La Choza Inn Hostel Reviews

300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

This hostel was quiet and clean. Staff was very helpful in giving information and helping to set up transportation. Very much worth the money, I would stay again. I have already told fellow travelers about this place.

• 6th Jul 2014

check your reservation with La Choza directly before going. The atmosphere was mediocre and accommodations were a mixed bag. Ok for the cost.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Great location off of the main road. Beds were comfortable, and I was lucky to have gotten a room with and air conditioner. Staff was friendly, but the guy who works in the morning always asked why I had not paid for my stay (when I had). Seems either like they are unorganized or he is trying to scan us. All other employees were friendly and helpful, going out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Had one of the best breakfasts I've ever had at a hostel.

• 9th Jun 2014

Great location...not being in the heart of the bar, restaurant "crawl". Still only a 5 minute walk to all that. Free brkfast is hearty! Cant go wrong for a bed, brkfast and low price.

Clean but beds were a little uncomfortable.. fantastic location and friendly staff :)

My friend and I stayed here for one night and had a pretty good experience. The rooms are clean and lock,which is nice. There is hot water and breakfast was good here. The rooms have a/c capabilities but it does cost $6-7, which they don't tell you about online (and its warm and humid enough that you'll want it). Location is great and its a good bang for your buck.

Overall we had a nice stay. Not to many people at the time we stayed. We had a private 6 bed dorm! Breakfast was good and location was not far from everything. Only thing is disliked was that the website said A/C but when we arrived it cost an additional $6 per day! Wouldn't have been a problem if the website said you have to pay for A/C

More of a simple motel than a hostel. Small room but perfectly fine for a few days in La Fortuna. Helpful staff. Common area doubles as the kitchen which also serves free breakfast in the morning. That breakfast was simple but enough to get me going - fruit, bread, eggs. The grounds look great and I would have loved some hammocks in the shade to compliment the grounds detail. The property is a few minutes walk from the town center which I preferred, less noise and commotion.

Good in general, I have to say that the breakfast service is the best part, and the ladies that were serving in the kitchen were kind. The administration was vague when I ask for tour information. As for the room I had, the bathroom door didn't work and the shower door had a gap so some of the water spill out.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Costa Rica

it was a very good deal for te price

I thought La Choza was located in a great spot in La Fortuna. It is very close to downtown, but just located off of the main road so its less busy and not as noisy. I paid $11/night and the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The shared bathrooms were also very clean everytime I used them. The best part is that breakfast is included in the price. Breakfast was eggs (made to order), toast, coffee, fresh fruit and peanut butter! They have a computer for guests to use too. Good hostel.

It was a decent hostel for the night, wouldn't stay there more than a couple nights. The showers are cold and you can see into the, from the hallway. The rooms are a bit sketchy and extremely hot. Overall it was ok. The staff were very nice!

• 7th Mar 2014

Very good place if you're looking for something quiet. Clean rooms and very friendly, helpful and obliging staff.