La Brisa Loca Reviews

Calle 14 N 3-58, Santa Marta, Colombia

Awesome hostel but not if you want to sleep. Trashy clientele

• 16th May 2015

CONS: 1.) My laundry wasn't ready on time which messed up my night. 2.) I had a private room but the shower didn't work. Some shared showers were also broken. I asked for refund of difference between private and shared bath but they refused.. 3.) Bar closed early 4.) Shuttle to cartagena came 90 mins late PROS: 1.) Girl at desk organized a shared taxi with me and other guests. Saved me time and money. 2.) Building was cool. Others have had better experiences. Might have been bad luck

• 13th May 2015

It's a party hostel. EDM bumping until 4am. Staff isn't very friendly. My least favorite hostel in my one month traveling around Colombia

The best located hostel in Santa Marta, huge bar, massive TV room and an amazing rooftop terrace with hammocks and beds to chill out in. The terrace has its own bar also which is open on weekends. The best party hostel I have ever stayed at, get in and spin the wheel!!

• 7th May 2015

The staff at the reception was unfriedly and rude. They were too busy talking and texting to help. Sheets and especially towels were unbelievable dirty and when we went to get new ones they had an attitude about it. The new ones we got weren't even cleaner. They played extremely loud music even though there were like five people in the bar, which was unnecessary and made it hard to sleep. Room wasn't cleaned very well and there were lots of buggars on the wall and stuff under the beds.

Highly recommended, right in the middle of town & a great atmosphere, you won't want to leave the hostel!

I have stayed at this hostel a couple of times. It is best on Saturday nights but still fun the other nights. The volunteers in the bar are great! I stored my bag here in between trips to Minca, Tayrona, and Palomino. I always managed to find my way back here on a Saturday for the rooftop parties. The movie room has over 300 movies. The pool is super relaxing if you just want to chill. The food is delicious. The California burrito for breakfast and the buffalo chicken sandwich for dinner!

I've been in several hostels in the world and La Brisa Loca is one of the best!...Perfect match with the beauty of Santa Marta! You can get good drinks, maybe a good party and the pleasant "brisa" in the rooftop. I'll come back for more!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

perfekt hostel

I went for Holy Week, everything was really good, the poll isn't complete but the atmosphere and prices are really good.

The prices, the food, the cleanliness were all pretty good, but the best part was definitely the atmosphere and the staff. Crazy parties, good music and amazing people staying there, I have good memories from La Brisa Loca that I'd definitely like to repeat whenever I go back to Santa Marta.

Best hostel ever, nice staff, awesome building, food, and the parties are great too! Just a little noise, but for me it's not a problem...

Beautiful lobby area and roofdeck for parties, amazing location, really not great staff and dirty / loud

There was a clown with a big black beard that worked at the bar. He's got no respect. However, the Brazilian girl was a laugh. Hard to sleep because the party is over your head.

The place is great, that rooftop is amazing and the people in the front desk were really helpful. I highly recommend this hostel !

This place is loud. In addition to music playing into the wee hours, the guests were really inconsiderate. Both nights I stayed, pre- and post-Lost City, guys came back at 3 or 4 in the morning, turning on the lights and talking at full volume. Positives were the welcome beer, laundry service, luggage storage, and the honest staff. They held onto my wallet when I left it laying on their counter. But they also tended to give one-word responses.

Hostel staff will go the extra mile although the reception could do with greater numbers on the desk for the busy periods. Gorgeous pool and excellent rooftop area. Nice food and bar area too. Overall the building is really impressive. Definitely worth using this place as a base to visit the coastline.

Looooooved this hostel!!! Always clean, lovely rooms, good parties on the weekends, layed out in a way that makes it real easy to meet people, and the volunteers were all real cool. Used this hostel as a hub, and came back five times after each trip out I had out in the areas around Santa Marta. Absolutely loved this hostel.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • karinavandyuk
  • Russia

Only stay here if you want to party as every night as the music PUMPS until 2-3am. There are speakers outside the rooms and it literally feels like you are sleeping in the middle of a club Location is good, food is cheap and the place is reasonably clean. Staff aren't that friendly for some reason and they seem bored and frustrated when you ask for their help. Honestly, only stay here if you want to stay in a hostel made for zombies where everyone sleeps all day and comes out to party all night.

There are not hot showers. The kitchen is extremely dirty and badly equiped, and there are cockroaches everywhere. The staff during the day are the least friendly I've met compared to all other hostels I've been to in the other 15 countries I've visited in Latin- America. We were lied to twice about the diving possibilities in Taganga, apparently so we would chose to go diving through the hostel. The evening staff on the other hand was nice. We would not stay there again.