La Covacha Hostel Reviews

Juramento 109, Salta, Argentina

I really liked the hostel because of its terrace, nice staff, buena honda and great location. Unfortunately there were flees in my bed of which bites I'm still suffering...

Good Hostel.. 4 blocks from the main plaza.. Nice terrace area.. Great staff

Nice and comfy place with a good location. Very calm. The breakfast could be more diversified though.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

No inside chill out area. Bathroom toilets refused to flush most of the time. Nice big private rooms. Breakfast poor.

Location alright, 5 blocks from the main square. Not a great atmosphere but maybe I was unlucky. Best BBQ ever though prepared by the very friendly staff (P$80 and a lot of great side dishes). The sound of the bell gets stuck in your head after a day, recommended to change it to a normal sound.

The brother and sister owners are excellent. Very friendly and helpful. The facility is well located only a short distance from the central plaza. I enjoyed my stay.

Fun hostel a few blocks from the main square in Salta, also easy walking distance from the main bus terminal. Private double room was huge with a big bed and nice window. Shared bathrooms were a little dated but generally clean and there were enough to go around. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Wifi worked well. Breakfast was tea, coffee and some bread rolls (with butter or dulce de leche); a bit more variety might be nice! The roof terrace is really great.

The atmosphere was really nice and the room very cosy however the bathrooms let the place down a little... Very often the toilet rolls were soaking wet (why not just put them in a holder?) and very often there was "something" floating in the toilet, which was a little disgusting. Of course that's also down to the guests but if the toilets were maybe checked a bit more often.... Otherwise we really enjoyed our stay!

Hostel rooms are on first floor on a passing street, windows far to be sound proof which does not help and make the rooms very noisy in the morning and in the evening with Traffic in the street. Nice terrasse though and rooms are big. Breakfast in poor.

A good hostel, but nothing special. I expected better breakfast.

Decent enough location a few blocks from the main square. Very good value. Can be quite hot but Salta is a hot place. No Soap and towels in the bathrooms when we stayed there. Wifi is resonably good

pros: staff are nice, terrace is lovely, location is quite good - close to the bus station and main square, Comfy beds cons: not enough lockers in rooms for number of beds, toilets sometimes flushed, some showers didn't work, breakfast is sparse, no air con, lots of street noise and bed bugs!

Good relaxing hostel with nice staff. Had a very enjoyable stay.

Had a great BBQ on their rooftop with everybody and went downtown afterwards. It was delicious and lots oft fun! Breakfast is simple. Staff is very nice and helpful!

One of the best Hostels I've ever been!

Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Lovely terrace and good location. Bathrooms were OK but wear your flip flops. 24 hour security gives added safety. We enjoyed our stay here in this lovely city.

Good location and hostel was nice. The road outside our room was a bit noisy during the night though.

Greta hostel, helpfull staff and good atmosphere

Very nice private rooms with a choice of clean bathrooms close by. Great roof terrace to eat and socialise.

I have had a great time in la covacha. The barbecues are tge best and the staff knows how to arrange having a good time. If I come back to salta..I will be back at la covacha.

« first « Prev 1 2 3