La Casa Del Sol Reviews

N° 03 Derb Tijani/Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco

La Casa del Sol is an excellent hostel, conveniently located in the heart of Marrakech Medina (historical city) and has very kind, helpful staff. The building has the character and spirit of Moroccan traditional arts, combined with modern advantages of comfort. Hostel is 3 minutes walk from the main square Jamaa Fna and the souk is just few step outside of La Casa del Sol. I strongly recommend for an easy and pleasant stay in Marrakech.

It was our 3 time here, as good as usual. Good location, friendly and helpful staff. Thank you ;)

The single ensuite room was a good value and affordable. The portable air conditioner works, but is a little weak. It took a little while to get some towels. The shower is hot. This place is in the middle of the medina, and isn't too hard to find. It's off one of the main paths north of the square. Bring your own soap. There's a small charge for breakfast.

Very friendly atmosphere, the staffs were really nice to us. Very good location, right inside of the Medina and the rooms are really comfy. I would definitely recommend this hostel!!

great place with perfect loaction only 3min walk from main square. Very open and friendly staff ready to help and talk in english about everything. Stylish interior of the hostel, colorful and marocan style. I would recomend this place to stay in Marrakesh

A lovely hostel with super friendly staff, its a little bit difficult to find as there is no sign post to direct you down the narrow alleyway, however the location within the souk is excellent... The staff were very kind and allowed me to sleep on the sofa for free on my last night there as my flight was leaving early the next day...

I love staying at this Riad. I stayed 2 weeks initially, then I returned a month later for a week. The staff is great. Khadijah, Mohammad, Youssef, Fatima and Brahim are all so nice and helpful. Just a few things I hope can get repaired or adjusted to make future travelers more comfortable. The music at times is too loud. Travelers are trying to get to know each other and share stories and the volume of the music makes it difficult. Shower curtains more bathroom shelves would help please.

As I am budget traveller, I found this hostel good price and also location.I was first time in Morrocco and this was great place to stay in vibrant Marrakech. it is just 5 min from Djemaa el-Fna and so hidden that it is nice place to relax, staff also extremely helpful and when we came back from mountains and was so hot, we stopped just for few hours before our flight and we took shower and they dont ask for any money. Very pleased and will come to La Casa del Sol again.

• 7th May 2014
  • Slovakia

The place's situated in the middle of the main market, the staff's friendly and helpeful. It'd be a really good hostel if it wasn't for the bed bugs! The only thing that let the place down, but this thing makes me not recomend it or stay there again!

• 29th Apr 2014

Casa del sol is well in situated in the medina it is very easy to find it and it is quiet place to rest, we have enjoyed our stay there and i defiantly suggest this hotel to people that want to be in the center of Marrakesh. enjoy Morocco:) Ian xuereb

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Malta

A great wee raid. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. Mohamed was especially good at managing the place, helpful and friendly.

• 11th Apr 2014

Amazing location and given all the information I needed for my trip away. Comfortable room with free wifi. I actually flooded the bathroom and parts of the bedroom as the showering facilities needed some attention. A curtain in the bathroom would have been handy as well. Nice place to stay, get what you pay for.

it is a pity there is only one shower and toilet to use for people who stay in the dorm, the kitchen (staff said it's a private kitchen) was also untidy which makes it un-usable. staff there is good though.

The women staff only play on their phones, watch videos, etc. No helpful details given, disappear during the day leaving the cleaning lady there who does not speak English well. 2 showers/1 toilet for dorms & is downstairs. Reservation screw ups - moves people to their sister hostel, always out of toilet paper, no music, TV or cooking facilities. Just not a fun hostel if you want to meet people. Beds creaky & uncomfortable.

Myself and my girlfriend really enjoyed our stay and found the area it was in the best buy far. I know everyone says it.s tucked away and it really is. We got into the right area and then asked for help; which was fine even thouigh it was late at night: IT IS DOWN THE DARK SCARY ALLY. Everything else was great and arre hoping to stay on our way back through

• 22nd Mar 2014

very good place to stay

Great place would definitely use it again

Me and my friend enjoyed a lot our stay ar La Casa del Sol! It is cute, cousy, very well located, and above all the stuff is fantastic! So here's a big kiss to Fatima, Mohammed, Khadija and Youssef! Thank you for everything

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Croatia

Best Hostel during the entire trip in Marokko, Nice staff and Nice rooms. And the People working there are honest.

Staff was helpful & sweet. Only 1 toilet (downstairs) for entire hostel. 2 showers also downstairs, but had hot water. A very quiet, laid back hostel, very clean except for the bathroom which had no mats, so water everywhere, hard to change clothes. Beds very comfortable, warm & had heaters in each room! There isn't a restaurant or cafe & can't use the kitchen, if you bring food the staff will cook for you at a price & offer free tea during the day. No TV or music.