La Casona Hostel Reviews

Almirante Montt, 465, Barrio Bellas Artes, Santiago, Chile

Very close to the bohemian neighborhood, and the underground station also, and yet quiet. Close to museums, the hill. It's kind of the best neighborhood in downtown

It would be great if the hostel offerd a bar or the like within its premises in order to get the guests to socialize more - it didn't have a "hostel" atmosphere

• 5th Apr 2014

This was hands down the BEST hostel I've ever seen! It is more like a hotel or a palace. Apparently it is an old nunnery mansion that was converted to a hostel some years ago. The rooms are immaculately clean with a huge private bathroom (cleaned every morning!), and they give you a nice big comforter, soft sheets and pillows, and a nice big terrace to enjoy the sunshine on. The staff were the most professional that I've ever met in my backpacking travels, and will help you with genuine interest

This is a very nice hostel. The staff are friendly, the location is great, and it is very secure.

Couple blocks away from city center, restaurants, bars, metro stops and supermarket; definitely a perfect location. Property is very well mantained and clean. Tip: look for Moccha the dog, he´s very polite and keeps the place safe.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Peru

Great location in the middle of the city right next door to the subway station that will get you almost everywhere in town directly or with one stop-over. Nice and quiet though as it's located in a dead-end side street! Very nice building, clean and last but not least very nice, friendly and helpful staff!! I had a great stay!

This hostel was great- one of the best I've been at. There's always someone at reception and the hostel has a front patio with very secure iron gate- I felt really safe there. It's on a quiet street within walking distance of most of the things you'd want to do in Santiago. My room was beautiful, we had a nice private shared bathroom, and the whole place is welcoming. The only thing I'd change was to have an actual room for luggage- but as it was next to the reception desk it still felt safe.

A well situated hostel, which was very clean and quiet but was more of a hotel with shared rooms and so lost some atmosphere

• 11th Mar 2014

Modern hostel good kitchen, solid bunkbeds, ensuites in dorms. Nice pillows, sheets, duvet, towels, blinds. No fan/AC. Only 1 man to do all of hostel-make breakfast, beds, clean, garden-looked over worked. Attention to details like toilet paper, mirrors, floor lacking. Very noisy until 1, 2 or 3 every night except Sunday when I was there; they advertise they are quiet!!! Three nights it was the staff and friends; I said I was bothered by the noise but they not apologize, they just laughed:(

Really cool place between hotel and hostel. It has a relaxed vibe, but close enough to the action to have a go at it if you wanted to. Nice building in a quirky part of town.

Great hostel within walking distance of a lot of the sights & close to a metro station yet on a quiet side street so doesn't get street noise. Staff were helpful & friendly, very clean rooms and bathrooms, good kitchen & social areas. I'll be back.

The best hostel in Bellas Artes. Everything was excellent.Thank you! Ariel from Argentina.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Best hostel I've stayed at in Chile. Staff are super helpful and friendl and know how to do a bbq!

Wow, what a wonderful property and building. The staff are friendly, helpful and caring. Sometimes when I read reviews in hostelworld that are 100% and say "best hostel I've stayed at" I think come on, that review is bullshit, it can't be. Well here I am giving my first ever 100% rating and will add that for an urban hostel this is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at in any city on any continent. So fellow travellers there you have it and other hostels take note and strive to be better.

The best hostel we stayed at in our month long trip! :)

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

We had a great stay at La Casona Hostel. Melissa at the front desk was very helpful, provided good suggestions for a restaurant (Peruvian, nearby), helped with getting bus tickets, using the subway and sights to see in the area. The room was clean and the shower was hot. Breakfast includes toast, cereal, yogurt, tea/coffee/juice. Wifi available, strong signal in the common room. Only wished there was a room with a double bed available.

A nice hostel in a great location!

I was very happy with my stay at La Casona. The staff was friendly and helpful, and someone was always there. I've stayed in some questionable places and this one was very secure and clean. GREAT location too! Near a supermarket, cafes, tourist attractions and the metro. Very easy to access any part of the city.

This is the cleanest hostel i've ever visited. The staff were always available and super friendly. There is lots of room in the kitchen for cooking and the hostel generally is spacious. A great place to wind down in Santiago!

• 15th Feb 2014

Great location staff really friendly a d helpful lovely building would highly recommend

« first « Prev 1 2 3