La Covacha Hostel Reviews

Juramento 109, Salta, Argentina

The BEST hostel in Salta! Great accommodations, lovely staff, perfect location, great asados.... Can assist you with everything you want to do in Salta. Highly recommended!

• 12th Aug 2014

good hostel with very friendly stall, just a few block to the main square,

The good - Location. Clean rooms. Mostly clean bathrooms. Great atmosphere. People hanging out on the roof in the evening was nice. The not so good - Better help upon arrival would be appreciated such as showing us where towels are, what the wifi password is, etc. Email correspondence prior to arrival was very brief and staff obviously didn't take much thought in answering the questions.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel; the staff were very friendly, the beds were comfortable and there was a lovel atmosphere on the rooftop terrace.

Awesome location and very helpful staff. Everyone in the hostel speaks English. If you're looking to meet fellow English speakers this is your place! But if you're more into the cultural experience of meeting locals you may want to look elsewhere

Dorm room was very good. Music playing in the hostel was a bit annoying and the kitchen was a little small for the number of beds at the hostel. No common area but a terrace available (if it's not too cold). Bathrooms were clean and hot water available.

Enjoyed our stay, wifi was good, staffs English was also really good, only downfall was there wasn't any common room only a kitchen were people sit but not very comfy as it's dining tables n chairs, there was an outdoor area which was cool but was too cold to sit out! Definately reccomend if only staying a couple of nights!

Great owner and staff, and a very homely hostel. I recommend this hostel. But be warned, top bunks have no ladders (which makes it hard to get up), 4 lockers for a 6 room dorm, and the showers are not so straight forward - if the hot water doesn't come out, try playing with the shower head.

This hostel does need some little refurbishments, however its price-performance ratio is simply excellent.

Staff are nice and helpful. The hostel is just a few blocks away from the main plaza.

I arrived tired to a lovely warm welcome by the hostel's receptionist. I had a comfortable bed in the four bed and the hostel had a real friendly and social feel. I had a flight early the next morning so didn't get to enjoy my stay for long. Shower was only a dribble but was happy to get one at all!!!

Staff were excellent and very helpful. Wifi was very good. Towels provided for free. Only a short walk from the main square. Breakfast was very sparse, only white bread and jam. Double room was cold. Common area was too small

Staff are really helpful

I had a great time at La Covacha, everyone was very welcoming. After a week there, it almost felt like home!

I found the breakfast rather poor here - just bread and jam and I came here after Brazil which had great breakfasts. They played some loud music which I found irritating, album music which you generally would only listen to if you liked the particular artist and they played it late and past the time when they said to be quiet although I didn't hear much in my room so slept ok. Internet was ok but did cut out.

Fantastic hostel, run by fantastic people! Will definitely go out of our way to stop past salta again to say hi! Marshy

We only stayed here for one night, arrived late at night and left early in the morning. We could hear all the traffic from the busy road which was a bit annoying. The bed sheet didn't look very clean, not sure if they had been changed or if they were just really worn out.

The bathrooms were not the best but the showers were warm. Nice rooftop area for hanging out in warmer weather. Otherwise not a great place to hang out. Lockers in the room and definitely clean.

La Covacha is located in a great part of Salta and is close to the main square, the cable car, bus stop, and restaurants/shopping. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was clean; however, the bathrooms and especially the showers were not exactly clean. Breakfast consisted of tea/coffee and rolls -- not particularly filling, but I suppose it was a free breakfast.

At first we weren't 100% sure but warmed to this place after a couple of days, particularly after the barbecue they did on our second evening (a regular fixture). The staff were all helpful and approachable and the owner seemed like a really good guy. There wasn't much of a sociable area indoors but the roof terrace was great, possibly a place that is better suited to warmer weather.