La Casona Hostel

Fabulous 382 Total Reviews
Fabulous 382 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
5th Feb 2017

Good hostel. Great location can walk to most attractions and close to subway as well. Dorms are spacious and clean with large lockers that will fit your whole backpack. Dorms also lock and front gate to hostel is always locked. Towels available for rent, good kitchen facilities, good hot water. Staff are helpful when you need them. Hostel was quiet not much of an atmosphere when I stayed but as a long term traveller I enjoyed this for a change. Would recommend and I will be returning.

• Hong Kong, Male, 31-40
31st Jan 2017

Great location Nice staff

• England, Female, 41+
22nd Jan 2017

La Casona is a warm and incredibly friendly hostel, its safe and peaceful. Perfect location for museums, and the mercado and within walking distance to San Cristebol through the beautiful park. Buenas Artes is a trendy area with quirky independent shops, bars & restaurants however not too many to spoil the authentic vibe. The staff speak English, the breakfast was basic but nice. Please note all the museums in Santiago are closed on Mondays, some are free entry on Sunday.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Jan 2017
6.0

Great location! Staff were friendly BUT I stayed on a Friday night and the front desk was blasting loud music till 4:30am. Even with earplugs it was impossible to get sleep. Be weary if staying on a weekend of the noise!

• England, Mixed Group, 41+
5th Jan 2017

Positives- nice staff, good choice breakfast, large lockers, lovely building, great location, information for guests. Bright and clean. Great wifi. Nice lounge areas. Negatives- only one socket in the room to share with 6. More bathrooms needed on the sharing floor (16 people for 3) opt for en suite dorms at same price. I would recommend this hostel and will return if in SANTIAGO.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017
5.1

It's an alright hostel. But the staff weren't super friendly or helpful when we asked for directions to the airport. Which left us rushing to the airport and almost missing our flight. The rooms were pretty poor for the prices we paid when compared to other hostel during our trip. It's location however isn't too bad being located near the mountain nearby and the main Plaza

17th Dec 2016

Green staff! Sweet atmosphere, New a coolman the first night, morning afternoon we where skydiving together, rooms were quite clean, shower wasnt.. Other Than that, great value for money!

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
16th Dec 2016
8.0

We stayed 3 nights and the bathrooms were dirty when we got there and never properly cleaned. Hair from someone's beard trim was only removed from the basin after I specifically mentioned it to reception.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
16th Dec 2016

Super glamorous place! Lovely staff, well located, good WiFi and great breakfast! I loved my stay and wish it could have been longer!

3rd Dec 2016

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Staff was courteous and friendly. I stayed in a private shared bathroom. I didn't mind it. I was hardly there. My room temperature was a bit hot but maybe it was just me because I would come in from walking for 5 hours or more. Diego, Gaby, Rodrigo and Ricardo were "amazing", "very cool", and did a "great job". If I come back, I would definitely stay there again. The location was close to everything. I have nothing but good things to say.