La Coperacha Reviews

4 Av 2-03 Zona 2, Guatemala City, Guatemala

Really lovely hostel - immaculately clean, huge rooms, lots of local information readily available and generally beautiful in every way. Really can't understand why more people weren't staying there - it's only a 10 min walk to the center of town and it felt more like a 3/4 star hotel (albeit with share bathroom) rather than a hostel. Owner also gave us an excellent restaurant recommendation that we'd have never have found left to our own devices. Thank you!

The owner is quirky but awesome. Our bus arrived early into Guatemala city and he let us in at 5:30 in the morning. We were served breakfast with the best eggs we’ve ever eaten and we were in our room by 7 am. Our room was spacious, quiet, and clean with a much needed mosquito net. The bathrooms were clean and had hot water.

• 27th Mar 2014

It's a great place and the owner is extremely helpful ( he even cycled down to the coach station to get a ticket for me)! Thanks Lucien:)

If you want to explore Guatemala City on foot and don't mind walking a bit, this place is in a great location. It's located in a safe neighbourhood about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the historical downtown and the relief map (opposite direction). Not so great if you are arriving late and leaving early as is difficult to get to if you don't know the neighbourhood (lots of 1 way streets) and not on the shared shuttle routes. Use the offered taxi service. Has a guest kitchen to do your own cooking

We had very high expectations after reading many of the review at hostel world. At the start the stay was pleasent (we stayed for almost 2 weeks) but as time passed our stay became a less pleasant experience. First we want to give a lot of credit to Maria, Heidi and Ofelia for their good service and kindness. We give Lucien credits for his knowledge of the city and country. But when it comes to service-mind and hospitality, he needs a lot of improvement. Otherwise he will loose more guests.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

I was very pleased with everything at La Coperacha and plan to stay there the next time I fly to Guatemala.

Our group spent a couple nights at LaCoperacha and we loved it. Out host, Lucien took good care of us and we'll be back the next time we visit G. City.

• 10th Jan 2014

We only stayed here for 1 night, but we really liked it. They send a taxi to come pick us up from the airport at night. Our flight was delayed and we didn't have to pay any more. The room was clean and spacious. Showers and toilet clean as well. In the morning we had a free breakfast, and it was very good. We would go there again. It is in Zona 2 close to the local market, but far from the museums (zona 10)

Beautiful and big common area, the man who was working there went out of his way to help me out. Highly recommended.

That place it´s absolutely amazing , the strongest side of La Coperacha is a staff . They are extremely help full in every situation .I have not any doubts where I should stay if I visit Guatemala city again . People do not understand me wrong I have been in over 35 countries , stay/slept in hundreds places but that one is for sure,, placed ´´in my TOP 3. Atmosphere great , location perfect . Close enough from the central park / 5 min walk / far enough from the city´s center noise . Dariusz .

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Poland

Lucien and the staff were great, as was the room and the location! Overall, good value and place to stay!

The hostel was very nice and relaxed and Lucien the manager was very nice and helpful.

• 17th Nov 2013

is not my first time in La Coparacha and as always everytings was perfect

• 2nd Nov 2013

I had a good time at La Coperacha. It's located close to the main sightseeings of Guatemala City. Calm atmosphere.

View all Guatemala City Bed and Breakfasts