La Casona de Odile Reviews

Barrio Luján s/n, El Bolson, Argentina

We booked two nights, now we are into our eighth day! Can't recommend this place enough really, it's excellent. Rooms are good enough; beds are very comfortable, ample covers, lockers available. Walls are a little thin, but that's standard for South America. Staff are excellent, it is like a family. Food is cooked most nights, and is cheap and very tasty. Ground are like a wonderland. Little streams, a river, friendly dogs, lavender fields, a "beach" (check it out). Worth it.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location (being a good distance out of town) was both a good thing and a bad thing. It was a little difficult to get in or out but it was very quiet and cozy! I had trouble getting to El Bolson and the staff was very accommodating with my reservation. The dinners were delicious and a great way to meet the other guests. The place was very peaceful and quiet and had good access to things to do.

Really good vibes. Far from the city center but a bus (non reliable) or taxi (30pesos) make it easy.

Amazing hostel. A fair distance out of town but the amazing lounge with fire makes up for it. Tasty, cheap communal dinners, tasty homemade beer, comfy beds and a beautiful garden for relaxing. The area is so nice for wandering, especially in March when all the leaves are changing colour. Tasty smoked trout just down the road.

I LUVed this hostel!! It's a little piece of paradise! Wonderful and helpful staff! Delicious breakfasts and dinners if you decide to join in... Which I totally recommend that you do! The chef is awesome! The kitchen is great and well equipped too! location is nice and remote but you can walk into town or take the bus! Plus you can walk to the trout farm for a delicious treat which is only up the road! Thanks marcel for the wonderful hospitality! Can't wait to visit again! :)

Great hostel located 5km (an easy bus ride or walk) from town. The hostel is surrounded with beauiful gardens and has very friendly staff. Breakfast of homemade breads and jams is amazing. I extended my staff here.

For me, the location was a bit of an issue, especially since the bus was not showing up one time, and 30mins late two times. Breakfast and the pizza were good!

It is a little out of town but this matters not as the hostel itself is close to perfect. The staff are wonderful (even offered to come translate at the dentist!), the place is beautiful and the garden is simply stunning. We booked extra nights within minutes of arriving and only really left to buy essentials from town. Dorms are lovely, great vibe in the social areas (which are the best I´ve seen) and there is even free yoga when the weather allows. Only downfall? It´s very hard to leave!

We booked 3 nights at this hostel and told the staff when we arrived that we will want to stay more. He said thet he'll let us know if they run out of beds so we can stay as much as we want. they didn't tell us and then we had to move a hostel after we already cooked food for many days. the room and breakfast are nice. the location is not good,bus to town almost never show up and you always need to take a taxi cause it's far from the center.

If you´re up for relaxing in hammocks, tasty homemade meals, a huge garden with even a river, ´beach´ and lavenderfields, a fire place, yoga, good breakfast and great company, this is your place :-) The kayak trip they recommend is also absolutely great! You can easily take a bus or taxi into town (marketdays are very nice). The scenery around El Bolson is stunning too! I booked initially for 4 nights and stayed for 9. And that happens to more people there, so be aware... Highly recommended!

Its just the best. Beautiful, relaxing, has a really nice bar, fireplace outside and inside, great garden with hammocks, sturdy bunkbeds, good breakfast, good kitchen facilities and its easy to meet fellow travellers. Its easy to get into town by cab or bus, the market in town is good, you can buy organic vegetables and nice cheese and cervezas artisenal and the surrounding mountains are beautiful

Perfect hostel, with free yoga every night and excellent dinner for a good price. The yard is amazing!

Very beautiful hostel. Very relaxed. It is a few kilometres from town so you have to catch a bus in.

This place is not a hostel it is a resort. I came to Argentina for a restful vacation, and I never felt like I needed to leave La Casona de Odile in order to receive it. No need to list out all of the things that make this place great, I'm sure that plenty of others have done it. I can only think of a few specific fools who would regret spending several nights (or more) at La Casona de Odile.

• 9th Feb 2014

The garden is amazing, the staff is amazing, the beds are amazing, the breakfast is amazing, the atmosphere is amazing, the amount of effort the staff puts into your stay is amazing, the hammocks are amazing. Do i need to say more? Sharon and casper

Very nice hostel, 5km from town, which is great if you want to get away from the crowds, nice park with a river, homemade beer and meals, nice rooms and breakfast. Definitely would stay here again.

I've seen a good share of hostels in my life. But this might've been the closest to the garden of eden that we've stayed at. Nice rooms, a huge garden with hammocks, breakfast with baked bread

We loved this hostel. Great location, well worth the short bus or taxi ride. We arrived before dawn on the day of our booking and were kindly let in to sit by the fire and have breakfast until we could check in. Great breakfast, great staff. Nice cosy hostel.

I've travelled extensively through Central and South America and this is one of the best hostel I've come across. Yoga, beer tastings, nightly dinners, fully-stocked kitchen, the gardens, the people, cozy fires, bike rental, close to the bus-treks-dairy farm for cheese tasting…the whole experience is magical. I will be back. I am telling my friends. You could get lost here, it's so beautiful!

Never been in a hostel like it. Fantastic setting and very well run. Being way out of town can be annoying.