm not sure if that has swayed many guest but everyone was almost exclusively an English speaker when I stayed. I didn't really speak any Spanish while there (good or bad depending on your preference).

Awesome hostel... Cannot speak highly enough of it. Great location, very friendly guys running it and great people staying there. Thoroughly recommended.

Stay at this hostel. The rooftop diners are tasty and a great way to meet other travellers. Really nice atmosphere. My only complaint is the lack of female only dorms.

The best staff ever!! They're nice to everyone not just the hot chicks. They add great at cooking. It's a great place to stay and make friends. The walking tour picked us up from the hostel. So great!!!!!!

La Banda is a great hostel! Everything you need, good location, clean, and friendly staff. Shout out to Mehdi-- he's an amazing tour guide and human being.

We wish we had more time there!

• 14th Aug 2014

This is definitely the best hostel I stayed at in Spain! It is amazing what you guys have done in just one year! The atmosphere is so laid-back and makes it a great place to meet other travellers. The rooftop terrace is the perfect place to enjoy the the amazing views of the cathedral and delicious dinners prepared in the hostel . The staff were really friendly and helpful and there were tons of activities available. The free walking tour with Medi and the nights at the Bilindo were excellent!

This is one of the cosiest places I ever stayed! From the moment I walked in I felt that I could live there. The location is excellent, close to the cathedral, the city centre and the main bus station.The hostel is very clean, the rooms aren't very large but they're very quiet and you can have a good night of sleep. Plus, the staff is incredibly helpful, friendly and they care about their guests. They want to get to know you and help having a great travel experience. I absolutely reccomend it!

The nightly dinner was a great way to meet all the other people staying in the hostel. Staff very friendly and helpful