La Casa del Barrio

Fabulous 176 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 176 Total Reviews

17th Mar 2017

The hostel is ok. Only negative thing was the guy at the front table. He was not from Monterrey and could not give any recommendations. Even the question how I can get to the airport and how much this would cost was too much for him.

12th Mar 2017

Great location in a great city. Very helpful staff and great vibe all around.

7th Mar 2017
7.4

The location and facilities are very nice, however we hit some bumps: - Upon arrival, staff couldn't find our reservation (even though we had the copy on hand) and wouldnt let us settle in until they found it - There's a kitchen but we couldn't use it except for storing things in the fridge, eventually they said we could use it for a daily MX$30 fee (which is very accesible, but a heads up would be nice). Site says no curfew, but if you come back after 11pm be ready to knock a few times.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
30th Dec 2016

Had a group of eight head down for a New Year's celebration. Staff were wonderful, nice art and plants in the common space, and in a great area. Food was available and tasty, too. Not much of a hostel vibe, but since we had a group, we kept ourselves entertained. Highly recommend for a safe, clean, relaxing stay.

26th Dec 2016

Location in the Barrio Antiguo quarters is excellent for exploring the area as it's very close to the downtown Marcoplaza area. Wifi is only available close to reception / lobby, so bear that in mind. Basic private rooms are exactly as described and great value for a private room; however I didn't like the fact that there were no door locks. Staff is friendly / very accommodating but don't speak English much.

• perttumolko
  • Mexico, Male, 31-40
9th Dec 2016
6.9

I was assigned a small private room at the back, besides the laundry machine and literally they turn it on in the morning and you hear it just 1 meter from your ears. This room was cold, freezing and I imagine it was originally a laundry room. I guess they have private rooms more decent, so if you stay here absolutely avoid the laundry room.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
25th Nov 2016
7.7

The staff were so friendly and helpful. Location was good. Only the beds and pillows were really uncomfortable and noisy and dorm was next to the street. Apart from this was a great hostel

11th Nov 2016

I stayed for one night only there were two things I didn't like: 1) It was really cold outside and the room was I guess even colder, I was freezing; 2) I stayed in a "private room", however, there was a group of people in the room next to mine and they were really loud, since the walls are paper thin you can hear everything happening on the other side. Also, consider breakfast is not included and rooms are not cozy.

8th Nov 2016

Excellent location, very friendly and patient staff (and my Spanish is terrible). Would absolutely stay here again. My room (a dorm) seemed to get a bit noisy in the mornings around 8am as they start cleaning and cooking, but actually my roommate slept til 10 no problem. Definitely not as fancy or new as most European hostels but clean and functional. Coffee and a waffle in the morning for under 100 pesos was very convenient as well.