La Choza Inn Hostel

• 300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

7.5
Very Good 195 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 195 Total Reviews
La Choza Inn Hostel Located at 300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus, La Fortuna.
Costa Rica
La Fortuna Alajuela 506 300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus
75% 195
10.4716204 -84.6478567
    Rooms available

17th Sep 2016

La Choza Inn had the best free breakfast I've had at a hostel yet. The kitchen is open so you can cook for yourself, too. I loved their garden, and you can see the volcano from the property. The owner was really nice and let me borrow a towel and helped me track down my shower things after I had already checked out and left, but came back when I remembered. They have some cheap tours, although I didn't go on any. It is walking dist from the local rope swing swimming hole. Definitely recommend.

• mhagzie1505
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
7.4

Good location but no real atmosphere. More like a hotel and not very sociable. Staff only spoke to me when I was handing over money for something. Good breakfast.

10th Aug 2016
6.6

If you need somewhere to stay for a couple of nights, this will do. I felt rushed out of my room before I was required to check out because they were trying to get some other guests in my room. I was placed in a mixed dorm when I asked for all female. I personally did not mind, but someone else might have. It's very close to everything with great views and also pretty quiet. They have a nice two volcano tour that's priced well and worth the experience. Just not sure I'd stay here again.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
7th Aug 2016

We booked for 2 nights and ended up extending our stay for one night. There is no free shuttle to take you to the hot spring or anywhere else! FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! Breakfast is good. The curly headed guy is nice. However, they are really aggressive with their towels they don't rent them Unless you give them a $10 deposit. If they for whatever reason give you one towel give it back until the end. The beds were comfy, AC worked great in our room. We stayed in the 6 person room!

7th Aug 2016
6.0

It was alright

• talgross21
  • Israel, Mixed Group, 18-24
4th Aug 2016
6.6

When we got the room he was with a lot of smoke inside, so Nina, that was very nice, move us to other room but one of the girl sleeped on the floor. The other staff wasnt nice at all, didn't let us to eat at the table area and ask us for 2000 kolon for extra key, very expensive breakfast

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
3rd Aug 2016

Superb hostel! Amazing free breakfast with copious pineapple, helpful and friendly staff, clean hostel with good vibe.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
30th Jul 2016
7.7

WiFi was really unreliable, but you can walk five minutes to the park or a coffee shop and they have it for free. Breakfast was good, rooms were well air conditioned and the beds were pretty comfortable!

• Philippines, Mixed Group, 31-40
30th Jul 2016

It was only a few hundred meters from the town center marked by the church and park. Perhaps it was only a coincidence, but the other guests played music until 10 or 11 pm that went through the walls. So if you retire early and are a light/sensitive sleeper, I would recommend a room farther from the dining area and dormitory. The flush of the toilet in our particular room worked, but you had to open the tank because the refill mechanism did not always function, so you had to align it manually.

29th Jul 2016
4.0

I had the worst experience at this hostel. Service at the front desk upon arrival was difficult and thereafter even worse. They advertise "free shuttle services", but it's only for the tour they provide. The gentleman at the desk was absolutely rude when a roommate took the ONLY key to the room. Mind you, they weren't traveling with us. He handed me a roll of 50+ keys and told me to go one-by-one and figure it out. Worst experience I've had amongst all of the traveling I've done.