La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

It was a place to sleep and it was nice, atmosphere is very chilled

LOVED the room! had a great stay - a home away from home :)

The door to our room was really hard to open. I think it was room 3.

The hostel is perfectly situated to visit Rome, and very close to the train station to go anywhere in italy... The staff is very nice and helpful during the stay. Most people stay there for 1 or 2 nights. I stayed for 10 nights and travelled to Firenze for 1 day, to the beach another day...it was easier to stay in the same hostel and this one is particularly clean and enjoyable, with a good wifi access too.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Best hostel I stayed at in Italy. Incredibly friendly staff, great and clean facilities, and a good common room that makes it easy to meet other travelers. I already miss my time there

Hostel is a great location, super friendly and helpful staff. Bathrooms were great too and air conditioning was a great bonus. Not a very social hostel but other than that would stay again!

This hostel is located very near the train station, a metro station, and the hop on/hop off bus line. It was very easy checking in and out and my stay here was enjoyable, with the exception of some rude roommates. I had a pleasant experience at this hostel.

Specific directions online made finding the hostel simple! Good location about 15-20 minute walk from many main tourist sights (Colosseum, Trevi fountain). Beautiful, clean, modern rooms! Very caring and helpful staff! Our flight was cancelled and after notifying them about our late arrival they were very understanding and did not end up charging us for our first missed night! Also, wifi was great as we had it in our rooms. Definitely recommend it!

This place was very homely and relaxing. The staff are particularly good. The service and friendliness is probably the best I've encountered on my travels. I will definitely return to this place if I come back to Rome.

• 27th Jul 2015

Staff was unbelieveable. I had lost my luggage at the airport and they took the time each day to contact the airport on my behalf and follow up. In the end on the last day of my stay in Roma, they were able to track down the airport driver and have him deliver the bag at the last hour. I was still able to enjoy my trip in Roma despite the stress of losing my luggage just because I knew I was being taken care of and I had faith in the staff that they would be able to track it down.

The hostel is so good ! Especially the reception , they are patient and friendly !!!the location is good too , not far from the Termini and the square , safe and breakfast included !!

I found the staff very kind and very helpful. I loved the layout of the place with the pops of colour. I loved that they had lockers in the room and wifi that worked and also that they had a printer! I loved hanging out in the common room because it was great to get to know people.

• 15th Jul 2015

What ruined the stay was the staff on the first floor who made us feel quite uncomfortable - for starters he had a personal phone conversation for over 20 minutes in the common room where he was sobbing uncontrollably while we were trying to have breakfast. Then we went into our room to shower and pack up, he knocked on our door and let the cleaner in 30 minutes before checkout, while we were still in there. He then lurched over my shoulder at the sink, as if I was inconvenincing him.

• 12th Jul 2015

Absolutely lovely staff, they went out of their way to make you feel welcome and help you make the most of your time. Nice lounge area and having a kitchen was a huge plus. Clean comfortable rooms (with air conditioning too), overall a brief but lovely stay.

Only stayed one night but seemed like a good hostel! Little hard to find from the street!

I love that this hostel is centrally located and within walking distance to most of the historical sites. It is also in a nice neighborhood with cafes nearby. I would suggest altering directions for finding the hostel from the Termini train station. The directions were very confusing and it's actually a simple walk down the hill and on the right, past the bank.

Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Went out of their way to help me plan travel that I wouldn't have otherwise known how. Room was clean and secure. Met some great people and was enough room to hang out and chat but then also have room to yourself. Facilities clean, modern, well looked after. Would stay again.

The AC in room 5 on the 3rd floor was not very effective.

Great common area to meet other travellers and relax after a long day of sightseeing in Rome.

Difficult finding and locals didn't know the street . More specific directions including number of blocks , both name of streets with the landmark. Landmark of fountain of lions which no locals ere familiar with maybe better to specify it's actually in the front of a building .

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5