La Casa Hostal de Lili Reviews

Carrera 6 n3 45, Salento, Colombia

Worst hostel ever. We booked 6 bed but when we arrived there where just 3 beds for us so that we had to share with somebody with out really wanting to be with that person in a bed. We were told to get a discount...just 3000 pesos cheaper. Very unfriendly administration. I cant recommend this place to anybody. Worst hostel I have been to.

We only stayed the one night but very glad we picked Lili's place. She has to be one of the most welcoming hosts I've ever had. What's more, she had bags of advice for us and the beds were even more comfortable than my one back in England! Excellent central location, but did mean there were some noisy locals at times throughout the night, although we were told the police usually move them on. Thoroughly recommended, especially for the price.

• 14th Mar 2015

We absolutely LOVED our stay with Lili!! She's the most welcoming, warm, kind and loveable lady who's in the perfect job because she just adores to make you feel at home and happy staying with her :) The location was perfect, just a block from the plaza - we couldn't have been happier! The facilities were brilliant even with shared bathrooms and the wifi was good, although we couldn't get it in the outside room, plus Lili's campesino breakfast for only $6000 was out of this world, just yum!!

• 3rd Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The house has lots of character and the room was comfortable. Lili is very happy and caring host and makes you feel comfortable in the hostel from the moment you walk in the door. She rents bikes and boots for hikes and connected us with a guide for an awesome morning of horseback riding.

Perfectly located on Carrera 6, just a block or so from the main square in Salento, Casa Lili is the ideal hostel in Salento. Lili herself is the friendliest hostess you could hope to meet. Her joie de vivre is infectious and you will be dancing with her within seconds of meeting her. Rooms are spacious and clean, breakfasts are hearty and the showers and kitchen are kept spotless by Margharita. Hoghly recommended.

This hostel is like no other hostel I have stayed at. Lili is extremely warm and welcoming and makes you feel right at home. Note that this is a Spanish speaking hostel, which I loved. Lili is patient and will help you communicate to her in Spanish, and her staff is also Spanish speaking only. My Spanish is basic at best, but I loved being in the Spanish speaking environment (have had a lot of experiences with English, English, English in the hostels). Beds are big and comfy. Lockers. Stay here!

La Casa Hostal de Lili is really a very good location in Salento. Margarita is very helpfully and friendly. We have had a very good time in this beautiful, clean and lovely staffed hostel.

• 26th Jan 2015

Margarita was very direct, kind and friendly. She cooked very good and cheep breakfast. The room was confortable and you get anything you need. Nice stay!

• 25th Jan 2015

Margarita was such a lovely host, I would return just see her smiling face

This is one of my favorite hostels! I will definitely treasure this place! Salento is beautiful, and the staff is great! The lady welcomed me with coffee, and she also made it for us every morning! She's super nice! The view of the city is nice from the balcony. I also met really cool people!

If there is heaven on earth, it is right here in salento. And lili is the best place to stay where love flows like water.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • India

When we arrived the owner was not happy to see us and seemed frustrated we couldn't speak much Spanish! She seemed happier the following days but it was really hard to communicate with her. She spoke really fast and didn't seem to be bothered about helping us understand like the other reviews said. The guesthouse is very clean and homely though. The location is excellent, right n the heart of town.

Great host, friendly atmosphere, cosy hostel

LA casa de lili is a cosy little place, right in the center of Salento (not that it is really big). Lili and Margarita were very welcoming and very very happy to help. I think lili spoke english but she made me practise my spanish (and spoke very slowly).

Lili was so friendly and welcoming, offering us coffee on arrival and giving us a great recommendation for a cafe for more coffee and cake. The hostel has a nice relaxed vibe. Clean bathrooms and good wifi. The breakfast (which isn't included in the price, but definitely worth the 6,000 extra) was delicious. Negatives: I had a freezing cold shower, and we took the double room overlooking the street on a Saturday night, which was loud, so choose a room towards the back near the lovely garden.