La Comarca Hostel Reviews

Perito Moreno 70, El Chalten, Argentina

Hostel is cheap for El Chalten and right next to the bus station. Terrible wifi but it's the same everywhere in the town. Good kitchen area. No security (no lockers, everyone in the room shares a key) and the floors are quite dirty. Overall pretty good place for the price.

First of all the kind host Lautaro who made my stay an excellent experience in spite of the challenges I'd been faced with thus far in western Argentina was a breath of fresh air. And his good attitude was well represented throughout the characteristics of the Last Comarca Hostel.

Too loud and crowded. Even though new, already falling apart. Doors don't close easily, handles come off on the faucets on the sink. Walls are thin and noise travels everywhere. Staff seemed interested in doing the minimum possible. Not enough common space for the number of people in the hostel. Floors of rooms never seemed to be cleaned. I did like that it was right across from the bus station. There were some nice touches like towel racks in the room and electrical plugs by the beds.

• 2nd Feb 2016

Great cheap (for el chalten!) spot in El Chalten,location is great as near to bus stop but some might say it's not the best as the bus station is actually the furthest spot from town, we loved it as the staff were fantastic & allowed us to leave our luggage on the day of our nighttime bus & take showers after our hike. The kitchen facilities are great! Only downside is the wifi but terrible connection is normal for el chalten. We would def recommend,bring earplugs if you want to sleep before 11.

Good hostel- rooms are good for el chalten. Don't judge by the outside. No lockers but always felt safe. Will be great when it has been refurbished

Stayed there 4 nights in January. The hostel is very basic, basically you get what you pay for (although there are better value hostels in Chaltén, but all of them where fully booked when I went. The kitchen is ok, but the main lack of the hostel is a common area where to hang out and meet people (there is one but quite remote and super small). Lautaro, the guy running it, is very nice. All in all I'd just try to find somewhere else but if you don't staying here is not that bad.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. The hostel is quite small which made it possible to get to know the people there - great atmosphere! Great location right next to the bus terminal. Wifi was very unreliable, only got a signal for 10 minutes per day if lucky, but that's not the hostel's fault, it's like that everywhere in El Chaltén. Biggest downside: no lockers. Showers were quite dirty.

The cheapest hostel we could find in peak season. Was good considering the price, with decent dorms, but an average communal space.

The was very comfortable, and I was able to leave my bag when I went off camping, free of charge. The owner is extremely friendly and always willing to accommodate. This is a great hostel in El Chalten.

The staff is one of the best I've ever met (Lautaro is very kind and helpful!). The kitchen and bathrooms are always clean and the location of the hostel is good. I would only suggest to include lockers in the rooms.

Overall my experience was excellant. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was just across from the bus terminal but very quiet. Good value in a very limited, expensive housing situation. Thanks to the staff for making my stay pleasant

Although 'half built' as per other reviews, the extension on the second floor opened whilst we were there and it's fabulous. As are the plans for the rest of the extension - ask about the plans, the awesome guy at the front desk will happily tell you all about them. Can't fault the atmosphere in this hostel, the kitchen and bathrooms could be cleaner but it's a work in progress and you need nothing more for a hiking town. Would be back if we ever visited el Chalten again!

Really enjoyed our stay here. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Facilities were nice, but are getting better as renovations were being made during our stay. I would love to stay here again in the future.

The upper bathroom was pretty nice, clean and new. The ones on the main floor unfortunately nice. They seem to renew other parts of the hostel as well. So in the future it may be better. The staff was really nice, the price was good, kitchen all right. No lockers!

Very simple and efficient hostel. Great staff, very backpacker, right in front of the bus terminal.

Staff was very friendly and helpful!

• 11th Jan 2016

The staff here are awesome. Very helpful and lovely. They allowed us to store our bags, shower after a hike and hang out in the hostel until our 9:30pm bus. The kitchen is big and has everything you need for self catering. Hostel could be a little cleaner but I think that it's difficult for them to keep on top of it with peak season & constant people coming and going.

Great budget option for El Chalten, by far the cheapest place here. This may be because it is still only half built, but this didn't affect my stay. Staff extremely helpful with trekking info too.

Super friendly hostel! The staff is always willing to help in everything you may need. I'd defenitly go back! Gracias por aguantarme 3 semanas!

The staff is so nice! They add a floor so it's like an unfinished hostel and it can be surprising, but inside it's ok!