La Casa de David Reviews

Plaza Jesus Nazareno, 14 - 2 C -Segunda Planta, Cadiz, Spain

The owner, David, has been really nice with us. But when we arrived at night to sleep, we didn't have sheets... Well David was really sorry about that and he told us that we had to call him. Anyway, we stayed only one night but we found that a bit expensive for a hostel. But we thank David for his attention.

Rafa was really kind and nice. they were like a family.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

The hostel has a great location and everything, the best thing about it is the atmosphere. David is really welcoming and helpful, and sets the tone for a great, friendly ambience. A great place to meet people as well. Would definitely recommend, and would definitely go back!

• 13th Aug 2014

At first I wasn't sure of the hostel bc the owner has a creepy vibe and comes off weird.To check in took forever.I stayed there 4 days,he means we'll and is harmless.It was the people and staff that made my stay awesome.It's got a very homey feel and you can make friends easily.The free breakfast is great, and it's very laid back there.The owner, Davide, who comes off creepy, is a nice guy and offered snacks and drinks upon arrival, gave me a thorough map with lots of information. I'd go back!

After this guest made the reservation on Hostelworld she started sending messages about her wish to stay in my house for a longer stay as a helper. She was insistent on this until the moment she was leaving. I accepted another guest as a helper instead whom she knew here. So I think the odd review she wrote was due to my refusal about having her here as a helper.

It was all perfect. Right next to the beach. Great self service breakfast. David was so helping and proposed several things to do and see. He also organized a paella night in the house to teach to cook spanish meals. You feel like part of a family there.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The Hostel was really good and david was nice however it had kind of a weird in smell and our roommate was much older so note that there is no age restriction.

Nearly all our guests are young, educated travelers. This older Spanish man booked a bed in a dorm of 4. I told him when he came that it was not allowed to smoke in the house but he smoked in the room ! leaving a bad smell. As soon as I found out I warned him again about smoking and left him alone in the dorm for him not to bother other guests. I did all I had to do in this fortuitous situation that could have taken place anywhere else... You can only smoke in the balcony of our new house.

David was a gracious host who hung out with us and provided not only a place to stay but also company. He gave us great advice on places to go and even introduced us to some of his friends. The helps that were there were also great and very fun to hang out with and get to know!

View all Cadiz Bed and Breakfasts