La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

1974 Total Reviews

I booked this hostel based on its high rating. My stay was fine but didn't find it better than other hostels I stayed during the trip. It's just a typical hostel, nothing too special about it. It is within walking distance to historical center but part of the walk was through an extremely dirty and weird street. I don't know if garbage workers were on strike but the sidewalk was full of garbage. So I decided to take the taxi back instead of walking as the metro close at like 10 or 11 pm.

Amazing people, especially the receptionist she was really, really helpful. Easy to find using the instructions too. The free ice tea was much appreciated when we arrived!

• 15th Jul 2014

Rhiannon is a reception goddess. Made my stay and I would definitely come back. 11/10

• 13th Jul 2014

+: -Great atmosphere! I felt very relaxed here and loved to spend the evening/night -The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were always around which was great. -The rooms where big and comfortable -The location was easy to reach and it's simple to get to other places from there. It had a supermarket nearby. -Noisy beds,doors -Lockers didn't come with a key -Bathroom had awkward changing area -Rooms were very stuffy Nevertheless I would recommend this hostel to other people!

My first time traveling solo and the staff were just splendid. It was everything i couldve asked for in a hostel. Just a tad less reggae in the bar next time.

• 9th Jul 2014

I would 100% come back to stay here again. One of the best hostels ever, friendly and helpful staff, rooms were perfect, the garden was beautiful where you could just sit down and chill outside, there's a bar and I liked the atmosphere during day and night in this hostel.

The best hostrl i stay. Napoles is la controra hostel. If a bit a way of center but un 10 min walk you are un.

The staff were friendly, the location was pretty good, and the garden patio was extremely nice!

Great hostel, wifi is excellent in the main area although a little hit and miss in the dorms. Kitchen could do with being a little bigger but the bar and courtyard area are great for being social, the atmosphere is very relaxed and this hostel is perfect for linking up to the metro in order to catch the train toward sorrento and Pompeii. However the greatest quality of the hostel was the friendliness of the staff and the efficiency to which the hostel is run, it makes for a very easy going stay.

Very nice hostel, nice common areas and beautiful spacious rooms with air conditioning. A bit far from everything though, if I would go back to Naples I'd rather stay in the historic centre, especially because Naples is not the safest place which limited me because I was traveling alone as a girl. Also, trains/subway in Naples aren't as good as in some other big cities. Maybe it was bad luck but I always had to wait at least 10-20 minutes for a train. No lockers in rooms.

We didnt have hot water for the first few nights and the AC didnt work at all. It was loud because our room was above the bar which made it hard to sleep. Also upon arrival we found a cockroachh in the washroom. The staff were nice and the value for money was decent. Easy to catch the subway wherever you wanted to go!

Brilliant hostel, the staff are so welcoming and helpful and the facilities are top notch. Although the "welcome drink" was a bit disappointing, the bar area is a great place to meet fellow travellers and chill out. We were only in Naples for two nights but were able to make the most of it thanks to some helpful tips on where to go. The advice to head to Gino Sorbillo's pizzeria was inspired. One thing, consider not staying here if you can't sleep with road noise!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Clean and friendly hostel in a beautiful area of Naples.

One of the best hostels i have ever been. congrats

One of the better hostels I have stayed at. The garden is perfection and the rooms and bathrooms are clean. Conveniently located close to the metro station however a bit of walk to the centre. You are however in Europe so get use to walking!

Pretty good for a hostel. Safe. Clean. Close to metro. Wasn't a huge fan of Naples. Rome and Florence much more enjoyable.

• 27th Jun 2014

I have lived in Naples years ago but have always found it difficult to recommend a place to stay for my international friends: now I've found one! La controra is a great place, clean, hospitable, with helpful and competent staff, good location next to a metro station and close to the historical center = walking distance from many touristic spots + cool areas for going out in the evenings.

Very nice staff, good facilities

I felt completely secure here. It was surprising at first, since it was in the middle of nowhere. But excellent location & very friendly staffs! definitely recommend.

The hostel is great. THe bar is cool. The small garden cools up the temperature. The room was clean and good sized.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5