La Cigana Reviews

Calle Centauro sur 18 Esquina Sol Oriente, Tulum, Mexico

I had a 2 weeks trip in all over mexico . This hotel gave me the worse exprience . -- it was not clean at all. Sheets were dirty. -- Beds were so old in a way that when you sleep, you would feel the metal pieces in the bad would needle you -- everybody was talking about location, well tulum is very small. I found out , there are hostels at the same price that are close to the beach,mayan ruins and the hostels provide AC It should def improve

15min walk to ADO bus station. Breakfast was coffee,toast,bowl of mixed fruit. Helpful staff, spoke good english.Located close to main street near restaurants, collectivos, taxis, shops. 70 pesos in taxi to Ruins and beach.Can get a collectivo for40pesos to playa del carmen (cheaper beach area) and cenotes. Went to jardin del eden cenote which is enroute to playa del carmen. Spent 2 nights in private aircon room and 2 nights in private shared bathroom room with fan. Shared bathroom wasn't clean.

The staff were very sweet and the location is pretty nice. The overall state of the hostel was filthy though. The washrooms were unusable at times. Also the private room doesn't have a private entrance which is not advertised online. Meaning you must enter the dorms to get to the private room. It made no sense. It was very loud and hard to sleep. We found the overall experience not to be a Good one, and it is cheaper in the posadas in town.

Most of the staff were pleasant and helpful but it only takes a few bad apples and unfortunately this place has two. The owner is great also and overall the atmosphere is pretty chilled. There was no reading light in the dorm, only a couple of fans and they were positioned directly onto a couple of beds. Leak from the toilet which never got fixed and appeared to be that way for some time. A towel was put down and a mop left to wipe up. Also the kitchen area could have been kept a lot cleaner

Stayed 2 nights here, nice place. Our dorm room did not lock though... Staff nice and good location in town.

The stay was great - the team is multinational and very friendly. You can rent a bike. I did it and, of course, I lost my key. The owner was very helpful and staff helped me to settle the problem. Recommended without any hesitation!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Poland

The hostel rooms are so cramped there's barely enough room to put your things and with just one baño, you might have to wait a long time. We received no instructions or info when we arrived, just shown our dorm meaning we hired bikes elsewhere and bought our own breakfast...money we could have saved had we received just a little info. The WiFi is pretty bad and patchy. The free breakfast is decent though adding honey to the fruit salad makes it gooey.

I don't understand how this hostel has such a high rating. We stayed in the 6 bed mixed dorm in which there was barely room for us to keep our bags. The lockers were broken so we had 3 people's valuables in one small cupboard. The rooms were hot so the door was left open at all times, allowing mosquitoes and stray cats with mange into our room. The pillows were small old and mouldy and there were only two toilets shared between the guests.

Very nice place on the lagoon ( crazy view ) and very peacefull ! Boik now you will not regreat it ! The only thing it is a bit a far from food etc ( 10 min away from downtown village )

Nice building among beautiful trees, nice hammocks, the breakfast was ok, the staff was helpful. There is a diving shop there if you want to dive! There are dogs.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Nice environment. I was there with a group. Unfortunately there was no hot shower after 2 days and we booked for 12 days ... we told but nothing happened. I can not go there anymore with divers who are on a course ...

• 21st Mar 2014