La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

This place was very homely and relaxing. The staff are particularly good. The service and friendliness is probably the best I've encountered on my travels. I will definitely return to this place if I come back to Rome.

• 27th Jul 2015

The hostel is so good ! Especially the reception , they are patient and friendly !!!the location is good too , not far from the Termini and the square , safe and breakfast included !!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • ivam2002
  • China

I found the staff very kind and very helpful. I loved the layout of the place with the pops of colour. I loved that they had lockers in the room and wifi that worked and also that they had a printer! I loved hanging out in the common room because it was great to get to know people.

• 15th Jul 2015

What ruined the stay was the staff on the first floor who made us feel quite uncomfortable - for starters he had a personal phone conversation for over 20 minutes in the common room where he was sobbing uncontrollably while we were trying to have breakfast. Then we went into our room to shower and pack up, he knocked on our door and let the cleaner in 30 minutes before checkout, while we were still in there. He then lurched over my shoulder at the sink, as if I was inconvenincing him.

• 12th Jul 2015

Absolutely lovely staff, they went out of their way to make you feel welcome and help you make the most of your time. Nice lounge area and having a kitchen was a huge plus. Clean comfortable rooms (with air conditioning too), overall a brief but lovely stay.

Only stayed one night but seemed like a good hostel! Little hard to find from the street!

Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Went out of their way to help me plan travel that I wouldn't have otherwise known how. Room was clean and secure. Met some great people and was enough room to hang out and chat but then also have room to yourself. Facilities clean, modern, well looked after. Would stay again.

The AC in room 5 on the 3rd floor was not very effective.

Great common area to meet other travellers and relax after a long day of sightseeing in Rome.

Difficult finding and locals didn't know the street . More specific directions including number of blocks , both name of streets with the landmark. Landmark of fountain of lions which no locals ere familiar with maybe better to specify it's actually in the front of a building .

The beds are a bit worn out, and the pillows were a bit lumpy from heavy use. It felt more like a dormitory than a hostel/BnB. The breakfast was pretty sparse, as well. All in all, not terrible, but not deserving of its current rating...

• 29th Jun 2015

Great little hostel, good facitilies, great location central to Rome. Within 20mins walk to pretty much everything. This is not a party hostel. It is a little secure oasis where you can chill reflect an plan your time in one of the most historical cities in the world. Supermarket witin 2 blocks, close to Barbarini square for food and drinks. Particular regards to Emilia who was so personable and created such a welcoming environment. Would recommend for anyone seeking adventure without the noise.

Everything was perfect and the the staffs were very friendly. Thank you so much for your excellent service.

• 27th Jun 2015

very good position close to everything in a short walk. reccomendable

This hostel is near the Spanish Steps and the Trevi fountain and with the exception of maybe the Vatican city you're walking distance from all the main attractions in the city.The staff are super sweet and they've great recommendations for anything you might want to find in Rome.The communal area is really cozy and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. All the rooms have their own locker cabinets (but be sure to bring your own locks).The hostel is really clean/neat and in a very safe location.

We lost our luggage and Maura (Wiwa) & Amelia were very helpful and kind in getting our luggage back from the Airline.

Overall we had a good stay at this hostel with good kitchen facilities and great location. There was only access to one toilet/shower which were in together and shared between three guests plus multiple staff. Would make a big difference having an extra toilet with sink available, as well as rubbish bins and a mirror in the rooms.

Loved this hostel. Very small and home like which I like! Kitchen so you can cook what you like. Not too many rooms so was not that busy! Breakfast wasn't that great but it was included so can't complain. Wifi was a bit hit and miss and I think printing things out should have no charge

Good location very close to Termini station. Staff was very friendly and helpful, also in retrospective. Room and bathroom was very organized. Would definitely recommend the hostel and stay there again!

Loved it! Great rooms! Only thing that could have been better is power points for the top of the bunk beds.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5