La Casona de Odile Reviews

Barrio Luján s/n, El Bolson, Argentina

Words can't describe this amazing sanctuary hidden away from the town. Same as all the guests we met here, we extended our stay as soon as we arrived. It is set in beautiful surroundings with hammocks dotted around the place for ultimate relaxation. The staff are amazing and friendly, they have everything going for it. A hidden gem, our favourite hostel so far in all Sth America. If you go to El Bolson, you must stay here!

Everything was perfect! Very comfortable, friendly and accommodating. Be sure to visit the nearby trout farm and dairy farm. It's a quick ride to El Bolson, but the hostel is MUCH nicer than the town. There was a lot of flies when I visited, and it was sometimes annoying while eating. Other than that, fantastic!

LOVE!!! I wish I could have stayed longer, I only had 2 nights but it was perfect place to relax after hiking for a few days. Relaxing yoga, drinks and a book by the fireplace and delicious homemade bread and jam for breakfast. Will be back again!

This place was a little slice of heaven. Morning yoga sessions was exactly what I needed. Augustina creates the most delicious organic meals that are available in the gorgeous restaurant for a very reasonable price. I didn't even bother venturing into town to buy groceries. Dinner each night was amazing. This place is really more or a retreat than a hostel. Great vibe. Wonderful staff. Very chilled yet social atmosphere. I didn't want to leave.

only con is that it is far from town but that makes it a pro also because you feel the nature around. if you go there its to enjoy the holistic side, cool people, breakfast is awesome, the property is perfect. defs not a party hostel but I would have stayed a month if I had the time. perfect little GEM hostel. yoga option everyday, meal option also, internet isn't great but again that's not what you go for. felt like summer camp. highly recommended

La Casona is the hidden gem Patagonia, perfectly mirroring the rugged yet manicured hippie vibe of el bolson, the cabin style hostel is adorably rustic and completely comfortable. The staff is the best I've come across in South America, the property is stunning, and the people it attracts are warm, mindful, and fascinating. I would have stayed a month if I could have and can't wait to come back.

I have stayed at probably 20 hostels in Europe and 15 in Chile/Argentina in the past couple of years, and I have to say that La Casona de Odile is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Not going to waste time telling you why, just book it.

Amazing hostel - such a relaxed atmosphere from the minute you get there! Homemade bread and jam for.breakfast - hammocks in the back garden, lovely river and yoga in the morning! Would have loved to have stayed longer!!

My only regret is that I could not stay at this hostel, and in El Bolson, for longer. A truly special place, right on the river and surrounded by beautiful trees (with hammocks) and lavender fields. Everything is beautifully kept and presented, the perfect spot for some rest and relaxation. The buses to and from town are not the most frequent, but hitching seems to be quite easy. Best book exchange yet.

The locations was great, nice garden near the river with hammocks and yoga area. the staff was very helpful too and the food at the restaurant very tasty. i also enjoyed the massage at the garden!the rooms are spacious and bathroom in every room also huge. we really enjoyed our stay there!

Staying at this hostel is like coming home to family. The staff is above and beyond incredible, the property is such a peaceful oasis including a little beach at the river. It is out of town, but a taxi isn't too expensive and often there are people to split the cost going into town and there is also a local bus. A nearby trout farm and dairy/cheese farm and fresh local berries and cherries this time of year! You will definitely want to stay longer than you expect.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Very peaceful place to relax. Food was very good. Its a little too big and impersonal for our liking and a little expensive.

this place is so well thought out and run you cant help but have a fantastically relaxing and enjoyable stay...we highly recommend it.

This is an absolute GEM of a hostel! Well worth being out of the town to stay in such a lovely place- staff are excellent and everything else was amazing! Great breakfast, free yoga, lovely beds, would definitely recommend :)

Believe the hype and book at least 3 nights! By far the best hostel ever stayed in. Don't let the distance from town bother you - you can just get the bus and after an afternoon in El Bolson you've seen it all. Amazing grounds and staff who go above and beyond to help. Do the Kayaking day trip for 450 pesos each - well worth it. Thanks Javi, Marcel and Julian! Book it before it fills up!

The hostel is fantastic with a great living room, garden and staff. There is even has yoga lessons after breakfast 5 days a week which you only leave a donation for. The kitchen is great and all the bathrooms are clean too. Its a perfect place for relaxing. Although the location is beautiful, quiet and surrounded by forests and mountians it is 5km from town. However there is a bike hire and a bus every hour so its not really a problem. We recommend!

Best hostel in Argentina! I spent 4 nights but easily could've spent longer. The property was beautiful...don't let the off the beaten path location deter you. The bus is charming and local and somewhat reliable otherwise it's a 35 peso taxi to town. Rooms were comfortable, fireplace added coziness, well stocked kitchen, staff was awesome and yoga everyday was a great bonus. Only downside were not enough bathrooms.

AWESOME PLACE! A hippy paradise in the woods. It is far from town but I did not mind this at all. There is a small store nearby if you need to buy anything. Comfy beds, kind staff, DELICIOUS food and beer made on site, very sweet yoga teacher, cozy fireplace area, and the whole place always smelled amazing. It was also extremely clean and the facilities well-kept.

Best hostel I have stayed in Argentina so far. Pretty far from town centre but it is not a problem at all. You can get delicious empanadas, home-brewed beers from the hostel at a very reasonable price. The staffs are very attentive and friendly. Breakfast with fresh milk and homemade bread and jam, divine! You will definitely have a great time here!

Hands down the best hostel in Argentina - a real home from home!! The staff are incredible, the log fire is heaven, the atmosphere great, rooms homely, and the people lovely. It rained throughout our stay and having ventured out on a snowy trek we loved just sitting by the open fire, drinking their delicious own-brew beer and chatting to the crowd that was staying there. Worth every penny and more! Thanks to all the staff for such a great, relaxing and fun time.