La Cigana Reviews

Calle Centauro sur 18 Esquina Sol Oriente, Tulum, Mexico

Not enough restrooms, and it's pretty annoying. The staff was nice but made mistakes with money several times. One time there was nobody coming to open the reception in the morning for almost an hour, and a few people almost lost their bus because of it. It's not the hostel's responsibility, but when I was there, somebody's iPhone got stolen from the garden's table- so keep that in mind.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Israel

Awesome vibe- loved the friendliness of the staff and people at the dive shop. Great dive shop, good prices. Would definitely go back!

• 6th Jan 2015

5 blocks from the bus stop and right in town. The wifi doesn't work well in the dorms. Since the dorms are in a shaded area, nothing got enough sunlight to dry out after rain, so the beds and sheets always felt damp. The bathrooms were not very clean and our shower waterdidn't get hot (it was a lot like camping but with beds). Not super social atmosphere. Breakfast is available when they don't lose the key to the kitchen (happened during our stay). Overall not terrible at all, but not the best!

I think this hostel was great.. The staff are amazing and the location was great. The bathrooms weren't cleaned once in the two days I was there but I don't think it is as bad as everyone is saying! The hammocks are a lovely way to chill out

This place has so much potential however it´s cleanliness really lets it down. My bed was actually damp/wet, and the matress was all ripped up, I also woke up with a few bites. The shared bathroom was filthy, and it seemed they only cleaned once in the morning, as the toilet paper bin was overflowing in the morning and was more so in the afternoon. The owner is lovely but some of the other workers are a bit blazay about things and couldnt tell me how to get anywhere in Tulum.

Very accommodating for a very late arrival, thank you!

I had a 2 weeks trip in all over mexico . This hotel gave me the worse exprience . -- it was not clean at all. Sheets were dirty. -- Beds were so old in a way that when you sleep, you would feel the metal pieces in the bad would needle you -- everybody was talking about location, well tulum is very small. I found out , there are hostels at the same price that are close to the beach,mayan ruins and the hostels provide AC It should def improve

Spacious and airy hostel! Location is not so good, quite far from the beach but everything is far from the beach in Tulum! Staff was friendly if a little bit disorganised during breakfast. But breakfast was great! The best thing about this hostel is that I has a dive shop on premises with great staff who will take care if all your diving needs! Bogdan, who runs the shop was super helpful and it was a nice surprise to meet a guy from my home country-Poland, on the first day of my 6-month trip!