La Casa Morada Reviews

Calle General Mola 2, Cadiz, Spain

The hostel is rather new and all facilities are in amazing condition. In general the standard is way above usual hostels, and the location is great too, close to the water and in a nice cozy area of Cadiz. The staff is friendly and there is a great patio upstairs. The breakfast is really really good and the hostel is extremely clean. We had a great experience staying there, the only minus is the lack of a larger common area to meet other travellers, though the patio can easily do.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel was really nice, clean and calm. The staff was helpful and kind. The price includes a breakfast which was really appreciated (bread, butter, olive oil, marmelade, juice, coffee and cereals). If you're looking for some social and party, this is not the right place. Or maybe we were left in the wrong room...

Very new and clean hostal. I enjoyed my stay. Not much of a common area to meet people, but for the value and cleanliness it is perfect

Position and breakfast were great. Atmosphere is ok, there's no common room to meet other people, except for the breakfast r The hostel is obviously quite new, so it's normal they're still missing some details... such as a stool to sit in the rooms, otherwise you have to sit on other people's bed, hooks or something to hang clothes and towels in the room. My room could not be closed with a key, I don't know why, the one of my neighbours could. The bathroom door could also not be closed (broken).

This is a great place to stay. You get what you pay for and the staff is really nice. As long as you remember to bring your own soap it has everything you should expect from a drop-in backpacker place like this. Its central and easy to find. Remember your towels travellers.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Negatives: - Shared bathroom was situated right next to our bedroom! Whenever somebody used the bathroom during the night/morning, the fan of the bathroom would roar up, and awaken us next door.. - Shared bathroom was very poorly ventilated and very smelly - Shared bathroom's door lock was broken - No hand soap - The breakfast would start only by 9:30 - a bit too late, if you planned to start the day early. Positives: - Pretty much everything else - location, staff, fast & free wifi...etc.

Realy good hostel with good atmosphere, great stuff, tasty breakfasts and modern stylish rooms, all like on photo! All is new, hot shower in the clean bathroom. Aroma candles near beds)) I like Cadiz and this plase and will come back with pleasure.

Everything was Good. Ps the instruction on how to reach the hostel should be in english too and a map would be helpful too.

It is a great hostel! very clean and very cute right in the heart of the city!

• 2nd May 2014
  • Greece

Everything about this hostel is perfect. It has a great location, it is new and very clean, the kitchen is very clean and they have excellent beakfast. The staff SPEAKS ENGLISH! Guy working there was very helpful. He gave us the map and explained everything for 15 minutes. If you stay in Cadiz, it's definitely the place you should go!

Still a very new hostel so it hasn't got all of the cozy little touches yet like funky artwork on the walls or even a couch. The staff are still a little rusty with their english but all of this will improve with time. I had a great sleep as the beds are super comfy with being brand new so the pillows and duvets are still really puffy and great. I would stay again happily

This hostel is very new (no sign outside yet) so we can chalk up the not-so-amazing atmosphere and sort of awkward check-in process to that. The front desk is in another room with a weird window situation, but the beautiful breakfast and super clean room/bathrooms made up for the shortcoming there. Overall, we were super happy with our stay. We wished there would have been more info/better quality maps available, but I'm sure that will come with time. Our three nights here were excellent.

Awesome hostel, really friendly and knowledgeable owners, in a great location, at a low price = perfecto!

It was all new, very helpfull and kind staff, really good breakfast :D Absolutly I'll come back if I visit Cadiz again