La Casona Hostel Reviews

Almirante Montt, 465, Barrio Bellas Artes, Santiago, Chile

La Casona is a very good hostel to stay in Santiago, it's nearby the Metro, supermarkets, restaurants, touristc places, etc. The atmosphere was "ok", but I have to say that I didn't spend much of my Santiago time being inside the hostel, so I didn't have many opportunities to meet people in there. Something that I would suggest as an improvement is, at least in the room that I staied in, there were no enough power plugs for everybody, and a power plug by the bed is really handsome!

Nice place to stay, only a few minutes away from the center of ththe City. Very nice Staff and clean rooms with hot showers :)

The building is very nice: a sense of grandeur with lots of original features. Location means it is between the barrios and the mean square. Also as it is just off the main it means it is nice and quiet.

Amazing location & walking distance to everything. Wasn't impressed with only 3 lockers in a 6 bed dorm....we were never given a key to one. Very quiet hostel with no atmosphere. We were there for the Copa cup final but met no one in the hostel. On the plus very comfortable beds.

I've stayed at plenty of Hostels in Santiago, I prefer this location due to the amount of nightlife, restaurants and cultural life the neighbourhood has. This is the best Hostel I've stayed at while in Santiago (stayed there over 10 times now): plenty of showers and bathrooms, which are always clean; the rooms are also clean and have comfty beds, it's not a party Hostel so you can definately meet other travellers but get some good night sleep aswell. The staff is very friendly and helpfull.

Beautiful hostel in a great location- very close to the Metro, Cerro St. Lucia, Plaza de Armas and other attractions in downtown Santiago. The staff were really nice and helpful! My only complaint about the hostel is that the wifi was really spotty while we were there and it was FREEZING in the whole hostel. The house is old and not heated... I'm sure this would not be an issue in the summer/spring months but for winter they need some heaters for the rooms or something!