La Casa de Zarela

8.8
Fabulous 102 Total Reviews

22nd Sep 2016
7.4

We were there around the end of the season and not a whole lot going on. Neat building, clean rooms, awesome breakfast, good wifi in the lobby area.

18th Sep 2016

Very beautiful place, love the terraces. Good wifi. Unfortunately no breakfast included. Zarela was very helpful, we were sad she wasn't there for the full duration of our stay. The other staff had limited English.

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Sep 2016

I stayed at casa de zarela for 4 days in a dorm and it was really nice. While I was there it was low season so there where only two other girls in my room. The location is good , the staff and owner really friendly and helpful . I arrived at 5 am at night and they where there to let me in even without confirmation . I also didn't have to pay the night/morning I arrived. Good hostel!

• England, Female, 31-40
6th Sep 2016

Zarela is such a helpful host and genuinely looking to make sure you enjoy Huaraz and the surrounding mountains. The breakfast is the best I've had and only a few soles more. Very comfortable home while you plan your treks and a nice place to return to after camping in the mountains. I will be going back next year :)

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
29th Aug 2016

I stayed at La Casa de Zarela before and between some treks. On beforehand I read at the amazing hospitality. Everything was as people described. Zarela and her staff are amazing and will help you to get the most out of Huaraz and its beautiful surroundings. Highly recommended if you're up for trekking/mountaineering! Niels te Brake Holanda

• USA, Male, 25-30
20th Aug 2016

This is your hostel. Zarela knows everything and is incredibly accommodating for all us activity travelers with gear we need to leave for a week, showers we need to take after check out, etc. The food is not included, but very good. The hostel is clean and has a ton of open hang out space. The best place I've stayed in Peru. One thing could be better is the quality of the WiFi but that could be a Hauraz thing. I mean it seems she is trying since here are 5 different ones.