La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

The breakfast was a bit "meh," but it was free. Everything else was really good.

I had a great time in La Controra, staff was awesome, they helped order pizza and drinks a few times, great recommendations and even took us out to karaoke (if that's your thing). Other guests I met were great and there's just a great vibe about this place. It was all I expected and more.

Great location, clean and confortable. Works for me.

There were lockers provided in the shared room but I wished they installed hooks inside or beside the locker. The washroom was beautiful and the people in the hostel were really friendly.

I am a first time hostel guest and selected this hostel because of the great reviews and amenities at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone wanting a great place to stay that is very clean, free breakfast, and great staff. The hostel is located very close to Termini Station which allowed us to take the bus and metro very easily. They also were very flexible and helpful with our check-in and check-out times.

• 7th Nov 2014

One of the best hostels i've been in Europe. The staff was of great help, very helpful. I'm absolutely sure i'll stay here again next time!

Best hostel I've stayed at. Staff is super helpful and blue is the best!

Need better lighting in shared bathroom. Also the electrical sockets need repair. Can plug in chargers for phones. Ect.

• 1st Nov 2014

A friend have been in Rome just before, he had told me that his hostel wasn't as good as he waited ... There're for sure others nice hostel in this city ... This one belongs, and it's well placed.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Algeria

I really enjoyed staying at La Controra Hostel Rome. The staff was awesome and the location was great. If I return to Rome, I would stay here again.

Amazing hostel in the centre of Rome, good value. Friendly staff, clean and secure.

• 26th Oct 2014

Everyone was amazing and very helpful.

• 25th Oct 2014

A quite hostel on a quite street. I stayed with my girlfriend in a 4 bed room for 5 days or so and loved it. People were nice, facilities were clean and location was good. Not much else I can ask for really. I would stay again. They must have a deal with the local grocery where they buy their old bread.

The room was very nice, spacious and clean. A simple bedside table would be convenient. You were very kind and helpful, just go on like this. Thanks, Agnes Palovics and Emil Regenyi

Loved this hostel! The staff was so friendly and showed us how to get around when we arrived exhausted. They also recommended a great restaurant to us for our first meal. The en-suite bathrooms were a huge perk, the hostel was so clean, and everyone was super nice. Definitely recommend.

The internet was not really good and the light went away many times plus they dont really care about customers. I had a problem where i didnt have where to stay and they didnt help. Instead of recommending a place to stay they just said they were closed and left me on the street with al my stuff

Sleeping was a bit of a problem due to the buzzers from every gate, and i dont have a sleeping problems usually. also, when i asked one guy from the reception a question regarding the public transportation, his answers were all wrong, which caused me to spend time and money. the hostel isnt very far from the central station, which was good, the rooms were clean and it's cheap.

This is exactly what you want in a hostel. The staff are awesome, and they had great recommendations on every level. Additionally, the entire vibe of this place was really chill. People were social and went out at night without turning the place into a complete party hostel. If you needed to sleep, you could do that, too. I will definitely come back here when I go back to Rome.

One of the best I have stayed in. Thumbs up.

My son and I stayed at La Contrara. We rented a private room. It had its own private washroom. The room was clean. The bed was cony. AC was available. And WIFI in the room. Not much a difference than a hotel-minus a TV in the room (not a big deal to us). Breakfast (toast) was included. The location was between two metro stations, close to the Trevi Fountain, and many small restaurants, a pharmacy, and shopping. I would definitely recommend this hostel and will return to it when in Rome again

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5