La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

1991 Total Reviews

We stayed at La Controra twice within one week and we were very satisfied with our decision. The staff at the reception was very welcoming and cooperative. The atmosphere is excellent, you'll meet a lot of people from around the world. The rooms were very clean and air conditioned, which believe me matters a lot in summers. I stongly recommend this hostel to any one visiting Napoli. P.S. : Hostel is very close to the metro station, so it's very easy to commute in the city.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • India

their back yeard was really nice.

The hostel was really well equipped with a great kitchen, common area and court yard. Lots of showers and great roommates. Our room was on the street side so it was really noisy at night, all night so maybe ask for a room towards the courtyard. The train situation to Pompeii wasn't the greatest and Naples as a city we didn't really enjoy as it was dirty. Some staff were helpful but some didn't have any idea.

I booked this hostel based on its high rating. My stay was fine but didn't find it better than other hostels I stayed during the trip. It's just a typical hostel, nothing too special about it. It is within walking distance to historical center but part of the walk was through an extremely dirty and weird street. I don't know if garbage workers were on strike but the sidewalk was full of garbage. So I decided to take the taxi back instead of walking as the metro close at like 10 or 11 pm.

I'm sorry to hear that you saw Naples as a dirty city, but frankly speaking I do not understand what has to do with our hostel. Hostelworld's rating is divided in two parts: hostel rating & city rating. So .... I'm sorry about not seeing the specialty about our hostel...

Lovely hostel, well stocked kitchen, large rooms and very clean facilities. Staff were extremely helpful - brilliant hostel. Location was good also, very quick metro ride to the main station.

Great directions are given to the hostel. The front gate is secure (you have to be buzzed in). Shared bathrooms and shower rooms, but clean. The staff is really great here. Very friendly. The rooms are spacious and the common areas have a great vibe. Free breakfast: cereal and toast, but hey, it's free. The only downside was moving rooms each night because of booking issues. Overall, a great hostel.

The staff were generally very helpful with recommendations and directions, the courtyard was great to relax in, and the vibe of the hostel was fairly social. However, the air conditioner and wifi in our rooms worked only intermittently even though we reported it to reception, and the bathrooms, while split into male and female, had showers with see-through doors. It was also pretty noisy as our door faced the road. Not bad value for money on the whole, and our stay here was pleasant.

Amazing people, especially the receptionist she was really, really helpful. Easy to find using the instructions too. The free ice tea was much appreciated when we arrived!

• 15th Jul 2014

It was an excellent stay, a big thank you to all the hosts.

It was a good place to stay, and all I needed things were there.

Rhiannon is a reception goddess. Made my stay and I would definitely come back. 11/10

• 13th Jul 2014

+: -Great atmosphere! I felt very relaxed here and loved to spend the evening/night -The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were always around which was great. -The rooms where big and comfortable -The location was easy to reach and it's simple to get to other places from there. It had a supermarket nearby. -Noisy beds,doors -Lockers didn't come with a key -Bathroom had awkward changing area -Rooms were very stuffy Nevertheless I would recommend this hostel to other people!

My first time traveling solo and the staff were just splendid. It was everything i couldve asked for in a hostel. Just a tad less reggae in the bar next time.

• 9th Jul 2014

I would 100% come back to stay here again. One of the best hostels ever, friendly and helpful staff, rooms were perfect, the garden was beautiful where you could just sit down and chill outside, there's a bar and I liked the atmosphere during day and night in this hostel.

The best hostrl i stay. Napoles is la controra hostel. If a bit a way of center but un 10 min walk you are un.

The staff were friendly, the location was pretty good, and the garden patio was extremely nice!

Great hostel, wifi is excellent in the main area although a little hit and miss in the dorms. Kitchen could do with being a little bigger but the bar and courtyard area are great for being social, the atmosphere is very relaxed and this hostel is perfect for linking up to the metro in order to catch the train toward sorrento and Pompeii. However the greatest quality of the hostel was the friendliness of the staff and the efficiency to which the hostel is run, it makes for a very easy going stay.

Very nice hostel, nice common areas and beautiful spacious rooms with air conditioning. A bit far from everything though, if I would go back to Naples I'd rather stay in the historic centre, especially because Naples is not the safest place which limited me because I was traveling alone as a girl. Also, trains/subway in Naples aren't as good as in some other big cities. Maybe it was bad luck but I always had to wait at least 10-20 minutes for a train. No lockers in rooms.

We didnt have hot water for the first few nights and the AC didnt work at all. It was loud because our room was above the bar which made it hard to sleep. Also upon arrival we found a cockroachh in the washroom. The staff were nice and the value for money was decent. Easy to catch the subway wherever you wanted to go!

My friend,sorry about the hot water.If you would have announced us we would have solved it immediately!Regarding the AC you had the manual ON/OFF button from inside!You just need to ask. I'm sorry about the bar, but I must somehow underline the fact that the bar is opened until 00.00 and this is a hostel for young people full of energy! I'm sorry about the cockroach but Naples in this period is full of it this period, somehow must have entered, but this doesn't mean we don't clean!

Brilliant hostel, the staff are so welcoming and helpful and the facilities are top notch. Although the "welcome drink" was a bit disappointing, the bar area is a great place to meet fellow travellers and chill out. We were only in Naples for two nights but were able to make the most of it thanks to some helpful tips on where to go. The advice to head to Gino Sorbillo's pizzeria was inspired. One thing, consider not staying here if you can't sleep with road noise!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5