La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

Great that sheets are provided and wi-fi is free (mine didn't always work, but that could just be my phone). The breakfast was pretty mediocre, but I appreciated that they included it in the price. The staff was really friendly

• 27th Mar 2015

Hostel is in a few minutes walk from Termini and in 4 mins walk from HardRock Cafe. )) For reasonable price there are 2 beds dorms. Usually 2 beds dorms are privat and you shoul book the whole room, but here I could book only one bed. Room is spacious and has high ceiling. Staff is really helpful. My special thanks to Emilia. You are relly great! ))

This was probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at in years! The staff are awesome and the rooms are amazing. Also, the maps they provide of Rome were great. The staff were simply awesome to talk to and were super helpful. For example, I only booked one night but decided to stay an extra day and they made sure to reserve a room for me while I changed my flight.

Although the hostel was very clean and secure, it had very little atmosphere. When I arrived at around 10pm, everyone was asleep... Most people kept to themselves or within the group they had come with, so I found this hostel less sociable than others I've stayed in. It is located very close to Termini station which is great if you're carrying heavy luggage, but I would recommend staying closer to the city centre if you'd like more of an atmosphere and better access to Rome's nightlife.

This will be a good hostel when renovatons are completed The kitchen on the first floor not usable yet and the drainage in the shower needs to be rectified. The double room was spacious and clean and warm

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Unfortunately I only stayed in the hostel because I had the best reception on arrival ever! the hostel is very easy to reach and located close to several places you will want to visit. The place is clean and without has the best shower I ever saw in a hostel. Breakfast might be improved slightly, it is toast and cerreal. Tea lovers like myself will be disappointed that the water boiler is broken, but no worries, i was told it would be taken care off soon!

Hostel was clean and beds comfortable, worth staying just for that reason. Not the greatest location, but could be worse. The staff seemed nice, but kind of non existent, they could do more to interact with guests and create a more fun and lively environment. Also they really need to setup walking tours and pub crawls from the hostel. Not the greatest atmosphere but could be blamed on the low season and bad luck with the guest who were there (no one ever went out at night). Overall good.

Friendly staff, convenient location to major tourist spots. Around 15 mins walk from Termini station. Was in an ensuite room, the bathroom is clean and has a warming rack for your towels, which is amazing.

Really good overall! Very secure as you're surrounded by foreign embassies. Free breakfast, great wifi, bunk beds and a bathroom to share between 4. Great atmosphere, have all the kitchen appliances you need. Very helpful in terms of directions and which tours to take. Cool elevator. 10-2 is when the cleaners come, they're loud so don't sleep in! Cabs are around the corner on a Main Street a block away

The staff is great and everything is clean. It is not far away from the trainstation, but the surrounding is very safe, so don't worry. The metro is nearby, but in Rome you can reach nearly anything in walking distance anyway. Highly recommendable!

What I'd like to mention here is the kind staff there. When I back from outside, my phone couldn't be connected to the hostel wifi, however she helped me by suggesting a lo of options (finally I could get wifi access) On that night, I enjoyed walking to a restaurant chilling out with fresh air in night Rome, without her advice I would have taken a bus and spoilt the night walk. I've got many things to say thanks to her! It was really a nice stop before back to Japan, I totally enjoyed Rome: )

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Very good hostel. Clean, friendly and in excellent location close to shops, restaurants and bars. Very helpful staff who spoke good English. Comfortable bed ensuring a good nights sleep! If you want to hang up clothes though, take your own hangers! Overall an excellent hostel would definitely stay again.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Maura and Francesco are the best! arrivederci

A quiet and relaxed atmosphere greets you when you arrive, and the backpackers and other guests tend to keep to themselves unless you spark up a conversation. The staff were excellent, I was greeted by Maura and she made sure I felt at home. Only issue was it was difficult to find as there is no sign just a doorbell so be careful finding the place

• 4th Feb 2015

Luca is the funniest host ever and all the staff are lovely. The vibe in This hostel is sooo good!

Great place to stay quiet in Rome. Great location. Newly refurbished toilettes

Awesome. Super clean and good location.

I loved staying here! Other travelers were friendly and interesting-- I ended up hanging seeing the sights and getting dinner with some of them. Staff was super-- especially Marva. She was always smiling and gave us great advice for places to eat, shop, visit, eat gelato and gave us clear directions for how to get places. Rooms were clean and quiet. The bathroom smelled a bit but no biggie.I suggest this place if you want a really relaxed, friendly, quiet, but still social place to stay in Rome!

• 17th Jan 2015

The staff is nice, people get together and talk, the hot water is so good

Great hostel! Worth the stay, the staff was very friendly. Great common room to spend time in with kitchen. Staff gave great recommendations for places to go and see.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4