La Casa de David Reviews

Plaza Jesus Nazareno, 14 - 2 C -Segunda Planta, Cadiz, Andalucia, Spain

the location is great. it was expensive for what was provided. the rooms were small and the kitchen is small. the breakfast was very basic and as a BnB have stayed in hostels that have been better.

I my eyes La Casa de David is the perfect place to really get the vibes of the city and get to know the atmosphere. It is right in the center of the interesting old part of the city and 2 blocks from the beach. Nowadays there are so many big hostels with no character. This place is full of character, added by the Owner David who appears to be more like a flatmate - really helpful and funny. I had a great time there. I thought it is also great that they have a diverse breakfast with fruits.

• 12th Sep 2013

If you are in Cadiz, that Hostel is the place to check in. La casa de David is the nice little home of David, and those other guests and is creating a unique atmosphere - thats why you just have to book this one. Totally recommending this place. Near the beach. Near some supermarkets. Near some nice go-out places. And BEST stuff ever! Big love for them!!!

• 21st Aug 2013

Casa di David can offers friendly mood, in wich you can fell at home. Wi-fi speed is very excellent, house keepers are nice and available. The position is also good, in the middle of the old part, very close to the sea side and to all the services.

• 19th Aug 2013

It´s not a real hostel, its actually just a Flat (or 2 flats) rented out to people. No facilities to hang out, just your bed. Not enought space in the kitchen to have breakfast for that much people. Neigbours complaining about the noice of the travelers in the flat. Its just not a hostel...

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Spain

Of course it is not a Hostel, it is just a Bed and Breakfast. Pitty that many people don t bother to read the description of the place. I just make her a comment not to make noise because neighbors complain and she seem not to like it. I think she would have preferred to book a noisy hostel but I think it is not my falult if she had a different idea of the place because she could not read the description. Many people find it charming precisely because it is a cosy and familiar place.

too expensive for the service (no payment by card, paltry breakfast)

A very good location as you are 2 mins from the beach, this is great however there wasn't much peace of mind as there were not any locks for the rooms or lockers available. quite a small living and sleeping area and quite pricey in this regard.

All rooms have Padlocks or Combination locks. As it is such familiar and relaxed atmosphere, like being in your own house, most travellers just leave them on the shelf of the rooms but the locks are ALWAYS AVAILABLE and placed in the rooms, even if nobody asks for them. Also you have the option of using your own padlock too if you wish. In 8 years absolutely nothing has been missing to any guest, not even a phone charger.

Really unorganised staff, I was not told directions to the place even though I booked awhile ago

Even though she booked on August 9th to come on the 11th, peak season, we did send detailed directions to her e-mail address. We are sorry if she could not check her e-mail account.

La Casa de David is a superb place to stay in Cadiz. David is such a great guy, and makes everybody feel like home. In the end, is like having a beach house with your newmade friends!! Excellent time I've had over there!

It is unfortunate that with such a nice location this hostel is not nicer. It is just an apartment where a bunch of bunker beds were piled up. They definitely need to work more on the atmosphere of the place.

• 31st Jul 2013
  • Spain

My stay at la Casa de David was an absolute joy! The hostel environment was highly conducive to sociability, with everyone hanging out together, both throughout the day and in the evenings, which was extremely refreshing. Best of all is David, one of the most generous and dedicated hosts I've ever had the pleasure of staying with, and an all-round sweet heart. He truly made my stay in Cadiz, and I feel very grateful to have spent time with him (but wish I could have stayed longer!)

Very familiar atmosphere No computer, only wifi

great locarion and facility. haved stayed there in the past and will return

Very good hostel in a nice and quite patio, very cleaned. Went out with david,pedro and the people of the hostel on saturday night and we had good time.

David is a nice guy, and his place is well located by a VERY busy beach. But: there is no communal space, few (and generic) local recommendations. Breakfast consists of expired fruit, musli, and instant coffee, and little guest interaction. It offers a clean bed, shower and toilet. Also a kitchen, but it's impractical when you have to eat your meal in the host's bedroom. Anywhere else, this hostel would cost 8€, but there's no competition in Cadiz. Forego this city for somewhere better. Tarifa.

I loved staying at Casa de David. It is a literal converted apartment, so one must expect to stay at a home rather than a large hostel when booking. I chose this hostel because it was one of the least expensive in Cadíz, and it was right on the ocean. David was very nice and other guests and I ended up eating out with him a couple of times. He had great recommendations for places to eat and things to do. Cadíz is the most gorgeous city in Spain and even though Casa de David is in the best part!

We stayed here for two nights and very much enjoyed our stay. It is a cool little hostel that worked well for our weekend get away.

• 17th Jul 2013

This is not a hostel or a bed and breakfast, this is an awesome home where everybody hangs together like a family. David is SO nice :) He came with us to party and where with us all the time like a friend. Very funny place.

It was a bit difficult to find La Casa de David, as there was now sighn at the entrance. When I arrived I didn't know what to think of this place, as it is not a usual Hostal with no reception. But after I got to know everything I really liked this place. It is more like a living community. I was offered a drink when I arrived, David would go out wiht us and he would be a friend and help with a lot of stuff. Unfortunately the bathroom was a bit dirty and the shower drain wouldmn't work properly.

I had an amazing time in Cadiz with David. I met his friends and other travelers and they all ensured I had a great trip to Cadiz. I will try to stay with him when I go back!

View all Cadiz Bed and Breakfasts