La Casona Hostel Reviews

Almirante Montt, 465, Barrio Bellas Artes, Santiago, Chile

I've stayed at plenty of Hostels in Santiago, I prefer this location due to the amount of nightlife, restaurants and cultural life the neighbourhood has. This is the best Hostel I've stayed at while in Santiago (stayed there over 10 times now): plenty of showers and bathrooms, which are always clean; the rooms are also clean and have comfty beds, it's not a party Hostel so you can definately meet other travellers but get some good night sleep aswell. The staff is very friendly and helpfull.

Beautiful hostel in a great location- very close to the Metro, Cerro St. Lucia, Plaza de Armas and other attractions in downtown Santiago. The staff were really nice and helpful! My only complaint about the hostel is that the wifi was really spotty while we were there and it was FREEZING in the whole hostel. The house is old and not heated... I'm sure this would not be an issue in the summer/spring months but for winter they need some heaters for the rooms or something!

I arrived on a Sunday night. Upon arrival there was some confusion with my reservation, i had reserved a private room with a private bath, and they had put me in a dorm room. When I brought it to their attention, the gentleman was very nice, and said he didn't have a private room available but could put me in a double room by myself with a shared bath. I said that'd be fine. No blow dryer available on premise was disappointing.

Pictures on the website did not look anything like the actual rooms which were so dirty and poorly maintained. You could tell that the sheets were old and had stains. The bathroom in the private suite was atrocious and I actually felt worse after showering. No air conditioning and the top floor was super hot. The staff was helpful and friendly, though, and the location was very good. Right next to Bellas Artes subway station and a short walk to Lastarria and Plaza de Armas.

Perfect location, well equipped kitchen. A bit hard to meet other travellers.

very good location, close to metro and withing walking distance of centre and mayor atractions.The staff was very nice but not overly helpful.

Stayed in hostels throughout my 3 weeks in Argentina, Uruguay and Chile - this was by far the best hostel.

La Cason is a great hostel in Santiago. The rooms are very big as is the hostel in general. Great location and friendly staff. Highly recommended for those who aren't looking for a party hostel

Great location, very helpful and friendly staff. Atmosphere could do with a little work. Maybe if they changed the lay out of the breakfast/lounge area. Not sure. But great spot overall.

Centrally located right by metro

Great Hostel, feels more like a Hotel. Very kind and helpfull staff, located near to the metrostation, a safe and generous place to stay. The wooden floor creaks a lot, but that kind of fits to the whole atmopshere - we would definitely come back!

Stayed one night still got a warm welcome and information about airport transfer.I had to leave early and they arranged breakfast for me.Beds are comfortable and linen is clean.Very quiet hostel.Floor is creaky,though.3mins from metro station.Recommended.

Great staff. Breakfast very basic but I think that's typical Chile. Good cafes with in 10min walk Hostel is an older building so a little noisey, not much sleep before midnight which is not great after a long flight. Overall I would stay here again

• 27th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Friendly helpful staff

• 25th Jan 2015

The location is just perfect; everything is within the walking distance, and the neighborhood itself is cool. The breakfast and wifi is good value for money; if you think the price of Santiago. The room and locker was spacious and clean. Concerning the atmosphere, it maybe not enough to party lovers but everyone respected each other. And the staffs were informative and kind to every questions. Definitely would go back :)

Very good location, in a very nice neighbourhood! The hostel is very professional. The only problem is the wood floor: it creaks at every step you take. So it is a bit noisy to sleep.

The hostel has a good structure and is in a great location, but it's way too noisy. If you are the type of person who values silence, this may not be the best place. We had problems with guests constant talking in public areas after midnight (one day it went on until 3 a.m.) and guests smoking if though it was prohibited.