La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

Really simple and clean, really enjoyed our stay!

• 19th May 2015

The hostel was beautiful on first impressions, super clean with amazing facilities and lovely receptionists who were very helpful. The only thing lacking was the breakfast was very basic just toast and cereal. Also lacked a bit of atmosphere but this was mainly due to all the guests not spending time in the common room. Overall a great stay after a long plane ride. Not a good choice if you want a party or social hostel.

The hostel was great. The bathrooms were really clean with wooden floors and it included breakfast. Close to the train station and a not far from most of Rome's sights. 20-25 minute walk to Vatican City. This is a great place to stay. Amelia was very helpful and even took my friend sightseeing.

La Controra in Rome is touted to be the "2nd best hostel in Rome". I certainly beg to differ. The staff is great, sure, but things were stolen from the refrigerator, the doors make a halatious bang when they are closed and there isn't a single horizontal surface in the room for a purse or bag. And every day I had to trip over the overzealous vacuum cleaning men. Try One Step from St. Peter. Worth the extra $.

Thank you for your review but we would like to clarify some few things : Our hostel is usually so safe and we never had things stolen. If someone took your milk that is because you didn't write your check in and check out dates on it, and they thought that it is for free as you know there are many free things in the fridge. Also, cleanliness is so important for us and we clean the hostel everyday around noon when our dear guests are out for sightseeing in order not to disturb them.

Welcoming, helpful and friendly staff. Kitchen was well equipped Noisy guests in the communal area/kitchen could be heard in the nearby bedrooms.

Mowra gave me the best 1st Nite I've ever had in any city ... Quality people at this Hostel.

The only thing that I have to comment on is very minor. I felt bad having to ring the bell to get to the reception every time since I was housed on the first floor.

I preferred the 3rd floor (I stayed on the lower level floor as well) because as a solo traveller I like to meet other people. For privacy the lower level is great but all the action is really upstairs.

The staff were wonderful and very sociable, particularly Amelia on the front desk. Very clean and in a safe area of Rome.

This place was heaven compared to other hostels I stayed at!

• 29th Apr 2015

We were five girls traveling together. The staff was super friendly and made arrangements so we all could be in the same room. They helped us with all we needed, and I will definitely recommend this hostel to others who travels. We even got breakfast included.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Norway

We had a great stay in the hostel. Marga was really helpful and super friendly. Basic but clean. Good showroom. Excelent location. Central but quiet.

breakfast not good

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • China

I loved it. Everything was perfect.

• 19th Apr 2015

The cleaning staff repeatedly walked in on us girls while we were getting changed or still in bed, announced "cleaning" all they did was fluff a blanket then walk out leaving the door wide open for everyone to see in. Maybe the hostel could teach the cleaning staff about if you open a food you close it and not repeatedly walking in on girls when you know they are getting changed.

Good hostel. Excelent location.

Mirror in the bedroom would be useful please and larger plates in the kitchen ( I was in the annex on the 1st floor) Friendly , clean , quiet , good facilities ! Highly recommended and as a mature single female traveller felt very safe & comfortable

• 12th Apr 2015

Great facilities and very nice staff

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

4 of us wanted a cheap weekend away to Rome and based on the good reviews, location and price of this hostel chose la controra. The hostel takes up part of a beautiful building in a nice area that is in walking distance of everything - we didn't use public transport once. The bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas were immaculately clean and were cleaned everyday we stayed. The rooms were also quiet, very nice, spacious and comfortable. We were very impressed and would recommend it to anyone!

• 10th Apr 2015

HAs a nice staff and is really clean. the breakfast is good for a hostel. I just didnt like to pay for a toweltowel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4