La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

The facilities were great - the bar was awesome and the showers were amazing. The atmosphere is great to meet other travelers. The only issue we had was that the driver the hostel had arranged to drive us to Parque Tayrona was not legitimate and was reprimanded by the police while enroute thus leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere. When we finally made our way back to the hostel, the staff on hand was less than apologetic and tried to blame us for the whole entire ordeal = Not impressed.

Amazing place. Couldn't stay away ended up coming back 3 times. Santi is THE MAN! All the staff is super friendly and will make sure you have the absolute best time possible. Anyone headed to Santa Marta and wants to have some crazy nights with some awesome people La Brisa Loca is the place to stay!

Roof top terrace is great. The terrible music and microphone voice overs of volunteer bar staff while playing games like spin the wheel : "mangina" or "tits" (classy eh) Is not so great if you want sleep around 1am. Go to this hostel if you want to party and there is also a pool. Do not go to this hostel if you want help with anything like tours.

Beautiful building, great location, really fun atmosphere, but if you're trying to get sleep on a Saturday night, best to try someplace else. Party hostel by every definition.

A really relaxed hostel, but make sure to book a room with ac!!The bar, the pool and the rooftop area are great. I spend almost a whole day in the hammocks enjoying life. At night it could be a bit loud because the bar is aöways full with laughter and fun. It couldnt be easier to meet people in this hostel!!!

Staff are not good. You will wait at the bar for up to 10 minutes while both bartenders look at Facebook... Not much better at the reception desk, the lady who processd my checkout was rude and embarrassed me in front of other guests. Hostel is good fun but just go in with low standards for staff and cleanliness. We stayed in a dorm and the beds are disgusting, I used my sleeping bag!

I usually try and avoid the 'party' hostels, but this seemed to have a good mix between the two. Great fun in the bar in the evening but easy to sleep if you want too. Swimming pool is amazing as Santa Marta is HOT! Food and breakfast in the hostel isn't free, but it's pretty cheap and really good quality. Would've like to have stayed for a weekend!;)

We totally loved this place! If you are looking for a good party, you´ve found it. They have something going on in the bar every night, esp. the "wheel of fortune".. (; Just don´t be shy or keep drinking more. We stayed in a private room, a so-called "suite". It was very nice and spacious, wonderful bed, big mirror, nice bathroom & shower, fan & AC. You could hear a little noise from the bar until late but that didn´t matter to us. Also nice and well informed staff, hostel close to everything.

Best Hostel ever!! Whenever I consider to come back to Colombia, for sure I'll step by in Santa Marta just because this Hostal!

• 30th Aug 2014

This hostel has everything a backpacker could want - private room had AC and a fan, comfortable bed and a small fridge. Location is very central, and much closer to the action than many of the other hostels. Wifi was good. Breakfast is not included but they have a good selection of reasonably priced options each day. The communal areas - pool, bar and rooftop are all great, loads of space to hang out. We were there over the weekend which was quite loud, but it didn't bother us.

Stayed here on and off for 3 weeks, because I knew the bar staff from travelling.great place if you're a party animal.They play wheel of fortune most nights, which is fine for most (and fun, it will kill you!!!) but if you're not up for it,it can feel like you're forced to play otherwise you are literally told you're a prude. FYI some people just want a drink!! Overall staff are awesome. Dorms are spacious. Great location. Free welcome drink (yay!). Stay for a few nights only.warning you now!!

The staff was amazing. Within 15 minutes of is asking they had us booked on a bus that was leaving immediately and our laundry rushed over. They moved at lighting speed to make us happy!

• 21st Aug 2014

Nice bar, good breakfast, helpful staff

This is a great party hostel, the staff are friendly and fun and the common areas and bathrooms are always clean. If U want to sleep here just buy some earplugs cause it gets pretty loud! They have excellent bar prices and food that U have no need to go anywhere else!

The place is just wonderful. Got a pool, bar, pool table, a rooftop where you can go and chillout with hamocs and chairs. Its a very comfortable place to stay, plus the ambiance is great. As a recommendation, just add more power plugs in the rooms.

This is the perfect hostel to stay as a jump-off point for visiting the surrounding areas. I ended up being here for two weeks on and off while visiting Tayrona, Minca and Palomino, I was able to leave my luggage securely and only take a small bag which was perfect. Besides that, it´s just a great hostel: the staff are lovely, the bar is always lively, the rooms are big and cool and clean and there´s a lovely pool and roof terrace for chilling out. One of my favourite hostels in the whole of S.A

great atmosphere! loved the rooftop

Amazing party hostel.. Had so much fun we went back again. Would definitely recommend!! Clean and safe.

• 13th Aug 2014

lots of fun in the bar and the rooftop is awesome! book a deluxe room if you want aircon. They also let us lock our bags in storage for 2 days while we went to Palomino which was really helpful!

One of the finest hostels I stayed at in my 3 month trip. La Brisa Loca is a majestic property that is a lot of fun. The rooftop, with hammocks and weekend bar, is awesome. There's a swimming pool on the ground floor. Fun activities on the side. The venue is a short walk from the restaurant strip, and a great launch pad for Tayrona Park and Costeno Beach. Note - this is bit of a party hostel, but if you want a little more quiet, ask to stay on the ground floor or roof top.