La Casa de Zarela Reviews

Jr. Julio Arguedas 1263, La Soledad, Huaraz, Peru

Very friendly staff welcome you to the mountains. This hostel has a great 4th floor terrance with a great view. on a clear day you can see Huascaran mountain. They make Laguna Churup and 69 easy to get to with their drivers. Great vibe, clean rooms, and a 7 minute walk to Plaza de Armas.

as starting the off season the place was very quiet so even ended up in a 4 bed dorm on own. im sure in full season different but very ha d to meet people now. on the positive hot showers, comfortable bed and good location. unlike advertised they do not speak english. if you do 4 day hike and taking the nigt bus out you have to pay 10s for a shower.

Great location, extremely friendly people! I ran out of money, the receptionist told me to pay later. These people are so helpful. It's a clean and quiet place. Don't think twice.

The staff are so friendly and helpful. Super relaxed as well. They trusted us to pay when we left and for our excursions as well. Definitely a climber vibe to the hostel meaning it's quiet as climbers are usually out in the mountains! Easy to book your tours through the hostel as well. There were 4 of staying as Casa de Zarela and it exceeded are expectations in every way!

• 15th Sep 2015

Great place to stay in Huaraz. Staff doesn't speak English, but that didn't really deter me. Had a wonderful time staying there. Soft comfy beds and good wifi, if you are into that sort of thing.

• 1st Sep 2015

The owner is charming and trusting and works hard to keep her customers happy. The bed was the best I had in my three weeks in Peru. The carpet in our room needed replacing but overall the facilities are in very good condition and this was my favorite Peruvian hostel. Everyone we met here was a climber, so it's a great place if you want to learn of good hikes or climbs in the Cordillera Blanca.

highly recommended!!!