La Casa de Zarela

Superb 114 Total Reviews
Superb 114 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
5th May 2017

The place itself is lovely and made even more o by Zarela herself. The evenings can be spent at the house with her, new friends and some lovely Thai food. I stayed in a dorm which worked perfectly for me, and after my 4 day Santa Cruz trek was even allowed back to shower and pick up my stuff from the baggage room. Overall its an excellent place and I'd definitely go back.

• England, Male, 31-40
25th Apr 2017

Wonderful hostel and lovely owner who makes you feel so welcome. She even let me shower and freshen up after a days trekking even though I'd checked out earlier that day and just left my bag there for safe keeping. Hot water! Comfy beds! Super fast wifi (easy to download on netflix) and great food if you're hungry. Would stay there again a second.

• England, Couple, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

Beautiful and clean hostel with a lovely and helpful owner who is always happy to assist you with anything you may need. Our private room was spacious and of a hotel standard. The dorms also looked very nice. The restaurant downstairs does delicious Thai food for an affordable price. Definitely stay here!

• jeffersonzef
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
12th Apr 2017

Zarela is a lovely host and makes you feel at home the moment you walk through the door. I comfortably stayed 3 nights in a 6 bed dorm. Laundry service on point! I had the Pad Thai and red curry - both were beyond expectations!! Her produce is coming from a local organic garden. Would highly recommend staying here. Breakfast on all accounts was delicious with real French press coffee.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
1st Mar 2017

Zarela (the owner) is a great host. Being low season I was lucky to have the whole dorm to myself the first couple of nights. I stayed 4 in total. Great service, comfy beds and awesome shower. If your a bit tired of the local cuisine in South America then get into the Thai dishes and Vietnamese Pho that she offers. They are excellent dishes with the pho and pad thai being my favourites. Cooked really really well and taste just like they do in the countries itself!