La Choza Inn Hostel Reviews

300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

They need to invest in some new mattresses. Rooms smelt damp. Only one bathroom shared by everyone staying in all the dorm rooms. No time specified that guests need to be quiet so people up until 1am directly beneath the dorms with only wooden floor boards beneath us. No lockers! Sofas covered in dog hair and smell of dog. Good breakfast though!

On of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!!! Don't believe to those haters, who write bad reviews ! Everything was great! Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is delicious and stuff is super friendly (actually like everybody in Costa Rica) Enjoy your stay there!

Since the very first night the personal at the hotel was very kind, advising us where to eat and what tours to take, the pool was very clean and the room had its own bathroom and cable tv. The price was great and the location very nice. I highly recommend this lodge if you want to have fun without paying too much.

When I arrived at the hostel, it was much further out of the way than expected, down a dark, lonely street. I went into the office and tried to show the person working my reservation on my phone. He then took my phone and wouldn't give it back, which was creepy. I finally got it back, and he didn't apply my deposit on hostelworld to my booking, so I had to pay extra. Our room didn't have sheets, just weird scratchy curtain like things on the beds, and the walls and floor had holes.

• 21st Mar 2015

An OK value for the money. Most hostels that are less than $10, aren't perfect. You pay for what you get. The room was good, the beda comfortable enough for a good night sleep. I really liked the ensuite bathroom. It was a big plus for me. And very a very hot shower. The breakfast was awesome, one of the largest I ever seen for a hostel. I didn't like the absence of lockers. There are some at the reception, but they don't all work. It was an honest place to stay. Don't worry about going there.

Staff member who did our check in was quite unfriendly and unhelpful. Tried to sell us tours that were much more expensive than other tour operators in town. Location is good and close to main town area.

This place is awesome!, located down town and minutes from any attraction. Beautiful garden basic served breakfast or snaks and kitchen for those who wish to prepare their on meals. Crowd predominantly young with some young at heart adults, easy going style. Beautifull. Daniel welcomes you with a smile and tours the facility, yuaner (cool) Ronny is always there to assist you (this guys impacted our stay in a great way). NOTE: BREAKFAST FREE

Nice staff, big room, well located. It was good for a few nights.

Unfriendly staff and smelly sheets. Cloaks did not work properly. Stay away if possible, mat be cheap but not even worth the money.

• 4th Feb 2015