La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

Got eaten I've by bedbugs and Mosquitos, do not recommend had booked for three nights checked out after one night!!! Got more bites in brisa loca than I did five nights on the lost city trek!! Do not recommend!!

• 29th Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Super clean, friendly, and fun. The staff were all really helpful for ideas on places to eat, things to do, etc. Great location, central to all Santa Marta has to offer. Food and drinks were excellent, including the free coffee in the morning. Looks like they are doing some expansion on the roof, adding a new bar and some nice, private rooms. Would definitely recommend La Brisa Loca to anyone passing through or staying in Santa Marta.

• 17th Dec 2013

Lovely hostel, with ok breakfast (toast, butter, jam, fruit, cornflakes with sugar, coffee and tea) and wifi connection. Only negative thing was that the aircon was only on at a specific amount of time so the room could get quite hot.

Great hostel, good location, fun time! Once the rooftop terrace is complete it'll be even better! I met a lot of cool people, the bar was fun, they definitely had attention to sound-proofing because noise was not an issue (and i think the hostel was full). I was also impressed on how clean the bathrooms were. I've been to many large similar type hostels and the bathrooms at La Brisa Loca were the cleanest. I will definitely pass on the good word.

• 14th Dec 2013

This is the best hostel in Colombia!! Fun atmosphere and bar staff make the experience great. The food served through the bar was some of the best I have had in hostel and not to mention the adjacent Mexican restaurant is incredible too!

• 12th Dec 2013

I stayed at La Brisa Loca several different times as a home base for checking out all the sights around Santa Marta (Tyrona beaches, bird watching in Minca, scuba diving in Taganga). The staff is very helpful in organizing different trips and I like the location in historic Santa Marta and near the beach. The hostel was clean, the pool nice and clear, the food at the bar was good as well as the Mexican restaurant downstairs. The Halloween party was amazing! I'll be back someday for sure.

• 7th Dec 2013

Last year stayed here and it was a great experience, back then the staff was nice and I had a great time, I used to recommend this hostel. But this time I was very disappointed, the staff wasn't nice enough, but more important, it's terribly dirty. It's a party hostel and is a great spot to meet cool people, the bar is great.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations in your most recent visit. Our hostel has been undergoing construction (which may explain the dust) to improve our customer experience and we hope you will visit again to enjoy our renovations, including our new a rooftop bar and patio. - La Brisa Loca Management

It is an awesome place to stay!!

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Colombia

I stayed at La Brisa Loca for a total of 7 nights and really enjoyed it. The hostel has a really cool atmosphere and vibe. The bar was a fun place to hang out and was definitely fun at night. The hostel is in a great location in the center of the downtown core. It was really hot when we were there however our room had an air conditioner and fan which kept it cool at night, which was great. You should eat at Agave Azul while you are there was well.

• 25th Nov 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again when you're in Santa Marta! - La Brisa Loca Management

Overall a nice hostel for a night break in Santa Marta before moving on. Cheap, good location, AC, etc. I just wish some of the restaurant/bar staff would be more customer focused. Also, having tried a new hostel very close by, I believe the Brisa Loca will have to up their game, recruit service oriented staff and renovate to compete with the value for money. But not a bad.place.otherwise

Great place to stay, I loved it!!!!

Awesome party hostel!

Very disappointed. Location is very good, house is beautiful and could be a great hostel. Unfortunately it wasn't. The rooms are nice and lockers big, but it is way too hot, the fans don't work well. The bathrooms are dirty most of the time despite the cleaner doing her best. If the hostel is full, it's probably disgusting. There were works during my whole stay, waking me up at 7am with loud bangs and lasting all day. Loud music at night, even though not a lot of people partying. Rude staff.

1 2 Next » last »