La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

Nice place but a little tucked away from most sites in Naples. I mainly booked this for the air con as I was only staying one night, however they turn it off during the night! So sharing a room with 10 people becomes unbearable when it's still 25 degrees outside. I mentioned this to staff when I checked out very early at 6am as the whole building was stuffy and they turned it back on. Tidy clean dorms but no privacy/anywhere to change in bathrooms + cold showers, broken locks.

I really enjoyed my staying at the hostel. The staff was so nice because they are so funny! I liked the room because it was so big and clean. The breakfast was amazing. I really recommend it!!!

Great atmosphere, great staff -- especially Alessandro ;) -- , lively bar with cheap drinks, good location near metro, comfortable beds, great breakfast.

Truly lovely staff and spacious, clean rooms. A delightful hostel.

• 25th Aug 2015

The hostel was beautiful and the staff were amazing! Enjoyed having such big, bright dorm rooms with very large lockers, easy-to-use key cards and plenty of outlets. The breakfasts were decent and the courtyard was very pretty. I would also like to say grazie mille to Alessandro per tutto il suo aiuto e il suo sorriso bello ;)

Everyone was SO friendly here. I only stayed one night but had a fantastic time in Naples--better than I ever expected! The staff is very friendly and full of information about what to do in the area. You even get a free drink when you arrive and a super affordable happy hour with food.

• 20th Aug 2015

The showers are really dirty and the Hot water only works for like 3 minutes.

• 20th Aug 2015

Staff was great, special thanks to Roberta and Jonathan. The atmosphere in the garden during the evenings was also pretty nice, great to meet people! 4 bed dorm was good, big enough and confortable. Shower was bad, very small and not enough pressure. The rented towel was bad too, looked like a linen and had holes in it. I was really disapointed because I got to The breakfast 10 minutes before it was supposed to end and there was nothing! Not one bread, not even coffee. Being too cheap!

Thank you for your review. The towel indeed was thin,it is called a Waffle Weave Towel,not "towel with holes",you could have given it back even used and we would return you back the money if you consider that it didn't dry enough. I'm sorry about the water, probably you took a shower when everybody else did. Regarding the breakfast...Are you sure it wasn't 10.10?! :) I'm sure even if it was 10.10, if you express the intention of taking the breakfast somebody would bring you more..

Great hostel. Loved the atmosphere, big, spacious rooms with clean bathrooms. Loved the separate toilet and shower. Breakfast included is always a bonus. People working reception are INCREDIBLE. They take the time to learn your name and show you a map and exactly what to see! Very nice and helpful.

Stayed two nights. Amazing hostel. Friendly and helpful staff, clean, big rooms. Full kitchen and a short walk to the metro station. Really enjoyed my stay.

Great hostel! Really good value for all you get. It's really not hard to find- the directions are spot on.

We were so lucky too stay at this hostel! The rooms were nice and everybody was kind. The age averige was a bit above ours but still we felt so comfortable! We think its awesome that such a good breakfast is included for free and that you could even cook on your own! The location is very good as well and the hostel is easy too reach it you come by train.

• 18th Aug 2015

Best hostel we'd stayed at in Italy! If I had return to Naples, I would definitely come back again.

Very nice and clean hostel and the staff even nicer! The hostel is at a 10-minute-walk from the city center, is calm and safe with a private parking available.

This hostel has a fun atmosphere and is definitely trying to be that "cool youth hostel" for 20-something travelers. I didn't much enjoy sharing a room with 5 other strangers (and at least 1 snorer), but I got what I paid for. Besides the overcrowding, the rooms are spacious and bathroom/shower are clean. The location is not bad, easy to get to downtown by either walking or taking the metro. Overall I enjoyed the visit but don't know that I will stay here again.

Thank you for your review, but I'm not sure if I can take it as a feedback for us or for yourself... You are not sure if you'd stay in OUR hostel.. or in a hostel IN GENERAL? Because you chooosed the type of room for yourself and you knew for sure that you'll gonna be sharing the room with 5 other people... I'm sorry about the snorer, maybe we should include in the reservation a question like "Hey,do you snore?" . why OVERCROWDING? The rooms are spacious, with the no. of ppl you choosed.

The minute we walked in we knew we had come to a good hostel. The staff were friendly and provided lots of local information. There was an outdoor area where we chatted to other travellers in the evening. The rooms were spacious and air conditioned and plenty of bathrooms for everyone. We only stayed one night but would have liked to stay longer :) highly recommend.

Helpful and friendly staff. Really wonderful atmosphere. Clean facilities. Instructions on how to get to the hostel are spot on which is always a relief! Easily accessible to major attractions, metro and ferries. Thank you!!

Overall amazing hostel! Clean, great staff, great atmosphere, air con, good breakfast and nice facilities!

The place was a little hard to find but once we found it the staff were really nice and friendly! They do a €3 dinner most nights which is awesome! The atmosphere there is great good to meet new people! Wifi was fast and available in the rooms but the location was a little far out and in a bit of a dodgey area, in fact all of Naples is dodgey! They also have a spotify set up at the main bar where you can pick your own music and kick back and relax!

Such a great experience staying at this hostel. The staff were friendly, energetic and very helpful. The atmosphere was amazing and it was so easy to meet new people and socialise. It was also very well located, only a short walk to the historic area and the staff were always willing to give tips and advice on what to see and do in Naples.

• 9th Aug 2015