La Chimba Hostel Reviews

E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

A great, very spacious hostel - with a nice patio, lots of bathrooms and even a pool game room! We met great people from all over the world. If you need to get up early you must be aware of partybackpackers, who will come back late at night around 4, bellowing and playing pool - but we managed to calm them down ;) It was a really good stay and we recommend it.

Great hostel on all counts. My go to place in Santiago. I{ll be baaack. Pity, though, about the racket from next door. Ah, to be 22 ... and deaf .... again. Never mind the noise. Everything else makes up for it.

This hostel was absolutely amazing! The location is fantastic and walking distance to all the bars and clubs in Bellavista. I didn't plan to go out as much but ended up out almost every night. The atmosphere is amazing and the staff is great. The beds are comfortable but a little shaky. Good shower. Good breakfast. Awesome free Friday night bbq and just overall amazing place. This is a must stay!!!!

Great location near the street Pio Nono, funky place in the neighborhood of Bella Vista with great bars and restaurants, and also a few feet of the hill of San Cristobal and museum La Chascona. Nice atmosphere. Could improve the cleaning of the kitchen and bed trousseau it was dirty. It could also increase the supply of services.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • helena_ssilva

Real cool building, nice big and spacious. Cool outdoor areas, has everything you want. WiFi wasn't working in back area at the time, but all good.

Great hostel, very social, very easy to meet other travellers. Clean. Is very big and many places to chill out! Staff friendly. Metro is very close. Really enjoyed my stay.

Very spacious hostel. Beds are big. Garden in the front, livingroom, garden in the back. Awesome place to hang out for a few days and to meet new people. Really close to the clubs and bars. I wanted to chill a bit but ended up partying every night. It's a perfect partyhostel.

Probably the best all round hostel we stayed in during our time in Latin America , The staff were all so helpful and Adrian , Max and Jess were a welcome addition to our party group which added a great party vide to the hostel with the added security of their local knowledge . To add to the great backpackers vibe all the facility's from are more than expected for the price paid , beds are perfect , shower and toilet facilities are brilliant and there are some great group areas to meet others .

Very nice hostel in central location. The room was great as was the breakfast.

Location is just great. Only some meters from Street Pio Nono (Bar Area) and Cerro San Cristobal. And all other sights of Santiago are within walking distance. Hostel itself is very big even it doesn't look like at the first sight, but even so you don't see so many other people since there are more than 1 areas within the hostel where you can relax, watch TV or play billard. Staff is very helpful as well as the hostels cat, who keeps your chair warm while you are picking up another beer ;)

Every evening I showed up, and they had to stretch just to find me a bed, even though I already had a reservation. I packed my stuff up every morning because the same bed wasn't free the next day and every night I came back it was like I never had a reservation, and they'd make me wait for an hour while they figured out what to do with me. They cut me a discount, which was nice, but the whole process was actually pretty frustrating. I would be hard pressed to recommend La Chimba to anyone else.

• 15th Jan 2015

My second time staying here. It's a really fantastic hostel in a great location and the staff couldn't be more helpful. It could do with a bar but other than that it's awesome.

We chose this hostel based on the Bellavista neighborhood and the great reviews. We were disgusted by the lack of cleanliness. It smelled sour and musty, the bathroom sinks were crusted with toothpaste, always low on toilet paper, overflowing showers. Also...THIS PLACE IS HAUNTED. Our room in a back building had a super creepy vibe. The girls working at the desk were nice but didn't offer any info or recommendations that we hadn't already read in our guidebooks. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Me and my boyfriend spent 3 nights at the hostel La Chimba. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom, we were horrified with the hygiene of the place. Our sheets were completely dirty, the bathrooms were unclean 24 hours a day, like public toilets. Hostels can be a cool place, but it makes no sense to poor hygiene that this place had. Never again will we go back, we were super unhappy during our stay. And do not indicate to anyone.

• 13th Jan 2015

The hostel staff were helpful and fun. Great crowd of other backpackers. Location is right in the heart of Bella Vista and close to everything you could need. Felt perfectly safe. Don't stay here if you want somewhere really clean where you will get lots of sleep, because you won't enjoy it and the other patrons won't enjoy you.

• 11th Jan 2015

Its a bar which doubles as a hostel.

Great balance between chilling and partying. It's located around bars, restaurants and fast food places- something to suit any taste/ budget. There are two big outdoor areas which are the hub of socialising and drinking. La chimmba attracts a diverse crowd so you're guaranteed good conversation and great friends. The staff are lovely and anything you need they're always happy to help you with. Big beds and good breakfast as well if you make it to either! A quirky hostel highly recommended!

I found everything I needed here. The clients were all very warm and sociable as were the staff members. It is a very nice place to recover from long travels as you could sleep the whole day through un-interrupted. You could like all other Hostels cook to your delight and there are several kitchens to do so, but with the world class markets close by, why?

The number of bathrooms is *just* enough at the moment. Apparently a number of them are out of order. Would be great if that would be fixed asap! Nevertheless, great hostel. I had a great time!

Good place to party every night and easy to meet folk. Huge place with good facilities and pool table. Good option if you wanna stay in bellavista area. Note they insist on full payment before check in. Seemed pretty clean. If you are looking for a homely type place to relax probably not for you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4