La Cigana Reviews

Calle Centauro sur 18 Esquina Sol Oriente, Tulum, Mexico

Nice building among beautiful trees, nice hammocks, the breakfast was ok, the staff was helpful. There is a diving shop there if you want to dive! There are dogs.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Nice environment. I was there with a group. Unfortunately there was no hot shower after 2 days and we booked for 12 days ... we told but nothing happened. I can not go there anymore with divers who are on a course ...

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Fix showers. Other than that, a nice stay.

Nice Hostel with Nice Staff with their own relaxed way of doing things. Breakfast was included and enough to start the day.

great hostel. good food. cat's are nice but not when they poop under the hammocks :p

There was a heavy smell of mold, to the point it stuck with us for the rest of our trip, there were spiders dead and alive in wholes of the walls. which there were also plenty of. we almost were double charged for our space. and unsure how clean the rest of the place was, but the sweet with our own bathroom, was not worth the price. shall not be staying there in the future. the staff were friendly though.

Good location and beautiful garden. Friendly staff.

cockroach in the room, bad atmosphere. left after 1 night weary travel hostel is cheaper and has better atmosphere (and it's clean,something that has to be always guaranteed)

Loved it - great chilled out vibe; super friendly and helpful staff - extended my stay by an extra few days I loved it so much - wish I could have stayed longer!

The hostel is pretty nice, good location, nice atmosphere, and the breakfast included is quite ok. I slept there only the second night because on the first day the sent me to another hostel called "La flauta magica", terrible place. Apparently it is pretty common that they overbook (I met quite a few people that went through the same experiece), so I would make sure I will actually sleep at La Cigana before paying my money.

• 25th Jan 2014

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Good relaxed atmosphere, great location with nice bars and restaurants just down the street. Would definitely stay here again

Amazing place, felt at home from the first moment. Will definitely go back.

• 17th Jan 2014

Close to the main street, but not noisy. There are just small lockers to put your stuff in. The rooms are clean and simple. Not that many bathrooms. The breakfast is really good, with fruit, bread and coffee. Its also possible to rent a bike which is nice since its a long way to walk to the beach.

Very nice little place to stay in Tulum. Breakfast was good and the staff awesome, specially Cristina!

Not particularly clean place. It has a nice garden. And it has many bugs strolling around, thus also entering rooms etc. The hot water was not always available, and the shower head in our bathroom was non-existent. The bar area was every evening occupied by the owner and his friends, therefore limiting space for hostel guests to hang around. I think the place is too expensive for what it offers.

The owner and his staff were very welcoming and friendly. They always had great music on and the coffee was great! The location is perfect…close to the bus station, close to Chedraui (huge super market), close to local markets, and you could rent a bike to get to the beach. I loved all the tropical shrubbery on site. It made hanging out in a hammock 2 days out of 5 very pleasant. The bathrooms were clean and they even had hot water in the showers!

Charlie (Carlos) the owner, is very nice and most helpful. I arrived very late and there was still a small party going on, that was the best welcome to mexico anyone could expect. Lively at the bar but very quiet in the rooms. Everyone, staff and guests, was very friendly and relaxed. Good coffee. Comfortable bed.

Overall a bad experience in this Tulum Pueblo Hostel. Bathroom wasn't cleaned during 3 consecutive days. No toilet paper refill quite embarassing when there are 8 people using it. Water flow (shower and sink) so weak that we had to use the outside facilities meant for other rooms (+8 people). Garden and kitchen area are not welcoming and dirty. Only positive aspect is breakfast and location with a couple of nice restaurants nearby. All that for the highest price paid so far after 3 weeks in MX

Stuff was really nice but not all could speak english. Place looked dirty (maybe it was not) and the hot shower was only outside. Bed not comfortable and a lot mosquitos in the room. Good location to go into town.

Very helpful staff! Thank you for the upgrade. Our stay was fantastic :)