La Buena Onda Reviews

De la Cancha Brigadista, 2.5 c al este, Matagalpa, Nicaragua

The hostel was clean and the staff were very helpful. My only complaint was that I was under the impression that breakfast was included. I wouldn't have eaten at the hostel if I knew what they charged for each meal.

Good vibe due to very friendly and efficient Nica staff but owners appear to have stopped investing time or money. No hot water in showers - probably easily rectified by replacing the elements, no blankets, silicon and grout in bathroom desperately needs replaced. Room not cleaned or made up when we arrived late afternoon despite having sent a confirmatory email to one of owners the day before. Probably can get away with this at present due to lack of competition in Matagalpa.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Hello, sad to hear you had a bad experience in our hostel. First of all I want to tell you that also the owner is Nica and is now investing even more due to growing competition. We could have given you a more pleasant stay if you had talked to us during your stay here. Our hotewater showers do work, you only need to know how they exactly work, especialy the shower in the room you stayed in works just great! You've stayed in a private room where we always put extra blankets.

The staff was very close to being rude. If you weren't signing up for one of their Tours, you were all but ignored and it was obvious they had no interest in you. They were there to sell, sell, sell their tours.

• 16th Dec 2013

Hi, this is very sad and strange to hear you've had a bad experience in our hostel. The tours we offer are the once from local touroperators, we do not make any money out of it, so if you buy or not buy a tour, we treat everybody the same. Also I would like to mention that you stayed less then 1 day in our hostel.