La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

CONS: 1.) My laundry wasn't ready on time which messed up my night. 2.) I had a private room but the shower didn't work. Some shared showers were also broken. I asked for refund of difference between private and shared bath but they refused.. 3.) Bar closed early 4.) Shuttle to cartagena came 90 mins late PROS: 1.) Girl at desk organized a shared taxi with me and other guests. Saved me time and money. 2.) Building was cool. Others have had better experiences. Might have been bad luck

• 13th May 2015

The best located hostel in Santa Marta, huge bar, massive TV room and an amazing rooftop terrace with hammocks and beds to chill out in. The terrace has its own bar also which is open on weekends. The best party hostel I have ever stayed at, get in and spin the wheel!!

• 7th May 2015

The staff at the reception was unfriedly and rude. They were too busy talking and texting to help. Sheets and especially towels were unbelievable dirty and when we went to get new ones they had an attitude about it. The new ones we got weren't even cleaner. They played extremely loud music even though there were like five people in the bar, which was unnecessary and made it hard to sleep. Room wasn't cleaned very well and there were lots of buggars on the wall and stuff under the beds.

Highly recommended, right in the middle of town & a great atmosphere, you won't want to leave the hostel!

I have stayed at this hostel a couple of times. It is best on Saturday nights but still fun the other nights. The volunteers in the bar are great! I stored my bag here in between trips to Minca, Tayrona, and Palomino. I always managed to find my way back here on a Saturday for the rooftop parties. The movie room has over 300 movies. The pool is super relaxing if you just want to chill. The food is delicious. The California burrito for breakfast and the buffalo chicken sandwich for dinner!

I've been in several hostels in the world and La Brisa Loca is one of the best!...Perfect match with the beauty of Santa Marta! You can get good drinks, maybe a good party and the pleasant "brisa" in the rooftop. I'll come back for more!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

perfekt hostel

The prices, the food, the cleanliness were all pretty good, but the best part was definitely the atmosphere and the staff. Crazy parties, good music and amazing people staying there, I have good memories from La Brisa Loca that I'd definitely like to repeat whenever I go back to Santa Marta.

Best hostel ever, nice staff, awesome building, food, and the parties are great too! Just a little noise, but for me it's not a problem...

Beautiful lobby area and roofdeck for parties, amazing location, really not great staff and dirty / loud

The place is great, that rooftop is amazing and the people in the front desk were really helpful. I highly recommend this hostel !

This place is loud. In addition to music playing into the wee hours, the guests were really inconsiderate. Both nights I stayed, pre- and post-Lost City, guys came back at 3 or 4 in the morning, turning on the lights and talking at full volume. Positives were the welcome beer, laundry service, luggage storage, and the honest staff. They held onto my wallet when I left it laying on their counter. But they also tended to give one-word responses.

Hostel staff will go the extra mile although the reception could do with greater numbers on the desk for the busy periods. Gorgeous pool and excellent rooftop area. Nice food and bar area too. Overall the building is really impressive. Definitely worth using this place as a base to visit the coastline.

Only stay here if you want to party as every night as the music PUMPS until 2-3am. There are speakers outside the rooms and it literally feels like you are sleeping in the middle of a club Location is good, food is cheap and the place is reasonably clean. Staff aren't that friendly for some reason and they seem bored and frustrated when you ask for their help. Honestly, only stay here if you want to stay in a hostel made for zombies where everyone sleeps all day and comes out to party all night.

There are not hot showers. The kitchen is extremely dirty and badly equiped, and there are cockroaches everywhere. The staff during the day are the least friendly I've met compared to all other hostels I've been to in the other 15 countries I've visited in Latin- America. We were lied to twice about the diving possibilities in Taganga, apparently so we would chose to go diving through the hostel. The evening staff on the other hand was nice. We would not stay there again.

What a great place. The atmosphere here is amazing and it really feels like a home away from home. Staff are fantastic and go out of their way to help. Large variety of meal choices on the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you wish to order something. Otherwise it's extremely close to a great little strip where there are some wonderful restaurants. The facilities are more than adequate and the rooftop is divine. We enjoyed staying so much, we have booked another visit here.

Amazing place, you must stay here!

Great atmosphere for a party, and the hostel is always full of travelers to meet. Food can be purchased for an average price at the bar, and there is a pool, TV room and a lovely roof terrace. The location is great - right by the sea, the market, the restaurants and the bus station. There is wifi and electric safes in the rooms with chargers. However, some of the staff are not the friendliest, the kitchen is very ill equiped and the roof parties all shut down at only 2 AM

Everything was perfect. The party, the food/drinks and the room/bathroom. People working there are so nice!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Great hostel for a party hostel! It's clean, secure and has a great atmosphere. It's also a great base for visiting other parts of North Colombia like Tyrona. The staff were very helpful but the kitchen is limited if you like to cook your own food.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4