La Chimba Hostel Reviews

E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

I stayed on a Saturday night and, since La Chimba is in Bellavista and is more of a fun/party hostel, i was expecting lots of noise, but i was pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was in my room. The bathrooms got a little bit crowded and messy in the morning, but that's normal at such a large hostel. My only complaint about the location is that it is a bit far from a good supermarket.

we were in a room that was above a restourant and it was so noisy we couldnt sleep all night. the bathroom and toilet was broken and dirty and it was one for 10-12 people. otherwise the hostel is on a very nice place just 5-10 min walk from the center.

Nice hostel, freindly and helpful staff. But please get rid off the mold in the third building and changing shower curtains can be done immidiately!

Good location but it can get noisy. Helpful staff.

24hr front desk staff makes this one of the better options. Guitar, pool table, foosball table, really cool place to chill before going out.

Bins for throwing away used toilet paper were small and always spilling over. Arrived on Thursday to a non-working shower. By Monday alternate showers had no hot water and told to use a shower in another building. The hostel doesnt accept Visa Debit cards. Amongst positives; breakfast was nice

Had a wonderful stay at La Chimba, location is great as well staff was really helpful. Rooms were clean, breakfast was hearty and definitely would stay again in there.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

Nice hostel with perfect location, close to the bars but you can still sleep at night. Nice breakfast. Also they have the best and fastest computers I have used in three months' time in South America. But - they shouldn't mention they have a pin-ball machine if it doesn't work. The TV in our room didn't work either, they already knew about it but didn't really care/seem to repair it soon. The room was very spacious and had a great bathroom tho.

Breakfast was brilliant and the staff were lovely. Location is great, in a nice part of town that feels safe but still has lots going on. Would recommend. Could do with fixing locks on bathrooms and the bathroom in my dorm had a really mouldy looking ceiling.

Had the best stay here ! The staff were so helpful and great fun. The hostel itself is great,loads of space to socialise and meet people. And the beds were super comfy and showers were good. Couldn't have asked for more.

Great location, helpful staff, big breakfasts, comfy beds, good wifi & good common areas. I was luckily enough to have a 6 bed female dorm with ensuite to myself for 2 of the nights :) I also highly recommend the free walking tours of the city to help orientate yourself & get some real insight into Chile & Santiago. Love.this.city!

Fantastic shower. Nuff said!

everything absolutely wonderful, especially the staff - they are the friendliest and most helpful! gets a bit noisy in the nights...

The nicest, friendliest and most helpful staff ever. Great location, safe, not far from city center. Could do with a little more equipment in the rooms - the second room was better than the first one, though. Only downside - gets quite noisy all through the night. That's what young folks call "athmosphere", I guess :)

Fantastic staff go above and beyond to help you enjoy Santiago and surroundings. Great location, strolling distance to major sites and plenty of restaurants and bars. The hostel itself is undergoing renovation so some areas look a bit shabby but will be great when complete. Beds a bit creaky but value for money. Would stay again.

A pretty good hostel in a decent location. Is in an old, slightly run down building but has lots of character. Rooms are pretty tiny, as are bathrooms. Staff are good!

Our stay at La Chimba was off the charts amazing, made particularly so by the wonderful people working there. You made our holiday something really special, thank you so much - missing you all and after staying at some other hostels on our trip we can say without a doubt you guys have a fantastic place.

• 9th Sep 2014

Cancelled my booking due to age restrictions. I feel this policy is unnecessary and ageist. Had to give a rating in order to submit this review.

We stayed in the double room with the ensuite. Huge room, comfy bed, clean great location and helpful staff. On the downside our room was located close to the social room which got very noisy until very late, but the moment we complained a staff member told them to move to the main building and that was that.

Catherine and her fellow workers are great. The people here at the hostel are friendly and helpful. Rooms and nice and big and the hostel is big. Location is down the road from most pubs and eating places in Bella. I'm going back

• 1st Sep 2014