La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

Very helpful staff, good location

Second time at this hostel, such a great little place. So convenient. They've opened up rooms on the first floor now, so clean and cute. Wifi is best in common areas, lockers big enough for big backpack. Great location - close to metro and truthfully everything you'd want to see is within walking distance (except Vatican). Love Rome, I'll be back again I'm sure!

This place is super super nice, modern and clean kitchen, bathroom and dorm. The location is good, near termini station, metro five minutes walk. Free breakfast very substantial, highlight was the super comfy beanbags in the lounge!

Nice staff, small but functional common area, simple breakfast. Rooms come with large lockers (bring your own padlocks). Clean shower rooms. Rooms are more spacious than other hostels but prices are generally higher too. Housed in an early-20th century building, 20 minutes walk from the historic centre.

Great Hostel! Definitely not a party hostel but you'll meet good people. Marva is awesome!

This hostel is worth every cent. So nice and clean with free breakfast. The staff are absolutely lovely too, and will help you as much as they can about anything. Would definitely recommend this place.

Just one of best hostel, I've ever had the pleasure of living in. Clean big rooms with a nice single bed and just hotel standard toilets. Truly awesome, I just had a blast living there. Nice living room to chill out and mingle with others and a quiet neighbourhood. 10/10.

The staff were very helpful. I was very happy with my stay. So much so that I was planning to visit your other hostel in Naples but unfortunately it is not available over the time I'm going to be there.

Great hostel! And great staff! Very good location! It is an apartment with a few rooms, a common kitchen and living room. It feels as a home. The rooms and bathrooms were very confortable and clean. They have air conditioner what was great for the hot summer. They give you the food to prepare your breakfast for free. I would only suggest to put individual lights and power sockets in the beds and to have those linnens that you put the cover inside in order to avoid people to use them directly.

Very kind a thoughtful staff. Made everything ease and had good recommendations for places to visit around the city. I have stayed there more than once and would definitely stay again.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

This is a great place. Staff was friendly and helpful beyond what is typically expected. Also, this is a great location near the Borghese Gardens, Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. I make regular visits to Rome and this is my new preferred location in this side of the city.

Cant wait to go back!

Staff was very friendly and approachable. Great location, as it's not a far walk from the central train station. They also have free breakfast in the morning, which was a nice perk.

Amazing place in the middle of Rome. You are in easy walking distance of everything, including the train station which is very handy after a long flight! Staff are very helpful and the place looks brand new. Super clean, everything is new, wifi is excellent even in the rooms, and the staff are very accommodating. Had a friend in a HOTEL down the road paying more than DOUBLE THE PROCE and it was no where near as nice!! Would stay again if I return to Rome!!!

Milk is left out overnight. Don't travel here on your own no atmosphere at all in the least.

Dear guest! Thanks a lot for your review. Actually, the milk that we leave out sometimes in the kitchen is for the people who leave very early in the morning and since we care a lot about our guests, we always make sure that they get their breakfast even before the breakfast time. Concerning the atmosphere, during the summertime most of our guests, who come in groups and even alone, prefer to go out at night for parties or for dinner in order to enjoy the beauty of Rome. See you next time.

This is a very familiar hostel, with a non-crowding atmosphere, that I would recommend for a quiet trip in Rome and some rich casual chatting with people from all over the world, at the start and the end of the day.

I have stayed there for a second time and it was a reason for. Love the location - near metro and train station, fall major places accessible by foot. Staff as always friendly and nice. We've stayed in a first floor private room - it was super clean and bright and towels were included. One negative - poor wifi connection in the first floor, but otherwise I would stay there and the third time.

Reception staff was outstanding. Both girls were more than willing to help with anything we needed. Bathroom produces an awful smell. Mattresses were pretty gross. Cleaning staff would come in and start cleaning while we were still in the room. Overall, not a bad place, but mattresses and cleaning staff were frustrating at different points.

La Controra is a wonderful option for a nice, chill, and clean place to stay in Rome. The staff were really great. The girl at the desk went out of her way to help us and even called our next hostel to help is sort something out. There didn't seem to be too much of a social atmosphere but there is a great common area where you can chat with people. Close to the touristy sites, half an hour walk from Vatican City. Would definitely recommend.

The common room and kithcken was good but the pillow and mattress was a bit horrible. The air conditioner was turned off one night during my stay. But overall, this hostel is quite good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5