La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

I loved it. Everything was perfect.

• 19th Apr 2015

The cleaning staff repeatedly walked in on us girls while we were getting changed or still in bed, announced "cleaning" all they did was fluff a blanket then walk out leaving the door wide open for everyone to see in. Maybe the hostel could teach the cleaning staff about if you open a food you close it and not repeatedly walking in on girls when you know they are getting changed.

Good hostel. Excelent location.

Mirror in the bedroom would be useful please and larger plates in the kitchen ( I was in the annex on the 1st floor) Friendly , clean , quiet , good facilities ! Highly recommended and as a mature single female traveller felt very safe & comfortable

• 12th Apr 2015

Great facilities and very nice staff

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

4 of us wanted a cheap weekend away to Rome and based on the good reviews, location and price of this hostel chose la controra. The hostel takes up part of a beautiful building in a nice area that is in walking distance of everything - we didn't use public transport once. The bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas were immaculately clean and were cleaned everyday we stayed. The rooms were also quiet, very nice, spacious and comfortable. We were very impressed and would recommend it to anyone!

• 10th Apr 2015

The hostel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean but my bed mattress needs to be replaced because I felt the bars from underneath the bed. I would definitely stay here again!

Really nice, nice place, nice people...good value for money.

The staff working there are great and very helpful. Also very personable and are great to talk with.

This hostel is a 100%! Of of the accomodations i visited in europe this has been my favorite! Clean, cosy, full of fun people and the most important point: staff! Pablo and Emilia are great, friendly, witty, eager to make you feel at home! Thanks both!!!!!!

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I had such an amazing stay at this hostel. The staff were friendly and interactive, and the community atmosphere was great. Everyone hung out in the common spaces together, which isn't always the case in all hostels. It was also cute and clean and the location was quiet, but close to anything you might need.

Great that sheets are provided and wi-fi is free (mine didn't always work, but that could just be my phone). The breakfast was pretty mediocre, but I appreciated that they included it in the price. The staff was really friendly

• 27th Mar 2015

My stay at La Controra was great. The hostel was always clean, the free breakfast was good, and it was in a good location close to Termini station. Amelia and Pablo were always helpful and we shared some good conversation and laughs. I was sad I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to them!

Hostel is in a few minutes walk from Termini and in 4 mins walk from HardRock Cafe. )) For reasonable price there are 2 beds dorms. Usually 2 beds dorms are privat and you shoul book the whole room, but here I could book only one bed. Room is spacious and has high ceiling. Staff is really helpful. My special thanks to Emilia. You are relly great! ))

This was probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at in years! The staff are awesome and the rooms are amazing. Also, the maps they provide of Rome were great. The staff were simply awesome to talk to and were super helpful. For example, I only booked one night but decided to stay an extra day and they made sure to reserve a room for me while I changed my flight.

Although the hostel was very clean and secure, it had very little atmosphere. When I arrived at around 10pm, everyone was asleep... Most people kept to themselves or within the group they had come with, so I found this hostel less sociable than others I've stayed in. It is located very close to Termini station which is great if you're carrying heavy luggage, but I would recommend staying closer to the city centre if you'd like more of an atmosphere and better access to Rome's nightlife.

This will be a good hostel when renovatons are completed The kitchen on the first floor not usable yet and the drainage in the shower needs to be rectified. The double room was spacious and clean and warm

was a pity that there was cosntruction going on while our stay. bit noisy during the daya

Unfortunately I only stayed in the hostel because I had the best reception on arrival ever! the hostel is very easy to reach and located close to several places you will want to visit. The place is clean and without has the best shower I ever saw in a hostel. Breakfast might be improved slightly, it is toast and cerreal. Tea lovers like myself will be disappointed that the water boiler is broken, but no worries, i was told it would be taken care off soon!

Hostel was clean and beds comfortable, worth staying just for that reason. Not the greatest location, but could be worse. The staff seemed nice, but kind of non existent, they could do more to interact with guests and create a more fun and lively environment. Also they really need to setup walking tours and pub crawls from the hostel. Not the greatest atmosphere but could be blamed on the low season and bad luck with the guest who were there (no one ever went out at night). Overall good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4