La Buena Onda Reviews

De la Cancha Brigadista, 2.5 c al este, Matagalpa, Nicaragua

The hostel was clean and the staff were very helpful. My only complaint was that I was under the impression that breakfast was included. I wouldn't have eaten at the hostel if I knew what they charged for each meal.

Thanks for your review! I am sorry to hear you thought breakfast was included. We try to make as clear as possible what we charge for breakfast ( in the Menu and on the blackboard ). Breakfast is only included in our private rooms. We have the same price as any other decent place in town, ofcourse you can find cheaper. We are happy to hear that dispite the breakfastproblem you did enjoy your stay with us. Hope to see you back here soon!

Good vibe due to very friendly and efficient Nica staff but owners appear to have stopped investing time or money. No hot water in showers - probably easily rectified by replacing the elements, no blankets, silicon and grout in bathroom desperately needs replaced. Room not cleaned or made up when we arrived late afternoon despite having sent a confirmatory email to one of owners the day before. Probably can get away with this at present due to lack of competition in Matagalpa.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Hello, sad to hear you had a bad experience in our hostel. First of all I want to tell you that also the owner is Nica and is now investing even more due to growing competition. We could have given you a more pleasant stay if you had talked to us during your stay here. Our hotewater showers do work, you only need to know how they exactly work, especialy the shower in the room you stayed in works just great! You've stayed in a private room where we always put extra blankets.