La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

Honestly amazing staff, great people helpful friendly etc will definitely be back!

• 28th Mar 2014

The best hostel in Santa Marta, the place is great, big, friendly people and staff, there is a big terrace, bar in the second floor, and a small gym in the terrace. Near the beach to take buses to El Rodadero and 100 meters from the street where yo can take buses to Taganga. I recommend this hotel, is the best go there trust me!

No breakfast, Cold showrs, In the rooms without AC it's really hot and full of mosquitos. Wifi is not working in all of the rooms. The girl in the reception was a little grumpy. Good location, Big hostal, Can be a little bit loud at night. Very clean though.

Large hostel with an excellent bar and communal areas. Usually they aim to stop noise at midnight, but the night we were there they had a pre-carnival party. I understand that locals often come to the parties because they are good fun. A good hostel to meet other travellers. Average age was a lot younger than us! I found it difficult to arrange travel to the carnival at Barranquilla but the staff were very helpful and got us onto an arranged minibus.

La Brisa Loca was a great experience. The staff was extremely helpful and enjoy their work. The atmosphere is very fun, but it's roomy enough so you can find a quiet room in case you need to rack out early. The location is excellent, and the hostel is really helpful in helping you accomplish your goals and visit the local sights such as Minca, Taganga, and Tayrona. Of note was a boat trip to local coves beaches. One of my favorite hostels aesthetically and hospitality wise.

• 25th Feb 2014

The best hostel I've been in! The staff is amazing, the rooftop is something special really, and the people staying there was also really really nice. Great experience!

A brilliant hostel with loads of character and friendly staff! Highly recommended!

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Ryan and Evan run a great hostel only blocks away from the waterfront. After being offered a lift from Costeno Beach back to Santa Marta for free, Ryan invited my friends and I into his hostel for a drink. After walking in, going to the rooftop, and getting personal attention from the owner, I knew that this is a place I would staying in the future. After staying in Taganga for the next week, I left for downtown Santa Marta and ended up staying at La Brisa Loca for a week. Thank you Ryan & Evan!

This is most definitely the best place to stay in Santa Marta. I visited this hostel about 3 times and they were very accommodating. The rooftop patio is amazing, especially when they organize parties up there on the weekend. Shout out to some of the sexiest and wildest boys I've partied with behind the bar (yes, i'm talking about you Sean, Oscar and Chris).

• 13th Feb 2014

Great hostel that i've stayed in a couple times now. Can't beat the location and and good vibe. Can get a bit rowdy (especially if it's super bowl sunday) but i still highly recommend it.

• 2nd Feb 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at La Brisa Loca in one of the private rooms for a long weekend and really enjoyed our time. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming from the get-go and the room was big, clean and reasonably quiet. The food was great - breakfast burritos, granola & yogurt, delicious Mexican food from Agave Azul next door. Great bar scene and outgoing, fun loving bartenders who make great micheladas. I'm not usually a hostel goer, but would definitely stay here again!

• 25th Jan 2014

The kitchen is bad!!! Beside of that everything was fine! Please renew the kitchen!!!!

• 7th Jan 2014

The hostel is clean, fun and the location is perfect. But the reception is very POOR!! We asked them about things to see or do in Santa Martha but they didnt listen to us at all. We complained about something and they wouldnt even pay any attention to us. La Brisa Loca; go find yourself some good reception staff!! Cause for the rest youre doing great!

A bit loud in the 2nd floor...Rooms near the bar are impossible to sleep in like all other hostels. Kitchen is poorly equiped...but probably on purpose so you consume in the restaurant. Otherwise very good...friendly and helpful reception and bar staff.

Excellent service! Congratulations!

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Colombia

Got eaten I've by bedbugs and Mosquitos, do not recommend had booked for three nights checked out after one night!!! Got more bites in brisa loca than I did five nights on the lost city trek!! Do not recommend!!

• 29th Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Super clean, friendly, and fun. The staff were all really helpful for ideas on places to eat, things to do, etc. Great location, central to all Santa Marta has to offer. Food and drinks were excellent, including the free coffee in the morning. Looks like they are doing some expansion on the roof, adding a new bar and some nice, private rooms. Would definitely recommend La Brisa Loca to anyone passing through or staying in Santa Marta.

• 17th Dec 2013

Lovely hostel, with ok breakfast (toast, butter, jam, fruit, cornflakes with sugar, coffee and tea) and wifi connection. Only negative thing was that the aircon was only on at a specific amount of time so the room could get quite hot.

Great hostel, good location, fun time! Once the rooftop terrace is complete it'll be even better! I met a lot of cool people, the bar was fun, they definitely had attention to sound-proofing because noise was not an issue (and i think the hostel was full). I was also impressed on how clean the bathrooms were. I've been to many large similar type hostels and the bathrooms at La Brisa Loca were the cleanest. I will definitely pass on the good word.

• 14th Dec 2013

This is the best hostel in Colombia!! Fun atmosphere and bar staff make the experience great. The food served through the bar was some of the best I have had in hostel and not to mention the adjacent Mexican restaurant is incredible too!

• 12th Dec 2013