La Chimba Hostel Reviews

E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

1928 Total Reviews

Very nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Room was large, comfortable, and heated. Overall an excellent experience. My only complaint was that some of the bathrooms were in disrepair. Hooks and shelves are needed in the bathrooms to keep our things off the floor. Some of the showers were not working. And the WiFi in house 3 was unreliable. Still, I'd recommend for the location and good atmosphere.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • ChristopherJung

The bathrooms are not good. The sink leaked and left a puddle on the floor our entire stay, the tap only trickled out. Hot water took 15mins to arrive. The showers had no pressure. Very dark, cold and small rooms. The beds were comfy if you get a good pillow that is a bonus! Would not recommend this hostel!

My favorite hostel I've stayed at. The staff is amazing, great location, facilities, and a very welcoming atmosphere.

Love the location of this Hostel, Thanks to my Friend ash from Sidney who made our stay better.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Great Atmosphere! Chi Chi Chi Le Le Le Viva Chile!

The hostel is ok, the staff are very nice and friendly but I consistently had food stolen from the fridge which was really annoying. Also if you want to get some sleep then don't get a room in the front part of the hostel, unfortunately it's very loud at night. People come in drunk and screaming right through till 6am, every night. Also there are TV's playing really loudly all night and the walls are paper thin so it's hard to get a good nights sleep. I wouldn't stay again but may suit a partier

Someone stole my mobile phone!

• 4th Jun 2015

Very nice hostel for who wants to party! Walking distance to restaurants and clubs. They do not sell alcohol, but you can buy and drink it there. I had a lot of fun!

This hostel should only be stayed at if you want to stay in a frat house. The staff are super helpful and the breakfasts are great, there are also a ton of outdoor seating areas for people to hang out. The problem is, the people who stay here clearly only want to party, and by party, I mean drink heavily. The facilities look very run down, as if no maintenance has been done in a long time and there was no heat in our part of the hostel. ONLY BOOK IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO PARTY OR DO NOT VALUE SLEEP

• 4th Jun 2015

Great hostel, stayed in he 6 bed dorm. Large comfortable beds, had our own bathroom in the room. Staff are super friendly and super helpful. Lots of activities, they do BBQs and other gathers at the hostel. People like to come here to hang out even when not staying here, great place to meet people. Location is less than 10 minutes from the subway, 15 minute cab ride from the airport (no traffic) and there are tons of bars/ clubs and restaurants within a 2 block radius.

This hostel is on the higher end of the scale as far as 8 bed dorms go - the cost is worth it. The hostel itself is beautiful and there is almost as much to do in the hostel as there is outside. Unfortunately when I was there the place was pretty well empty but when it is full I think this place would be an absolute blast to stay at.

Great hostel. Super pool table. Best I seen in S.A. Beds are very comfortable. Dont miss out on the pub crawls friday and saturday night in Bellavista. Great craic!

Overall I had a great stay. I couldn't have thought of a better location, close enough to everything, yet on a quiet street just a few steps away. Staff was always pleasent, easy to talk with and full of information. The beds were comfortable, and it was the best shower I'd had in South America. Special shout to Asher and Lex, for going out of their way to get to know me, and always making sure I was enjoying my stay. Thanks again!

I really enjoyed my time at La Chimba the staff is excellent, and the location in Bellevista can't be beat. I highly recomend this hostel

The hostel was great! Amazing location for night life, fun and extremely helpful staff, great common areas, and comfortable and clean rooms. Wish the WiFi would have worked in all areas of the hostel.

Highly recommend it. Great atmosphere and lovely staff.

A very good hostel. Your staff are amazing - helpful and friendly. It was great as a solo traveller to stay here as it has a very warm and social atmosphere. The location is great as well. Highly recommended.

Sweet hostel in a sick part of town. Look no further

Nice staff, good atmosphere and near a lot of local bars

Great location - in the heart of the nightlife & close to metro, centre & San Cristobal. Great wifi & amazing showers. Atmosphere not the friendiest as a solo traveller though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4