La Casa Roja Reviews

Agustinas 2113, Barrio Brazil, Santiago, Chile

Atmosphere is perfect. Great for solo travelers. They have a nice bar, a ot of common areas, activities almost every night. Staff is super nice. They could improve the showers, they're a bit old. And the matresses and pillows. The beds aren't so confortable, but the rooms are huge and they have great lockers. Seriously, I've stayed in another hostel in Santiago, more confortable and new, but no atmosphere can compare to the one in Casa Roja. Highly recommended.

The kitchen facilities were great, as were the girls behind the desk, however it is super cold inside. Location is ok

good hostel with friendly staff,,, will be back again

welcome back! the new bar just opened and we have a greta sofa for tv time and the world cup!

The staff are friendly and helpful, but the rooms are a bit run down or under renovation. My bed was unbelievably squeaky and we'll too short for me. These are small problems, really, and the hostel is in a cool neighbourhood, a short train ride from the city. Being winter, I had no desire for the pool.

I stayed a while back in both La Casa Roja (Santiago) & SIrena Isolente Hostel (Punta de Lobos). I enjoyed both as the staff were super helpful and we happy to have a drink.

• 26th May 2014

Santiago and this hostel was our introduction to - and first impressions of - South America. Now having traveled around the continent for over 2 months, I wish I could do it over again. This hostel is perfectly good. The cold Santiago weather and drafty rooms precluded us from enjoying ourselves so much. The location is not ideal if you're looking to be close to nightlife - that would be Barrio Bellavista. In summer this hostel would be rad - with the swimming pool and pool bar outside.

Iwas really hoping Casa Roja was a friendly and party hostel. I was deeply wrong. The neighborhood is dangeours desert and people got robbed. If u are looking for night party, forget it. Hostel is far away from the clubs and staff will definitely not going to help you with tips or directions. Actually they are not going to help you at all, terrible staff. Not friendly or interactive. Baths were always dirty and the hostel was pretty empty. The hostel looks good, unfortunately we didnt enjoyed.

too dissapointed I guess you only had bad experiencies but if you got robbed is not the hostel or the neighbour the guilty, roberies are not usual around here, we can always help with the rigth procedures in case it happends and on the other hand the staff is always helping same as volunteers we have a young big new team full of energies to help . too bad you did not enjoy but maybe you were definitely not in the rigth place

Good hostel with lots off space. I was there during low season but i can imagine it being a party hostel during high season.

Considering we were travelling in the fall, probably not the pique of travel season, Barrio Brasil seemed quiet. While adventuring for food or fun and glancing at our travel maps there wasn't much hustle and bustle anywhere. We seemed to adventure more towards Bellas Artes where there were more people out and about and more shops open. The hostel itself was the most beautiful, so large and so much presence of history. Also the best hostel breakfast we had on our entire trip!

Its a great hostel if your looking for a party every night. Its loud every night, no wifi in the bedrooms and no towels and no hand soap in the bathrooms

that's why we have 2 hostels one for party and another boutique option as princesa insolente, same owners trying to inyect the best new vibes the imposing casa roja hostel

verry high Price for a room with just a hard bed. this house is old and verry loud. the stuff was talking verry loud the whole nite in front of ower door. the pool was ugly...not like on the Picture.

uff hard definition but not necesarily staff, sometimes same passenger are more unrespectful with other than you think, believe me. on the other hand how can a pool be ugly? maybe you were in a bad mood we are not in summer time and it keeps clean all year long

Good hostel overall. Staff were awesome! Only thing the hostel wasn't clean regularly over the Easter weekend and got quite dirty! Good location.

we are the oldest hostel of santiago but we are working on some wood to get a cleaner and newest style ;)

Average hostel. Kitchen and toilets not the cleanest I've seen. Garden is nice to hang out, relatively close to metro. Hostel is big and more party than proper chill out.

a fun social hostel with a great outside bar for meeting people and lots of comfortable squishy sofas to browse the web or chat to people on. The staff were helpful and organised me a transfer to the airport and were always on hand to answer questions to the best of their ability. There are a few issues with noise... I was unsure why when there were plenty of rooms upstairs they filled the rooms downstairs when you can hear people. Bathrooms needed cleaning more regularly. Location is okay.

we are restyling upstairs so we can have better facilities for winter time. As different hostel owners our style is to get people to meet different cultures to make out of your time with us a memorable experience

Great facilities. Easy to meet people. Highly recommended. Bathroom were a bit messy.

yes up to 100 different cultures around! and the whole restyling of the house and bar will get this palce better every day for having the best experiences and met some good friends for sure

Huge hostel with awesome pool and outdoor area and large kitchen though no breakfast. Nice bathrooms, comfy beds with big lockers. Decent wifi in most areas. Ok location but a bit far from the center of things. Staff were often busy due to the high volume of people but friendly when you could flag one down.

Had a fantastic time at La Casa Roja, very accommodating and facilities were good. Definitely worth recommending. administrative Staff could be a little bit more attentive but tour staff are willing to help with anything which was very helpful. Atmosphere was also great and people were always interacting with each other.

What can I say about this place - first you might be worried at your choice; then you might warm to the place; and finally see it as pretty good. Seeing water from showers dripping onto the bottom floor bathroom was a bit disconcerting but it was fixed pretty quick. This is a big hostel with a big hostel vibe so it is hard to enter into the social mix, especially when some are staff, but the best bet is to plonk yourself front and centre at the pool-side bar and grab a beer! Good times.

This hostel is absolutely huge! tons of space and bathrooms so your never waiting for a toilet or shower. I found the cleaning times odd, the bathrooms were always a mess in the mornings. Showers didnt always have hot water. The outdoor pool is amazing, great social hangout spot .. lots to do when just hanging out for the day at the hostel. Ping pong table, hammocks, cricket cage. Overall, a good experience. I recommend this hostel! ALSO.. sign up for the free city tour, great guide!!

A good hostel. Although it's a 'party place', the building is so huge that you can always find some quiet place if you want/need to read something, work a little, or just be alone. On the other hand, if you do want to party, there're always lots of people (it seems to be always full!), a nice outside area, a pool, a bar, etc. The pace may be a bit exhausting if you are not on the mood to party everyday, but for a short stay and a cool vacation period, it is totally recommended!