La Bicicleta Reviews

Palguin 361, Pucon, Chile

Laid back Jose and bro. In quirky wooden house. Abit noisy at night but good atmosphere. Very welcoming. Two dogs. They have netflix and play station which was a bonus. I liked it.

We had a great time at la bicileta. It's in a great location and has a big upstairs deck to sit and have a drink. Jose was fantastic spoke great English and was very helpful. He also cooked up an amazing bbq one night too. Definitely recommend.

• 25th Mar 2014

Jose is a great host and helped make our stay most delightful. The warmth and friendliness of him and the folks that are working there and guesting there was very special and a joy to experience, Highly recommended for sure!

Reminded me of an alpine lodge. Very helpful and friendly staff and a great breakfast. Bathrooms in need of a little maintenance and walls very thin so can hear unthoughtful guests stomping down corridor . Currently has a lovely puppy to keep you amused. Overall enjoyed the stay and hostel is very central to everything.

Good location with a good view of the volcano on a terrace. Certain staff members were very helpful. Others seemed to consider the guests as an inconvenience in their home. The hotel could be a lot better but for some important details, in particular the absence of a kitchen for guests' use. This hostel needs to work out what it is, a family home, a hostel or a restaurant/bar, as it's not doing any of them quite right at the moment.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Needs maintenance. Doors/windows didn't close to outside, bathrooms moldy, showers/toilet in need of repair (only 2 bathrooms for whole hostel). Small rooms with not enough storage when room is fully occupied. Some staff were really good/helpful, others were not. No access to kitchen.

All good, pretty good i would say, the 1000 pesos draught beer and the food is magic on the front restaurant, common rooms are nice and comfy they even got a copule of dogs to make you feel at home. The only recomendatiom I would hice to la bicicleta is that the staff should offer and keep the hosts informed 'bout the tours and activities they've got it isn't enough with blackboard at the restaurant.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Chile

nice hostel, the floor makes a lot of noise when stepping on it. part of the staff is very nice and helpful, and some isn't. there were too many time there was no staff member around at all. there is a problem with the kitchen, you are not allways allowed to use it.

This was a really simple but nice place to stay. Location is pretty central. Awesome lounge areas and balcony! I shared a three-bed dorm and it was super, super basic: a room with a bunk and a pull-out on the floor. Would have been nice to have something more of a room, at least maybe a table in there, but it was fine. Staff were friendly and attentive when asked for anything. Many activities on offer, which is normal for Pucon. Price felt a tad high, but it was an enjoyable stay with warm feel.

Jose (owner and manager) and his brother Andreas were fantastic hosts and took time to chat with us and give recommendations etc (ie go to La Maga for the most incredible streak in our 5 weeks)Jose even gave us a bottle of vino and drove us to the bus terminal as it was raining slightly. The room was great (private with ensuite) and common rooms were very spacious and comfy. Excellent location to lake/town etc. We definitely recommend This hostel and town for some downtime (and a volcano hike).

My room was a little wooden box, absolutely horrible. Not impressed by the staff one bit.

Staying at La Bicicleta was a blast. The location is wonderful, close to everything. The owner Jose is so sweet and helpful. The bathrooms and bedrooms are very clean. They sell a wonderfull breakfast for 3.000 pesos and a wonderful lunch too. I loved the restaurant and the hostel atmosphere. The only thing I missed was a fan, cause in the summer the days can get too hot, but just the days. The nights are always cool.

• 16th Dec 2013

My stay at La Bicicleta was really nice. Jose's family is very helpful and friendly. I feel like I was at home. Moreover, as it was my birthday, they surprised me with a big chocolate cake and sang birthday song. Definitely recommend this place to anyone.

nice hostel with really nice host! helps you a lot to plan what you can do there and in the region. would stay there again

La Bicicleta is a great place to stay! It is absolutely clean, quiet and authentic with excellent breakfast. It is very centrally located in Pucon and in walking distance to anything and anywhere. José is an amazing host, extremely friendly and helpful! It felt like home away from home. We had an excellent experience and really enjoyed our time here! Highly recommended and any time again!

• 16th Nov 2013

Genuinely can't fault anything with this hostel! Had an amazing few days, even ended up staying extra, and didn't want to leave! Feel like part of the family straight away and so at ease! The fruit breakfast is incredible and Jose is a dream! Pucon is a beautiful place and La Bicicleta is just perfection to it! Go stay now! Well be back for sure!

I had an amazing time at La Bicicleta in Púcon. I had some apprehension about traveling alone as a woman, but the staff and other guests at La Bicicleta made me feel right at home. They even made recommendations and helped me plan activities for the entire weekend. Hostel owner, Jose speaks english very well and was so nice and helpful. He even drove me and some other guests to the hot springs one rainy afternoon, when we had nothing else to do. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone in Púcon

• 8th Nov 2013

A great hostel, friendly staff with good knowledge of the local area and Chile. Jose is the perfect host and the breakfasts are delicious.

We stayed at La Bicicleta for 10 nights and had such a great time we did not want to leave. Jose the host is great fun, very knowledgable about the area and things to to in Pucon. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, and there is a constant supply of hot water. If you are in Pucon I would highly recommend staying here.

Jose is the most gracious and welcoming host you can ask for in Pucon. He's very willing to help you book day trips, recommend restaurants, and is great to chat with about Chile and life. The hostel is right off the main street with restaurants and bars and a short walk down to the beach.

• 4th Nov 2013