La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

Excellent place

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Nice hostel with a beautiful roof terrace. You can chill there all night. The bar has an amazing good menu for a hostel and the food is delicious. Wifi is a bit crappy, but that's probably because it's a big hostel. Would recommend it if you want to stay in the city centre.

So nice hostel!! The environment it's amazing and the 4 beds room is so comfortable!!

A really great, clean and fun party hostel. Lots of room to hang out, nice reasonably priced food and the rooftop party on Friday and Saturday is good times

La Brisa Loca is a party hostel. This place is great. The staff is insanely helpful and funny and witty. Stay here for a good time, nevermind the lame-wads givin this place a bad review.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel with awesome weekend parties, the staff are all really cool too. They should definitely be recognised more than they are by the employers/owners. Showers, swimming pool, rooftop and TV room all awesome- would definitely recommend it!! One thing I would mention is to be wary of setting up the tabs they offer you to do at the bar. They rack up, especially once you've had a few drinks and it becomes too easy to simply stick it on your bill. Also I found that there was drinks on mine

I liked the place, but it was too noisy. I only reccomend it for people that want to party.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

Heard good reviews about the place... Booked in for a week, left after 2 days, maybe i was there at a bad time but not a good hostel in my eyes

The staf is not gentle. Matress are too soft and dirty. Have coucorouches. The place is not so clean food is not so good. Rooms are too hot not sovmuch air or light not very clean

• 28th May 2015
  • Colombia

This hostel is geared up to party. It's in an incredible layout with everything you could want in a perfect party hostel. Do not get a private room on a Friday or Saturday night if you intend to 'catch up on sleep' - the weekly rooftop party is basically in your beautiful bedroom. Lots of fun if you are in a sociable mood. One of those towns where you end up living in the hostel as not much else going on.

Definitely a party hostel - bring your drinking cap, and enjoy the superior amenities!

Favorite hostel I have stayed at! Staff was incredibly helpful and helped us through flight issues as well. Great accommodations- nice bar on top, some workout stuff, and they throw a wicked party. Only regret is not staying here longer! Couldn't recommend more.

Awesome hostel but not if you want to sleep. Trashy clientele

• 16th May 2015

CONS: 1.) My laundry wasn't ready on time which messed up my night. 2.) I had a private room but the shower didn't work. Some shared showers were also broken. I asked for refund of difference between private and shared bath but they refused.. 3.) Bar closed early 4.) Shuttle to cartagena came 90 mins late PROS: 1.) Girl at desk organized a shared taxi with me and other guests. Saved me time and money. 2.) Building was cool. Others have had better experiences. Might have been bad luck

• 13th May 2015

It's a party hostel. EDM bumping until 4am. Staff isn't very friendly. My least favorite hostel in my one month traveling around Colombia

The best located hostel in Santa Marta, huge bar, massive TV room and an amazing rooftop terrace with hammocks and beds to chill out in. The terrace has its own bar also which is open on weekends. The best party hostel I have ever stayed at, get in and spin the wheel!!

• 7th May 2015

The staff at the reception was unfriedly and rude. They were too busy talking and texting to help. Sheets and especially towels were unbelievable dirty and when we went to get new ones they had an attitude about it. The new ones we got weren't even cleaner. They played extremely loud music even though there were like five people in the bar, which was unnecessary and made it hard to sleep. Room wasn't cleaned very well and there were lots of buggars on the wall and stuff under the beds.

Highly recommended, right in the middle of town & a great atmosphere, you won't want to leave the hostel!

I have stayed at this hostel a couple of times. It is best on Saturday nights but still fun the other nights. The volunteers in the bar are great! I stored my bag here in between trips to Minca, Tayrona, and Palomino. I always managed to find my way back here on a Saturday for the rooftop parties. The movie room has over 300 movies. The pool is super relaxing if you just want to chill. The food is delicious. The California burrito for breakfast and the buffalo chicken sandwich for dinner!

I've been in several hostels in the world and La Brisa Loca is one of the best!...Perfect match with the beauty of Santa Marta! You can get good drinks, maybe a good party and the pleasant "brisa" in the rooftop. I'll come back for more!

• 11th Apr 2015