La Casa Del Sol Reviews

N° 03 Derb Tijani/Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco

Great little hostel right in the middle of the medina! You couldn't be more central! The staff are really nice and friendly, the rooms are comfortable. The only suggestion I would have would be adding curtains yo the shower/WC for some privacy (I had to improvise my own). Other that, really good value for money.

I slept two nights in this Riad. It's located in Medina, not far away from principal square. To reach it, isn't so easy, even you have a map. I had room on second floor.I chose this road because of location and Wi Fi. Unfortunately I had only few hours first day possibility to be connected with net. At evening and other days internet connection was interrupted., even in restoran near by it was fast and good. Room was well equipped and enough clean. A problem was smell of tobacco in room.

location good,5 mins from jemma,but hidden in alley,might have to pay a guide to take help you.staff speak ok english but might move you from one room to other during stay.only one toilet for dorm guests,one shower,which are not clean and function poorly.some beds make annoying squeeky noise as you make slightest move and wifi often doesnt work. kitchen in very poor state,has stove and micro and fridge.only 5 euros for dorms but is too sketchy even for that price

Mohammed is the best ever! He made me feel as if I were staying with friends. He went and got me by the Medina where rhe taxis drop you off and helped me with maps, directions, attractions, where to eat, everything! The installations.. We'll you get what you pay for. I would stay here again if Mohammed is still employed though.

nice staff, free towels, hot water, quite clean, friendly backpacker atmospere.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Located minutes away from the main square. It was a bit difficult to find since it is located in a small alleyway. I had a private room which was really comfortable. I was able to get hot water and WiFi access. Breakfast was very simple and it did cost 25 dirhams - I would recommend getting breakfast elsewhere

Best value for money. Breakfast not included but all the 3 other hostels I have been in Morroco had bad breakfasts. The extra price for it is not worth, you can eat in medina. Small hostel, free towels, good beds, good atmosphere in room. Hot water for bath! Great staff, the guy was really nice. The only bad think was the kitchen, that was dirty but i visited it at night. In general, best and cheapest hostel I have been in Morroco. Also, easy to find in Medina, gps works for this one... BOOK IT

Very nice, thank you :)

This hostel is absolutely wonderful. Besides being clean and welcoming, the staff was superb. They were so friendly, helpful, and fun. I loved every moment of my stay here. Definitely would stay here again if ever in Marrakech.

• 30th Dec 2014

Nice place and people would like bettered linen

• 19th Dec 2014

Nice hostel to stay at, friendly staff and the other travelers where also very pleasant company. With a few changes it could get much better though . I'd definitely replace the shower and the mattresses.

Very central location, Muḥammad-Simo proved very welcoming & professional while rest of staff were fine. Place cleaned every day, secure, good value, pleasant atmosphere, facilities acceptable although toilet plumbing leaked raw sewage (although cleaned daily), promised it would be fixed. Update needed on this.

Staff were very nice and helpfull, location is excellent just 2 minutes from Sahat-elfana.

• 17th Dec 2014

It´s a lovely quiet hostal with very helpfull and friendly staff. Don´t miss the rooftop because it provides a very nice outlook of the city and the mountains when visible. Only 4 Beds a dorm provide a quiet and restorativ sleep. Rooms are very nice. The hostal is easy to find only the entrance off the alley can be missed because it´s kind of covered by goods presented in the mainstreet.

Very friendly staff, good location and a delicious breakfast for 2 euro. Go for it.

The place was clean, the rooms were nicely done and they had AC. However it was very poorly signed, it took us ages to find it and we ended up paying someone to show us where it was. Also we were told we'd get mint tea and a free shisha on arrival but we were given a glass of cold mint tea and there was no mention of the shisha.

• 7th Oct 2014

Nice and comfortable hostel at great location. Staff was really helpful and kind:)