La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. Very good kitchen. Wifi was really good in the main rooms. Very close to a metro stop. Lockers in the room but not under the bed. Rooms were very spacious.

Very nice hostel with excellent staff (especially Gianmaria), close to the metro station

La Controra was the best decision I made in Napoli, my whole stay was absolutely amazeballs. The staff was welcoming, friendly, knowledgable and Anna seemed to know EVERYTHING. The rest of the staff (Marcos, Gianmaria, and Alessandro, plus others) all seemed to make my stay their priority - world class service making sure everything went great! The hostel is perfectly central to everything, comfortable, clean, has good amentities (the kitchen is sublime) and the free breakfast was delicious!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Really great hostel! A little bit out of the way, but they have pretty good instructions on how to find them. And the staff was excellent, advising me on what to visit on my really short stay in Naples and pointing few good places to eat as well. Thank you!

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Staff is amazing !!! Felt like home ... Super breakfast include in the price. Great kitchen, giant movie screen and a lot of movies available at the reception. The best ambiance I've seen in an hostel so far

One of, if not THE best hostel I have ever stayed in. Very chill atmosphere, great for meeting people, excellent helpful staff (thanks Alessandro, Marcos, Ana, and others!) who know a ton of great stuff to do in and around Napoli. Location is a few metro stops or 20 min walk from the train station/centro (trust me, you wouldn't want to stay closer) in a less hectic neighborhood. great kitchen. many of the staff call this hostel home too so you know they want to make it the best place possible.

10 bed dorm was very spacious, good kitchen facilities, decent breakfast. All in all good value for money and walking distance from all the main places in venice. Also had a really big lounge/ hang out area which was nice. Staff were really friendly and gave good advice too. Only tiny annoying thing was the girls showers were very small so it was hard to get all your stuff in with out getting wet apart from that all good!

They provide breakfast and if u like to cook, u can cook in their kitchen!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Great people, cool staff, incredible city and a great vibe... Stay clear of Col (Canadian volunteer) the loud full on type...

Best hostel I've ever stayed in by far! Very friendly, openminded. 10 days seemed like 2! I highly recommend!

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

PROS: The staff is helpful and nice. The breakfast is okay, with a lack of salty things, but it's okay since it's Italy. CONS: The bedroom smells like mold, dirty duvet, bad shower, cockroaches in the toilet and no WiFi signal in the room. Also, you need to wash your dishes after the breakfast. Almost every time I passed by someone from the staff they asked me to review them 100% positive. It is not worth the money. For the same amount I stayed in better hotels in Sorrento and Rome.

This was such an amazing hostel! We loved all the people there, very kind and will help you with all your travels! Breakfast in the morning even had a fruit salad.. A free welcome drink and a great kitchen.. Honestly look no further than here for your stay in Naples :) we wouldn't go anywhere else!

Everything is on the positive side.

This was probably one of the best hostels that I stayed at during my trip in Italy. Everything was really clean, the staff were incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, and they even have a piano, which is really nice if you've been away from home for a while. The only thing that could be improved was the breakfast, but really who can complain about things that are free! I would have liked some fresh bread is all! It was a really homey place, which is what you like when you've been on the road!

Very recommendable! Great people, lots of space, decent kitchen. All in all very professional! Thanks for a great time!

• 2nd Nov 2014

Of all the three hostes we stayed at during our quick trip to Italy, this hostel was easily the best. They had great service at the front desk, an awesome kitchen and bar, and very helpful maps/staff. Thank you for taking care of us!

• 1st Nov 2014

The staff is amazing and they give you a lot of tips of where to go. They are simply great keep it going guys! You have free breakfast and if you buy a beer at the bar you can have free pasta, that was a super plus if you don't feel like cooking at night. But if you do they have everything in the kitchen. Also is walking distance from all the main attractions in the city and the metro. One of the best hostels I've been, I had to extend for a few more days.

Lots of upsides to this hostel but my stay was ruined by BED BUGS. Woke up at 5AM and went to the WC to find one crawling on my forearm. Immediately grabbed my belongings and went to the "24 hour reception" (guy sleeping on a couch) who suggested I go back to bed and change rooms in the morning. Uh no. Then he tried to tell me it was a mosquito. 24hrs later and I had 20+ dime sized red welts all over my body. Next morning they were booking new arrivals in the same room. Disgusting & deplorable.

Staff are helpful and cool to chill with. Nice big outdoor area and bar. Perfect place to come back to after a hectic day in the city.

• 19th Oct 2014

Wow this hostel was hands down best hostel ever. The set up is perfect with the outdoor hang out area and the bar. Shout out to the awesome volunteers: Alexis (she was especially great), the Argentinian boys, cole, Rachel (super cute bartender) and that kid kris. You guys made my time there above and beyond. Stay awesome la controra ;)

• 19th Oct 2014