La Casa Hostal de Lili Reviews

Carrera 6 n 3-45, Calle Real, Salento, Colombia

Even though the reviews I had read about this place were amazing, I was still blown away by this place. You truely feel like this is a home rather than a hostel - the staff are amazing, the beds are large and comfortable, the location is perfect and the price is very reasonable. Cannot reccommend this place enough!

• 1st Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel is nice, but security is non existant. I got my backpack stolen from the room, because basically anybody can just walk in. The hostel took responsability for the theft and gave me some money to rebuy my things, but definitely not enough

The ladies who run the hostel are pleasant, kitchen is wonderfully stocked and the beds in the 4 bed are large and comfortable. The floor plan is tiny... if people start going to bed you feel obliged to turn off the tv because the rooms are so close and the bathroom functions are built into the lounge - If someone you have just met goes to the loo you are going to hear what they had for lunch! The internet is average and the garden inaccesible after half 9. Would try somewhere else next time.

The owner is extremely friendly! My whole stay felt like I was a part of a family. Lili will surely take care all of your needs. It's not a party hostel so it's easy to get to know the other people staying at the hostel. What I really liked most was the hot water it's very consistent and so refreshing. You won't regret it. The hostel itself is located just a block away from the town center not on the mountain don't rely on the map shown on hostelworld it's very misleading.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Very good location in an old style colonial house with nice people, very clean, small and cosy!

Everything perfect. Location, , staff, comfortable and feel at home. Thanks for everything

Lili and Margarite are very friendly. Beds are large and comfy...could fit two people in one if you're on a tight budget. A block away from town center. Salento was amazing!

Amazing location, you couldn't ask for a better spot. There are two private rooms. one is right off the lounge room, so a bit loud, but it has wifi. The other is off the courtyard; Very private, but no internet. Take your pick! Across the road, 'El Tejadito de Salento (a cafe) does the best granizado (iced chocolate) I've had in my life. Only 5,000 peso with a very generous scoop of ice-cream. Overall, fantastic. Me and my wife are passing back to Cali in a month and will stay here again

Nice place. In the first night the bed was poor and uncomfortable, but than we could change the room and slept much better.

Home away from home, great time, Dona lily was amazing, very nice, great location, best hostel in Salento.

• 6th May 2015
  • Venezuela

Beds are the most comfortable hostel beds I've stayed in to date. It's a peacefully quiet hostel so a great place to stay if that's what you prefer or need some time out from party based hostels. Lili and her assistant Margarita are most welcoming and very patient with poor Spanish language skills and Lili actively tries to help you improve your Spanish.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel located right in the action in Salento. A little quiet when we were there but so was the whole town.

Worst hostel ever. We booked 6 bed but when we arrived there where just 3 beds for us so that we had to share with somebody with out really wanting to be with that person in a bed. We were told to get a discount...just 3000 pesos cheaper. Very unfriendly administration. I cant recommend this place to anybody. Worst hostel I have been to.

We only stayed the one night but very glad we picked Lili's place. She has to be one of the most welcoming hosts I've ever had. What's more, she had bags of advice for us and the beds were even more comfortable than my one back in England! Excellent central location, but did mean there were some noisy locals at times throughout the night, although we were told the police usually move them on. Thoroughly recommended, especially for the price.

• 14th Mar 2015

We absolutely LOVED our stay with Lili!! She's the most welcoming, warm, kind and loveable lady who's in the perfect job because she just adores to make you feel at home and happy staying with her :) The location was perfect, just a block from the plaza - we couldn't have been happier! The facilities were brilliant even with shared bathrooms and the wifi was good, although we couldn't get it in the outside room, plus Lili's campesino breakfast for only $6000 was out of this world, just yum!!

• 3rd Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The house has lots of character and the room was comfortable. Lili is very happy and caring host and makes you feel comfortable in the hostel from the moment you walk in the door. She rents bikes and boots for hikes and connected us with a guide for an awesome morning of horseback riding.

Perfectly located on Carrera 6, just a block or so from the main square in Salento, Casa Lili is the ideal hostel in Salento. Lili herself is the friendliest hostess you could hope to meet. Her joie de vivre is infectious and you will be dancing with her within seconds of meeting her. Rooms are spacious and clean, breakfasts are hearty and the showers and kitchen are kept spotless by Margharita. Hoghly recommended.