La Choza Inn Hostel

• 300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Very Good 302 Total Reviews
Very Good 302 Total Reviews

13th Mar 2017
8.0

Location is good and there is a pretty good kitchen. Free breakfast which is very good. Eggs and toast. Main negative was the bunk above me collapsed. First time, 2 wooden slats fell down and hit me. I could've been seriously injured. The girl in that bunk and I, both reported this several times. It wasn't until she fell right through that someone did anything. Guy at reception was not very nice to the other girl but nice to me when I reported it, but did nothing when he assured me he would.

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
6th Mar 2017
7.7

Stayed for 3 nights in total, 2 nights in private rooms and 1 night in dorm. Very clean and comfortable in the private room - complete with a little balcony! The dorm bathroom was not as cleaned. They serve breakfast and free shuttle to the hot spring which is nice. Location is not bad either. Staff were helpful.

5th Mar 2017

Bathrooms need updating, or at least a little maintenance to stop shower from leaking all over the bathroom. Other than that - very happy that we got good value for money!

• IsabelleGM
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd Mar 2017

Choza is very close to the "downtown". The staff are very friendly and everything is always being cleaned. The main reason we chose this hostel was for the free shuttle bus to the free hot springs and it was well worth it! If you are backpacking on a budget this is the way to go.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
1st Mar 2017
3.1

It was honestly awful. The staff wasn't very nice and actually yelled at me and another girl for switching beds. Gave me the run around about returning my money as well. Honestly I know it's cheap but spend the extra buck or two and go elsewhere.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Feb 2017

We stayed in the cheap dorms and they were pretty cheap. The shower and bathroom were a bit manky, but if you want a cheap bed , it's alright. And Breakfast was good

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Feb 2017

This hostel was exactly what we were looking for and it was perfect. It wasn't on a main road but it was also walking distance away from everything in town. We had a private room two beds and it was cozy. We didn't spend our time in the room so we didn't need a lot of space. We had a warm shower and bathroom in our room so it was just perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful and they let us stay an extra day and we were able to pay in U.S. dollars or colones if we wanted. Just perfect!!

26th Feb 2017

La Choza Inn was great. I was in a dorm and it was spacious . The toilet and sink were located outside but it was always clean. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help. Breakfast was awesome and the atmosohere was relaxed. I would recommend this place!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2017
7.4

I stayed in this hostel for 1 night only and it was OK. Rooms are clean but turns out they're realllyyyyyy hot even at night. Washrooms could have been cleaner but overall it was a great hostel for the price I paid. Breakfast was good (+ lots of eggs!)

25th Feb 2017
7.7

The bathrooms need some work in the dorms and when I asked for a towel for the floor (it was nasty slippery) they told me I couldn't have one because I was in the dorm.