La Casona Hostel Reviews

Almirante Montt, 465, Barrio Bellas Artes, Santiago, Chile

The building is very nice: a sense of grandeur with lots of original features. Location means it is between the barrios and the mean square. Also as it is just off the main it means it is nice and quiet.

Amazing location & walking distance to everything. Wasn't impressed with only 3 lockers in a 6 bed dorm....we were never given a key to one. Very quiet hostel with no atmosphere. We were there for the Copa cup final but met no one in the hostel. On the plus very comfortable beds.

I've stayed at plenty of Hostels in Santiago, I prefer this location due to the amount of nightlife, restaurants and cultural life the neighbourhood has. This is the best Hostel I've stayed at while in Santiago (stayed there over 10 times now): plenty of showers and bathrooms, which are always clean; the rooms are also clean and have comfty beds, it's not a party Hostel so you can definately meet other travellers but get some good night sleep aswell. The staff is very friendly and helpfull.

Beautiful hostel in a great location- very close to the Metro, Cerro St. Lucia, Plaza de Armas and other attractions in downtown Santiago. The staff were really nice and helpful! My only complaint about the hostel is that the wifi was really spotty while we were there and it was FREEZING in the whole hostel. The house is old and not heated... I'm sure this would not be an issue in the summer/spring months but for winter they need some heaters for the rooms or something!

I arrived on a Sunday night. Upon arrival there was some confusion with my reservation, i had reserved a private room with a private bath, and they had put me in a dorm room. When I brought it to their attention, the gentleman was very nice, and said he didn't have a private room available but could put me in a double room by myself with a shared bath. I said that'd be fine. No blow dryer available on premise was disappointing.

Pictures on the website did not look anything like the actual rooms which were so dirty and poorly maintained. You could tell that the sheets were old and had stains. The bathroom in the private suite was atrocious and I actually felt worse after showering. No air conditioning and the top floor was super hot. The staff was helpful and friendly, though, and the location was very good. Right next to Bellas Artes subway station and a short walk to Lastarria and Plaza de Armas.

Perfect location, well equipped kitchen. A bit hard to meet other travellers.

very good location, close to metro and withing walking distance of centre and mayor atractions.The staff was very nice but not overly helpful.

Stayed in hostels throughout my 3 weeks in Argentina, Uruguay and Chile - this was by far the best hostel.