La Casona Hostel Reviews

Almirante Montt, 465, Barrio Bellas Artes, Santiago, Chile

good location. around 3 minutes walk from Belle Artes metro station. within walking distance to sight seeing spots. friendly and helpful staff. clean room and bed

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

This is a really great location. It's right next to the metro, and close to the starting point for the walking tours. There are heaps of cafes and bookstores in the area. Easy place to stay.

• 13th Dec 2014

Amazing locations. Large, clean rooms. Not very social atmosphere, but overall great, clean hostel and good value for your money!

• 1st Dec 2014

The building is beautiful and well maintained, and the location is right in the middle of the action. If you want a comfortable and relaxed place to stay the night, this is just what you're looking for. The staff is friendly, although they don't seem to have a grasp of all the city has to offer. To me, the best hostels have staff that are brimming with ideas on how to have a great time in a city, but here we pretty much had to stick with what we had researched beforehand.

The location was amazing. Steps from the closest subway station (Bellas Artes) and the surrounding neighbourhood seems very hip. Facilities were great and the staff were friendly enough.

This is a really good hostel in South America standard because I am still not used to have to open my window when I sleep just not to get so hot in the room (because there's no fans or air-con in the room). But overall it's a really good hostel for everything and especially the staff! They are extremely nice and helpful! I am the girl who had my booked airport shuttle bus an hour late and the staff was so nice to help me to call them many times and in the end run to find the bus with me. Nice!

You only pay for the location. Everything else is poor. Not worth this much money. One staff member of the night shift had his friends hanging out until 6.30am - before that sleeping was impossible. The other member failed to let us know that the metro opens at 8 on Sundays and suggested we should leave the hostel at 6am...

Fantastic Hostel!! Highly recommend. Thank-you to the staff for making our stay and experience in Santiago lovely and informative. The breakfast attendant would be better to have the plates, cups, etc. All on one table to self serve to save confusion about dirty dishes.

Clean, quiet hostel. Large and secure lockers in the rooms. Very good location and walking distance to most sights.

We had enquire rooms which were very basic; had to ask for towels. Internet only worked occasionally. Compensated by the very helpful staff and convenient location by the subway with many good places to eat nearby.

• 18th Oct 2014

No towels in room and once we asked for some, they were very hard - probably should have been thrown away weeks prior and replaced - Wifi was weak in our room and only strong near the front desk/ reception area - staff was great!!!!!

Staff were really helpful and very accommodating. I enjoyed the stay, hospitality and conversation in English. helpful tips for getting around the area and also places to see, drink and dine. Security is 24 hours and locked gate complex. Clean and tidy room and good breakfast. Thanks to all the guys. Cheers Flynnie

Great staff

• 11th Sep 2014

I had a great stay at La Casona Hostel! Location is excellent for exploring Santiago! Area felt secure and staff opened the door personally for each guest to make sure no unwanted people could enter the hostel. Very cosy (and clean!) atmosphere and common areas with fresh flowers, and very friendly staff. It is a quite hostel (at least off-season), no party-hostel. Muchas gracias, I would definitely stay here again!

The most important thing of this Hostel is the location. When I arrived in the room there were hairs on the pillow and on the mattresss. The Towels were not clean and they were very worn. And a Guy from the staff forgot to tell us about the end of the summer time in the next day. So we almost lost our flight . I do not recomend, because there are many better options in Santiago with the same price and location, but more clean and confortable.

The staff was great. Always helping with anything. The location is pretty near to a metro station belas artes, what makes easy to walk around the city. I could stay here again definitily.

Perfect location for walking or metro, engaging and informative staff. Not a strong communal feel and not a lot in the way of community space, but great for those seeking more of a hotel environment.

It's a nice hostel if you're not a solo traveler. Good for groups. They have too many private rooms, people just don't interact. They could improve the cleaning, bathrooms were not so clean. Location is perfect, un block from metro station and close to everything. Super comfortable beds and staff is super nice, really. Wifi is terrible. It doesn't work in the bedrooms and that's ok, not all hostels have good wifi in the bedrooms, but it also doesn't work in the common areas.

The things I really liked about this hostel were the appearance, location, and the staff. I did not like that for ensuite 6 bed, the showers were not hot and the hostel was very cold throughout. Because of this, it was hard to enjoy the beautiful architecture and atmosphere of the hostel. I understand it was winter, but some kind of heat would be nice. Also, wifi in the 2nd floor rooms is not the best. However, the staff is amazing!

The staff was extremely helpful when we were planning what to do each day. The hostel beds are very comfortable and rooms are spacious. The hostel is a little quiet, but it´s in a great location to go out and come back to a good night sleep.