La Choza Inn Hostel Reviews

300 mts west from the post office in La Fortuna, 200 mts south and 300 mts west from La Fortuna Bus, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

A brilliant place with excellent 2 day tours for 85 USD. Better than anything else in the area, and a great way to see the beauty of the area with knowledgable guides who ensure you learn a lot and get the most out of the experience. The ONLY thing that wasn't clear - you CANNOT pay by debit / credit card once you're there, so make sure you account for the cash required to pay for the room.

The front desk was usually empty and we had to wait for staff a lot. The facilities looked clean, but there was a strong smell of mildew- even though we found at least three air fresheners in the room to try and mask it. There was one lockbox shared for all members of a six bed dorm.

So my boyfriend and I booked a private room ensuite in La Choza Inn and we were actually surprised that our room looked like a hotel room more than a hostel room. Double bed, A/C, Cable TV, small fridge, decent bathroom with hot water, sort of closet; basically everything you need. The staff is great, they have great discounted tour packages that you will certainly enjoy and the breakfast is included (which is also pretty good). So I really recommend it to anyone going to La Fortuna. Enjoy!

I and a few fellow travelers staying in the dorm thought it strange that we didn't each get a key to the room. The reception desk wasn't always staffed, so getting the room key right away wasn't always possible. Additionally, some of the staff weren't very friendly (although some were).

This hostel was quiet and clean. Staff was very helpful in giving information and helping to set up transportation. Very much worth the money, I would stay again. I have already told fellow travelers about this place.

• 6th Jul 2014

check your reservation with La Choza directly before going. The atmosphere was mediocre and accommodations were a mixed bag. Ok for the cost.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Great location off of the main road. Beds were comfortable, and I was lucky to have gotten a room with and air conditioner. Staff was friendly, but the guy who works in the morning always asked why I had not paid for my stay (when I had). Seems either like they are unorganized or he is trying to scan us. All other employees were friendly and helpful, going out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Had one of the best breakfasts I've ever had at a hostel.

• 9th Jun 2014

Great location...not being in the heart of the bar, restaurant "crawl". Still only a 5 minute walk to all that. Free brkfast is hearty! Cant go wrong for a bed, brkfast and low price.

Clean but beds were a little uncomfortable.. fantastic location and friendly staff :)

My friend and I stayed here for one night and had a pretty good experience. The rooms are clean and lock,which is nice. There is hot water and breakfast was good here. The rooms have a/c capabilities but it does cost $6-7, which they don't tell you about online (and its warm and humid enough that you'll want it). Location is great and its a good bang for your buck.

Overall we had a nice stay. Not to many people at the time we stayed. We had a private 6 bed dorm! Breakfast was good and location was not far from everything. Only thing is disliked was that the website said A/C but when we arrived it cost an additional $6 per day! Wouldn't have been a problem if the website said you have to pay for A/C

More of a simple motel than a hostel. Small room but perfectly fine for a few days in La Fortuna. Helpful staff. Common area doubles as the kitchen which also serves free breakfast in the morning. That breakfast was simple but enough to get me going - fruit, bread, eggs. The grounds look great and I would have loved some hammocks in the shade to compliment the grounds detail. The property is a few minutes walk from the town center which I preferred, less noise and commotion.