La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

I found everyone genuinely helpful.

• 17th Aug 2014

The staff were amazing, helped me book a taxi to the airport early in the morning ! Thankyou

The cleaness of the hostel was very bad. I got a really disgusting pillow. I asked the stuff to change but the answer i got was "NO THAT IS ALL WE HAVE". I was quite disappointed. Actually, that is the worst experience i have in a hostel.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • China

Pretty good hostel! Quite different because all of the rooms are on different levels, like an apartment building. Still was really good - stayed in a 4-bed with ensuite. Shower drain was blocked and no bath mat so that wasn't ideal, but overall it was great for a couple of nights!

I have mixed feelings about this hostel. When my friend and I arrived my under sheet was extremely dirty. I informed the hostel and they did not seem very apologetic, however they informed me that they would change it before I returned home. It was not changed when I got home, which meant I had to sleep on top of it. There were no hand towels or bath mats in the rooms and the shower did not drain. The rooms were however very modern with fast wifi.

This hostel was just what i was after before headed home on a 20 hour flight. The staff were very helpfull and friendly, great location near the train. Id definately stay here again!

Close to the train station and a nice walk from the Spanish Steps, trevi fountain, and a 30 minute walk from the Vatican. We stayed in a double room on floor 1 but the reception area was floor 3 and that's where the breakfast was. Not too shabby but is prefer a closer location to all the main attractions.

I enjoyed my stay very much in La Controra! The rooms are very modern and clean, the staff is very friendly and breakfast is included. It's also located quite close to Termini Station and Metro Piazza della Repubblicca, so It's easy to get around by public transport. I would definitely come back.

Great hostel. Would stay again :)

A little more expensive, but you get what you pay for. One if the best hostels I've been so far. The only real improvement they should make right away is changing the bright white light in the living room to something more cosy, but yeah thats definetely the only improvement I can mention.

The staff at La Controra are fantastic and there is a really friendly atmosphere in the hostel. Good breakfast too! I will be staying here on my next trip to Rome (or Naples).

Beds could be a little bit cleaner. Under your clean new sheets, there would be a little bit of garbage, debris or other stuff. Maybe vaccuming the matresses between guests could be a good idea. Staff is great on giving you insider tips.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Very helpful staff, good location

Second time at this hostel, such a great little place. So convenient. They've opened up rooms on the first floor now, so clean and cute. Wifi is best in common areas, lockers big enough for big backpack. Great location - close to metro and truthfully everything you'd want to see is within walking distance (except Vatican). Love Rome, I'll be back again I'm sure!

This place is super super nice, modern and clean kitchen, bathroom and dorm. The location is good, near termini station, metro five minutes walk. Free breakfast very substantial, highlight was the super comfy beanbags in the lounge!

Nice staff, small but functional common area, simple breakfast. Rooms come with large lockers (bring your own padlocks). Clean shower rooms. Rooms are more spacious than other hostels but prices are generally higher too. Housed in an early-20th century building, 20 minutes walk from the historic centre.

Great Hostel! Definitely not a party hostel but you'll meet good people. Marva is awesome!

This hostel is worth every cent. So nice and clean with free breakfast. The staff are absolutely lovely too, and will help you as much as they can about anything. Would definitely recommend this place.

Just one of best hostel, I've ever had the pleasure of living in. Clean big rooms with a nice single bed and just hotel standard toilets. Truly awesome, I just had a blast living there. Nice living room to chill out and mingle with others and a quiet neighbourhood. 10/10.

The staff were very helpful. I was very happy with my stay. So much so that I was planning to visit your other hostel in Naples but unfortunately it is not available over the time I'm going to be there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5