La Casa Roja Reviews

Agustinas 2113, Barrio Brazil, Santiago, Chile

The staff was very helpful when asked for information, but the men's room wasn't good. Room 19 is awful.

Very good hostel! Bit dirty in places but it's a hostel, what do you expect! Great atmosphere, great kitchen and most of great staff and people! Definitely recommended!!!!

Need a printer that works for guests and also laundry arrangements. I couldn't get either done here.

Rates for this hostel would be higher if quiteness is ensured outside the dorms. In fact many noises came from the corridors and the other premises of the hostel. I'm not referring to the noises of late nate parties, but at the noises of some guests that they did in the early morning which made harder the sleep of the guests staying in the dorm.

Unfortunately, the most of the staff was not so so helpfull and cleanness also.

Terrific atmosphere, perfect place for the solo traveller. Might be a bit rougher around the edges than its sister hostel, pricnesa insolente, but if you want to make friends and have a great time meeting tonnes of people, then give this place a whirl, it made my trip in santiago.

terrific atmosphere for terrific guests for sure! good vibes are all around the house and also at our sister hostel princesa insolente, you can meet tonnes of peoples we have 150 beds for guests all together! bar inside and outside, thematic nigths and nice staff. if you come with good vibes you gonna have a fun time here with us for sure

Atmosphere is perfect. Great for solo travelers. They have a nice bar, a ot of common areas, activities almost every night. Staff is super nice. They could improve the showers, they're a bit old. And the matresses and pillows. The beds aren't so confortable, but the rooms are huge and they have great lockers. Seriously, I've stayed in another hostel in Santiago, more confortable and new, but no atmosphere can compare to the one in Casa Roja. Highly recommended.

we are working on making the best facilities for our guests, we started by the atmosphere getting new spots inside the house and giving life and good vibes to this huge mansion as we do in our other 3 hostels around chile, better pillow matresses and new facilities are coming for sure! go around chile by tpihostels.cl- princesa insolente hostel santiago- princesa insolente hostel pucon- sirena insolente hostel pichilemu- and princesa insolente

The kitchen facilities were great, as were the girls behind the desk, however it is super cold inside. Location is ok

well this is super huge mansion but we have heaters, make sure you ask for them if you need them near you, staff will be attending you for sure! from october enjoy the bar outside music and beers for sunny days!

good hostel with friendly staff,,, will be back again

welcome back! the new bar just opened and we have a greta sofa for tv time and the world cup!

The staff are friendly and helpful, but the rooms are a bit run down or under renovation. My bed was unbelievably squeaky and we'll too short for me. These are small problems, really, and the hostel is in a cool neighbourhood, a short train ride from the city. Being winter, I had no desire for the pool.

I stayed a while back in both La Casa Roja (Santiago) & SIrena Isolente Hostel (Punta de Lobos). I enjoyed both as the staff were super helpful and we happy to have a drink.

• 26th May 2014

Santiago and this hostel was our introduction to - and first impressions of - South America. Now having traveled around the continent for over 2 months, I wish I could do it over again. This hostel is perfectly good. The cold Santiago weather and drafty rooms precluded us from enjoying ourselves so much. The location is not ideal if you're looking to be close to nightlife - that would be Barrio Bellavista. In summer this hostel would be rad - with the swimming pool and pool bar outside.

Iwas really hoping Casa Roja was a friendly and party hostel. I was deeply wrong. The neighborhood is dangeours desert and people got robbed. If u are looking for night party, forget it. Hostel is far away from the clubs and staff will definitely not going to help you with tips or directions. Actually they are not going to help you at all, terrible staff. Not friendly or interactive. Baths were always dirty and the hostel was pretty empty. The hostel looks good, unfortunately we didnt enjoyed.

too dissapointed I guess you only had bad experiencies but if you got robbed is not the hostel or the neighbour the guilty, roberies are not usual around here, we can always help with the rigth procedures in case it happends and on the other hand the staff is always helping same as volunteers we have a young big new team full of energies to help . too bad you did not enjoy but maybe you were definitely not in the rigth place

Good hostel with lots off space. I was there during low season but i can imagine it being a party hostel during high season.

Considering we were travelling in the fall, probably not the pique of travel season, Barrio Brasil seemed quiet. While adventuring for food or fun and glancing at our travel maps there wasn't much hustle and bustle anywhere. We seemed to adventure more towards Bellas Artes where there were more people out and about and more shops open. The hostel itself was the most beautiful, so large and so much presence of history. Also the best hostel breakfast we had on our entire trip!

Its a great hostel if your looking for a party every night. Its loud every night, no wifi in the bedrooms and no towels and no hand soap in the bathrooms

that's why we have 2 hostels one for party and another boutique option as princesa insolente, same owners trying to inyect the best new vibes the imposing casa roja hostel

verry high Price for a room with just a hard bed. this house is old and verry loud. the stuff was talking verry loud the whole nite in front of ower door. the pool was ugly...not like on the Picture.

uff hard definition but not necesarily staff, sometimes same passenger are more unrespectful with other than you think, believe me. on the other hand how can a pool be ugly? maybe you were in a bad mood we are not in summer time and it keeps clean all year long