La Choza Inn Hostel Reviews

300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

The stay was ok. The location is good but the thing we didn't like at La Fortuna at all is that everyone tries to get your money. There is no public bus going to the volcano or any interesting spots. You always need to book a guided tour or take a taxi for 2$/kilometer!! The staff was nice but they offered us the boat-jeep-boat tour to Monteverde for 30$ instead of 25$ ( last year the price was 12$ by the way!). When we figured this out we discussed with the guy at the reception and gave us 5$.

• 17th Dec 2014

It is a cheap place to stay and it is comfortable and clean enough and the beds are fine, with soft linen. There were a few downfalls, eg trip advisor says there's a pool.... There isn't!! Also there was a man in our female only dorm and also the staff gave incorrect information, regarding taxi fares and entry prices, even though we asked him in Spanish. But the breakfast is nice and the housekeepers work hard to keep it clean.

• 29th Nov 2014

Rooms are clean and spacious with wifi, ac and tv. Our room had a balcony which was nice. The staff didn't speak well English except for 1 guy but he's never around. Also up a dark road at night. The bathroom had a foggy glass window that led to hallway and you could see my outline while I showered if I had the light on because I am tall. I left the light off. Average experience.

The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful. Only downside is that there was no WiFi available in the rooms. Other than that, our stay was excellent!

A brilliant place with excellent 2 day tours for 85 USD. Better than anything else in the area, and a great way to see the beauty of the area with knowledgable guides who ensure you learn a lot and get the most out of the experience. The ONLY thing that wasn't clear - you CANNOT pay by debit / credit card once you're there, so make sure you account for the cash required to pay for the room.

The front desk was usually empty and we had to wait for staff a lot. The facilities looked clean, but there was a strong smell of mildew- even though we found at least three air fresheners in the room to try and mask it. There was one lockbox shared for all members of a six bed dorm.

So my boyfriend and I booked a private room ensuite in La Choza Inn and we were actually surprised that our room looked like a hotel room more than a hostel room. Double bed, A/C, Cable TV, small fridge, decent bathroom with hot water, sort of closet; basically everything you need. The staff is great, they have great discounted tour packages that you will certainly enjoy and the breakfast is included (which is also pretty good). So I really recommend it to anyone going to La Fortuna. Enjoy!

I and a few fellow travelers staying in the dorm thought it strange that we didn't each get a key to the room. The reception desk wasn't always staffed, so getting the room key right away wasn't always possible. Additionally, some of the staff weren't very friendly (although some were).

This hostel was quiet and clean. Staff was very helpful in giving information and helping to set up transportation. Very much worth the money, I would stay again. I have already told fellow travelers about this place.

• 6th Jul 2014

check your reservation with La Choza directly before going. The atmosphere was mediocre and accommodations were a mixed bag. Ok for the cost.

• 2nd Jul 2014