La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

The best hostel than ever! Really party atmosphere! Really nice people, from reception and mainly in the bar, Jay and Santi are legends! Perfect structure..

Great hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The place has a big roof with plenty of hammocks, chairs and shade. At night the bar scene is pumping. They also have a really good menu at the bar. Great location and good place to meet fellow travelers.

• 7th Nov 2014

Really awesome amenities and value for the price - pool and rooftop were awesome!

What can I say.. What an awesome place! Great atmosphere, excellent staff

Keeping in mind that this is a party hostel, that music will be loud every night until around 1am, that people in your room in come into the room drunk in the middle of the night, this is an excellent hostel. Bathrooms are cleaned regularly throughout the day, there are safety boxes in each room for your valuables. Great rooftop bar with hammocks. Great TV room. The only thing I'd complain about is that most of the food they sell is of the American junk food type.

One of the best and most fun hostels I've stayed at! The people at reception were helpful and informative from the get go, from checkin to providing info on things to see and place to visit during our stay. The facilities were clean and they offered plenty of bathrooms/showers. The food was good and affordable. The bar scene (esp the infamous wheel) made the hostel that much more lively and entertaining, thanks to the the bar staff that made the experience! Thanks for an unforgettable stay!!

Best place I've stayes in all of Colombia. Worth going to Santa Marta just for this place! Super social, amazing friendly staff who are all volunteers backpacking. Can't recommend it enough!

Best hostel we have stayed in. Ever. Staff were awesome and we had a blast! We would definitely go back!

This hostel was such a great place to stay. Everyone felt like family by the time we left. Staff were amazing. It was a little bit of a party hostel but quiet enough at night and honestly we had so much fun in the lounge it should be illegal. Stay here. Won't regret it.

Great party hostel, good facilities to chill hangout in. Friendly staff. Bar and food are good value. Major negative don't use the laundry service, overpriced and clothes returned damp and not fresh.

Probably the best hostel i've stayed at in South America. The staff were incredible. After 6 days there it felt like i was leaving my family behind. Clean facilities and a comfortable bed. Definitely recommend getting an A/C room. It can be a party hostel or you can just chill out there. Great location too. Rooftop parties on a Saturday night are a must!!

I had a great time there!!! awesome atmosphere!!!!

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Very nice hostel I had a great time with all the people who was staying at this place... There is a rooftop and bar in the second level which is so nice and crazy party lol... If u really wanna have an awesome time this is the place.

The facilities were great - the bar was awesome and the showers were amazing. The atmosphere is great to meet other travelers. The only issue we had was that the driver the hostel had arranged to drive us to Parque Tayrona was not legitimate and was reprimanded by the police while enroute thus leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere. When we finally made our way back to the hostel, the staff on hand was less than apologetic and tried to blame us for the whole entire ordeal = Not impressed.

Amazing place. Couldn't stay away ended up coming back 3 times. Santi is THE MAN! All the staff is super friendly and will make sure you have the absolute best time possible. Anyone headed to Santa Marta and wants to have some crazy nights with some awesome people La Brisa Loca is the place to stay!

Roof top terrace is great. The terrible music and microphone voice overs of volunteer bar staff while playing games like spin the wheel : "mangina" or "tits" (classy eh) Is not so great if you want sleep around 1am. Go to this hostel if you want to party and there is also a pool. Do not go to this hostel if you want help with anything like tours.

Beautiful building, great location, really fun atmosphere, but if you're trying to get sleep on a Saturday night, best to try someplace else. Party hostel by every definition.

A really relaxed hostel, but make sure to book a room with ac!!The bar, the pool and the rooftop area are great. I spend almost a whole day in the hammocks enjoying life. At night it could be a bit loud because the bar is aöways full with laughter and fun. It couldnt be easier to meet people in this hostel!!!

Staff are not good. You will wait at the bar for up to 10 minutes while both bartenders look at Facebook... Not much better at the reception desk, the lady who processd my checkout was rude and embarrassed me in front of other guests. Hostel is good fun but just go in with low standards for staff and cleanliness. We stayed in a dorm and the beds are disgusting, I used my sleeping bag!

I usually try and avoid the 'party' hostels, but this seemed to have a good mix between the two. Great fun in the bar in the evening but easy to sleep if you want too. Swimming pool is amazing as Santa Marta is HOT! Food and breakfast in the hostel isn't free, but it's pretty cheap and really good quality. Would've like to have stayed for a weekend!;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3