La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

The hostel is on the mountain - to walk to it is always difficult to

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Russia

Most of the people hanging around in the common areas are staff. They are all nice people but you can never tell who is working and who to ask if you need anything. No other complaints, nice hostel for the price.

Very good staff !

The staff here are fantastic! They gave amazing suggestions and made Naples an amazing place. Thanks a lot!

This hostel has the BEST atmosphere. Staff were incredible. Reception staff were remarkable, always welcoming, helpful and friendly. Would definitely go again. No hostel I have been to since has been able to live up to the family feeling I received there. Location is just slightly out but the Metro is a few minute walk away that takes you everywhere. I stayed in a big dorm so bathrooms/showers were communal and not that great but it was so lovely I will 100% be revisiting. Xx

• 16th Jan 2016

Very good hostel!

Wonderful hostel, friendly staff and a friendly environment. Could not have been happier with my choice to stay at La Controra!

• 11th Jan 2016

Very nice welcoming hostel, no complaints

The hostel was great, and the staff was wonderful. Had a great stay in Napoli!

• 8th Jan 2016

One of the worst hostels I have every been. Totally unprepared staff (with the exception of the front-desk people): they leave the bar alone to smoke or chat; make huge noise (in the rooms, inclusive)...No lookers in the room; the most expensive key-deposit I have seen; three-toilets in the floor: two with broken doors - one was left extremely dirt for 3 whole days; a very, very thin mattress; hard to find; rooms too way cold or warm. Don't recommend. value for money doesn't worth!!

Once upon at time this place would have been really tidy but its been let go. A bit and the set up is really good but the other people were slobs and the kitchen was a mess all the time but really good place and would be good in summer I think.

The staff were absolutely amazing! My friends and I had a great time at Controra. I would definitely recommend it.

Really lovely staff, made my new years eve unforgettable!

• 31st Dec 2015

Most other staffs are pretty fun and nice, however, I have to say EXCEPT ONE. The night shift Indian/Pakistan-ish reception staff was quite racist. Nonetheless, this hostel 's area is quite safe. I still like it.

The hostel is not located in the city center / Centro Storico, but within 7 mins walk from the nearest metro station. My room was spacious, clean, equipped with ensuite bathroom and small balcony. They serve you welcome drink! The staffs were super fun and helpful, so it's kinda nice. They have a wonderful inner-court, I bet it would be lovely during summer!!

I was there for the new year and the atmosphere was great!! When I arrived back at the hostel in the night people were still up bringing in the new year. If I wanted to sleep, my room was far from the noise. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It is in a good location and I couldn't have asked for a better stay. One thing: the shower didn't work in the morning.

We're totally impressed by the friendliness and enthusiasm of the hostel staff. They recommended us about things to do, to eat in Naples. Just follow receptionist's guidance and you're fine.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Vietnam

The good review is based on potential. During my stay it was me and a lot of staff, however during the peak season this would be a magnificent place. I would (read: will) return here in the summer...

Awesome hostel, massively enhances Naples experience

From moment I walked in the hostel I felt comfortable and at home. Staff were very friendly and helpful with sights and food recommendations, as well as the best ways to get to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Rome, etc. Great bar area to meet people, breakfast was delicious, and the beds super comfy!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7