La Casa Hostal de Lili Reviews

Carrera 6 n3 45, Salento, Colombia

Nice place. In the first night the bed was poor and uncomfortable, but than we could change the room and slept much better.

Home away from home, great time, Dona lily was amazing, very nice, great location, best hostel in Salento.

• 6th May 2015
  • Venezuela

Beds are the most comfortable hostel beds I've stayed in to date. It's a peacefully quiet hostel so a great place to stay if that's what you prefer or need some time out from party based hostels. Lili and her assistant Margarita are most welcoming and very patient with poor Spanish language skills and Lili actively tries to help you improve your Spanish.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel located right in the action in Salento. A little quiet when we were there but so was the whole town.

Worst hostel ever. We booked 6 bed but when we arrived there where just 3 beds for us so that we had to share with somebody with out really wanting to be with that person in a bed. We were told to get a discount...just 3000 pesos cheaper. Very unfriendly administration. I cant recommend this place to anybody. Worst hostel I have been to.

We only stayed the one night but very glad we picked Lili's place. She has to be one of the most welcoming hosts I've ever had. What's more, she had bags of advice for us and the beds were even more comfortable than my one back in England! Excellent central location, but did mean there were some noisy locals at times throughout the night, although we were told the police usually move them on. Thoroughly recommended, especially for the price.

• 14th Mar 2015

We absolutely LOVED our stay with Lili!! She's the most welcoming, warm, kind and loveable lady who's in the perfect job because she just adores to make you feel at home and happy staying with her :) The location was perfect, just a block from the plaza - we couldn't have been happier! The facilities were brilliant even with shared bathrooms and the wifi was good, although we couldn't get it in the outside room, plus Lili's campesino breakfast for only $6000 was out of this world, just yum!!

• 3rd Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The house has lots of character and the room was comfortable. Lili is very happy and caring host and makes you feel comfortable in the hostel from the moment you walk in the door. She rents bikes and boots for hikes and connected us with a guide for an awesome morning of horseback riding.

Perfectly located on Carrera 6, just a block or so from the main square in Salento, Casa Lili is the ideal hostel in Salento. Lili herself is the friendliest hostess you could hope to meet. Her joie de vivre is infectious and you will be dancing with her within seconds of meeting her. Rooms are spacious and clean, breakfasts are hearty and the showers and kitchen are kept spotless by Margharita. Hoghly recommended.

This hostel is like no other hostel I have stayed at. Lili is extremely warm and welcoming and makes you feel right at home. Note that this is a Spanish speaking hostel, which I loved. Lili is patient and will help you communicate to her in Spanish, and her staff is also Spanish speaking only. My Spanish is basic at best, but I loved being in the Spanish speaking environment (have had a lot of experiences with English, English, English in the hostels). Beds are big and comfy. Lockers. Stay here!

La Casa Hostal de Lili is really a very good location in Salento. Margarita is very helpfully and friendly. We have had a very good time in this beautiful, clean and lovely staffed hostel.

• 26th Jan 2015

Margarita was very direct, kind and friendly. She cooked very good and cheep breakfast. The room was confortable and you get anything you need. Nice stay!

• 25th Jan 2015

Margarita was such a lovely host, I would return just see her smiling face

This is one of my favorite hostels! I will definitely treasure this place! Salento is beautiful, and the staff is great! The lady welcomed me with coffee, and she also made it for us every morning! She's super nice! The view of the city is nice from the balcony. I also met really cool people!

If there is heaven on earth, it is right here in salento. And lili is the best place to stay where love flows like water.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • India

When we arrived the owner was not happy to see us and seemed frustrated we couldn't speak much Spanish! She seemed happier the following days but it was really hard to communicate with her. She spoke really fast and didn't seem to be bothered about helping us understand like the other reviews said. The guesthouse is very clean and homely though. The location is excellent, right n the heart of town.