La Casa del Barrio

Very Good 189 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Couple, 31-40
2nd Sep 2017
2.0

They cancelled my appointment with no prior notification. I got there before the established time to check-in and they just cancelled the whole thing. They explained they tried to contact me at 6:00 pm ON THE SAME DAY, a call I never received because I was flying to get to the city. The guy at the front desk didn't know how to handle anything and it was a mess. I had to go out on the streets after 10:00 pm to find a place to stay without paying a lot of money. They were almost cynical.

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
20th Aug 2017
5.7

Simple cheap hostel. No A/C in ANY room, take this in mind specially if you are planning to stay at summer time. My plan was to spend the night there, but my room got so hot at some point during the middle of the night that I decided to leave and get a hotel room.

6th Aug 2017
8.0

Had a nice stay at this hostel. There were not many people staying there for the two nights I stayed so the backpacking atmosphere I was looking for was nonexistent, nonetheless it was in a great location. Lots of bars right down the street! It was a hot in the dorm, but no one else was in mine so i could put both fans on me. Staff was helpful as they could be with my bad Spanish.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
24th Jul 2017

I stayed two nights here. The hostel is in the Antigua district so it is very nice to walk around the old streets with their colourful houses. The hostel itself is very characterful and lovely with colourful walls. Staff were friendly and very helpful to me. The room was quiet. You can't use the kitchen as it is used for eatery there. Overall a very nice restful stay.

• darthjasc849
  • Mexico, Couple, 25-30
20th Jun 2017

No hay aire acondicionado No a/c

• Mexico, Male, 18-24
9th Jun 2017
7.4

Good and kinda worth the price but I never knew how to use the hot water in the shower, also, they cleaned the room only once during my 3 nights stay.

×