La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

One of, if not THE best hostel I have ever stayed in. Very chill atmosphere, great for meeting people, excellent helpful staff (thanks Alessandro, Marcos, Ana, and others!) who know a ton of great stuff to do in and around Napoli. Location is a few metro stops or 20 min walk from the train station/centro (trust me, you wouldn't want to stay closer) in a less hectic neighborhood. great kitchen. many of the staff call this hostel home too so you know they want to make it the best place possible.

They provide breakfast and if u like to cook, u can cook in their kitchen!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

PROS: The staff is helpful and nice. The breakfast is okay, with a lack of salty things, but it's okay since it's Italy. CONS: The bedroom smells like mold, dirty duvet, bad shower, cockroaches in the toilet and no WiFi signal in the room. Also, you need to wash your dishes after the breakfast. Almost every time I passed by someone from the staff they asked me to review them 100% positive. It is not worth the money. For the same amount I stayed in better hotels in Sorrento and Rome.

This was such an amazing hostel! We loved all the people there, very kind and will help you with all your travels! Breakfast in the morning even had a fruit salad.. A free welcome drink and a great kitchen.. Honestly look no further than here for your stay in Naples :) we wouldn't go anywhere else!

Everything is on the positive side.

This was probably one of the best hostels that I stayed at during my trip in Italy. Everything was really clean, the staff were incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, and they even have a piano, which is really nice if you've been away from home for a while. The only thing that could be improved was the breakfast, but really who can complain about things that are free! I would have liked some fresh bread is all! It was a really homey place, which is what you like when you've been on the road!

Very recommendable! Great people, lots of space, decent kitchen. All in all very professional! Thanks for a great time!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Of all the three hostes we stayed at during our quick trip to Italy, this hostel was easily the best. They had great service at the front desk, an awesome kitchen and bar, and very helpful maps/staff. Thank you for taking care of us!

• 1st Nov 2014

The staff is amazing and they give you a lot of tips of where to go. They are simply great keep it going guys! You have free breakfast and if you buy a beer at the bar you can have free pasta, that was a super plus if you don't feel like cooking at night. But if you do they have everything in the kitchen. Also is walking distance from all the main attractions in the city and the metro. One of the best hostels I've been, I had to extend for a few more days.

Lots of upsides to this hostel but my stay was ruined by BED BUGS. Woke up at 5AM and went to the WC to find one crawling on my forearm. Immediately grabbed my belongings and went to the "24 hour reception" (guy sleeping on a couch) who suggested I go back to bed and change rooms in the morning. Uh no. Then he tried to tell me it was a mosquito. 24hrs later and I had 20+ dime sized red welts all over my body. Next morning they were booking new arrivals in the same room. Disgusting & deplorable.

Staff are helpful and cool to chill with. Nice big outdoor area and bar. Perfect place to come back to after a hectic day in the city.

• 19th Oct 2014

Wow this hostel was hands down best hostel ever. The set up is perfect with the outdoor hang out area and the bar. Shout out to the awesome volunteers: Alexis (she was especially great), the Argentinian boys, cole, Rachel (super cute bartender) and that kid kris. You guys made my time there above and beyond. Stay awesome la controra ;)

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

We really enjoyed our short stay in Naples. The atmospehre at La Controra is really nice. The terrace, the bar, the kitchen and of course the stuff! They are really helpful, friendly and open-minded. So you won`t feel alone. There are always kind people around you. The room was ok. We only missed a little light near the beds, because we didn`t want to wake up our roommates ;) Basically we just had a really good time there and hope to come back one day. Thanx guys and girls!

Very helpful and friendly staff that were quick to show us the best places to go around town and how to get to our next stop. Our room and the common areas were all kept clean. And for socializing, there's a bar in the hostel! Terrific place; I highly recommend it.

Great hostel to stay at, friendly and helpful staff!

it's like an oasis in the middle of the city, very good job!

• 17th Oct 2014

Excellent Place. My boyfriend and me had a private room in a beatificaful balcony di front of this big ancient garden. We liked to much. Thanks to controra team was a nice day for us.

Hello there! We're happy yo hear that you enjoyed the balcony garden view! It is really important for us that people that appreciate our work spread the word and leave a comment online! Maybe see you another time!

Very good hostel and easy to get to. Staff is very friendly, especially the amazing Alessandro who will give you great fashion advice.

Me and my friends had an amazing stay.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for not forgeting the importance of your review! It was nice meeting you!

Loved my time here and staff were incredible! Only down fall was on my lever bathroom wasn't cleaned for 2 days. Loved the courtyard, happy and friendly vibe and even the out door cinema Will be back 😊

Thank you so much for your comment! Your opinion matters! You are right that should be cleaned each day, those are our standards! Promise for the next time you pass ! Cheers!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7