La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

Nice place to stay, good atmosphere. Very clean. Excellent location

Had a wonderful time at this place! Great location, and very modern inside. The staff is very helpful!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Great place amazing staff (blu). Enjoyed my stay very much.

• 3rd Dec 2014

It was a great hostel to stay at. It was a little quiet when we were there, but that is what we wanted. I think at other times of the year it is louder.

Great location, quite and super clean hostel. The room for 4 was huge and the ensuite bathroom nice and very clean. not a large breakfast, but enough to start the say. Great value for money. I'll be back there next time i visit Rome

Great location and very clean. Because the rooms are spread over 3 floors, I missed the usual hostel interactions with other travellers. But I will stay there again on my next visit.

The breakfast was a bit "meh," but it was free. Everything else was really good.

This was the best place I could have stayed at for my first trip to Rome. The staff was tremendous, especially Marwa who helped so much as far as suggestions on where to eat, as well as where to explore off the beaten path. This was really refreshing because sometimes at hostels there can be a sort of a "get in and now leave me alone" sort of feeling from the staff. Not at all like that here. Terrific place and most of the other guests were really cool as well.

I had a great time in La Controra, staff was awesome, they helped order pizza and drinks a few times, great recommendations and even took us out to karaoke (if that's your thing). Other guests I met were great and there's just a great vibe about this place. It was all I expected and more.

Great location, clean and confortable. Works for me.

There were lockers provided in the shared room but I wished they installed hooks inside or beside the locker. The washroom was beautiful and the people in the hostel were really friendly.

I am a first time hostel guest and selected this hostel because of the great reviews and amenities at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone wanting a great place to stay that is very clean, free breakfast, and great staff. The hostel is located very close to Termini Station which allowed us to take the bus and metro very easily. They also were very flexible and helpful with our check-in and check-out times.

• 7th Nov 2014

One of the best hostels i've been in Europe. The staff was of great help, very helpful. I'm absolutely sure i'll stay here again next time!

Best hostel I've stayed at. Staff is super helpful and blue is the best!

Need better lighting in shared bathroom. Also the electrical sockets need repair. Can plug in chargers for phones. Ect.

• 1st Nov 2014

A friend have been in Rome just before, he had told me that his hostel wasn't as good as he waited ... There're for sure others nice hostel in this city ... This one belongs, and it's well placed.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Algeria

I really enjoyed staying at La Controra Hostel Rome. The staff was awesome and the location was great. If I return to Rome, I would stay here again.

Amazing hostel in the centre of Rome, good value. Friendly staff, clean and secure.

• 26th Oct 2014

Everyone was amazing and very helpful.

• 25th Oct 2014

A quite hostel on a quite street. I stayed with my girlfriend in a 4 bed room for 5 days or so and loved it. People were nice, facilities were clean and location was good. Not much else I can ask for really. I would stay again. They must have a deal with the local grocery where they buy their old bread.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5