La Chimba Hostel Reviews

E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

Had a awesome time friendly staff and in a great location

Good overall hostel, but not one of the best I've been. Staff was a bit confusing and some really annoying things like poor wifi and a broken toilet flush...

Not all the staff speaks English. habla Espagnol ;)

A great hostel to chill out at. The staff were very helpful and the hostel is equipped with everything you would need. There are some tours run from the hostel which is always a good way to meet new people. A hostel I would definitely return to when visiting again.

La Chimba is a really nice place to stay. The staff were amazingly receptive, especially Gustavo. The experience was awesome. the only point I would like to recommend to improve is on the cleanliness of rooms and batherooms.

• 27th Jul 2014

I stayed at La Chimba for 13 days during july 26th up to August the 7th. It was my first time in Santiago and it couldn't be better. One of the Hostel's employee, Gustavo, helped me and my friends on decided what tours to do, threat us very good, and was definitely a big part of making my staying at la chimba so nice, he was always making us feel like we were home. Im very happy with my stay at la chimba, and also for have meeting Gustavo.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really likes this hostel the only problem was, I stayed for 3 nights and had to change room 3 times which was a bit annoying having to check out and check in 3 separate times. The value for money is good, I had to give a poor rating somewhere. The girl on the front desk is extremely helpful.

Decent hostel, bathrooms weren't the best but had a toilet and shower, most of the staff were helpful, location is excellent!

La Chimba is the perfect backpacker hostel! The staff are incredibly nice and helps you with whatever you need help for. It's not the cleanest hostel I've stayed at but it's nothing an experienced traveller can't handle and the atmosphere and the people make up for it a 100 %. The hostel is located right next to a lot of bars and restaurants and only a 10 minute walk from the center of Santiago. Highly recommendable.

Nice hostel spread out plenty if space between room. I would go bak

Really big, rambling building, with lots of shared spaces, and really good facilities. The beds were also big and comfortable.

it has mites and mold all over it. if you're allergic, you're gonna die there.

• 13th Jul 2014

Just an average hostel all around. Facilities are worn down and dirty. Had to walk outside through a series of hallways to get to our place. Staff not eager to help. Allowed us to rent a lock with a deposit but the next day told us we had purchased it. Bad breakfast. Provided a roof over our heads, that's about it.

El ambiente en el hostal es bueno; eso sí, todos los que se quedan hablan solamente inglés. La mayoría del staff es muy malo. Tuve habitación individual con baño privado y el baño siempre tiró agua y desde el primer día estaba en malas condiciones. Eso sí, la mejor ubicación. Me moví a una cuadra, al Kombi Hostel, verdaderamente excelente, convivencia, lugar, limpieza, precio y más que nada los anfitriones, Ricardo y Germán, los mejores.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

A good hostel with helpful staff! We were able to extend our stay with no problems. We did lock our key in the room and they didn't have a spare but they arranged for us to stay at the sister hostel just down the road free of charge, with excellent communication between the two places. Nice clean sheets and a hot shower on arrival at La Chimba, and breakfast was pretty good but the toaster was broken when we were there (white people problems haha). La Chimba has everything you need.

Staff are great. Especially Kat and Nat. There is a great family atmosphere and really good place to start my travels in South America

Great hostel, so big you can really be quiet if you want or party. Remember to bring a lock for the locker in your bed. I stayed in the cheapest bed and was great. The receptionist of the morning was really nice and very profesional when i needed a fast way to get to the airport. The only thing were the toilettes, as they were most of the time with water in the floor. But very clean and great breakfast too. Excellent value.

No real atmosphere, bunk beds in our room were really loose making lots of noise when you moved in your sleep.

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff. But hostel was not very clean, especially the washrooms.

I had a great time here, and ended up staying longer than expected! The hostel is in the best location - round the corner from the bars and restaurants of Bellavista and close to the city centre. The staff are really nice, which helps contribute to the excellent atmosphere. The hostel is massive, and there are plenty of spaces to chill. Wifi works everywhere. Kitchen is well-equipped. Only downside is that the dorms can get a little cold at night, but duvets are provided. I would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3