La Controra Hostel Rome

Superb 2181 Total Reviews
Superb 2181 Total Reviews

10th Jun 2017

My stay at this place was excellent. Marco is a great guy and always willing to help. The rooms are very clean, it's not noisy at all and the location can't be better, close to a Metro Station. Breakfast is really good, the only that we didn't like is that some guys from other rooms drank half of our juice then refilled it with water, but this is not the Hostel's fault. Again, everything here makes you feel at home.

30th May 2017

Amazing hostel--which is almost more accurately described as a bed as breakfast--for a great price in a good location. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• England, Male, 25-30
28th May 2017

One of the best hostels we've stayed in. Three of us booked a private room which was very clean, quiet and comfortable. It is a short walk to many places. The host Marco was very welcoming, helpful and gave us many tips when visiting areas of Rome. Breakfast was included.

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2017

I had a great experience here. The location is close enough to Termini and the orange metro but I never felt unsafe. The entrance is on a quiet side street with a beautiful big front door and spiral staircase, the room was nice and clean. It was actually perfect. The host (maybe Marco?) was super nice and helpful and there were printouts with everything you could want to know about sites to see, places to eat based on neighborhood, price and quality. Wish I would've started my trip here!

2nd May 2017

Everything was perfect! Room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. Location was walk-able from the train station and plenty of food options nearby. Marco is super friendly and even met us on the street to welcome us and get us settled in. Thank you for a great stay! Would highly recommend!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Apr 2017

Absolutely loved this hostel and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Rome!!

• USA, Male, 25-30
26th Apr 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at La Controra! This is a small hostel on the third floor of an apartment/condo building with clean and spacious rooms/bathrooms and awesome staff (Marco). It actually felt more like a boutique hotel or bed and breakfast. Only a 10 or 15 minute walk from Termini Station and seated in a quiet, safe and friendly part of town. The only person I would not recommend this place to is travelers seeking a more lively party hostel. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

Es un hostel diferente a lo tradicional que venden más cadenas más conocidas. Es un trato muy cálido, personal y amigable. Las instalaciones están limpias y tenes a tu disposición algún snack o bebida tanto en la habitación como en el La Cocina. Muy recomendable

• USA, Couple, 25-30
8th Mar 2017

We really enjoyed our stay. Marco was very kind and accommodating. The provided breakfast was great and the location was quiet. Would definitely book at La Controra again.

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th Mar 2017

I highly recommend this place!! The owner is very friendly. The hostel was SO CLEAN. They provide breakfast, which is wonderful. It was also QUIET! If you are looking to stay at a hostel that has tons of night life and a large crowd, I would consider staying somewhere else. Overall, I would absolutely recommend my friends to go here and I can't wait to go back!