La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Lazio, Italy

I stayed for 7 nights and was perfectly located. Short walk to Via Veneto, Spanish Steps, Pantheon etc. Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast of cereal/toast came in very handy as didn't always have time to stop and eat in the mornings. I didn't really spend much time in the hostel as always out and about so didn't get too much of a sense of the atmosphere. My only niggle was having to put the clean sheets on my bed on arrival. Don't really mind but no one wants to see a bare hostel matress

Great location just north of Termini. Morning breakfast, open kitchen, friendly staff, and comfortable settings for a first-time backpacker in Italy.

The facilities in the room are quite simple and used but the staff is really friendly, helpful and fluent English. Bathroom and kitchen also clean. It was worth for a one night staying.

Very nice hostel. i was a little bit worried about the location since it's close to the train station Termini, but actually it's the area was safe and quiet. I liked to have a supermarket close, wifi in the room, big lockers and that you can go in 15min more or less to the spanish steps. The person at the reception was also very friendly and helpfull.

Perfect place to say... Strongly recommended

The Staff is very friendly and ready to guide or help 24*7. 10 out of 10 marks for the staff. The hostel is 15 minutes walking from Rome Termini. If you go straight from Rome Termini and follow the way to American Embassy and 4 Lions fountain it is very much easy to found. All main Rome Attractions are very near to hostel. The break fast is very simple but "Ok". Only one suggestion that a reading lamp per bed is necessary. Hostel is very clean and a very secured place to live.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • India

Really clean and modern hostel, staff really friendly and helpful. Also the free breakfast was great and unexpected!

• 14th Mar 2014

The staff is absolutely amazing. They help you with every question you have, give recommendations for restaurantes and place to see. The rooms are clean with everything you need and if you're missing something, just ask the staff. They'll organised it for you. It's not a party hostel, but very cosy atmosphere. After one morning you know the other guests and might join somebody for the next days discovery tour through this wonderful city of Rome.

• 13th Mar 2014

I had a great time here.Loved paulina who was an absolute sweetheart and did all she could to help me see the sights.She even brought us to an Irish pub.I also met other fellow travellers and we would hang out and chat.The room was minimal but adequate and importantly clean.the location is easy to find and close to the sights.I will stay here again :)

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

The best hostel experience I've ever had. The guys at the front desk are super helpful and friendly. They would do anything to make you feel comfortable. Pauline is a sweetheart., She made me feel like I was at home since day one. The hostel is 10 minutes walking distance from main train station. It is In the middle of everything. It has a really nice common area where I met some amazing people. I would definitely go back to this hostel when I return to Rome

Being a moderate sized hostel, it gives you the privacy while still being able to socialize with other people. Some minor things that could be improved: coat hooks in the room, a wall socket nearer to bed, a reading lamp so that you don't disturb other guests in your room when it's late, and keeping noises down from kitchen especially when doing dishes if it is a bit late in the eveing or early morning as my room is just right next to it. Overall, a very pleasant stay!

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Good location Actually, it is very near Roma Termini but it took me more than an hour to get there. I asked the Italians questions in English but they always answered in Italian. It's a very very unforgettable expirence!

Clean, good location (everything in walking distance, main attractions etc), easy to find, good atmosphere. Also, the staff was very welcoming and helpful - thank you Marwa ;)

• 21st Feb 2014

Very high standards for a hostel. The staff were really polite and friendly, the 4-bed dorm and bathroom were clean and comfortable and I met some lovely people at breakfast. Like an earlier comment said, breakfast is a good opportunity to link up with other travellers if you're travelling alone. Location isn't a particularly interesting area but it is central, within walking distance of main sights and has great transport links. Have already booked again for my next stay in Rome :)

All in all an excellent choice for a low budget accommodation.

• 17th Feb 2014

Buen Hostel...me agrado la limpieza y la ubicación...

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Costa Rica

It's a relaxed hostel. If you are looking for a bustling place, with a common room filled with people to talk to, this ain't it. However if you are looking for a place with relaxed people and a more quiet common room, this is your best bet. Good location and very clean with helpful staff.

A bit far away from train station. It takes 25 minutes' walk. Better to take a taxi when it rained. I was naively assuming the hostel was close to the station and I was soaked. But I deserved this good lesson. The staff there were helpful. They helped me to settle. Thoughtful they were.

The best stay in Rome! Great localization (near to metro station, Fontana di Trevi and Colosseum), very clean and comfortable rooms, good wifi and wonderdul staff!!

• 30th Jan 2014

There is not much I can complain about. I had a pleasant stay at La Controra. Love the wonderful staff there. It felt very cosy after a couple of days, interacting with other fellow travellers during breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3