La Covacha Hostel Reviews

Juramento 109, Salta, Argentina

Really nice hostel with an amazing roof terrace garden and extremely friendly staff. Definitely one of my favourite hostel's I've stayed at so far! Everyone staying at the hostel at that time were sociable & approachable, which gave the place a great atmosphere. Gutted I had to leave before the boxing match on Saturday when they were putting on a BBQ & showing the fight on a projector up on the roof.

Loved it here - fun and relaxed atmosphere, lots to do and a good location. Would come back!

I absolutely loved staying here. Comfortable bed, nice kitchen, lots of sunshine, a beautiful rooftop terrace perfect for an afternoon siesta... But the best part was the staff & friends of the hostel. The first night there, they threw a birthday party/BBQ. Tons of sweet folks from all over Argentina & the world. The next couple of nights we all went out on the town. Diego, the owner, really makes you feel like you're at his home. I had to force myself to leave Salta!!!

The BEST hostel in Salta! Great accommodations, lovely staff, perfect location, great asados.... Can assist you with everything you want to do in Salta. Highly recommended!

• 12th Aug 2014

good hostel with very friendly stall, just a few block to the main square,

The good - Location. Clean rooms. Mostly clean bathrooms. Great atmosphere. People hanging out on the roof in the evening was nice. The not so good - Better help upon arrival would be appreciated such as showing us where towels are, what the wifi password is, etc. Email correspondence prior to arrival was very brief and staff obviously didn't take much thought in answering the questions.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel; the staff were very friendly, the beds were comfortable and there was a lovel atmosphere on the rooftop terrace.

Awesome location and very helpful staff. Everyone in the hostel speaks English. If you're looking to meet fellow English speakers this is your place! But if you're more into the cultural experience of meeting locals you may want to look elsewhere

Good hostel, lovely staff, the bbq nights they do are amazing with particularly great steak.

Dorm room was very good. Music playing in the hostel was a bit annoying and the kitchen was a little small for the number of beds at the hostel. No common area but a terrace available (if it's not too cold). Bathrooms were clean and hot water available.

Enjoyed our stay, wifi was good, staffs English was also really good, only downfall was there wasn't any common room only a kitchen were people sit but not very comfy as it's dining tables n chairs, there was an outdoor area which was cool but was too cold to sit out! Definately reccomend if only staying a couple of nights!

Great owner and staff, and a very homely hostel. I recommend this hostel. But be warned, top bunks have no ladders (which makes it hard to get up), 4 lockers for a 6 room dorm, and the showers are not so straight forward - if the hot water doesn't come out, try playing with the shower head.

This hostel does need some little refurbishments, however its price-performance ratio is simply excellent.

Staff are nice and helpful. The hostel is just a few blocks away from the main plaza.

I arrived tired to a lovely warm welcome by the hostel's receptionist. I had a comfortable bed in the four bed and the hostel had a real friendly and social feel. I had a flight early the next morning so didn't get to enjoy my stay for long. Shower was only a dribble but was happy to get one at all!!!

Staff were excellent and very helpful. Wifi was very good. Towels provided for free. Only a short walk from the main square. Breakfast was very sparse, only white bread and jam. Double room was cold. Common area was too small

Staff are really helpful

I had a great time at La Covacha, everyone was very welcoming. After a week there, it almost felt like home!

I found the breakfast rather poor here - just bread and jam and I came here after Brazil which had great breakfasts. They played some loud music which I found irritating, album music which you generally would only listen to if you liked the particular artist and they played it late and past the time when they said to be quiet although I didn't hear much in my room so slept ok. Internet was ok but did cut out.

Fantastic hostel, run by fantastic people! Will definitely go out of our way to stop past salta again to say hi! Marshy