La Controra Hostel Rome Reviews

Via Umbria, 7, Rome, Italy

I loved staying here! Other travelers were friendly and interesting-- I ended up hanging seeing the sights and getting dinner with some of them. Staff was super-- especially Marva. She was always smiling and gave us great advice for places to eat, shop, visit, eat gelato and gave us clear directions for how to get places. Rooms were clean and quiet. The bathroom smelled a bit but no biggie.I suggest this place if you want a really relaxed, friendly, quiet, but still social place to stay in Rome!

• 17th Jan 2015

The staff is nice, people get together and talk, the hot water is so good

Great hostel! Worth the stay, the staff was very friendly. Great common room to spend time in with kitchen. Staff gave great recommendations for places to go and see.

Great location and good value for the money. Had a real double bed, not two singles pushed together. Easy walk to the train station and bus stations as well as the metro.

• 13th Jan 2015

Well located - out of the way enough to get a quiet night's sleep but close enough to walk to sightsee. Especially close to the Spanish steps! Some of the best gelato and pizza is also only a short stroll away. The hostel is spotlessly clean and the kitchen is well equipped.

Fantastic hostel! :D The staff were very helpful giving me info and a map as soon as I arrived...the free WI-FI is a big help too. The breakfast was simple but yummy, I'm going to miss that chocolate/hazelnut spread :3 Security is fantastic also, I love that there is also a lock on the dormitory doors. I would definitely stay here again :)

I had a fantastic time here and would highly recommend it. There is a wonderful atmosphere and the staff are really friendly and helpful. I would certainly go there again.

Everything is fine. Thanks for all.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • onursahin1
  • Turkey

Very nice hostel. More like an apartment filled with various travelers from around the world. Small, quaint, and an excelent opportunity to build a more personal relationship with other travelers. Not a party hostel, which is a nice break from time to time. The hostel was clean and the staff was always willing to help. Highly recommend this hostel!

Very quiet laid back hostel. It was clean, centrally located. Not exactly a party hostel but that's great when you want to see all the great sites that rome has to offer.

Very nice, clean. modern. My only complaint is that each room door closes like a hotel door so you always have to get your key out to come in and out and the doors slam very loudly, it's very annoying when you're trying to sleep. It's an excellent hostel, I would just like to see the locks on the doors gone!

I needed a relatively quiet place and thankfully it was just that. Helpful staff. Clean. I'd stay again.

Very well situated, no over crowded rooms & also very clean & well taken care of. The staff also is very friendly.

Great staff, the elevator is old school and I thought it was really interesting to use. Breakfast was a feast. My room smelled a bit odd they should definitely open a window when no one is in there. Overall I would definitely stay there.

Very comfortable, homely, friendly and clean place. Great hospitality, courtesy and kindness from the staff (Marwa and Marcos were really awesome!). Beautiful and excellent location close to main monuments in the Rome city center and close to metro and Termini Station...no other words necessary...I really enjoyed staying at La Controra and I heartily recommend it to everyone.

• 22nd Dec 2014

The Hostel was good value for money, located in a good location as its easy to go everywhere in walking distance, the staff was very helpful, and the room are clean.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

The showers here are the best I've ever had in a hostel. Location wise you couldn't ask for much better, close to Roma Termini and walking distance from restaurants and all the main attractions. The only negative was that it's more like and apartment block than a hostel, so there's not really a common area to meet new people. Also kind of quiet, but that was perfect for me. You probably wouldn't want to stay here if you're planning on partying hard

Staff went above and beyond to help with everything I needed! I traveled solo for the first time and felt so comfortable here. Great facilities, amazing location--couldn't have picked a better place in Rome!

• 18th Dec 2014

Hostels for some reason get a bad rap. I love them! La Controra has a friendly

Nice place to stay, good atmosphere. Very clean. Excellent location