La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

Friendly staff, convenient location to major tourist spots. Around 15 mins walk from Termini station. Was in an ensuite room, the bathroom is clean and has a warming rack for your towels, which is amazing.

Really good overall! Very secure as you're surrounded by foreign embassies. Free breakfast, great wifi, bunk beds and a bathroom to share between 4. Great atmosphere, have all the kitchen appliances you need. Very helpful in terms of directions and which tours to take. Cool elevator. 10-2 is when the cleaners come, they're loud so don't sleep in! Cabs are around the corner on a Main Street a block away

The staff is great and everything is clean. It is not far away from the trainstation, but the surrounding is very safe, so don't worry. The metro is nearby, but in Rome you can reach nearly anything in walking distance anyway. Highly recommendable!

What I'd like to mention here is the kind staff there. When I back from outside, my phone couldn't be connected to the hostel wifi, however she helped me by suggesting a lo of options (finally I could get wifi access) On that night, I enjoyed walking to a restaurant chilling out with fresh air in night Rome, without her advice I would have taken a bus and spoilt the night walk. I've got many things to say thanks to her! It was really a nice stop before back to Japan, I totally enjoyed Rome: )

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Very good hostel. Clean, friendly and in excellent location close to shops, restaurants and bars. Very helpful staff who spoke good English. Comfortable bed ensuring a good nights sleep! If you want to hang up clothes though, take your own hangers! Overall an excellent hostel would definitely stay again.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Maura and Francesco are the best! arrivederci

A quiet and relaxed atmosphere greets you when you arrive, and the backpackers and other guests tend to keep to themselves unless you spark up a conversation. The staff were excellent, I was greeted by Maura and she made sure I felt at home. Only issue was it was difficult to find as there is no sign just a doorbell so be careful finding the place

• 4th Feb 2015

Luca is the funniest host ever and all the staff are lovely. The vibe in This hostel is sooo good!

Great place to stay quiet in Rome. Great location. Newly refurbished toilettes

Awesome. Super clean and good location.

I loved staying here! Other travelers were friendly and interesting-- I ended up hanging seeing the sights and getting dinner with some of them. Staff was super-- especially Marva. She was always smiling and gave us great advice for places to eat, shop, visit, eat gelato and gave us clear directions for how to get places. Rooms were clean and quiet. The bathroom smelled a bit but no biggie.I suggest this place if you want a really relaxed, friendly, quiet, but still social place to stay in Rome!

• 17th Jan 2015

The staff is nice, people get together and talk, the hot water is so good

Great hostel! Worth the stay, the staff was very friendly. Great common room to spend time in with kitchen. Staff gave great recommendations for places to go and see.

Great location and good value for the money. Had a real double bed, not two singles pushed together. Easy walk to the train station and bus stations as well as the metro.

• 13th Jan 2015

Well located - out of the way enough to get a quiet night's sleep but close enough to walk to sightsee. Especially close to the Spanish steps! Some of the best gelato and pizza is also only a short stroll away. The hostel is spotlessly clean and the kitchen is well equipped.

Fantastic hostel! :D The staff were very helpful giving me info and a map as soon as I arrived...the free WI-FI is a big help too. The breakfast was simple but yummy, I'm going to miss that chocolate/hazelnut spread :3 Security is fantastic also, I love that there is also a lock on the dormitory doors. I would definitely stay here again :)

I had a fantastic time here and would highly recommend it. There is a wonderful atmosphere and the staff are really friendly and helpful. I would certainly go there again.

Everything is fine. Thanks for all.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • onursahin1
  • Turkey

Awesome hostel for a good price! Very clean, friendly and with helpful staff! Breakfast was good, just add cheese! I would totally recommend it!

Very nice hostel. More like an apartment filled with various travelers from around the world. Small, quaint, and an excelent opportunity to build a more personal relationship with other travelers. Not a party hostel, which is a nice break from time to time. The hostel was clean and the staff was always willing to help. Highly recommend this hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4