La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

2089 Total Reviews

Best Hostel I have been to in a loooong time. Great people and bar

• 12th Sep 2014

Great socializing space and cooking area. I had a great time here. Even staying longer than expected!

Location was great, Room door was hard to open and close and makes loud noise.

Very pleasend stay. Helpful, laid-back staff. Big courtyard and common hall for free (simple, okay) breakfast and open bar till 11 p.m. Friends of the young bartender hit the "party" every night, so there were more Italiens than guests from the hostel in the evening (off-season in September). Kind of family who works = lives this place. Some metro stations away from the main train station - okay, because not as crwowded as the rest of the city. I would definitily stay there again.

well connected by subway and bus, nice, eficient crew, spotlessly clean, very good breackfast.

Although staff was helpful and room was spacious this was not a very good hostel. Not enough lockers and plugs for everyone in the room, beds were very dirty when we arrived and it was very noisy at night with loud music in the bar/backyard. Breakfast was also poor.

Great hostel. Amazing common garden - wonderful oasis from turbulent Naples. Staff was also great. We'd definitely stay there again. The only bad remark I have is that wifi is not available in the rooms (but I even think that was something temporarily).

Brill hostel, staff lovely and we felt comfortable there throughout our whole stay! Would definitely recommend this hostel! Also very close to metro!

Average breakfast but very nice facilities. Good hang out area and cute garden. Staff was very eager to help and there was delicious free iced tea upon check in :)Only con: no wifi in rooms. I think this is an issue they are dealing with though.

• 30th Aug 2014

Stayed here for one night. Definitely more of a party hostel but I was too jetlagged to enjoy it! Very clean, big rooms. No air conditioning so can get very hot in summer.

Amazing hostel, amazing people, good location. I would stay here again!

Staffs are super nice and I had great time there!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Japan

One of the best hostels that I've stayed! I only went to Naples to go to Pompei and Capri, but, I'll return some other day just for Naples and this hostel. Great atmosphere, Alessandro is really funny and helpful, beautiful garden and ladies there to. If you're going to Naples, don't miss La Controra (but DON'T go to the La Controra at Rome)

Fantastic standard of hostel. Everything clean and modern. The location, once you get your bearings, is easily walkable to the centro storico (Historic Centre - 15 mins). The major plus though, is the awesome vibe - largely to the really welcoming and chilled staff. I was a solo traveller, and the hidden gem of a garden and bar brought everyone together. A quick hello to just a couple of people and everyone was exceptionally friendly. Thanks for making me so relaxed and welcome - meant a lot!

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

A fairly well equipped hostel. Very near to an underground station, which was very useful. Staff were friendly and helpful! A good breakfast was included in the price, too. A few bizarre choices when it comes to facilities though. The shower/bathroom for both men and women had a very open feel, with a single sliding door to each which was always open. Many of the toilet stalls had broken locks and none had seats, and the showers themselves had swinging saloon style doors with no locks at all.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great, sociable hostel. Only downside was the cold showers in one building. Great place to base yourself!

The staff was great, they gave us itineraries and explain everything very carefully to us. The backyard is amazing and they give you toasts and cereal for breakfast. However, on the first night our air conditioner wasn't working, we had to open the windows and there was so much noise from the street we could barely sleep. We changed rooms the second night -with working AC-, but they turned it off early in the morning (it was so hot!) There was no working wifi on the rooms, only in the reception.

Absolutely wonderful people. I had a great stay in Naples, mainly thanks to the staff who made me feel so welcome. Gave me an extensive and detailed map, made me feel very welcome; perfectly gorgeous individuals. Hostel was comfortable and clean, and directions from the station were clear, so managed to find it without difficulty. Thanks for a great stay x

The hostel was really cool and had a great vibe. The location was pretty good too. The wifi was a little slow though.

Room was nice, clean and comfy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very simple but ok. At Night it was a little loud.

• 25th Aug 2014