La Casa Del Sol Reviews

N° 03 Derb Tijani/Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco

Security: Always having at least a person guarding the entrance & room lock was secured Location: difficult to find if not doing "youtube search" BUT it's in the heart of "medina" Staff: absolutely friendly & helpful Atmosphere: N/A as staying for 1 night only Cleanliness: 10 out of 10 Value of $: for that amount of money can stay in that room for 1 night, nothing to say except "excellent" Facilities: boiled water provided, 2 minor damages found in my room's bathroom, overall were good

place,chance to book the tours from there as well. Only downside of the toilet being all the way and the doors being thin so you can hear everything .

I loved staying at Casa Del Sol! The hostel is run by a very sweet family, which makes the atmosphere comfortable and safe. It's also a quiet place, which I really appreciated. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, comfortable, and not as tightly packed as some of the other hostels I have stayed at. The location in the medina is very convenient and close to everything.

• 26th Sep 2015

We had a wonderful stay at the Casa del Sol. Massin is a wonderful host - when we arrived we where greated with mint-tea and a wonderful explanation on the workings of Marrakesh - tips and suggestions that were very valuable. We also booked a deser trip through Massin and on our return were welcomed with an amazing home-cooked tajine. Best I ever had in Morocco. Thus, when we returned to Marrakesh the last time before our flight home, there was no question where we wanted to stay. Thanks Massin!

The hosrel is nice, good location and the staff very friendly, close to Jemma el Fna square. The only objection is that there is only on bathroom for the dorms, and sometimes it's very busy and you have to wait too much time..

Great Hostel, good value. Massim is incredibly helpful and kind! Thanks for all the help with the prices of things at the markets

Very good experience. Massin is a great guy that gives you some useful advice about the city. He recommended me as wel a local hammam which I can definitely recommend.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Casa Del Sol was great. The owner is so kind and willing to help you in any way, including giving you some information about the history of the city and the Berber people. The riad was lovely, we had a private room with an en suite which was very clean. The only thing I would say is that it advertised that it has a swimming pool but it doesn't. There is a pool in the riad next to it but the whole riad has to be hired out. would definitely recommend this to other travellers. Thanks for everything

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The owner and his wife both speak English, and are extremely informative and helpful. He also owns a company which organizes desert trips, of which I made use and it was great. Within the Medina, but yet still very quiet at night. I would just recommend fans in the dorm. Lovely breakfast too. The only downside is that the bathrooms are downstairs and dorm on 3rd floor, bit far. But great place to stay! Thank you for a great time!

Friendly and helpfull staff, nice starting point in marrakesh. They also arrange trips, though we overheard something about a bad experience from another group. But for us a great stay.

It's a beautiful place: great house, centrally located (yet quiet at night), super nice host, clean... everything you can wish for :) Nice rooftop terrace! I can highly recommend La Casa del Sol and would definitely come back :)

Excellent location within the souks, a few minutes walking from the main square. Fast, stable WiFi. However, the best part of the hostel is the staff. They are a very nice, accommodating couple with a wonderful 2-year old daughter. They speak excellent English, and when I first arrived, they helped me book a tour for the following day. Due to my own stupidity, I lost my camera during the tour, but to cheer me up, they invited me to have a delicious tagine lunch with them! Truly wonderful people!

• 2nd Sep 2015

This is a small family run hostel by Hassan and his beautiful family. The hostel is located in the quiet streets in the Medina just off of Jemaa ElFna making it easy to find your way home. Hassan and his wife were such great hosts that we ended up staying another night. They provided us with suggestions on other cities/hostels, things to do and watch out for and just overall great hospitality as if we were their own house guests. Hassan also picked us up/drop of us at the airport/bus station.

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Marrakesh. The hospitality showed to me by Hassan and his family was nothing short of exceptional, they made me feel right at home and no task was ever too much for them. The hostel itself is a beautiful place to stay and super cheap, plus is ideally situated in the medina less than a five minute walk from the square. A great place to stay, you won't regret it!

This hostel is absolutely wonderful. Besides being clean and welcoming, the host was superb. friendly, helpful, and fun. I loved every moment of my stay here. Definitely would stay here again if ever in Marrakech

• 27th Aug 2015

great place with the comfort of a 4* hotel, really loved it and would stay there again if i return to Marrakech

a great place to stay, very clean Riad, the rooms are very cozy & comfortable, the hosts are very nice & helpful... and breakfast is really delicious

great hostel: well located, very comfortable rooms, their breakfast is a must... do not hesitate to book there

We had a really really really good stay at Casa Del Sol. We couldn't imagine a better, more friendly and positive host. The best tajinne we had during our travel trough Maroc was when we had dinner at Casa Del Sol. The owner served our dinner at the rooftop. Location is great, in 3 minutes you are at the Djama El Fna. The hostel is clean and our room looked very cozy.

i had a great time at La casa del sol, when i first arrived the owner offered me a mint tea and gave me a map with all the information i needed to take great profit of my Moroccan experience...very clean hostel very calm and their breakfast is a must... highly recommended