La Covacha Hostel Reviews

Juramento 109, Salta, Argentina

Horrible spring beds, dirty showers and only 2 showers whit hangars for your clothes. The internet on the computer vanished when you switched screens. And one night we arrived late at the hostel and nobody opened the door because there was a party upstairs and we had to wait 10 minutes before we could enter the hostel at 2 am!

Wonderful hostel, team is awesome and I realy like the atmosphere. I recommand this hostel, you have everything and good advices from the staff. It's closed to everything and easy to go to excursions. Super hôtel, super équipe, j'ai vraiment apprécié l'atmosphère. Il est proche de tout ce dont vous avez besoin pour profiter de Salta. Le staff donne de bons conseils pour visiter la ville et faire des excursions. Je recommande vivement. Yo recommandio el hostal. El staff es incredible y todo bien.

People were hit and miss. Many French people speaking French, not nice if you are the only person not speaking French or Spanish. Luckily I ran into 1 nice girl. People that work there are nice. Shower was always cold. Location is good, hostel is just not really special, but average.

Definitely do the BBQ if you get chance- it was so good! Location was good and the staff were really nice and helpful. Only negative is that the bathrooms were not great, the shower was pretty temperamental and not ideal. Overall a good experience.

Cozy hostel where you quickly feel at home. Bathrooms could be more clean. Staff was very helpful. Overall a nice stay in Salta :)

Welcoming environment, You feel at the hostel like in your family. There is a great atmosphere, good vibes, with nice people who take care of you during you stay. Help you to organize your trip or your night in Salta area. I highly recommend la Covacha , nice terrace with a view and often live music at night, rooms are clean, I also enjoyed the bread and dulce de leche for the breakfast, it's a really great place for backpackers! I had a good time there.

Awesome staff, and the hostel in general is great! One night there was a really nice, not to mention delicious, barbecue on the roof terrace. Totally recommend this!

Great place to stay in Salta! If I would go back I would def stay there again! Diego does the best asado's and he knows the places to go if you want to go out. You can also get a good nights rest here.

We had a good stay at this place. The owner, Diego, is a really friendly guy who is capable of making the best asado (bbq) you will have in Argentina. The rooftop terrace is excellent, showers are hot and clean, kitchen is well-equipped. You can walk to the busstation and city centre (although cabs are a cheap alternative).

Poor Service, unclean bathrooms, unclean kitchen, unclean facilities, poor working showers, noiys room. bad-smelling towels.Sorry, but compared with other hostels in the same price range it is really poor.

Brilliant hostel - staff are really helpful and friendly, helping with tours and activities, finding your way around, and taking you out on the town if you fancy it. They have asado for the guests maybe once a week, which is lovely. Facilities are good, rooms and bathrooms clean, lockers of a decent size, and wifi reliable. No problems, and a good stay in a friendly atmosphere. If I come back to Salta, here is where I'll be staying.

Wanted to stay only three days, ended up staying almost two weeks... The staff is great, they organize barbecues and help you with everything. Would always recommend it.

Quit hostel, good location but not that much to see.

Wow, what a stay :) Ended up staying there for more than 2 weeks. Atmosphere is great, Diego is the best owner of a hostel i ever met. When i arrived, no one was there, so we went out together to places you'd never visit as a regular tourist. Asados on wednesdays and saturdays sometimes with live music were really good and cheap and then clubbing! He helped us organizing a car trip to the north, which was one of the best things i've done so far. I was really sad to leave this place.. buena honda

Staff is very helpful!

Really nice place with good vibes, there is an awsome rooftop and a sympathic staff ! Bad point : The rooms are a bit noisy because of the street. Good place !

Nice rooftop, great location to visit the city (but far away from the nightlife, although taxis are not too expensive). There was an asado the night we stayed, and it was delicious. Maybe the atmosphere was not the best, but we still met very nice people and had a good time.

Very generous people!

un hostel con muy buena onda. el personal siempre me ayudó con cualquier problema y preguntas.

By far the best of Covacha is Diego the manager. In years of travelling I've never encountered someone so capable, helpful and friendly in a hostel. But even with the 120 % I'd rate him... The rest of the staff is terrible (to only name one thing: they let me wait 15 minutes on Christmas eve cause they had a party and didn't here me ringing). My room was big and quite comfy, but very(!) noisy at night. Cleanliness was ok, the wifi good, the breakfast poor. All in all not the best experience.