La Casa di Venere Reviews

Via Sant'Antonio 114, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

This hostel just came under new ownership in the last few weeks. Marco, the new owner was a super nice and accommodating host. Upon arrival at the hostel he answered his phone first try and was down to meet me within a minute. The hostel I booked wasn't ready so he took me on a two minute walk to another apartment and gave me a discount because of the change. The new location was of equal quality and security. Marco spoke great English and helped in any way needed.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here at La Casa Di Venere and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The new staff who are taking over are excellent, very friendly, and helpful with all of our questions. The cleanliness and feel of the rooms felt like those of a hotel! I would highly recommend a stay here.

• 28th Jul 2015

We had a nice view of the town. However, too many stairs (more than 60) to climb with a luggage. Good if you are looking for a place to stay, regardless of the comfort. Don't expect too much of the room.

Awful! Please do not stay at this hostel. My friend and I emailed the hostel in advance asking for directions, as there were none on the website, and we never received a response. The hostel was quite difficult to find. Once we arrived there was no one at the hostel. Simply a note stating "check in call this number". We are from Canada and therefore had to make a long distance phone call. It took 3 calls before someone answered. The AC unit in our room was broken, as was the credit card machine.

• 26th Jul 2015

Good hostel, great location one street back from the Main Street, nice modern and clean rooms, no wifi but that's all around Riomaggiore, staff never saw once didn't know how or when to check out and had to check in with the cleaner

This hostel is the worst hostel we have been staying When we arrive cinque terre, we dial the phone but there is no one respond to the phone And we need to find a women in the shop who know the host to help us directly contact the host( which the number is not same as the phone in hostel internet And the staff rudeness and communication make us disappointed too No wifi and air con broken during our stay I wont recommend this hostel to anyone

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

A little inconvenient that my exclusive-use bathroom was across the hallway. I had to lock and unlock both rooms each time i used the bathroom. The room was very comfortable.

Loved our stay there! The only issue we had was upon arrival, staff was not there to check us in and we had to call a number that was posted on the front of the building - we're international travelers and didn't have a mobile phone to make the call - we had to ask resturant to make the call and then wait 5-10mins for the owner to check us in. It wasn't too much of a hassle but worth noting. I think providing a phone inside the lobby (which we could access) would be a nice for arriving guest

We really enjoyed this hostel. The owner was very nice and gave us a discount because he had to change our room (we would have never known it was a downgrade). The room was great and the hostel was in a great location within Riomaggiore. We highly recommend staying here.

View all Cinque Terre Bed and Breakfasts