La Casa del Barrio Reviews

Diego de Montemayor 1227 Sur Col Centro Barrio Ant, Monterrey, Mexico

The owner of the place is a great guy: very welcoming, nice, helpful and interesting to talk to. But that's the only highlight of the hostel. Other staff don't speak any English, wanted to charge me more than amount stated in booking confirmation at checkin. Security is poor, they don't give you any keys, front door is open most day, the dorm door doesn't have any lock and is right by the front door. Troubles with hot water (not available 24/7, you need to ask the staff to switch on the boiler).

This hostal had a home-y feeling to it; the workers have a lot on their plate. since only one person is in charge of doing clerical duties. They don't give you keys for going out late at night; they would rather you tell them at what time you plan on coming back so that they are awake. The kitchen is really busy on Sundays, so if you plan on showering, you have to make sure you do it before the busy hours, since you'll be walking past the people eating waffles for breakfast.

Stayed in private room. Quite sparse - looked a bit like a prison but was clean so ok. Could no get hot water out of shower. More like a cheap B and B than a hostel. Staff did not speak any English. Tried to arrange a tour through the hostel over email but when I arrived there was no confirmation. But great location and fab breakfasts!

Cute hostel in the coolest part of town, walk to great bars and restaurants etc. Hostel is very basic, and absolutely nothing is free, it costs 20 pesos for coffee and although there is a kitchen they run a small cafe so it's not available on the weekends at all, and It costs 50 pesos just to use the stove (microwave is free) so it's better to buy food. There is an Oxxo close which sells coffee and snacks for cheap.

I called the hostel to let them know I wasnt going to make it on time but that I was already in Mty, they say it was ok, that they will save it for me since I had already payed a part ad I let them know early. When I got there they showed me around and took me to my dorm to later wake me up to tell me I had to move because I was late and they had sold my bed to someone else, after an hour discussion I got to stay but it was an unpleasent experience. They close at 2am, won't let you in after that

Nice but really small hostel with only two WC and showers. Air conditioner would make the rooms a lot better.

View all Monterrey Bed and Breakfasts