La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Campania, Italy

The directions are perfect.You can find the hostel easily because honestly there is nothing more frustrating than trying to find your hostel after a very long day/train trip.Noteworthy things: 100% for cleaniless and 100% for super friendly and super helpful staff:) You're guaranteed to have a lovely stay for sure, it's a home away from home.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • South Africa

This hostel was great and really easy to find. I liked the friendliness of the team speaking in different languages! This was one of the more modern and nice hostel I stayed in so far and you can even find a bar for the guest ! The kitchen is also really modern and you get all the ustensil and things you need to cook ! The only thing is that some of the dorms are directly giving in the street and thus you are either going to be to warm or listening day and night to the traffic (there is a lot!).

The Hostel is not very central, it's possible to walk into the city center but it takes at least half an hour. The metro is not too far though. The hostel itself is really nice, the people are very helpful and open.

Great staying. Rooms maybe too warm by night because of the heating.

Good fun hostel.Good music and garden

The Hostel is tastefully furnished. The beautiful garden! The breakfast was very good! I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel , the staff was friendly and helpful.

Amazing staff, incredibly helpful and the bar in the hostel is great with pretty good prices. Naples however, never again thank you very much. Eyuck.

The best part about this hostel was the staff! They were so helpful, welcoming and friendly! This hostel has a little bit for everyone; quiet places, a bar and concerts on the weekend, and warm comfy beds. Even a garden to hang outside. Everything is cleaned daily and a small fee breakfast served everyday for free! The only downside is the internet doesn't work in the rooms, you have to go down to the common areas to use Wi-Fi. Had a wonderful start and would love to go back!

I've arrived and they were just re-opening the hostel :d (still working on the last details)... the rooms were all renovated! Easy to arrive by metro, metro station 3 min by walk from the hostel! Shiny, clean, big hostel! Lovely garden! loved it!!!

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Spain

the location is close to the metro and not too far to walk to main sights. staff are really helpful with good info on their city. this is a big hostel the hotel style and wifi did not work in the room I was in. otherwise its a good place to stay in naples.

I stayed here late december 2013 and I'd say it is one of the best hostels I've been to in Italy. I liked that they had a 24-hour reception service, free breakfast and the room was clean and spacious. They even sent me back my id (exchange for room key) to me in Germany as it was forgotten about during check out. Sweet service even after the stay!

nice hostel..

In 2 months of traveling, and 10 countries, this is the best hostel I've stayed at. The place is built to bring people together with multiple common areas, a fully equipped (large) kitchen, enormous outside courtyard, and on-site bar. I met amazing people here who im proud to call friends. The staff here is incredible; DJ Anna plays the best music during the day, and explained the whole city to me on the map. The manager, Mugu, is incredibly sweet and accommodating. Stay here in Naples!

Really cool place, they have cats that chill out with you and try to steal you breakfast. A shower head fell on my sister so that would be a negative but it's funny so we can forgive that. The location is good because you can hit a lot of the major things with just a short walk.

The common toilets weren't in a good condition. The traffic outside can sometimes be very disturbing during your sleep.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • India

This was a great place to stay! I met some really awesome people and was able to explore Napoli easily. The staff was super friendly and helpful and made you feel very welcome. The location was about 20 min from the center and very close to a Metro line so it was easy to get to from the train station. I would totally reccommend this place!

What can I say about La Controra? from the moment I came through the door and demanded the staff find me a ticket to the football game that very night, the staff showed themselves to be not only the most helpful, but friendliest of people. I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Napoli, but most of all because of La Controra. Don't stay any where else! Thank you Anna, Bomber, Mugu, GianMaria and Max. Amazing! thank you and hopefully see you all soon.

• 7th Dec 2013

Our stay here was great! We had a few troubles in Naples but coming back to the hostel was always so welcoming and comforting. Great price. Awesome staff. And a free breakfast. I would definitely reccomend it! We were supposed to stay here for 2 night but because of difficulties with our ride out of Naples we had to book a third night after we had checked out and they even gave us a discount which made things a lot better. I would definitely stay again!

The staff are amazing - especially Raph and Lucy! Location is a bit far from the old town and the pretty port areas which is the Naples you want to see, but that's why it's such a good price so it balances out. Just make sure you don't judge Naples on the main road, there's so much more to it beyond! Nice and close to train station which is good.

Great hostel, very clean, great staff and amazing and cheap bar (thx Max). There is also a good and cheap happy hour, party, concert and movie night. The best hostel ever, really.

• 29th Nov 2013