La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

2054 Total Reviews

Room was nice, clean and comfy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very simple but ok. At Night it was a little loud.

• 25th Aug 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at La Controra. The room was nice and clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Good atmosphere especially in the evenings, but nothing too noisy if you want to sleep early. Location is perfect, a little out of the centre which turned out to be really nice after a long day in the chaos of Naples. Easy to reach by metro anyway. Breakfast was very plain though, just cornflakes and toast and horrible coffee. The patio then again was great!

Very good hostel in a quiet backyard. The bar and terrace are great and the staff is very kind and provide useful advice! The large rooms (with air co) are also appreciable. Only the bathroom, shower toilets cabins, are a little too small and not very convenient.

• 21st Aug 2014

Quiet far from the centre. Not enough lockers in the dorm and a standard lock would not fit. Ladies showers could use mirrors. Near the sink a hook for a towel would be nice. Make sure you have you're on toiletpaper because they run out quickly! kitchen and garden are nice though.

Perfect hostel experience. Not too big. Which means easier to meet other travellers.Clean, cheap and super friendly staff. Especially Marc, Dave, Alessandro and Richard. Always up for a night out! Loved it!

One of my favorite hostel i ever been. And I have seen places. Very friendly staff. Exceptionnal atmosphère and facilities. I spent a fantastic night in La Controra. The only downside is the location : it's near a metro station , but the metro at Naples is the worst ^^ . Be ready for climbing :p

• 18th Aug 2014

One of the beds in our room was not done up properly and squeaked all night every time my son moved. I complained in the morning, the person behind the desk, who couldn't understand what the problem was and said I had to wait until the manager arrived at work. She was half an hour late. She assured me it would be resolved. By the evening, nothing had been done. I had to complain again, only then did they provide a replacement bed. The hostel itself was near a busy road, breakfast was ok

Felt very welcomed here, staff were great, and there was a great atmosphere around the bar/ outdoor area. Free breakfast was delicious as well! Unfortunately our booking was messed up in that they had overbooked and so our party could not all stay in the same dorm, which was a shame. Another thing to improve on is to let people know that you have a carpark, as we spent a lot of time trying to find parking near by.

Breakfast was the worst I've had at any hostel so far. Warm milk for cereal? With a little bit of toast? Disgusting considering there is no other cafes nearby that offer breakfast.

• 15th Aug 2014

Just a lovely hotel! You easily get in touch with young boys and girls from everywhere. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help you.

• 14th Aug 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay here. Clean, friendly helpful staff that go out of their way to help you, great atmosphere and perfect location. A great vaue for money! I highly recommend a stay if you are Naples. Definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed in during my travels.

• 13th Aug 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location. A relaxed place in the day time, there's a fun atmosphere in the evenings in the garden and at the in-house bar.

• 12th Aug 2014

The best Hostel in Naples for sure! The staff is amazing and the facilities of the Hostel are really good. Great atmosphere, I wish I could stay more days there

Great hostel and staff were lovely and very keen to help.

Facilities are good, room is clean, love the air con!

Great hostel! One of the best I've ever been. Amazing atmosphere and staff.

You need to catch metro to get to city, I don't mind this and it's only a couple of stops. Wifi does not work in the rooms, only common areas. Room cleaned everyday. I got upset one night because my bed had been remade by the cleaners (make sure you leave something on your bed) and someone else had taken it...it wasn't a big deal but I was tired and grumpy already. The staff were so good about it and I felt bad afterwards getting so worked up! Bar is cheap. Overall a lovely place to stay.

Great hostel! Easy to catch the train from Naples to Sorrento or Pompei and the staff at reception were so lovely and helpful!

I highly recommend la controra, it was a great place to stay in Naples and I met some really nice people

• 5th Aug 2014

We enjoyed our stay there. There´s a backyard and a bar inside the hostel where you can meet new people. It is like half a block away from a metro station and from a grocery store. They have a washing machine wich I used for only 4 euros. They also have a kitchen that we actually used and a vending machine. All the staff at the front desk and the bar was super friendly. We stayed in a double bed room with a bathroom and it was well sized, I would probably just add a light for the shower

• 4th Aug 2014