La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

2098 Total Reviews

Big, white.

An excellent hostel right near a metro station. The receptionist was very helpful and had lots of advice on things to do. We ended up extending our stay! Very good vibe as well!

Best Hostel I have been to in a loooong time. Great people and bar

• 12th Sep 2014

Great socializing space and cooking area. I had a great time here. Even staying longer than expected!

Location was great, Room door was hard to open and close and makes loud noise.

Best night in Naples! Hipster hotel, lot's of nice and helpful people, "Berlin" style music in the lobby, great, quiet patio and the hugest pot of chocolate I've seen so far at a breakfast buffet. Could be a bit more central, but it's still possible to walk to the old town. thanks for the night!

• 10th Sep 2014

Great hostel! There was a bar and outdoor movies, hang out area is in a coutyard that is gated so nice and safe. The staff was super nice and extremely helpful and even helped change our trip up telling us fun things to do around Italy. Would recommend to anyone looking to meet other travelers. It can be a little noisy at night with the coutyard but didn't bother me much. No WiFi in rooms :(

Very pleasend stay. Helpful, laid-back staff. Big courtyard and common hall for free (simple, okay) breakfast and open bar till 11 p.m. Friends of the young bartender hit the "party" every night, so there were more Italiens than guests from the hostel in the evening (off-season in September). Kind of family who works = lives this place. Some metro stations away from the main train station - okay, because not as crwowded as the rest of the city. I would definitily stay there again.

well connected by subway and bus, nice, eficient crew, spotlessly clean, very good breackfast.

Great place, great staff, the garden and common rooms are nice to relax after a day in Naples.

Beautiful place. Friendly people. Very Clean.

• 4th Sep 2014

Although staff was helpful and room was spacious this was not a very good hostel. Not enough lockers and plugs for everyone in the room, beds were very dirty when we arrived and it was very noisy at night with loud music in the bar/backyard. Breakfast was also poor.

Great hostel. Amazing common garden - wonderful oasis from turbulent Naples. Staff was also great. We'd definitely stay there again. The only bad remark I have is that wifi is not available in the rooms (but I even think that was something temporarily).

Brill hostel, staff lovely and we felt comfortable there throughout our whole stay! Would definitely recommend this hostel! Also very close to metro!

Average breakfast but very nice facilities. Good hang out area and cute garden. Staff was very eager to help and there was delicious free iced tea upon check in :)Only con: no wifi in rooms. I think this is an issue they are dealing with though.

• 30th Aug 2014

Stayed here for one night. Definitely more of a party hostel but I was too jetlagged to enjoy it! Very clean, big rooms. No air conditioning so can get very hot in summer.

Amazing hostel, amazing people, good location. I would stay here again!

Staffs are super nice and I had great time there!

One of the best hostels that I've stayed! I only went to Naples to go to Pompei and Capri, but, I'll return some other day just for Naples and this hostel. Great atmosphere, Alessandro is really funny and helpful, beautiful garden and ladies there to. If you're going to Naples, don't miss La Controra (but DON'T go to the La Controra at Rome)

Fantastic standard of hostel. Everything clean and modern. The location, once you get your bearings, is easily walkable to the centro storico (Historic Centre - 15 mins). The major plus though, is the awesome vibe - largely to the really welcoming and chilled staff. I was a solo traveller, and the hidden gem of a garden and bar brought everyone together. A quick hello to just a couple of people and everyone was exceptionally friendly. Thanks for making me so relaxed and welcome - meant a lot!

• 28th Aug 2014