La Chimba Hostel Reviews

E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

1963 Total Reviews

Good as advertised. There's a reason it's won so many awards. Good staff, good breakfast, big layout, everything you could want in a hostel.

Great location! Great activities on offer- Asha was most helpful and welcoming. Breakfast and the girl working at it were great. One of the reception girls was not very helpful with information on buses to Mendoza. Only minor issue but Room B could have more electricity outlets. But apart fronlm that, brilliant hostel. Worth the price.

Probably the hostel it’s quite good when it’s summer. But there wasn’t much to do and the staff didn’t help to cheer it up. The kitchen was ok. They need to refurbish the rooms and bathrooms. They didn’t have a window in the bathroom inside the room that I stayed, and it was 0 degrees outside during the night. My room was next to a karaoke bar, so if you have light sleep, careful.

This hostel is huge, really cool atmosphere and rooms. Beds are so comfortable and showers are the absolute dream. This hostel is greaaaat

You need to choose and train better your employees. We had a little problem exchanging our money for Chilean money when we arrive and they were rude with us despite everything has been paid. The second thing is that we paid for "suites" and they said we were going to have bathrooms inside the bedrooms, that was not true.

Staff was very attentive and environment overall was great. A quaint hostel so it was quite easy to meet other travellers as a solo traveler. Bed was comfy and they provided enough blankets to keep you warm throughout the cold nights. A few blocks away from everything. Will definitely come back to Santiago and stay at this hostel! Thanks again!

I love this hostel!

The best hostel I stayed in in South America. The showers, wifi and breakfast were all perfect. The location is fantastic and the dorms are spacious and clean. Definitely recommend

Had an amazing time at La Chimba! The staff were so welcoming and helpful. There's always someone around to chat to or answer any questions (as well as helping with my pathetic Spanish). Rooms have everything you need and are clean and tidy. The location is perfect for so many things, walking distance to Cerro S. Cristobal and art museums with free walking tours leaving from just around the corner. I'm coming back this way in the next week and I'll definitely be booking back into La Chimba!

Good location in Santiago and the staff were always really helpful at offering advice on where to go / directions and friendly.

Very nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Room was large, comfortable, and heated. Overall an excellent experience. My only complaint was that some of the bathrooms were in disrepair. Hooks and shelves are needed in the bathrooms to keep our things off the floor. Some of the showers were not working. And the WiFi in house 3 was unreliable. Still, I'd recommend for the location and good atmosphere.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • ChristopherJung

Excellent hostel! Arrive to the very welcoming staff full of info and energy. Drop the bags in the room and have one of the best, longest, hottest, showers of latin america. Put some pants on walk across the road grab some food and beers come back and the common rooms buzzing, kitchen is smelling great. Big foosball game while the steak is cooking. We eat, drink and get a good group together then head out to the dance floor and that was just evening one of five.

The bathrooms are not good. The sink leaked and left a puddle on the floor our entire stay, the tap only trickled out. Hot water took 15mins to arrive. The showers had no pressure. Very dark, cold and small rooms. The beds were comfy if you get a good pillow that is a bonus! Would not recommend this hostel!

My favorite hostel I've stayed at. The staff is amazing, great location, facilities, and a very welcoming atmosphere.

Love the location of this Hostel, Thanks to my Friend ash from Sidney who made our stay better.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Great Atmosphere! Chi Chi Chi Le Le Le Viva Chile!

The hostel is ok, the staff are very nice and friendly but I consistently had food stolen from the fridge which was really annoying. Also if you want to get some sleep then don't get a room in the front part of the hostel, unfortunately it's very loud at night. People come in drunk and screaming right through till 6am, every night. Also there are TV's playing really loudly all night and the walls are paper thin so it's hard to get a good nights sleep. I wouldn't stay again but may suit a partier

Very nice hostel for who wants to party! Walking distance to restaurants and clubs. They do not sell alcohol, but you can buy and drink it there. I had a lot of fun!

This hostel should only be stayed at if you want to stay in a frat house. The staff are super helpful and the breakfasts are great, there are also a ton of outdoor seating areas for people to hang out. The problem is, the people who stay here clearly only want to party, and by party, I mean drink heavily. The facilities look very run down, as if no maintenance has been done in a long time and there was no heat in our part of the hostel. ONLY BOOK IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO PARTY OR DO NOT VALUE SLEEP

• 4th Jun 2015

Great hostel, stayed in he 6 bed dorm. Large comfortable beds, had our own bathroom in the room. Staff are super friendly and super helpful. Lots of activities, they do BBQs and other gathers at the hostel. People like to come here to hang out even when not staying here, great place to meet people. Location is less than 10 minutes from the subway, 15 minute cab ride from the airport (no traffic) and there are tons of bars/ clubs and restaurants within a 2 block radius.

« first « Prev 1 2 3