La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

Staff are not good. You will wait at the bar for up to 10 minutes while both bartenders look at Facebook... Not much better at the reception desk, the lady who processd my checkout was rude and embarrassed me in front of other guests. Hostel is good fun but just go in with low standards for staff and cleanliness. We stayed in a dorm and the beds are disgusting, I used my sleeping bag!

We totally loved this place! If you are looking for a good party, you´ve found it. They have something going on in the bar every night, esp. the "wheel of fortune".. (; Just don´t be shy or keep drinking more. We stayed in a private room, a so-called "suite". It was very nice and spacious, wonderful bed, big mirror, nice bathroom & shower, fan & AC. You could hear a little noise from the bar until late but that didn´t matter to us. Also nice and well informed staff, hostel close to everything.

Best Hostel ever!! Whenever I consider to come back to Colombia, for sure I'll step by in Santa Marta just because this Hostal!

• 30th Aug 2014

This hostel has everything a backpacker could want - private room had AC and a fan, comfortable bed and a small fridge. Location is very central, and much closer to the action than many of the other hostels. Wifi was good. Breakfast is not included but they have a good selection of reasonably priced options each day. The communal areas - pool, bar and rooftop are all great, loads of space to hang out. We were there over the weekend which was quite loud, but it didn't bother us.

The staff was amazing. Within 15 minutes of is asking they had us booked on a bus that was leaving immediately and our laundry rushed over. They moved at lighting speed to make us happy!

• 21st Aug 2014

Nice bar, good breakfast, helpful staff

This is a great party hostel, the staff are friendly and fun and the common areas and bathrooms are always clean. If U want to sleep here just buy some earplugs cause it gets pretty loud! They have excellent bar prices and food that U have no need to go anywhere else!

The place is just wonderful. Got a pool, bar, pool table, a rooftop where you can go and chillout with hamocs and chairs. Its a very comfortable place to stay, plus the ambiance is great. As a recommendation, just add more power plugs in the rooms.

This is the perfect hostel to stay as a jump-off point for visiting the surrounding areas. I ended up being here for two weeks on and off while visiting Tayrona, Minca and Palomino, I was able to leave my luggage securely and only take a small bag which was perfect. Besides that, it´s just a great hostel: the staff are lovely, the bar is always lively, the rooms are big and cool and clean and there´s a lovely pool and roof terrace for chilling out. One of my favourite hostels in the whole of S.A

Amazing party hostel.. Had so much fun we went back again. Would definitely recommend!! Clean and safe.

• 13th Aug 2014

One of the finest hostels I stayed at in my 3 month trip. La Brisa Loca is a majestic property that is a lot of fun. The rooftop, with hammocks and weekend bar, is awesome. There's a swimming pool on the ground floor. Fun activities on the side. The venue is a short walk from the restaurant strip, and a great launch pad for Tayrona Park and Costeno Beach. Note - this is bit of a party hostel, but if you want a little more quiet, ask to stay on the ground floor or roof top.

Really liked this place. Helpful reception staff. Fun bar staff Good parties Always let us leave our backpacks for day trips and tours

Spent a lot of time at La Brisa, used it as our base. Best hostel in colombia.

Great place, awesome atmosphere. Really amazing place to stay

Hostel is in a good location and the staff are helpful. Good vibe to make new friends and party with. The only issue was the WiFi, they need to invest in better WiFi equipment that can handle multiple simultaneous connections and also give better coverage to all areas of the hostel. The aircon was great to have at night!

I stayed in a 4 bed ensuite dorm and it was grand. Only thing was that over the two nights, the room/bathroom was never cleaned. For example there was a towel in the bathroom on the floor and it as filthy and was still there 3 days later when i left. Other than that i have no complaints. The bar and roof top terrace werelovely, security was fine and loction was great. I would come back and stay again. :)

I really cannot fault the place.

We had a very nice stay at La Brisa Loca. We were in the 6-bed dorm with AC. It was very comfortable, but very loud at night (weekend) since the bar is nearby. Weekdays were fine though. I would recommend it!

Go here if you want to party. Make sure you get air-con. Great location and very secure. The rooms were not clean, we stayed in a room on the ground floor, it had loads of cockroaches, insects and even a mouse. Evan and Ryan the owners were really friendly but the rest of the staff just did not want to help you, to do anything. We asked about tours and the day guy at reception sighed and said he hated telling people about the tours and could we not look it up ourselves! Great bar and rooftop.

This place is perfect for someone who wants to stay up late and hang out with people or party, not necessarily if you have to leave at 5am for the airport (I made some roommates pretty upset).

« first « Prev 1 2 3