La Casa del Barrio Reviews

Diego de Montemayor 1227 Sur Col Centro Barrio Ant, Monterrey, Mexico

I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm. The beds are ok, the room is somewhat dark and not very confy, but not too bad. However, I found the whole athmosphere weird. The other guests where middle aged and were not travelling but actually living at the hostel, but what really made me feel unconfortable was that he door at the dorm did not close well and one of the guys was peeping through it while I was changing clothes. When I noticed i went to face him and he just fled. Bad experience.

I stayed here for one night. The place is close to many attractions in the old district of Monterrey. They have a restaurant which is really good, breakfast is delicious every morning. They had some issues checking on reservations made only. I didn't like the fact that the guy at the reception doesn't speak any English in a border city like this plus he was never helpful. I recommend staying at the private room not so expensive and very convenient.

I love it here and I'll return. It is close to the center of everything. The hosts are awesome. Its clean. Its value for money. The food is good. However... The internet can be intermittent AND does not extend further than the lobby and the front dorm room. So no wifi in your private rooms. The beds are not great. I had a bad back sleeping here. I have a bad back, but other mentioned the beds were not comfortable. More beds, than lockers. The toilet and showers are outside.

Very nice place but no one speaks any english

I liked the atmosphere of the place, the place itself and the staff's service, but the room I got was super small and the bathroom didn't have a door. Anyways, I would stay there in the future.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

I love this place. The people here are awesome. It is a great location. The staff are awesome and they do great food. My only complaints were the beds were not soft (I have a bad back) and the internet can be intermittent. I met a lot of people here and I have been back here a few times

View all Monterrey Bed and Breakfasts