La Controra Hostel Naples Reviews

Piazzetta Trinita alla Cesarea, 231, Naples, Italy

2027 Total Reviews

The best Hostel in Naples for sure! The staff is amazing and the facilities of the Hostel are really good. Great atmosphere, I wish I could stay more days there

Great hostel and staff were lovely and very keen to help.

Facilities are good, room is clean, love the air con!

Great hostel! One of the best I've ever been. Amazing atmosphere and staff.

Great hostel! Easy to catch the train from Naples to Sorrento or Pompei and the staff at reception were so lovely and helpful!

I highly recommend la controra, it was a great place to stay in Naples and I met some really nice people

• 5th Aug 2014

Cool place with a good atmosphere. Free breakfast was appreciated and staff were very helpful

Besides the cockroaches walking to the hostel (the area, not the hostel), I had a great time at the hostel. It had a lot of space to meet people and good beds. Overall a good experience and I'd probably go back.

So why, my friend, giving us such a low rating for something that doesn't depends on us?! The coakroaches are in whole Naples during this time of the year and they're walking also in front of 5* hotels! anyway we're glad to have you as our guest, but please take into consideration that this was the feedback regarding the city!

Nice hostel, was clean and has a cool bar and garden area.

Absolutely loved every minute of my stay here! The staff are amazing, the rooms are lovely, chilling in the garden was lush and jamming in the bar every night before heading out! Truely excellent hostel, will definitely stay here again!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Hey, crazy girls ! we wish you loads of breath-taking experiences! and hopefully sometime we'll see you again somewhere ! We'll miss our heading out also! Thank you soo much for not forgetting the importance of making your voice heard ! kisses

Great place to stay in Napels. A bit off Center but it is a short walk to get to the citycenter and the metro is nearby. Nice bar and garden. Easy to meet people.

We stayed at La Controra twice within one week and we were very satisfied with our decision. The staff at the reception was very welcoming and cooperative. The atmosphere is excellent, you'll meet a lot of people from around the world. The rooms were very clean and air conditioned, which believe me matters a lot in summers. I stongly recommend this hostel to any one visiting Napoli. P.S. : Hostel is very close to the metro station, so it's very easy to commute in the city.

For the first two days there was no hot water in our side of the hotel, bit of a bummer when we paid extra for a room with a private bathroom only to be told we had to use the shared one for showers, other than that the staff were really helpful, the room was clean and it had a pretty good atmosphere.

their back yeard was really nice.

This hostel had excellent internet and staff. It was located within reasonable distance of transport and tourist attractions.It had some awkward design features like the smallest shower cubicles I have ever seen and the lack of a covered walkway between the two buildings. The courtyard garden was nice and the breakfast was below average but included in the room price. I was there for 7 nights and really struggled to find any quality restaurants within 11/2 serving anything else besides pizza.

The hostel was really well equipped with a great kitchen, common area and court yard. Lots of showers and great roommates. Our room was on the street side so it was really noisy at night, all night so maybe ask for a room towards the courtyard. The train situation to Pompeii wasn't the greatest and Naples as a city we didn't really enjoy as it was dirty. Some staff were helpful but some didn't have any idea.

I booked this hostel based on its high rating. My stay was fine but didn't find it better than other hostels I stayed during the trip. It's just a typical hostel, nothing too special about it. It is within walking distance to historical center but part of the walk was through an extremely dirty and weird street. I don't know if garbage workers were on strike but the sidewalk was full of garbage. So I decided to take the taxi back instead of walking as the metro close at like 10 or 11 pm.

I'm sorry to hear that you saw Naples as a dirty city, but frankly speaking I do not understand what has to do with our hostel. Hostelworld's rating is divided in two parts: hostel rating & city rating. So .... I'm sorry about not seeing the specialty about our hostel...

Lovely hostel, well stocked kitchen, large rooms and very clean facilities. Staff were extremely helpful - brilliant hostel. Location was good also, very quick metro ride to the main station.

Very nice hostel, with clean rooms and a lot of bathrooms...The hostel have a nice atmosphere and it is well decorated. Really enjoyed staying there!

Great directions are given to the hostel. The front gate is secure (you have to be buzzed in). Shared bathrooms and shower rooms, but clean. The staff is really great here. Very friendly. The rooms are spacious and the common areas have a great vibe. Free breakfast: cereal and toast, but hey, it's free. The only downside was moving rooms each night because of booking issues. Overall, a great hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6