8.7
Fabulous 2,233 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 2,233 Total Reviews
La Chimba Hostel Located at E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago.
Chile
Santiago Valparaiso E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista
87% 2233
-33.4312980 -70.6374335
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
25th Jul 2016
5.1

Friendly service and cool atmosphere but not up to all other hostels' standard. Bed was warm and comfy, but there was hair (a lot) on the sheets. Breakfast was very basic and some plates weren't clean. Has buzz access and we always felt safe, but the street across is a bit dodgy (guy bleeding, drug dealers - but we felt safe). Our rooms' doorframe had been jimmied before, and you could open it (easily) with a credit card. Walls very thing. Showers good, but one not going. Toilets seemed clogged

• Australia, Female, 31-40
16th Jul 2016
8.0

A cool little hostel close to the bar/restaurant strip in Bellavista. Its a collection of old houses and quite a large hostel. They need to do some basic maintenance - the bathroom door in our room wouldn't close, and three of the lockers were broken and need repair. Beds are comfortable and breakfast ok - fresh bread, butter and marmalade. Would stay again, but with a but of effort they could have a better rating!

• Cesaramoga
  • Colombia, Male, 31-40
12th Jul 2016
5.4

I could not sleep well two days. I arrived around 2 pm. I was starving and very tired. There was nobody at the front desk to receive me. The visitor book where you write your information was available and open so I filled that up. Then later an Argentinian young lady came to receive me. I gave her my documents and She said in a sarcastic voice that check in is at 3pm that I seem I was in a rush but she but she could not move time. Her attitude toward me and my questions were very poor.

• England, Female, 31-40
12th Jul 2016

Well located, but as others have said my door was a pain to lock.

11th Jul 2016

Outstanding hostel would highly recommend

• England, Couple, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

Amazing hostel! Met some great people here. Bathroom did not have a window but was clean. Very secure and staff are helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

6th Jul 2016

Such a nice hostel. Amazing showers and comfy beds and so many places to hang out. It's a huge place. Staff is really nice and helpful. They sometimes have dinner nights which is nice. One of my favorite hostels I stayed in during my 2 month trip.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

Nice spot, loved the comfy common areas and friendly staff. Only criticism is that it's almost too big and can be tricky to get chatting to people, but having said that I met some nice people during my stay.

1st Jul 2016
7.4

Great place for backpackers with all the bare essentials available to you and fun activities planned. I will admit that in the winter it got pretty chilly at night and the water temperature was funny but you can request extra blankets or a room with an electric blanket which made a huge difference!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
21st Jun 2016
7.4

Nice place to stay in Santiago. The rooms were quite cold but asking for a heater and extra blanket helps. Staff very friendly and helpful. Thanks guys