La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

Nice clean hostel in excellent location so good base to explore Rome. One of the quieter hostels I've stayed in which can either be a good or bad thing depending on what you want from a hostel. Free breakfast as well.

Very clean. Within walking distance to many sights. Overall a nice place to stay.

• 10th Sep 2014

This was the cleanest and most spacious hostel I've ever stayed at for the price. Great value, great quality. Walking distance from Roma Termini. Would certainly recommend.

• 7th Sep 2014

My stay at La Controra was very pleasant. Great staff, friendly atmosphere and excellent location. My only major issue was the fact that the water in the shower just didn't drain away, so I ended up standing in 10cm of water. Other than that I was very pleased with the facilities.

• 6th Sep 2014

A large, comfortable room. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm but they could have easily rammed in more beds. An internal door between the main room and the corridor door meant the room was insulated from any noise in the corridor. Bathroom was newly, fitted and stylish - a little small but not like I was trying to do the fox trot in there - water pressure was good. Could do with some mats though as the floor was constantly wet. Lockers were large and secure. Breakfast wasn't all that but it was free!

It was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The location was nice because it's close to Termini station. The room were clean. Staffs were really friendly and they often helped me to make traveling plans. This hostel has a common room. I often chatted with people who are from the other countries, exchanged some imformation about a trip and ate breakfast together there. I had a very nice time with them especially roommates. Small problem was just a few outlet but I highly recommend this hostel.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Japan

So impressed with La Controra! Just a few minutes walk from Termini which is good because the area directly around there is a little rough. It's really well placed for the touristic area - the only thing that is far is the Vatican. The staff here are so lovely, rooms and bathrooms are clean, great atmosphere for meeting other travellers, a decent kitchen for cooking and breakfast is included! I would definitely stay here again.

I really enjoyed staying here. The facilities were nice and clean and the staff was helpful and pleasant to work with. I liked the crowd a lot, people all had breakfast in the morning together - which was great for meeting people and chatting. The movies at night were nice. Wish they had a bigger breakfast (w eggs perhaps) but that's just a thought.

The location was great, very central and convenient. The receptionist was charming. The room were spacious and cleaned with ok beds and a great bathroom. The only thing was that our room was on the first floor and everything else on the third. It wasn't really convenient to have to go upstairs every time we needed a plate or a cup. They are still arranging the common spaces on the 1st floor so it looks a little bit under construction. But I'am sure it will look great once it's done

What a fantastic place. Such a friendly staff and great location. The rooms are in a cool old building with a beautiful old elevator and have high ceilings. Great for me as a solo traveler. Stay here!

The only complaint I had was the the shower drains were slow and by the time you finished there was a good level of water covering your feet. Other than that, the directions to the hostel need to be updated, I spent one hour walking around the hostel because of bad directions.

Great service!!

If you're traveling alone, don't go to this hostel, it's depressive! I'd booked for 8 nights there, but I've left on the second day. People are really reserved at this hostel, so if you're looking for a place only to sleep and don't interact with other travelers, this is the place for you, because they have a good structure, well located - not so good wifi, but works.

Excellent hostel, I'd booked a room for two and ended up in there on my own! Practically a hotel room for half the price!

All the staff at reception were wonderful :)

• 20th Aug 2014

I found everyone genuinely helpful.

The staff were amazing, helped me book a taxi to the airport early in the morning ! Thankyou

Such a lovely hostel. A small hostel with a friendly homely atmosphere. Extremely clean and comfortable. Very close to the train station and can easily walk to major attractions.

The cleaness of the hostel was very bad. I got a really disgusting pillow. I asked the stuff to change but the answer i got was "NO THAT IS ALL WE HAVE". I was quite disappointed. Actually, that is the worst experience i have in a hostel.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • China

Pretty good hostel! Quite different because all of the rooms are on different levels, like an apartment building. Still was really good - stayed in a 4-bed with ensuite. Shower drain was blocked and no bath mat so that wasn't ideal, but overall it was great for a couple of nights!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5