La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

Had such a good time here! The staff had great advice on what to see, particularly when it was raining. The rooms were clean and beds comfy. Will definitely be back!

• 20th Jan 2015

One of the best hostels I ever stayed You get everything you expect for hostel here. Free break fast is a plus too. What could have been better is that swampy path to the room when raining

Perhaps the best hostel I've ever been to. It's clean, safe and comfortable. The rooms are big, the bathroom and showers are good, the atmosphere is friendly. The breakfast is awesome, and the kitchen makes a big difference if you're trying to save money.

The most friendly atmosphere imaginable! Breakfast is included, beds are comfortable, staff is veeery nice and helpful... I liked fully equiped kitchen and calm grassy courtyard. Exceptional atmosphere, best place for both: fun and relax :)

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Poland

Nice Internet, lounge, atmosphere and facilities.

Pros: Excellent staff. Alexander gave excellent tips and was super accommodating. The lounge had a bar with fair prices the facilities were overall great. A couple nit picks: The showers were not the cleanest and the wifi did not reach my room. Overall good experience.

It was what a hostel should be. The common areas offered a place to meet fellow travelers and the rooms offered a break from the crazy city. The only bummer was that there wasn't phone reception in the common areas and the wifi didn't reach the rooms.

• 1st Jan 2015

The staff is amazing (and very helpful) and I loved the atmosphere in the hostel as well. One of the coolest hostels I've stayed in Italy.

I only really slept there. I was offered breakfast but because of my departure time I had to decline. The room I was in had its own shower. The staff was overly friendly. They made me feel welcomed in a city that I was unfamiliar with.

• 29th Dec 2014

You know naples is a little bit scary i mean atmosphere. But i was relaxed because of this hostel. Good!

The hostel was clean, had good facilities and the staff was very kosledgable and nice. They even organized a program called "adopt a tourist" in which locals would take you around the city, their house, etc for the day. It was a great experience.

Good for the price, only thing was that there was no top sheet and the blankets weren't cleaned between people, also the top sheet was just a nonfitted sheet folded in half and only covering the center part of the mattress so the fitted sheet below this was shared by all who had been in the bed.

I'm not quite sure I understand your feedback Was there or not this top sheet?What does for you mean a top sheet? Let me explain you the system:You have a mattress that has a cover that protects the mattress, then you have two sheets one to cover this cover and another to cover yourself and after you have the blanket. This two are changed after every single person! Please make us a favor, if you aren't sure about something, ask in the reception 1st is ugly in your unawarenes give a feedback

Pretty sure this hostel has it's ratings thanks to the amazing and hard work of the staff working there! Extremely friendly helpful and energetic. The hostel on the other hand lacks toilet seats broken showers broken beds and annoying light sensors which switch off the light before you can reach the door of your room... Yeah this hostel really need some fixing! Wifi doesn't work everywhere rooms lack outlets and I'm sure i can come up with some more issues...

when receptionist asked was everything ok you surely responded: yes;) Did you choose the out of service bed? Out of 70 beds,one was broken and it was unavailable. Toilet seats: No problem, their back there : BIG FIX ;) Broken shower? Really?? One day the shower head felt down and between 11 am and 1PM we changed all to be the same. Lights... Are you afraid of dark? :) . each door has a button for light ENJOY LIFE! IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Such an amazing place, the perfect hostel.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Friendly staff, clean newly renovated rooms and great location near a metro station makes this hostel a great choice for staying in Naples.

• 20th Dec 2014

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at. It's so fun to stay here, the staff are all awesome, good location, and they offer so much! The next time I go to Naples, I will stay at this hostel guaranteed,

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. Very good kitchen. Wifi was really good in the main rooms. Very close to a metro stop. Lockers in the room but not under the bed. Rooms were very spacious.

Very nice hostel with excellent staff (especially Gianmaria), close to the metro station

La Controra was the best decision I made in Napoli, my whole stay was absolutely amazeballs. The staff was welcoming, friendly, knowledgable and Anna seemed to know EVERYTHING. The rest of the staff (Marcos, Gianmaria, and Alessandro, plus others) all seemed to make my stay their priority - world class service making sure everything went great! The hostel is perfectly central to everything, comfortable, clean, has good amentities (the kitchen is sublime) and the free breakfast was delicious!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Really great hostel! A little bit out of the way, but they have pretty good instructions on how to find them. And the staff was excellent, advising me on what to visit on my really short stay in Naples and pointing few good places to eat as well. Thank you!

• 25th Nov 2014