La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

Great place, unfortunately not many others while I was there. But had a whole 6 bedroom room to myself

Location issues aside (i.e it is quite far away and hidden of the road) it's by far the best hostel I've been in. Best staff, more than adequate facilities and an environment that caters for whatever kind of accommodation you're after.

Nice hostel ... very friendly hostel team ... a historic and feeric place like Napoli ...

It was a little difficult finding the hostel from the subway station. That combined with the fact that it was late and the location isn't the safest, I was a little exhausted when I finally found it after direction from an old Italian man and then a young outgoing little Italian girl. To be honest, it was a little weird when I came in and everyone was doing their own thing on their own screen. I also heard that I had just missed movie night and I was unfortunately only there for one night.

• 18th Apr 2015

Friendly and welcoming staff!

The hostel is very well located, I could walk everywhere I wanted. My room was super cool, good bed! I had an amazing time, thanks for all the tips you gave me :)

No wifi in the rooms yet (they were installing it as we left), but very good wifi in the common areas.

I really enjoyed my stay at La Controra. The hostel is clean and has a nice atmosphere. Furthermore, the staff is quite friendly and they are always glad to help you in your needs. Definitely it's a great option in Naples.

The hostel had very friendly staff! Unfortunately the place wasn't great. WiFi only at reception, far away from major attractions and in a sketchy environment. As a solo female traveller, I didn't feel safe walking around at night, and most of the people I met agreed.

Had a good time at this hostel, the staff are very helpful and fun to be around. The beers are cheap at the hostel bar, so that was good.

We had a great time here. We were in a shared room which had lots of space with a very clean shared bathroom. The staff knew a lot about naples and we able to make some great recommendations. The breakfast was good, it was nice to have fruit salad. The bar and kitchen looked good. Only downside was a few guests arriving in the middle of the night. Otherwise we really enjoyed our stay.

Very good hostel and relatively close to the centre of Naples. The staff were very helpful and welcoming and the communal area was a nice place to meet other people. Only issue was the men's bathroom as the communal showers and toilet's were in the same room, and the male traveller in our group felt that more privacy was needed.

Nice staff and pretty garden area, didn't like Naples but this hostel was a better part of it

really cool atmosphere and would.be perfect for solo travellers. Overall no major problems, only thing being that my mattress had stray hairs on when we arrived and my friend's sheets had blood stains. however, I didn't complain and just removed the hairs; had I complained I'm sure the staff would have sorted it out. really helpful receptionists! thanks for all the info. good value for money.

Great hostel. Very clean. The staff is very warm and approachable. Very good security. 24/7 reception to let you in the gate then you need a room key card to get into your room.

Overall, a pretty nice hostel. I had fantastic roommates, and didn't spend much time in the room as a result. The staff was relatively enthusiastic, and the rooms were clean. The bar was more expensive than I've seen at other hostels, though. The lockers in the room - all two of them for a six bed room - were absolutely pathetic. One fell apart when we tried to put a bag inside, and the other didn't give much piece of mind. I encourage the staff to pick up on little details like this.

Nice and clean, quiet but friendly atmosphere, helpful staff

Nice place, very kind staff, Great ambiance...we really love be guest here!!! 100 % recommended

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Colombia

My two friends and I had an amazing time in Naples and I think a big part of it was the amazing staff at La Controra. The bedroom was very spacious, the bathroom felt clean, and the common area with the bar had awesome vibes. There was also free breakfast each morning. The only thing was that you have to bring your own padlock to lock your locker. Alessandro was super friendly and we would love to come back and visit again!

One of the best hostels that I have ever stayed in. Upon arrival, the reception sat me down and helped point out everything of note in the city on a map. On top of that, they even mapped out cost-friendly itineraries for me to take day trips out to Pompeii and Vesuvius as well as Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. They were extremely insightful and made my time in the city so much better than I had imagined it to be. (P.S. They're also up for drinking Limoncello with you if you offer it to them).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4