La Flor de Gaudi Hostel Reviews

Carrer Molist 5, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

The door of the room broke and didn't close, the personal was friendly, but not always easy to find, and not very punctual. There was not much space in the common rooms, which forced people to talk in the bedroom, which was really annoying if you wanted to sleep early for a night. The sheets seemed to be washed but there were stains on it, I really wonder if they cleaned the room, never noticed mucht of it... I gave 5 euro for the keys as deposit but never got it back...

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

I stayed 4 nights with my husband, it was a great place for the quick visit! It was more than I expected, we booked the private room and it came with a separate bathroom it was a nice surprise because we thought we would be using the shared facilities. The staff were amazing extremely friendly, when we arrived the girl kindly introduced the maps they had and gave us loads of information! Excellent value, great location right near Park Guell, 24 bus goes past the famous spaces too...will be back!

• 31st Mar 2014

The front desk people at La Flor de Gaudi were excellent. They went out of their way to give us advice about Barcelona and actually talked about Catalonian culture with us. They also upgraded us from a 12 bed to a 9 bed room without ask asking. The location isn't fabulous, but it's only a 10 minute walk away from a metro stop so it really ends up being fine. I would say that they don't have enough showers but it didn't end up being a problem for us.

• 20th Mar 2014

Booked a twin private, received a room with a bunk bed. The floor of both room and bathroom were covered with dust and hair everywhere. I asked if it still needed to be cleaned, the lady behind the desk apologized and called the cleaner. He didn't really do more than just pointing his broom at the hair and dust and left. Paying 100 euro's for two nights in a room like that was a ripoff. Apart from that, the staff was friendly, and the location is very nice. But I wouldn't go there again.

Our cleaning man is a disabled person and we apologize if sometime he makes some mistakes. One of the bases of our company is to help people, and we decided that integrating disabled people into society it is a good way to do it, even though we know that sometimes they can make some mistakes.

A few minutes from metro station. It is at a calm place, so if there are respectful guests, than you will have a very good sleep.

This hostel was a really good place to stay and to discover the city! Friendly staff and the rooms are clean. Good job! Cato

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

I had a really wonderful stay at this hostel. The neighbourhood is safe and pleasant. It takes only 5 minutes to walk to the metro station. Park Guell is also just around the corner. Christina and Dario, the owners of the hostel, are the best hosts I have ever met. They are super nice and friendly. The hostel is clean and comfortable. In a word, it is beyond my expectation. I would definitely recommend it to backpackers travelling to Barcelona.

this hostel is one of if not the best hostels in Barcelona. its location in Gracia is a little far from the city center but that is the only slightt drawback, the area is a great place to hang out. as with the hostel itself, they have everything you need and you couldnt ask for more genuine and fantastic hosts in Christina and Darius, they are 2 of the most nicest people/hosts you will ever meet, not just saying that, awesome to talk to and always wanting to help with whatever you needs are!!

The staff treated me friendly and caring way during my visit. Though they were educated for something else, they seemed to enjoy their work very much. There was nice terrace in my rooms, though the stairs were sometimes rough :D

Really nice staff, very clean and worth the money you spend. Subway not very far.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I have no complaints! This hostel was amazing. It was located about 5 minutes away from Parc Guell and was about a 10 minute walk from two different metro stations that could take you anywhere you needed to in Barcelona with ease. Though I had accidentally booked an extra day, staff was super nice about it and worked with my friend and I fix it. The hostel was also super clean and modern, offered a great cheap breakfast, and also the blankets provided were so cozy. Also walking tours for free!

I had an amazing experience at this hostel. I have never been to a hostel where the owners were so concerned th

This hostel absolutely went above and beyond my expectations. I'm an American student studying abroad in Europe for the semester, and needed a hostel for four nights in Barcelona during Toussaint. La Flor de Gaudi was the cheapest in the city. Got it for just 10 euros each night, for an all-female six-bed dorm (and my friend and I had the room to ourselves for three of the four nights). The couple that runs the hostel is so kind and invested in their guests!

• 26th Oct 2013

WONDERFUL hostel! The people who run it are just great and make you feel as if you were visiting old friends! They really care and will do anything to make your stay better and they are real wells of information. Plus the hostel is all new and nice and clean and conveniently located just by the park Guell and in the nicest neighborhood of Barcelona - La Gracia. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

This hostel is definitely for those looking to explore on their own and not for meeting people. The location is good only for Parc Guell. Otherwise, it's far from the Metro and anything else. The staff are friendly, but offered little guidance on things in the area (eg restaurants, bars, etc). The rooms are decently nice, though, and the top room has a great terrace. Come here only if you're looking to explore on your own - this is a good place to sleep and shower, not much more.

La Flor de Gaudi is the best hostel I´ve ever been! The staff is nice, helps you to find information (for example if you want to go out for party and return around 4o clock in the morning:-); organizes sightseeingtoursIts and tries to solve every problem you have. It´s located close to the park Güell and has a greeat terrace and yummy breakfast! Thank you sooo much!

• 19th Oct 2013

Thanks Carlotte!!! You and your family are wonderful people

Comfy hostel for a cheap price (10 €). Breakfast is now not included, but it's totally worth it to spend 3 € for it. True to its description info. Located near Park Güell, so you'll probably need public transport to reach any other tourist places, there are a couple of metro lines and two more bus lines on hand anyway. Friendly and helpful staff, free WiFi, well-equipped and nice kitchen and two docile cats around are some other highlights. A little short on bathrooms, at least they're clean

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Spain

Excellent. Could improve on common areas for relaxing, larger terrace with smoking option would be nice. There could also be some cheese included in the optional 3EUR breakfast, only having jam or butter gets old fast. Otherwise, new hostel, excellent staff, good value for ten euros. Extended my stay a couple of times.

modern and new, very clean, good wifi and free computer. staff were extremely helpful, they put on a free walking tour as well which was great. close to parc gûell and in a trendy neighborhood, but not that close to la rambla and the main tourist areas. definitely a great hostel