La Banda Rooftop Hostel Reviews

C/Dos de Mayo 16, Seville, Spain

Had a fantastic time at La Banda! The dinners were wonderful and had a great waking tour with Medi! Would highly recommend for solo travellers

These guys are awesome. Amazing staff, programing and great location. Please remember, there is a reason this hostel was ranked one of the best hostels in Spain... Go and see for yourself! Next time I am back, I am definitely returning to this hostel and will be recommending to all my friends traveling through southern Spain.

• 23rd Jan 2015

The location is great, just minutes from the cathedral and shops / restaurants. Staff was nice and helpful. They organise activities like free walking tour, pub crawl and family dinners. I did the walking tour with Medi , was absolutely brilliant, lots of information and history but in a humorous manner. Family rooftop dinners were delicious as were the drinks served at the bar. The room was a bit small for 6 people but the bathroom was very spacious. I would recommend this hostel.

This hostel was alright with the Lisbon Home Hostel getting such a high rating here I had high expectations. They were friendly enough but I went to visit some friends at a neighboring hostel the cost was less, dinner was cheaper and there was a cooking lesson, drinks were less and they had more communal areas. The room was quite cramped also with six people and all our stuff. Really accommodating staff who were always willing to help and they had great communal dinners.

Hey , thanks a lot for the review. We understand your points on prices, here at La Banda, we like to offer a high quality product for our guests, with unbeatable location and as many things included as possible, we offer all of this for the best possible price that we can. We are currently working on many upgrades to our rooms, so we hope that you will be able to come back and see the changes soon! Apart from that safe travels amigo!

Wasn't a bad hostel - but it did lack a few things. The only option was to pay for the dinner they made, there was no kitchen (unless there was one they didn't tell me about), and the breakfast was really early. It was harder to go out with people here as they only ran pub crawls half the week and then only if you asked them for it. Not as good as other hostels I've stayed at, and the guys running it were nice but didn't seem to care about chatting and making people feel comfortable.

Hey there! Thanks for the review! Sorry to hear your feelings about our family dinner, it is so important to us as we love getting all our guests together every night! There is no pressure to join us though, we actually do have a huge guest kitchen that you must have missed, we will point it out at check in from now on. Our whole vibe at La Banda is based on community, and we as staff really try to join with the guests, sorry that you did not feel that way we will double our efforts from now on!

Wonderful staff and atmosphere, they were very helpful and welcoming. The dinners were awesome and the rooftop bar is a great place to socialize.

• 18th Jan 2015

Stay at this hostel. No, really. The dinners every night are for only €6- the least expensive and, more importantly, most delicious meal you will find in Sevilla. The staff are extremely helpful and can recommend anything, from a flamenco show to bike rentals to tapas places and beyond. From the roof you can see the Cathedral in one direction and the canal in the other. As a college student traveling alone, I felt safe and at home. Very easy to make friends, and I cannot recommend highly enough!

This hostel was so wonderful! I would definitely recommend the family dinner because after a few weeks of traveling alone, it was great to eat a big meal with a bunch of other travelers and play games afterwards. It felt like summer camp! The hostel is very nice with new beds and wonderful bathrooms in the 4-person rooms. The breakfast is delicious and they have lots of goodies for sale too! The staff is super helpful and super friendly as well. I would love to go back!

• 14th Jan 2015

The best hostel i ve ever been. Awesome people and great location

• 14th Jan 2015

Without a doubt, 100%! Great, great hostel! Very clean, wifi works everywhere. And the family dinners on the rooftop are superb! The guys did a great job with this place... I will definitely be back! Loved the atmosphere and the people!

Staff was excellent. The hostel was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

This place has it all. From the very cool layout to the friendly knowledgable staff to the delicious and fun family dinners, La Banda shows you the best of Seville at a home away from home. Comfortable beds, good security lockers, plenty of powerpoints, hot showers, free breakfast- everything a traveller could want and need.

The staff was more than accommodating. The atmosphere was truly terrific and the family dinner is awesome! After nearly 20 hours of traveling, my stay at La Banda was all I could have hoped for. I couldn't have asked for a better stay for my first two days in Europe and I was almost sad to leave!

• 12th Jan 2015

Everything was spot on. Very friendly staff. The location is very good as well (can be tricky finding it the first time).

Excellent time at La Banda. Breakfast was great with coffee and tea served all day. Excellent social atmosphere with a rooftop that has a beautiful view of the cathedral.

Everything was perfect. Thank you very much for the hospitality and the tips. Have a good year.

Simply the best hostel I've ever set a foot in. The most friendly staff you could find, plenty of activities proposed on a board (you *have* to try the tip-based walking tour with the fabulous guide, Mehdi!!). The 6€ dinner is a great way to meet lots of great people from different backgrounds and cultures. Rooms are ok, clean and functional, it's always a plus to have a bathroom per room. Don't forget your earplugs just in case, though, the rooftop friendliness has its drawbacks!

This hostel does a great job with decorating the hostel, creating a great environment, and having friendly and helpful staff. It's a great place for single backpackers to meet new people. Highly recommended!

Cool place to stay!!

Great hostel, the city is rather small so this is within walking distance to all attractions. This hostel had the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The rooftop bar is amazing and great for socializing. The 6 euro dinner every night is great value for money and is delicious!!! Highly recommend.

• 6th Jan 2015