La Casa Hostal de Lili Reviews

Carrera 6 n3 45, Salento, Colombia

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The house has lots of character and the room was comfortable. Lili is very happy and caring host and makes you feel comfortable in the hostel from the moment you walk in the door. She rents bikes and boots for hikes and connected us with a guide for an awesome morning of horseback riding.

Perfectly located on Carrera 6, just a block or so from the main square in Salento, Casa Lili is the ideal hostel in Salento. Lili herself is the friendliest hostess you could hope to meet. Her joie de vivre is infectious and you will be dancing with her within seconds of meeting her. Rooms are spacious and clean, breakfasts are hearty and the showers and kitchen are kept spotless by Margharita. Hoghly recommended.

This hostel is like no other hostel I have stayed at. Lili is extremely warm and welcoming and makes you feel right at home. Note that this is a Spanish speaking hostel, which I loved. Lili is patient and will help you communicate to her in Spanish, and her staff is also Spanish speaking only. My Spanish is basic at best, but I loved being in the Spanish speaking environment (have had a lot of experiences with English, English, English in the hostels). Beds are big and comfy. Lockers. Stay here!

La Casa Hostal de Lili is really a very good location in Salento. Margarita is very helpfully and friendly. We have had a very good time in this beautiful, clean and lovely staffed hostel.

• 26th Jan 2015

Margarita was very direct, kind and friendly. She cooked very good and cheep breakfast. The room was confortable and you get anything you need. Nice stay!

• 25th Jan 2015

Margarita was such a lovely host, I would return just see her smiling face

This is one of my favorite hostels! I will definitely treasure this place! Salento is beautiful, and the staff is great! The lady welcomed me with coffee, and she also made it for us every morning! She's super nice! The view of the city is nice from the balcony. I also met really cool people!

If there is heaven on earth, it is right here in salento. And lili is the best place to stay where love flows like water.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • India

When we arrived the owner was not happy to see us and seemed frustrated we couldn't speak much Spanish! She seemed happier the following days but it was really hard to communicate with her. She spoke really fast and didn't seem to be bothered about helping us understand like the other reviews said. The guesthouse is very clean and homely though. The location is excellent, right n the heart of town.

Great host, friendly atmosphere, cosy hostel

LA casa de lili is a cosy little place, right in the center of Salento (not that it is really big). Lili and Margarita were very welcoming and very very happy to help. I think lili spoke english but she made me practise my spanish (and spoke very slowly).

Lili was so friendly and welcoming, offering us coffee on arrival and giving us a great recommendation for a cafe for more coffee and cake. The hostel has a nice relaxed vibe. Clean bathrooms and good wifi. The breakfast (which isn't included in the price, but definitely worth the 6,000 extra) was delicious. Negatives: I had a freezing cold shower, and we took the double room overlooking the street on a Saturday night, which was loud, so choose a room towards the back near the lovely garden.

Very nice little town Salento and nice little hostel. Owner is very kind and caring. Beds are very comfortable with reading light as well. Difficult language barrier though for people not fleunt in Spanish. Clean and tidy hostel. Lights are off early and so it's quiet. Communal area with TV & breakfast is around COP 6000 with three options. Good to walk up to Valle de Cocora and goto La Eliana Restaurant which the owner does a great coffee afternoon in English of how to prepare, history etc...

Lovely hostel in a good location in the centre of town. Great communal areas including a lounge area and fantastic kitchen that guests can use. Showers were excellent (and hot)! We were in the private double in the "shed" in the yard which was cosy and comfortable. Shared bathrooms were good and always clean. Breakfast (6.000 pesos) was a highlight; absolutely delicious! We also had free coffee and juice in the morning.

Lili runs a nice hostel. Good atmosphere.