La Flor de Gaudi Hostel Reviews

Carrer Molist 5, Barcelona, Spain

Easy-going staff, also female owner of the place! I love the arrangement of the downstairs area with the night place/indoors-terraza and the kitchen too. Beds, I'd have loved a different arrangement, but it was okish!

Construction work at early hours of the day for the whole day with the whole room shaking. People shouting outside the window at 2-3 every morning plus very loud everytime security door was open and shut. Luggage in the way of washing machine so couldn't wash clothes. Big piece of blue glass in room which the receptions light shone through all night keeping us awake.

Dear guest, This is the manager of la Flor de Gaudi Park Güell. I apologize for all the inconvenient, but actually I think you didn't leave the review for the right hostel. I'm sorry but we don't have the luggage and the laundry together, we have no blue piece of glass and we don't have any construction going on in the hostel. All the Best

Hostel is really close to Park Guell, so if someone wants to go there in the early morning to avoid crowds it's good idea to stay there. The room was too small for 6 people - when someone wanted to go out of the room the rest needed to stay in their beds because there was not enough space for two people between beds. One Spanish girl at reception was nice, but the rest of the staff was strange. Towels, breakfast etc were quite expensive in comparison to other hostels. My score is 3 on 5.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Poland

The staff was super helpful ad friendly. The only thing I wished is that it was a bit closer to the metro! Lol. This hostel, not in the city but a teensy bit closer, would be perfect. Super clean, super comfy and just the right amount of facilities for the amount of ppl that can stay there.

Should be a light source next to each bed, to not bother the others who are already sleeping, whith the only one big light source...

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Romania

The hostel is very clean, the staff is helpful enough and the location is good for restaurants and supermarkets, but it is not that close to the metro (at least 15 min walking). I stayed at the two bed private room next to the reception and it was quite noisy because of people that would smoke next to our window and it made the room smell like cigarets. The plug in the bathroom didn't work and the shower water wasn't hot (at all).

Beside the Everest size hike that you have to take from the metro to get up to the hostal, our stay was AWSOME. There are some language issues with a few of the staff members but over all staff is friendly and will even take you out for a beer and a World Cup game.

• 13th Jun 2014

This hostel was great! It is a five minute walk to Parc Guell and the Gaudi Museum and about a 15 minute walk to the nearest metro station. The hostel was very clean and the staff is incredible! Very nice and extremely accommodating. I went to a flamenco show with Petra and Jade and it was so much fun! Everyone had recommendations on where to go and what to do. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone and if I return to Barcelona, I will stay here!

This place was great, didn't spend a lot of time here because we were busy checking out the sights, but the staff was very helpful and friendly, and the laundry was very cheap to do. Really clean place, only complaint is it could have been more central.

Amazing hostel!! I arrived alone and left with many friends! The staff was delightful (Ask for Petra and Jade!!) and the hostel comfortable, clean, and well located! Easy walk to Park Guell and Segrada Familia! Worth every penny!

We were allocated the room immediately to the left of reception and at the side of the main door coming in. That room should never have been made into sleeping accommodation. You have all the noise of everyone in reception, who kept us awake until very late and the wall between that room and entrance was a partition wall and every time someone came in, the door banged terribly. We had 2 nights and on both occasions had terrible nights/little sleep because of this.

Extremely nice staff! They emailed me a couple of days before my arrival and moved me to their second and more centrally located hostel because the other one was receiving a big, noisy group. Considerate and loved this more central location!

My stay with u was very good staff very helpfull shower room and bedroom very clean kitchen very nice would recommend it to anyone

• 17th Apr 2014

Staff was very kind, friendly, and always wanting to help with any questions. Checking in and out was easy. There was a place to store our things for the day even after we checked out which was super nice. Sort of far from the center of Barcelona, but not a bad walk to the metro. Definetly worth the price paid and more.

• 17th Apr 2014

Our hostel experience in Barcelona was good overall. The staff was very welcoming and always there to help or answer questions about the city. The security to get in the building and into our room was very nice (codes for each room). However, there was another room on our floor that didn't even have a door handle. So it really depends on the room you are placed in. The location is great with a short walk to Park Guell and only ten minutes or so by foot to the nearest metro.

It was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great and very helpful staff, great atmosphere. The facilities were clean and very good. The breakfast was totally worth the money. The location was good, really close to Parc Guell and to subway stations. Great neighborhood. Would definitely stay there again.

The door of the room broke and didn't close, the personal was friendly, but not always easy to find, and not very punctual. There was not much space in the common rooms, which forced people to talk in the bedroom, which was really annoying if you wanted to sleep early for a night. The sheets seemed to be washed but there were stains on it, I really wonder if they cleaned the room, never noticed mucht of it... I gave 5 euro for the keys as deposit but never got it back...

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

I stayed 4 nights with my husband, it was a great place for the quick visit! It was more than I expected, we booked the private room and it came with a separate bathroom it was a nice surprise because we thought we would be using the shared facilities. The staff were amazing extremely friendly, when we arrived the girl kindly introduced the maps they had and gave us loads of information! Excellent value, great location right near Park Guell, 24 bus goes past the famous spaces too...will be back!

• 31st Mar 2014

Loved the balcony in our room! They don't all have it, but our 6 person dorm did and it was beautiful. The hostel is on a hill that is a bit of a climb to get to but well worth it.

My friend and I stayed here in March and had an amazing experience. The staff was SO friendly and helpfull. I was travelling with quite a difficult first time traveller and the staff was never unfriendly and constantly tried to make us happy. The hostel is about a 10min walk to the metro, a 5min walk to the nearest hop-on-hop-off buss stop and a 5min walk from the Park Guell. It is also very close to some of the best, and cheapest souvenir shops.

• 21st Mar 2014