La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

perfekt hostel

The prices, the food, the cleanliness were all pretty good, but the best part was definitely the atmosphere and the staff. Crazy parties, good music and amazing people staying there, I have good memories from La Brisa Loca that I'd definitely like to repeat whenever I go back to Santa Marta.

Best hostel ever, nice staff, awesome building, food, and the parties are great too! Just a little noise, but for me it's not a problem...

Beautiful lobby area and roofdeck for parties, amazing location, really not great staff and dirty / loud

The place is great, that rooftop is amazing and the people in the front desk were really helpful. I highly recommend this hostel !

This place is loud. In addition to music playing into the wee hours, the guests were really inconsiderate. Both nights I stayed, pre- and post-Lost City, guys came back at 3 or 4 in the morning, turning on the lights and talking at full volume. Positives were the welcome beer, laundry service, luggage storage, and the honest staff. They held onto my wallet when I left it laying on their counter. But they also tended to give one-word responses.

Hostel staff will go the extra mile although the reception could do with greater numbers on the desk for the busy periods. Gorgeous pool and excellent rooftop area. Nice food and bar area too. Overall the building is really impressive. Definitely worth using this place as a base to visit the coastline.

Only stay here if you want to party as every night as the music PUMPS until 2-3am. There are speakers outside the rooms and it literally feels like you are sleeping in the middle of a club Location is good, food is cheap and the place is reasonably clean. Staff aren't that friendly for some reason and they seem bored and frustrated when you ask for their help. Honestly, only stay here if you want to stay in a hostel made for zombies where everyone sleeps all day and comes out to party all night.

There are not hot showers. The kitchen is extremely dirty and badly equiped, and there are cockroaches everywhere. The staff during the day are the least friendly I've met compared to all other hostels I've been to in the other 15 countries I've visited in Latin- America. We were lied to twice about the diving possibilities in Taganga, apparently so we would chose to go diving through the hostel. The evening staff on the other hand was nice. We would not stay there again.

What a great place. The atmosphere here is amazing and it really feels like a home away from home. Staff are fantastic and go out of their way to help. Large variety of meal choices on the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you wish to order something. Otherwise it's extremely close to a great little strip where there are some wonderful restaurants. The facilities are more than adequate and the rooftop is divine. We enjoyed staying so much, we have booked another visit here.

Amazing place, you must stay here!

Great atmosphere for a party, and the hostel is always full of travelers to meet. Food can be purchased for an average price at the bar, and there is a pool, TV room and a lovely roof terrace. The location is great - right by the sea, the market, the restaurants and the bus station. There is wifi and electric safes in the rooms with chargers. However, some of the staff are not the friendliest, the kitchen is very ill equiped and the roof parties all shut down at only 2 AM

Everything was perfect. The party, the food/drinks and the room/bathroom. People working there are so nice!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Great hostel for a party hostel! It's clean, secure and has a great atmosphere. It's also a great base for visiting other parts of North Colombia like Tyrona. The staff were very helpful but the kitchen is limited if you like to cook your own food.

Great staff, food is really good in both quality and value. No kitchen though. Pool and roof top terrace are great. Spin that wheel!!

We stayed here before and after we vistited Minca, Tayrona and Palomino. We left our big Luggage in the storage room: tip if you plan on doing this trip. The rooms were a bit small, but the showers and toilets were very clean. The roofterrace is very big, too bad the pool is not there but on the ground floor. The first night the crowd was a bit young but the second stay it was different. The food in the bar is really good with nice bread.

Very loud and rowdy (hard to sleep at night with so much music and noise) but fun. Amazing food and good drinks.

The staff on the reception, people from there (Santa Martha) are the most rude and unkind staff ive ever met at a hostel. Volunteers are great people even when they dont know a single word of spanish, at a hostel in COLOMBIA. Ive been twice at la brisa loca, 2013 and 2015 and the staff on the reception (3 of the 4 people in there) really are getting worst with the service, i dont think i could get back there or recommend the hostel to my backpackers friends.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

I stayed at la Brisca loca for one night and wished I could have stayed longer. The facilities are great (really good, big showers!) and the bar and food served is also very good. I stayed on a Saturday night and there was an excellent rooftop party going on. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. I recommend this hostel!

Food was so good - roof top terrace was sweet as well

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4