La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

Great hostel and funny staff

Facilities at this place can't be faulted. Livley bar is fun

Awesome hostel! The guys have definitely done their research and put all the right things into this place.

Totaly recommended. The atmosphere was really nice, all the stuff spoke really good english. The breakfast is really tasty and not too expensive. Met a lot of friendly people from all over the world. For sure I'll be staying there if I go back to Santa Marta.

Rooftop ist the best in the evenings, exactly what yo need to cool down! Very nice bar with alright prizes and good food too! Kitchen very small and not good equipment.. but there's loads of cheap street food therefore I don't recommend cooking anyway. Music from the bar is loud and till late but for me this doesn't matter. There's always something going on and yo meet a lot of people from all over!

The world needs more hostels like this!.. You know you are in a decent hostel when you get your own towel, can check-in early and checkout late afternoon.. A hangover godsend.

This was my first time staying at a Hostel and I loved it! La Brisa Loca was beautiful, they had a pool in the middle of the hostel with an open sky view. The whole place was constantly being cleaned and I felt safe leaving my stuff around. They have a roof hang out which was really cool with hammocks, tables, and currently building a bar. The staff were friendly and helpful when we had questions about places to go. Free wifi/computers & TV room. I would def. go back! and only $10 USD a night!

• 7th Apr 2014

Honestly amazing staff, great people helpful friendly etc will definitely be back!

• 28th Mar 2014

The best hostel in Santa Marta, the place is great, big, friendly people and staff, there is a big terrace, bar in the second floor, and a small gym in the terrace. Near the beach to take buses to El Rodadero and 100 meters from the street where yo can take buses to Taganga. I recommend this hotel, is the best go there trust me!

Great hostel with great staff! loved staying here before heading out to Costeno Beach surfcamp, then again coming back in for the weekend for an awesome roof top party!! Highly recommend to anybody looking for a good time

No breakfast, Cold showrs, In the rooms without AC it's really hot and full of mosquitos. Wifi is not working in all of the rooms. The girl in the reception was a little grumpy. Good location, Big hostal, Can be a little bit loud at night. Very clean though.

Large hostel with an excellent bar and communal areas. Usually they aim to stop noise at midnight, but the night we were there they had a pre-carnival party. I understand that locals often come to the parties because they are good fun. A good hostel to meet other travellers. Average age was a lot younger than us! I found it difficult to arrange travel to the carnival at Barranquilla but the staff were very helpful and got us onto an arranged minibus.

La Brisa Loca was a great experience. The staff was extremely helpful and enjoy their work. The atmosphere is very fun, but it's roomy enough so you can find a quiet room in case you need to rack out early. The location is excellent, and the hostel is really helpful in helping you accomplish your goals and visit the local sights such as Minca, Taganga, and Tayrona. Of note was a boat trip to local coves beaches. One of my favorite hostels aesthetically and hospitality wise.

• 25th Feb 2014

The best hostel I've been in! The staff is amazing, the rooftop is something special really, and the people staying there was also really really nice. Great experience!

A brilliant hostel with loads of character and friendly staff! Highly recommended!

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Ryan and Evan run a great hostel only blocks away from the waterfront. After being offered a lift from Costeno Beach back to Santa Marta for free, Ryan invited my friends and I into his hostel for a drink. After walking in, going to the rooftop, and getting personal attention from the owner, I knew that this is a place I would staying in the future. After staying in Taganga for the next week, I left for downtown Santa Marta and ended up staying at La Brisa Loca for a week. Thank you Ryan & Evan!

The music was too loud too late! One of the nights I stayed there I was in a dorm room that had a door with a ladder below it, the entire night groups of people were coming in and turning on the lights and shutting them off again and going up there and giggling, at one point a guy climbs that ladder and shines his flashlight it in my face and it was one of the really bright ones so it blinds me and he does it to a bunch of others then shines it on himself and makes faces this went on all night.

This is most definitely the best place to stay in Santa Marta. I visited this hostel about 3 times and they were very accommodating. The rooftop patio is amazing, especially when they organize parties up there on the weekend. Shout out to some of the sexiest and wildest boys I've partied with behind the bar (yes, i'm talking about you Sean, Oscar and Chris).

• 13th Feb 2014

Great hostel that i've stayed in a couple times now. Can't beat the location and and good vibe. Can get a bit rowdy (especially if it's super bowl sunday) but i still highly recommend it.

• 2nd Feb 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at La Brisa Loca in one of the private rooms for a long weekend and really enjoyed our time. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming from the get-go and the room was big, clean and reasonably quiet. The food was great - breakfast burritos, granola & yogurt, delicious Mexican food from Agave Azul next door. Great bar scene and outgoing, fun loving bartenders who make great micheladas. I'm not usually a hostel goer, but would definitely stay here again!

• 25th Jan 2014