La Choza Inn Hostel

• 300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Very Good 203 Total Reviews
Very Good 203 Total Reviews
La Choza Inn Hostel Located at 300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus, La Fortuna.
Costa Rica
La Fortuna Alajuela 506 300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus
74% 203
10.4716204 -84.6478567
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Oct 2016

I had a great stay at this hostel, it is kept very clean with rooms, bathrooms and kitchens cleaned throughly every day. Very quiet and peaceful, well suited to people wanting to get early night to be able to make the most of the daytime, good location.Only downside for me was breakfast, although free as a vegan I was unable to eat the bread (brand containing milk) or scrambled eggs and we were limited to 1 spoonful of Gallo pinto per person which was a little disappointing.Fruits would be nice

• Czech Republic, Female, 25-30
18th Oct 2016

Very nice hostel. We stayed in a private room without AC. I guess this type of room makes you feel more like in a hotel rather than a hostel which we appreciated. It was quiet, not far from the city centre. Staff was nice but only spoke spanish to us. Breakfast was very good, they served eggs with pico de gallo, toasts, juice, coffee. They make it for you once you show up for breakfast.

• Spain, All Male Group, 31-40
11th Oct 2016

Very nice breakfast although the ladies serving it don't look very happy. Starting a bit earlier (6:30am) would be nice as some activities start at 8am. Reception is always willing to help you out and answer questions. We and other people did get the free ride to the hot springs. Free towel (with deposit). Secure lockers in your room (you need your own lock) or get a locker with key inside reception. Payment with card -> no problem. Internet quite strong (you may need to change some settin

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Oct 2016
6.6

Felt like a hotel. No atmosphere. Didn't meet anyone here that was travelling. If you speak Spanish then the staff are very kind and will take time to get to know you. Breakfasts are great. Tours were good here as well. Wifi worked for me in kitchen but never worked for my friend so she didn't like that. Wifi didn't work in our room. Bathroom ok, slightly falling apart. Location in central and good. Down a dirt room. AC never worked but we didn't need it anyways.

17th Sep 2016

La Choza Inn had the best free breakfast I've had at a hostel yet. The kitchen is open so you can cook for yourself, too. I loved their garden, and you can see the volcano from the property. The owner was really nice and let me borrow a towel and helped me track down my shower things after I had already checked out and left, but came back when I remembered. They have some cheap tours, although I didn't go on any. It is walking dist from the local rope swing swimming hole. Definitely recommend.

• mhagzie1505
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
7.4

Good location but no real atmosphere. More like a hotel and not very sociable. Staff only spoke to me when I was handing over money for something. Good breakfast.

10th Aug 2016
6.6

If you need somewhere to stay for a couple of nights, this will do. I felt rushed out of my room before I was required to check out because they were trying to get some other guests in my room. I was placed in a mixed dorm when I asked for all female. I personally did not mind, but someone else might have. It's very close to everything with great views and also pretty quiet. They have a nice two volcano tour that's priced well and worth the experience. Just not sure I'd stay here again.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
7th Aug 2016

We booked for 2 nights and ended up extending our stay for one night. There is no free shuttle to take you to the hot spring or anywhere else! FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! Breakfast is good. The curly headed guy is nice. However, they are really aggressive with their towels they don't rent them Unless you give them a $10 deposit. If they for whatever reason give you one towel give it back until the end. The beds were comfy, AC worked great in our room. We stayed in the 6 person room!

7th Aug 2016
6.0

It was alright

• talgross21
  • Israel, Mixed Group, 18-24
4th Aug 2016
6.6

When we got the room he was with a lot of smoke inside, so Nina, that was very nice, move us to other room but one of the girl sleeped on the floor. The other staff wasnt nice at all, didn't let us to eat at the table area and ask us for 2000 kolon for extra key, very expensive breakfast