La Chimba Hostel Reviews

E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

2091 Total Reviews

Really nice, clean and safe hostel. Nice and helpful staff. However we booked the hostel under the impression that it was going to be full of people and really social. But there was hardly anyone there. Which was very suprising for late January. That was the only down side really. Everything else was top notch.

• 27th Jan 2016

Nice hostel! The staff was very friendly and the hostel has lots of great places to hang out. It's also in a great location, near bars, restaurants, and a great park. My room was a little noisy because there was a pool table in the room just next door, but then again, it's a hostel, so it's not really a complaint, more just an observation.

Stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time. Very clean and professional. Nice people. Good social areas. And in the heart of bellavista

There were two showers on my floor yet neither of them was in working order and I had to go to a different building to shower. This wasn't much of a problem some of the time, but the rest of the time I had to go all the way to the far back building as the closer ones were in use. The kitchen in the front building was also out of order. The lock on my room was a bit loose also, the door could be opened with a slight shove action.

Staff were good, helpful for most of the times but could not give me some specific information and/or directions I asked (I believe that due to some of them are foreign people living in Santiago). Facilities like bedrooms and bathrooms were all pretty good, just in some parts of the hall the floor was kind of broken so you needed to pay attention where you step in, also a couple of chairs had their seats loose. Despite of what has been said above, I would likely recommend the hostel!

Cool hostel in a nightlife area. Staff were really lovely and there was a great feel to the hostel- lots of travellers can just hang out and chill together. Downsides (which only matter if you are bothered by these things) would be the noise of the karaoke bars and nightclubs nearby, cleanliness of bathrooms and location is a bit out of the centre. But I recommend this hostel in Santiago for sure!

The staff was really nice. The hostel seems to be medium but when you walk through it, it's huge! I also loved the paintings around it. Although the breakfast is not so good because there are not so much things to eat, the hostel organizes some things at night which are pretty good.

• 12th Jan 2016

Nice place in a great neighborhood. It's big, but they have events every night and a nice outdoor patio. All in all a good stay, but. a few things.... Strangely, they split up my group of 3 into 2 different dorm rooms even though there was an empty bed in my room so we could have actually all been in there. Seemed to happen to another couple too, so ask if they split you up. Do not count on breakfast.

Disappointing given the reviews. No coffee in the morning and barely any bread. You would expect at least a cup of coffee for the price. First come, first served bull s##t. Staff failed to order transfer to airport twice. Location is good.

Loved La Chimba. It was probably my favorite hostel during my South America trip. Huge thanks to Sam and Christina for making my stay highly memorable. They had free delicious lunch my first day, wine tasting the next, and Pisco sour tasting soon after. Great to meet people. Stayed in a comfortable and secure single private room. Loved the location and would highly recommend people staying here.

Not a bad hostel, only thing was most of the staff didn't know much about the local area except one girl who was really helpful. They all seem to be tourists themselves, and myself and others were often kept waiting at the check in desk as they didn't know the system too well. Also breakfast is just bread, and you have to be there right on time to get some. Breakfast is 8-10 and by 8:30am both mornings I stayed there it was gone. Internet only works in common areas as well.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Really cool hostel, the building itself is huge with tons of outdoor spaces. Good internet, good vibes, and the perfect location.

A very good social environment especially for a solo traveller. I must commend the girls behind the desk in particular Ellie, Marina and Katrine. Their efforts to make every guest feel welcome and included makes la chimba a comfortable place to stay - just like a second home. A true credit to the hostel.

• 28th Dec 2015

Marina and Katrine were fantastic hosts and good fun!

Breakfast = toast + coffee ( if there is some left)

Hostel is at a good location close to metro station and historic part of the town. Free walking tour starting point is 10 minute walk. Also a block away from Bellavista and a lot of bars and good nightlife. Staff are helpful with your questions but didn't really show me where everything is in the hostel. So I did my own tour. It is not a crazy party hostel as it might seem like from the description and pictures but it has a good vibe and atmosphere. Showers/restrooms are not in great condition.

Such a fun place in a great area. Easy to meet people, there are generally people drinking in the courtyard every night and close to good bars and restaurants. Lockers big enough for a bag in some dorm rooms, but not all!

This hostel has a great location and the building itself is awesome. tons of outdoor spaces with courtyards. great places to drink and hangout. The rooms are spacious. Wifi works well too. Nothing to complain about, great place to stay!

Overall a really great hostel, plenty of chances to met people and in a great location. I would say the ONLY downside is its very noisy at night with music playing. If you have earplugs, stay here.

Fantastico! I had amazing time in The farm, wild and virgen beatch just for us, main surf spots very close. Good vibes. Clean.

• 15th Dec 2015