La Chimba Hostel Reviews

E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

Location is just great. Only some meters from Street Pio Nono (Bar Area) and Cerro San Cristobal. And all other sights of Santiago are within walking distance. Hostel itself is very big even it doesn't look like at the first sight, but even so you don't see so many other people since there are more than 1 areas within the hostel where you can relax, watch TV or play billard. Staff is very helpful as well as the hostels cat, who keeps your chair warm while you are picking up another beer ;)

Every evening I showed up, and they had to stretch just to find me a bed, even though I already had a reservation. I packed my stuff up every morning because the same bed wasn't free the next day and every night I came back it was like I never had a reservation, and they'd make me wait for an hour while they figured out what to do with me. They cut me a discount, which was nice, but the whole process was actually pretty frustrating. I would be hard pressed to recommend La Chimba to anyone else.

• 15th Jan 2015

My second time staying here. It's a really fantastic hostel in a great location and the staff couldn't be more helpful. It could do with a bar but other than that it's awesome.

Me and my boyfriend spent 3 nights at the hostel La Chimba. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom, we were horrified with the hygiene of the place. Our sheets were completely dirty, the bathrooms were unclean 24 hours a day, like public toilets. Hostels can be a cool place, but it makes no sense to poor hygiene that this place had. Never again will we go back, we were super unhappy during our stay. And do not indicate to anyone.

• 13th Jan 2015

The hostel staff were helpful and fun. Great crowd of other backpackers. Location is right in the heart of Bella Vista and close to everything you could need. Felt perfectly safe. Don't stay here if you want somewhere really clean where you will get lots of sleep, because you won't enjoy it and the other patrons won't enjoy you.

• 11th Jan 2015

Its a bar which doubles as a hostel.

Great balance between chilling and partying. It's located around bars, restaurants and fast food places- something to suit any taste/ budget. There are two big outdoor areas which are the hub of socialising and drinking. La chimmba attracts a diverse crowd so you're guaranteed good conversation and great friends. The staff are lovely and anything you need they're always happy to help you with. Big beds and good breakfast as well if you make it to either! A quirky hostel highly recommended!

I found everything I needed here. The clients were all very warm and sociable as were the staff members. It is a very nice place to recover from long travels as you could sleep the whole day through un-interrupted. You could like all other Hostels cook to your delight and there are several kitchens to do so, but with the world class markets close by, why?

The number of bathrooms is *just* enough at the moment. Apparently a number of them are out of order. Would be great if that would be fixed asap! Nevertheless, great hostel. I had a great time!

Good place to party every night and easy to meet folk. Huge place with good facilities and pool table. Good option if you wanna stay in bellavista area. Note they insist on full payment before check in. Seemed pretty clean. If you are looking for a homely type place to relax probably not for you.

if you're young, travelling with friends, or alone, looking to meet some awesome people, definitely stay here. The atmosphere is awesome. Friendly staff, ideal location and they have decent single rooms with a double bed!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Norway

Great location close to metro, restaurants, bars, parks, etc. Friendly and helpful staff and good rooms. Would stay there again if I come back to Santiago.

The hostel had a great atmosphere and you could bring drinks in from outside which was great. The people in the hostel were friendly and it was situated centrally in the middle of all the bars and restaurants. However, the checking in process took at least an hour for us and there was no toilet paper in three of the washrooms for over 12 hours. The showers were filled with bottles and packaging from people leaving them there.

It is no surprise this hostel is very well rated. Excellent facilities and the bed I stayed in was very comfortable. I stayed the day after New Years Eve so the atmosphere wasn't lively. However, the place is huge and can imagine it's buzzing on the weekend. The only down side for me were the staff - I felt they could've been a bit more cheerful.

I had problems with the hostel and Hostelworld too. I had done the reservation (double room) since 30 december until 4 january, but one night (1 st january) the hostel didn't have this double room. The staff wasn't be professional or prepared and attentive enough, and I had to stay in another room in another hostel in a 6 mixed room. I couldn't sleep because of noise 1 night, and about dirt. What was the problem between Hostel World system website and The Chimba hostel? I was not satisfied.

It was a good hostel in a good area.For me its a too big hostel. Breakfast and room were good.

This hostel is not rustic but dilapidated. Its is next to a karaoke bar therefore dont bargain on any sleep. The place has a horrible stale smell and the bathrooms are extremely dirty. The bed in our room was totally junk and slept like a hammock. The foot-end was higher that the head. We cannot recommend this place.

Every night i stayed at the hostel there was a group of 15-20 people sitting out front drinking excessively and being very very loud. Please disregard 5 comments down saying this is not a party hostel...That's exactly what it is!!! Bathrooms were very dirty, often out of toilet paper, and the lock on my double room could have been broken if someone pushed on the door, and there was nowhere to lock my stuff. Some staff members were more helpful than others, but some were useless drunks.

• 27th Dec 2014

The best things about this hostel are the beds and pillows (so comfy!), the ladies that provide the breakfast (so lovely!) and the location (so easy to walk to everywhere). If u are looking for a fun atmosphere and a party hostel this is definitely not the hostel to stay at. We stayed here on New Year's Eve and expected it to be fun but it was dead, even though the hostel was fully booked! If u are in Santiago for a few days this is the perfect location to explore from.

This place is in the heart of the young local and tourist night life. Plenty to do and see. Although our stay was short, we admired the uniqueness of the hostel, friendly staff and true youth hostel environment. I would stay here again and again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4