La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

Wonderful hostel, great location, and friendly staff!

Great people to have fun with. Awesome staff. The brand new terrace is amazing.

The perfect hostel!!!!

Great bar with a fantastically energetic barman called Brandon! Really enjoyed our stay here. The showers and the bathrooms etc were very clean. Lovely atmosphere here. Would recommend this hostel to any backpacker.

One of a kind place, felt to me like we were transported to the hanging gardens of Babylon. Our first night a travelling band played on the rooftop...an absolutely magical experience. The staff was friendly and helpful all throughout our stay. We were only there one night before the lost city trek and one night after to recover, and I wish we could have stayed longer to meet more of the interesting characters passing through. Very cool atmosphere, so it's no wonder it attracts a great bunch.

awesome atmosphere awesome hostel.

• 11th May 2014

Not the first time at Brisa Loca. Whenever I go back there is something new. It is excellent!

• 9th May 2014
  • Colombia

Perfect location. The staff was very friendly. Our private room was nice, (incl. private bathroom).

Great toga party!

Best place ever!

It was a very well run hostel. The staff were very helpful and there was connections with other companies for doing activities. Rooms were clean and spacious and there was a great roof top terrace to sit in the evenings. However, if you want to have a good nights sleep do not stay Friday to Sunday as the place turns into a bit of a frat house with toga parties and the bar staying open with load music until 3am.

Great building with cool inner courtyards, a pool and nice rooftop terrace. Fab bar with good, cheap food. Staff were a little disorganised and they played loud music quite late but overall good place to stay and great value for money.

Nearly perfect hostel. Buzz in security, friendly staff, decent beds, free towels, plenty of showers and banos, restaurant, awesome bar, pool and unreal rooftop patio. Only thing that's lacking is the kitchen facilities. Staff were so helpful with all my questions about buses, tayrona, lost city, etc. would highly recommend!

Great hostel and funny staff

Facilities at this place can't be faulted. Livley bar is fun

Awesome hostel! The guys have definitely done their research and put all the right things into this place.

Totaly recommended. The atmosphere was really nice, all the stuff spoke really good english. The breakfast is really tasty and not too expensive. Met a lot of friendly people from all over the world. For sure I'll be staying there if I go back to Santa Marta.

Rooftop ist the best in the evenings, exactly what yo need to cool down! Very nice bar with alright prizes and good food too! Kitchen very small and not good equipment.. but there's loads of cheap street food therefore I don't recommend cooking anyway. Music from the bar is loud and till late but for me this doesn't matter. There's always something going on and yo meet a lot of people from all over!

The world needs more hostels like this!.. You know you are in a decent hostel when you get your own towel, can check-in early and checkout late afternoon.. A hangover godsend.

This was my first time staying at a Hostel and I loved it! La Brisa Loca was beautiful, they had a pool in the middle of the hostel with an open sky view. The whole place was constantly being cleaned and I felt safe leaving my stuff around. They have a roof hang out which was really cool with hammocks, tables, and currently building a bar. The staff were friendly and helpful when we had questions about places to go. Free wifi/computers & TV room. I would def. go back! and only $10 USD a night!

• 7th Apr 2014