La Casa Del Sol Reviews

N° 03 Derb Tijani/Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco

Very friendly staff, good location and a delicious breakfast for 2 euro. Go for it.

The place was clean, the rooms were nicely done and they had AC. However it was very poorly signed, it took us ages to find it and we ended up paying someone to show us where it was. Also we were told we'd get mint tea and a free shisha on arrival but we were given a glass of cold mint tea and there was no mention of the shisha.

• 7th Oct 2014

Nice and comfortable hostel at great location. Staff was really helpful and kind:)

The guy working the night desk at Casa Del Sol was a great bloke and made our stay for 3 nights there extremely comfortable and homely. He helped us organise things and was extremely knowledgeable. He also recommended things to do in a way that did not prove to be rip-offs (which we had come to expect through experience with other, less genuine hostel owners). The place is cheap but the services are excellent and should we go back to Marrakech, we will definitely stay at Casa Del Sol again.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great friendly and helpful staff. Quiet and relaxed. Close to the main square, souks etc.Clean neat and tidy and very reasonably priced.The staff are it's main asset - helping with all aspects of your travel experience.

I liked my stay a lot. Some of the sheets were a little stained though, so maybe you can wash them more often.

• 27th Aug 2014

Quiet area, close to the Jemaa El Fna. they had bed bugs

La Casa del Sol is an excellent hostel, conveniently located in the heart of Marrakech Medina (historical city) and has very kind, helpful staff. The building has the character and spirit of Moroccan traditional arts, combined with modern advantages of comfort. Hostel is 3 minutes walk from the main square Jamaa Fna and the souk is just few step outside of La Casa del Sol. I strongly recommend for an easy and pleasant stay in Marrakech.

the hostel is a nice place to stay with super helpful and friendly staff, good security, clean room, and a very great price:) location is perfect, just 5 mins walk from main square. will definitely stay there if i back to marrakech.

It was our 3 time here, as good as usual. Good location, friendly and helpful staff. Thank you ;)

The single ensuite room was a good value and affordable. The portable air conditioner works, but is a little weak. It took a little while to get some towels. The shower is hot. This place is in the middle of the medina, and isn't too hard to find. It's off one of the main paths north of the square. Bring your own soap. There's a small charge for breakfast.

Very friendly atmosphere, the staffs were really nice to us. Very good location, right inside of the Medina and the rooms are really comfy. I would definitely recommend this hostel!!

great place with perfect loaction only 3min walk from main square. Very open and friendly staff ready to help and talk in english about everything. Stylish interior of the hostel, colorful and marocan style. I would recomend this place to stay in Marrakesh

A lovely hostel with super friendly staff, its a little bit difficult to find as there is no sign post to direct you down the narrow alleyway, however the location within the souk is excellent... The staff were very kind and allowed me to sleep on the sofa for free on my last night there as my flight was leaving early the next day...

I love staying at this Riad. I stayed 2 weeks initially, then I returned a month later for a week. The staff is great. Khadijah, Mohammad, Youssef, Fatima and Brahim are all so nice and helpful. Just a few things I hope can get repaired or adjusted to make future travelers more comfortable. The music at times is too loud. Travelers are trying to get to know each other and share stories and the volume of the music makes it difficult. Shower curtains more bathroom shelves would help please.

As I am budget traveller, I found this hostel good price and also location.I was first time in Morrocco and this was great place to stay in vibrant Marrakech. it is just 5 min from Djemaa el-Fna and so hidden that it is nice place to relax, staff also extremely helpful and when we came back from mountains and was so hot, we stopped just for few hours before our flight and we took shower and they dont ask for any money. Very pleased and will come to La Casa del Sol again.

• 7th May 2014