La Chimba Hostel Reviews

E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

Great studio apartment.

I've arrived at the hostel to get my keys, and they told me to head directly to the apartment's reception. When I got there, they didn't have my booking or my keys. I had to come back to the hostel, where they called someone, who arrived there in 15 minutes. I went back to the apartment with this guy, and realized it didn't have bed sheets or towels. So he came back later in the night to bring it to me. But the worst problem was the water heater, which didn't work. It was very frustrating.

This was a good hostel, very big and spread out, lockers in the rooms and good hot showers. Very cool common room and lots of group movie watching. The staff on the front desk were awesome however the staff serving breakfast weren't very friendly, with a first in first served rule they really shouldnt say it is until 10 because even if you get there at 9:30 most things are gone and they act very annoyed if you ask for anything.

Great location, good bed. Staff not very atencious. Bathrooms only downstair. At least good showers, with hot water.

Good hostel in a very nice part of Santiago. You can reach everywhere from here. Wifi is good and beds were comfortable.

Fun hostel, super comfy beds, great location. Good place to meet people!

Loved this hostel and the time i spent here! Really great place to meet other travellers at all ages from early 20s to late 30s. Showers were hot and good pressure. Breakfast consisted of bread and jams in the morning. Amazing location. Comfortable beds with tons of room. Would highly recommend!

Didnt like that the bathrooms are outside the bedroom, and some are in bad conditions. The breakfast is very simple. Dont have parties like other hostels and dont promove it. I think that The Chimba, is simple and confortable, and you can get friendly people but i not come again.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Peru

Great place keep up the good work

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location , close to lots of restaurants. Top. Security, safe area. Basic rooms/ bathrooms . Linen needs a bit of a clean!! Overall happy with stay- thank you

Overall this hostel was quite nice, and the beds and pillows in our double room were the best we stayed on in our whole trip so far! Staff was polite but not overly helpful, but everything was clean and in good condition. Only downsides: only about half the hostel actually has wifi and if you get a double in the front of the building (we didn't), be prepared to listen to clubs and karaoke all night!

Very mediocre hostel for travelers who want to meet people. Bathroom was dirty half of the time. Internet did not work from bedroom but they have computers in lobby. Very large hostel

The staff are all extremely nice & helpful. I had repeated visits to this hostel for personal reasons & each time I was welcomed back with a friendly smile. I would highly recommend to stay here.

Stayed here for 2nights, the hostel has some good facilities and organised a pub crawl at weekend. They seem to be doing renovations for bathrooms. I say in 3 months when finished it was be great. Staff spoke great English and in a great location.

The hostel was dirty, cat hair everywhere and there was usually no toiletpaper in the mornings. The staff didnt seem to know what they were doing since we could choose if we wanted to stay down stairs or up stairs when they took us to the room. But i then heard one of the staff tell a person who was checking in " some people that have got a bed down stairs is sleeping up stairs, sigh, so it s wrong for me now in the computer" like it was our fault!!! The breakfast is poor.

I don't normally bother to write review,but felt I had to for La Chimba. During 4 months travelling in South America, it was the best hostel I stayed at. Great staff, great atmosphere, just the right balance between chilled and a bit of a party vibe, very modern and clean bathrooms, and lots of interesting other guests to chat to. I loved this place!

Nice people, huuuuuuge house ( never find my way back to the entrance ) but beautiful!

Nice hostel. Near a karaoke bar, so can be a bit loud at night. Bathrooms ok, dorms ok. Located near many bars and restaurants, as well near the suybway and the city center. Average hostel I would say.

Excellent staff, super welcoming, friendly and very helpful. The location is excellent, close to bars, restaurants, parks and the San Cristobal Hill. Stayed in one of the double rooms and it was nice and quiet.

• 12th Feb 2014

The staff were so friendly and helpful. The location was amazing, right near all the best bars and restaurants in bellavista. There was only one bathroom/shower working for the whole upstairs floor and the kitchen wasn't stocked very well, only one knife and one dirty cutting board for everyone!

« first « Prev 1 2 3