La Bussola Hotel Restaurant Reviews

Viale Giuseppe Berto 1, Capo Vaticano, Tropea, Italy

Nice hotel with pool, beautiful garden, nice and helpful owner. Make sure you ask about night entertainment as we ended up in a room above a stage, there was karaoke until midnight and we didn't even have any warning!!! check all signs, you will be charged for swimming caps!

I chose to stay here as I needed a break from hostels and busy cities. I'm not sure they get many (if any) solo female backpackers, but they treated me with the same respect as any other guest. All the staff were really friendly and helpful and the place was very clean. I had a nice relaxing stay.

Very nice stuff! They brought me to the trainstation early in thye morning the day I had to leave. And showed me around the place with theyr car, really nice. The place itself wasn't really interesting, there wasn't anything to see or to do except for the beach. A nice place for family holydays or to stay with friends but nut so much fun for alone travelers.

awesome staff, very clean, good value for price, free wifi and breakfast. a bit hard to find by car but totally worth it. want to go there again!

Andate alla Bussola, lo staff è molto simpatico, sempre pronto per ayutarvi, per meliorare le vostre vacanze ! Abbiamo passato un' week-end bellissimo, anche grazie a loro tutti ! Si puo fare una bella passegiata fino al mare, scoprire i campi calabresi... A 10 min di Tropea, la bussola e un posto tranquillo di dove si puo scoprire molte città calabrese ! Andate ci ! Saluto a tutti (fabrizio, toni, dario e ilena!) Charlotte e Mathilde, le due francese di marzo ;-)

The place is a three star hotel in an out of the way location and the price is reasonable value. A car is advisable. I was very disappointed when I was told that the free wireless internet was not working due to some bad weather 2 weeks previous. The wireless connection was still strong however and the internet was working on the office computer. Not sure what was going on there, I would call to confirm about free internet if it is important to you. Rooms are nice and new and the breakfast good

Would be best if you have a car but there is hotel transporation.

Everyone was great to us, and went above and beyond to make sure we had the best stay possible. Wonderful people and I highly recommend! Pool is great, food is great, service superb.

We had a great stay at La Bussola...despite being far away from most things it was not difficult to access places - the train station is near and the owner even drove us to the restaurant. They were so lovely and went out of their way to help us. Free wifi and a great breakfast. Would stay again. Thanks!

I have booked 3 rooms at this hotel for 2 nights for 7 people but however when we arrived they didn\\\'t know about us. They told us that www.hostelworld.com never sent them our booking. They offered us to stay in a residence close by but there was no airconditioning and they didn\\\'t serve breakfast! Really a bad experience thanks to hostelworld whom didn\\\'t even care replying my complaint so far.

Very lovely family run hotel, staff are excellent and it is a good place to see Tropea and the Calabrian coast.

A friendly family run hotel. Fabrizio was a great host, and the place was really clean and nice decorated.

A wonderful place run by a beautiful family. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff and we had a wonderful stay. Only a short train ride to Tropea and the resteraunt is wonderful. We will hopefully return one day.

This hotel was great. It's run by a family who are very warm and welcoming. It felt like I was at home. I hope to return again. The swimming pool area is also gorgeous. Loved it! I reccomend this hotel 100% with confidence. - Alannah from Canada

A nice place to stay only if you want to escape the hustle & bustle of busy cities, there is not much to do apart from relaxing by the pool or spending the day at the beach. The hotel is very much isolated from any type of shops/entertainment, there are 2 local supermarkets and thats about it (15 min walk). Train connection into Tropea is poor, 8:40am then jumps to 12:40pm, on the hour after that. However the staff are very friendly and will drop you at any local shops/restaurants upon request. The pizzaria at eh hotel is very nice and cheap, for some reason it was closed for 4 days in a row.....but there is another cheap one down the road.

The male owner is very friendly and speaks good English, but his wife mainly Italian. The pick up service from the Ricadi train station was great. Not a big place and no taxis around so you need the pick up as a bit of a walk otherwise. It is a really nice spot. It was nice and quiet and not much happening which was a pleasant change to Amalfi coast. If alone they arrange for an old guy to take you out to a local restaurant for dinner but you don't understand what is happening at first when you don't understand Italian. It is however a bit of a hike to the beach but they can arrange to take you by mini bus.

I love this place! The family run accommodation is excellent and the staff cannot do enough for you. It's located 7 km from Tropea, though, in a VERY quiet town, so if you're seeking a wild time and action right on your doorstep, this isn't the place for you.

wonderful staff, beautiful location, i felt very comfortable