La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

Lots of upsides to this hostel but my stay was ruined by BED BUGS. Woke up at 5AM and went to the WC to find one crawling on my forearm. Immediately grabbed my belongings and went to the "24 hour reception" (guy sleeping on a couch) who suggested I go back to bed and change rooms in the morning. Uh no. Then he tried to tell me it was a mosquito. 24hrs later and I had 20+ dime sized red welts all over my body. Next morning they were booking new arrivals in the same room. Disgusting & deplorable.

Staff are helpful and cool to chill with. Nice big outdoor area and bar. Perfect place to come back to after a hectic day in the city.

• 19th Oct 2014

Wow this hostel was hands down best hostel ever. The set up is perfect with the outdoor hang out area and the bar. Shout out to the awesome volunteers: Alexis (she was especially great), the Argentinian boys, cole, Rachel (super cute bartender) and that kid kris. You guys made my time there above and beyond. Stay awesome la controra ;)

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

We really enjoyed our short stay in Naples. The atmospehre at La Controra is really nice. The terrace, the bar, the kitchen and of course the stuff! They are really helpful, friendly and open-minded. So you won`t feel alone. There are always kind people around you. The room was ok. We only missed a little light near the beds, because we didn`t want to wake up our roommates ;) Basically we just had a really good time there and hope to come back one day. Thanx guys and girls!

Very helpful and friendly staff that were quick to show us the best places to go around town and how to get to our next stop. Our room and the common areas were all kept clean. And for socializing, there's a bar in the hostel! Terrific place; I highly recommend it.

it's like an oasis in the middle of the city, very good job!

• 17th Oct 2014

Excellent Place. My boyfriend and me had a private room in a beatificaful balcony di front of this big ancient garden. We liked to much. Thanks to controra team was a nice day for us.

Hello there! We're happy yo hear that you enjoyed the balcony garden view! It is really important for us that people that appreciate our work spread the word and leave a comment online! Maybe see you another time!

Very good hostel and easy to get to. Staff is very friendly, especially the amazing Alessandro who will give you great fashion advice.

Me and my friends had an amazing stay.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for not forgeting the importance of your review! It was nice meeting you!

Loved my time here and staff were incredible! Only down fall was on my lever bathroom wasn't cleaned for 2 days. Loved the courtyard, happy and friendly vibe and even the out door cinema Will be back 😊

Thank you so much for your comment! Your opinion matters! You are right that should be cleaned each day, those are our standards! Promise for the next time you pass ! Cheers!

Reception is amazing, so helpful!

Not normally fond of hostels where you can't tell who's staff and who's a guest but these guys were awesome. No complaints, would definitely recommend staying here :)

We're a BIG family, aren't we?! :) We're glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for remembering the importance of your opinion to us!

Probably the best hostel I've been to. The staff are really welcoming and helpful, especially when you check in. They give you a map and insights on attractions, restaurants, and tours. The venue itself is neat and clean. Has many areas to comfortably hang out and meet other travelers. It's facilities are great too. The overall, atmosphere was really chill and good vibes all over.

We are thankful for remembering the importance of describing your exprience at La Controra! Your recommendation for us is really important!

I loved my time on controra, specially for the staff!! They really welcoming and friendly, definitely they made my trip even better ! Everything is clean. They have a good lounge bar downstairs, where it s possible to enjoy good music and meet new friends.

Had an awesome time at la controra! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Everyone's very friendly and willing to help, the hostel is spacious/chilled out, and the location is perfect for seeing Naples. Definitely would come back

HANDS DOWN THE BEST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT. Not only are all of the facilities super clean and just rad in general (super cool lounge/bar area, outdoor patio AND A HAMMOCK, and a massive full kitchen) the staff is so cool and mega helpful. SHOUT OUT TO THE HOMIE MARC REBEL PANDAFF FOR LIFE! Its also so easy to meet people here, theres always events to get guests to mingle, party, etc.

Weird location, not very close to anything except a Metro stop up the hill. Has a full bar, but it isn't staffed and nobody is ever there to socialize with. Free breakfast w/ cereal, bread, coffee, etc which was nice to have. Staff helpful at check-in.

Absolutely the best place in Italy. Napoli and La controra surprises you with the most welcoming energy ever. Staff over qualified they can give you a full advice to where you go, better than any tourist guide also they speaks more than 5 languages! The Hostel have a pub that make a good interaction between Locals and Costumer, and its just great if you really want a proper Italian experience. Absolutely clean and organized. The only negative point is that I couldn't live there for ever :(

• 1st Oct 2014
  • edsonrslima6747

Probably the best hostel in Napoli. The staff is awesome, it's close to a metro station, got a big garden and everything you could wish for in a hostel. Would definitely staying there again.

The hostel itself isn't bad, but there are some flaws that I couldn't get past during my stay there: -the location is at least a 20 minute walk, uphill, from the town centre or you have to take a bus/metro -had to fit my own sheets on the bed, which I think is poor for €20/night. -the bathrooms have shower cubicles with no room for clothes/personal belongings, and the water pressure was little more than a trickle Overall I wouldn't recommend this hostel

Thank you for your review.I'll need to stress though: the His Center is 10-15 min by walk,if you didn't get lost & there are also shorcuts...We DO provide sheets, at the check-in mention take a bed with NEW SHEETS on it ( probably we weren't full so there were some empty beds).You could have asked,that is why we provide a 24/7 reception. Regerding the showers... usually people need in the shower soap and towel. in the immediate space of it you had plenty of space to leave the extra stuff.Sorry

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7